The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

[/quote]
Looks like our hero MD has some misogynistic tendencies running through his veins. ;) Imagine judging a woman by her appearance!!
[/quote]Yep....and not one of his comrades around here called him on it.
[/quote]

Well, that's it; not voting for MDLaxFan in 2024.

Meanwhile, the great warrior coalition on Fanlax is OK with photo ops at the gravesites of our dead soldiers.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:26 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:44 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:11 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:36 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:04 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:23 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:13 pm Dead service members as props.
Using Arlington and dead service members for political photo ops and props. While smiling and giving a thumbs up.

Trump campaign staff had altercation with official at Arlington National Cemetery

"A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members would be authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source."

Absolutely disgraceful.

Some of his vet sympathizers here will make excuses for this crass and bad behavior, too
:oops:
By some your not including me. What I don't know is if he was invited to the grave by the family. If that is the case then the dynamics have changed. If it was Joe Biden invited by family members would the sentiments be the same?? Of course if it wasn't for Joe Bidens stupidity this gathering probably would never have happened in the first place. :roll:
If invited Trump? That's great.

Pretty sure they didn't "invite" the cameras. Once again: if we're going to respect those who served. and yell at those who don't "do it right"? Great.

But pick a lane. This one set of rules for R's and one set for D's has GOT to stop.
hang on, it doesn't matter whether the family invited anybody. Cameras are forbidden by law in that area. Period. The family doesn't own that right, couldn't grant it to anyone no matter how partisan their sentiments.

What's interesting to me is that the Trump people felt entitled anyway...and guys like Youth are on here complaining that Biden and Harris weren't there for a photo op too...
Cameras are always in Arlington Cemetery. I attend have attended Wreaths Across America many times, it is riddled with cameras and families taking photos, Navy MLAX, John TIllman among a few post pictures there all the time.
But not Section 60. By law.

Or are you disputing that?
It's complicated. B/c the rule is not Zero Photographs, and b/c one could consider this photo op NOT political, it would be okay.

"Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign. Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants. We can confirm there was an incident, and a report was filed," the statement read.
Is that not clear as a bell to you?

Or are you saying that a candidate for President and their campaign staff with photographers are "immune" from the law as described above. Or just this one?
How did they or even you know that it was an intended political in nature photo? If everyone was there to show respect at the memorial and the families wanted a photo with the past POTUS and current POTUS candidate. Sheesh....you guys are are so judgmental.....look at the two ladies.....everyone is smiles and they are throwing out "rock on" hand signs...yet you want them to be crying with heads bowed... :roll:

But MAGA at every turn with you all. Stop being so darned judgmental of others.
Two of the women in the photo are flashing hand signals. I don't know what they mean. Maybe it's a S.O.S. or some RW cult hi sign. Their smiles look forced, like a hostage photo.
Are they signaling "ok"?
Kinda looks that way with gal on left. She looks fully capable of that...Maybe other gal in light blue too?
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/26/76472816 ... ol-of-hate

nah, probably just awkward...
I already told what the hand signals were....they are the "Rock On". :roll:

Just more judging by you, and this time full blown judging....b/c by the way they look?, Really? Sheesh, you have really shown your cards today. :lol:
#QFP

Looks like our hero MD has some misogynistic tendencies running through his veins. ;) Imagine judging a woman by her appearance!!
Yep....and not one of his comrades around here called him on it.
You nailed it. I'm waiting for MD lax who judges everyone else on this forum to explain his own misogynist statement. Maybe he is waiting for his fellow forum lackeys to do it for him. The correct move for MD would be to apologize but that isn't in his lifelong Republican DNA to do that. I'm waiting for his spin. I'm guessing he will blame it on trump. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/29/politics ... index.html

The US Army issued a stark rebuke of former President Donald Trump’s presidential campaign over the incident on Monday at Arlington National Cemetery, saying in a statement on Thursday that participants in the ceremony “were made aware of federal laws” regarding political activity at the cemetery, and “abruptly pushed aside” an employee of the cemetery.

Who cares what the Army thinks. The family invited Trump.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.npr.org/2024/08/28/nx-s1-50 ... ltercation

Liberal media. Once the family invited Trump, all bets were off. He didn’t do anything wrong. The family invited him. Old Salt, C&S, YI all agree.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:49 am
[/quote]Yep....and not one of his comrades around here called him on it.
[/quote]

Meanwhile, the great warrior coalition on Fanlax is OK with photo ops at the gravesites of our dead soldiers.
[/quote]

Come on MD. Beyond the pale. Knock it off.

Please just keep it to your usual chatter about BJs.

Thanks ggait
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:31 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks ggait
[/quote]

Isn’t “tendencies” plural and implies more than one instance? I am not voting for him either.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:31 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks ggait
[/quote]

We are in agreement I'm not voting for MD lax fan either. Especially now that he has shown his blatant bias against women. Who would of thunk the guy who lectures all of us about how we should treat and respect women was lying to all of us the entire time?
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Seems kind of narrowly focused. You won’t be supporting Vance either right?
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

r's working hard for those female votes...

Former President Donald J. Trump used his social-media website on Wednesday to amplify a crude remark about Vice President Kamala Harris that suggested Ms. Harris traded sexual favors to help her political career.

The post, by another user on Truth Social, was an image of Ms. Harris and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump’s opponent in 2016. The text read: “Funny how favors impacted both their careers differently…”

AND

The Army on Thursday criticized the conduct of members of former President Donald J. Trump’s campaign in a statement about a confrontation at Arlington National Cemetery this week, in which campaign staff clashed with a cemetery employee who was trying to enforce a prohibition on political activity.

Participants in the Trump campaign’s wreath-laying ceremony on Monday “were made aware” of that prohibition, but “an A.N.C. employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside,” the statement said. “Consistent with the decorum expected at A.N.C., this employee acted with professionalism and avoided further disruption.”

It added, “This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the A.N.C. employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked.” A Trump spokesman had disparaged the employee and claimed she was “clearly suffering from a mental health episode.”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

The post, by another user on Truth Social, was an image of Ms. Harris and Hillary Clinton, Mr. Trump’s opponent in 2016. The text read: “Funny how favors impacted both their careers differently…”
N.B. The word actually used by Cheetoh wasn't "favors"
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So every wreath laying ceremony by every sitting POTUS at the tomb of the unknown soldier has to be by definition political in nature and to be used for re- election fodder. We can now expect the ANC groundskeepers to refuse a sitting POTUS to take photos of any wreath laying ceremonies from this point forward. How come none of the usual FLP morons on this forum aren't asking this simple question. How come Joe Biden or Kamala Harris were not invited to the wreath laying ceremony? Might that be because Joe Bidens incompetent leadership is the reason this young marine now resides at Arlington National Cemetery?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:32 pm So every wreath laying ceremony by every sitting POTUS at the tomb of the unknown soldier has to be by definition political in nature and to be used for re- election fodder. We can now expect the ANC groundskeepers to refuse a sitting POTUS to take photos of any wreath laying ceremonies from this point forward. How come none of the usual FLP morons on this forum aren't asking this simple question. How come Joe Biden or Kamala Harris were not invited to the wreath laying ceremony? Might that be because Joe Bidens incompetent leadership is the reason this young marine now resides at Arlington National Cemetery?
Well, there might be a little distinction, which you may have, like the blind squirrel, stumbled upon. It’s a military cemetery. The “sitting” President is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Services. Maybe he (or she!!) gets to be photographed.

Trump is, happily, a guy from Florida, by way of Queens.

I honestly can’t believe you guys can’t just say, “what a cheap, tawdry thing to do.” But you can’t. But you can flyspeck someone else’s 24 years of service. Really something.
Last edited by Seacoaster(1) on Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:32 pm So every wreath laying ceremony by every sitting POTUS at the tomb of the unknown soldier has to be by definition political in nature and to be used for re- election fodder. We can now expect the ANC groundskeepers to refuse a sitting POTUS to take photos of any wreath laying ceremonies from this point forward. How come none of the usual FLP morons on this forum aren't asking this simple question. How come Joe Biden or Kamala Harris were not invited to the wreath laying ceremony? Might that be because Joe Bidens incompetent leadership is the reason this young marine now resides at Arlington National Cemetery?
No. The LEGAL restrictions on filming. photography and political mumbo jumbo are for Section 60 only. Pay attention please.

If you don't believe me, as the family of the marine buried next to the marine family in question about their feelings of having their son's headstone in the smiling thumbs up BS picture. They obviously weren't consulted - The found out because they can readily read his headstone in the picture :oops:
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:46 pm
No. The LEGAL restrictions on filming. photography and political mumbo jumbo are for Section 60 only. Pay attention please.

If you don't believe me, as the family of the marine buried next to the marine family in question about their feelings of having their son's headstone in the smiling thumbs up BS picture. They obviously weren't consulted - The found out because they can readily read his headstone in the picture :oops:
They don’t matter….must be FLP types. The other family invited Trump. That is all that matters to C&S, Old Salt, YI and people like them.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Hey buddy can you stop doing that, Trump is trying to take a photo with his thumbs up….
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Trump is currently a private citizen. He holds no office currently. He is currently campaigning for office. His presence, by definition, can only be political. He violated civil and military laws/rules at Arlington. No private photographers allowed.

Apparently our warrior crew on here appear have all been rendered blind idiot partisan trolls by drinking too much MAGA kool aid.

Do you usually flash a smiling thumbs up over the grave of a fallen brother in arms? Do you like to pair that with an upside down Bible?

What the heck is wrong with you guys?
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

CU88a wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:32 pmIt added, “This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the A.N.C. employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked.” A Trump spokesman had disparaged the employee and claimed she was “clearly suffering from a mental health episode.”
"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever" - DJT
njbill

Post by njbill »

The purpose of the photographing/videotaping is key. I think it was OK for the families to invite Trump. OK for some commemorative pictures for the families to be taken with Trump if that’s what they wanted. Even a video probably would’ve been OK. But the purpose of all that would be to give the families a keepsake, something they want. Not to create a campaign commercial.

My sister and I visited my father‘s grave on what would’ve been his 100th birthday. We took a picture, just the two of us, and sent it to my brother who wasn’t able to make it that day. I consider that to have been OK.

When I visit my parents’ graves, I never think about what are the “rules of the cemetery.” If I did, I would think whatever they are, they are just common sense rules. I know I can’t bring in a barbecue grill, a cooler of beer, some lawn chairs, and a boombox and hold a party. Just common sense. I can’t bring in a film crew. Again, common sense.

Wherever you come out on the filming, however, what was way way beyond the pale was SHOVING the cemetery worker. Who on God‘s green earth does that? In more rational times, whether that person worked for a Republican or a Democratic campaign, they would be fired immediately.

Return to “POLITICS”