Religion in America

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Religion in America

Post by jhu72 »

... the bible should come with a warning label
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:09 pm ... the bible should come with a warning label
It does. It has a crucifix right on the cover.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:09 pm ... the bible should come with a warning label
So should the Koran. Used incorrectly it can be hazardous to peoples health.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Religion, any religion, can be twisted to extremes to motivate and justify violence to others.

Most all have done so. I can't think of any without such history.

Most all have also been utilized in wonderful ways to help people.
And that's the fundamental intention of the religion.
I can't think of any major religion where that's not the case.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:25 am Religion, any religion, can be twisted to extremes to motivate and justify violence to others.

I don't know of any Christians that are strapping suicide bombs on themselves and blowing up innocent people in the name of Christ. If that had happened 72 would have been all over that I'm sure. :roll: On that note there are certainly not that many people who profess to be Christians who adhere to what Christ was saying in those 3 short years before he was crucified.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:03 pm
More friends in hell for you to commiserate with. ;)
... your tribe might want to reconsider your immigration policy position. Current immigration trends massively favors Christians! Without it, sending people back to their "sh*thole countries" just quickens the pace of de-Christianization. ;) Favoring white Europeans, speeds secularization. :lol:
Silliness.....people don't lose Faith because of a border, unless jihad takes over...is that what you prefer?
... white Europeans are more secular than Americans already! Central American Hispanics are Christians.
Why argue with someone ignorant. Christian missionaries were the tip of the spear when these places were colonized. The people in south and Central America are more Christian than the colonizers. The colonizers left the Bible in exchange for the resources. Christians should be pro immigration not because it would boost their numbers, but because it’s the Christian thing to do.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:58 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:27 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:22 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:03 pm
More friends in hell for you to commiserate with. ;)
... your tribe might want to reconsider your immigration policy position. Current immigration trends massively favors Christians! Without it, sending people back to their "sh*thole countries" just quickens the pace of de-Christianization. ;) Favoring white Europeans, speeds secularization. :lol:
Silliness.....people don't lose Faith because of a border, unless jihad takes over...is that what you prefer?
... white Europeans are more secular than Americans already! Central American Hispanics are Christians.
Why argue with someone ignorant. Christian missionaries were the tip of the spear when these places were colonized. The people in south and Central America are more Christian than the colonizers. The colonizers left the Bible in exchange for the resources. Christians should be pro immigration not because it would boost their numbers, but because it’s the Christian thing to do.
... that would be too much to ask of the MAGA flock.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

religion is great...

https://www.fox4news.com/news/pastor-te ... prostitute

indoctrinate the young to blindly believe anything that they are told and tell them it is "faith"...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88a wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:35 am religion is great...

https://www.fox4news.com/news/pastor-te ... prostitute

indoctrinate the young to blindly believe anything that they are told and tell them it is "faith"...
Just like the church of environmental fanaticism. :D
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:25 am Religion, any religion, can be twisted to extremes to motivate and justify violence to others.

... seems to be an awful lot of religious people around the world advocating violence against others in this age of Trump: conservative Christians, conservative Hindus, conservative Jews, conservative Muslims ... real hard in this age to make an argument that there is anything good or useful about any conservative religion!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:39 pm

... seems to be an awful lot of religious people around the world advocating violence against others in this age of Trump: conservative Christians, conservative Hindus, conservative Jews, conservative Muslims ... real hard in this age to make an argument that there is anything good or useful about any conservative religion!
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:39 pm

It's my way or the highway, only path to heaven, zero sum thinking that is the issue, not religiosity per se, much less any specific religion. That's always been the case and is very much part of human nature. For the faithful on here, of whatever faith tradition, the question is whether that's god's will or man's...good or evil, sin...

I think it's what we are called to struggle against, 'to follow our better angels', as our faith actually calls us to do.

The Gandhi quote sums it up perfectly.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:58 am

Old Third World (what tRump calls sh!thold countries) adage:

When the missionaries came, they had the Bible, we had the Land.
When they left, we had the Bible, they had the Land.

Hundreds of millions killed by "Christian" missionaries, lands and resources stolen, millions more enslaved. That's the legacy of Christianity.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/c ... witter.jpg

typical crazed MAGA ideology rather than true religious sentiments
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Lucifer & Jesus = same thing

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IE30GpH2zzs

Typical Lax Dad

:geek: I heard he was on his way to Drag Queen Story Time:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/29/us/gatew ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad