USA Lacrosse Way Too Early Top 25

D1 Womens Lacrosse
cdb

Re: USA Lacrosse Way Too Early Top 25

Post by cdb »

I also wanted to say that I know folks who are getting around the parent/child requirement of state citizenship, by buying a home in the state -- you are allowed to have dual citizenship -- many folks do this with homes in retirement areas -- e.g. Florida. They buy an old care and register it in their name with a state license plate. The student will live in the house or apartment/condo for the time they are enrolled in the school and the home is listed in their parents name. Then, they either sell the home when the student is done or continue to rent it out. Not everyone can do this. I do not know if it is legal, but I do know folks that are doing it, so that there children are considered in-state students.
spidey44

Re: USA Lacrosse Way Too Early Top 25

Post by spidey44 »

cdb wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:41 pm I also wanted to say that I know folks who are getting around the parent/child requirement of state citizenship, by buying a home in the state -- you are allowed to have dual citizenship -- many folks do this with homes in retirement areas -- e.g. Florida. They buy an old care and register it in their name with a state license plate. The student will live in the house or apartment/condo for the time they are enrolled in the school and the home is listed in their parents name. Then, they either sell the home when the student is done or continue to rent it out. Not everyone can do this. I do not know if it is legal, but I do know folks that are doing it, so that there children are considered in-state students.
For Florida state schools, you have to show income of 30k IN STATE to claim residency.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”