The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

You tell her JD!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Ain’t that Old Salt in the back?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:08 pm

There it is. Two sets of rule.

F off Vance. And everyone who has gone after Walz for "doing it wrong" with military ethics can go F themselves, and what they are doing to this country.

So sick of of these people. No shame. None whatsoever. All for power and because McCain and Reagan and the like are no longer there to tell them "we don't do this sh(t in the Republican party, pal. Show some honor".

You know: the EXACT thing they claim to want from Walz. F them all.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:20 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:08 pm

There it is. Two sets of rule.

F off Vance. And everyone who has gone after Walz for "doing it wrong" with military ethics can go F themselves, and what they are doing to this country.

So sick of of these people. No shame. None whatsoever. All for power and because McCain and Reagan and the like are no longer there to tell them "we don't do this sh(t in the Republican party, pal. Show some honor".

You know: the EXACT thing they claim to want from Walz. F them all.
The guy is a phony. I have said it for years. He’s from Middletown. We thought they were rich. Appalachian my ass.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

I like this clip of JDV better.

Good beat; easy to dance to.

https://www.tiktok.com/@casadimusic/vid ... 42?lang=en
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:33 pm I like this clip of JDV better.

Good beat; easy to dance to.

https://www.tiktok.com/@casadimusic/vid ... 42?lang=en
👍
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:21 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:36 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:04 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:23 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:13 pm Dead service members as props.
Using Arlington and dead service members for political photo ops and props. While smiling and giving a thumbs up.

Trump campaign staff had altercation with official at Arlington National Cemetery

"A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members would be authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source."

Absolutely disgraceful.

Some of his vet sympathizers here will make excuses for this crass and bad behavior, too
:oops:
By some your not including me. What I don't know is if he was invited to the grave by the family. If that is the case then the dynamics have changed. If it was Joe Biden invited by family members would the sentiments be the same?? Of course if it wasn't for Joe Bidens stupidity this gathering probably would never have happened in the first place. :roll:
If invited Trump? That's great.

Pretty sure they didn't "invite" the cameras. Once again: if we're going to respect those who served. and yell at those who don't "do it right"? Great.

But pick a lane. This one set of rules for R's and one set for D's has GOT to stop.
hang on, it doesn't matter whether the family invited anybody. Cameras are forbidden by law in that area. Period. The family doesn't own that right, couldn't grant it to anyone no matter how partisan their sentiments.

What's interesting to me is that the Trump people felt entitled anyway...and guys like Youth are on here complaining that Biden and Harris weren't there for a photo op too...
If invited I'm sure Biden and Harris would have been there in a heartbeat. Then again I'm sure both would be persona non grata as far as the young Marines family is concerned. I wonder why that is? 🤔 No doubt trump broke protocol at Arlington. If the young Marines family was okay with it what's the big deal.
Military rules pertaining to this exact area. Again: either this stuff is important, or it ain't. Which is it?

And as usual, R's don't care when their guy does it, yet if this was Biden, you wouldn't hear the end of it.

And you know it, Cradle.
... Biden wouldn't behave this way. PERIOD! He has too much respect for the military dead. If a cemetery official approaches Biden or his party and tells them the score, he acquiesces. The republiCONs are so alpha. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Perfect. The apologists and toadies have arrived. “Thumbs up.”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:44 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:11 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 6:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:54 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:40 pm
Using Arlington and dead service members for political photo ops and props. While smiling and giving a thumbs up.

Trump campaign staff had altercation with official at Arlington National Cemetery

"A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members would be authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source."

Absolutely disgraceful.

Some of his vet sympathizers here will make excuses for this crass and bad behavior, too
By some your not including me. What I don't know is if he was invited to the grave by the family. If that is the case then the dynamics have changed. If it was Joe Biden invited by family members would the sentiments be the same?? Of course if it wasn't for Joe Bidens stupidity this gathering probably would never have happened in the first place. :roll:

Pretty sure they didn't "invite" the cameras. Once again: if we're going to respect those who served. and yell at those who don't "do it right"? Great.

But pick a lane. This one set of rules for R's and one set for D's has GOT to stop.
hang on, it doesn't matter whether the family invited anybody. Cameras are forbidden by law in that area. Period. The family doesn't own that right, couldn't grant it to anyone no matter how partisan their sentiments.

What's interesting to me is that the Trump people felt entitled anyway...and guys like Youth are on here complaining that Biden and Harris weren't there for a photo op too...
Cameras are always in Arlington Cemetery. I attend have attended Wreaths Across America many times, it is riddled with cameras and families taking photos, Navy MLAX, John TIllman among a few post pictures there all the time.
But not Section 60. By law.

Or are you disputing that?
It's complicated. B/c the rule is not Zero Photographs, and b/c one could consider this photo op NOT political, it would be okay.

"Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign. Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants. We can confirm there was an incident, and a report was filed," the statement read.
Is that not clear as a bell to you?

Or are you saying that a candidate for President and their campaign staff with photographers are "immune" from the law as described above. Or just this one?
How did they or even you know that it was an intended political in nature photo? If everyone was there to show respect at the memorial and the families wanted a photo with the past POTUS and current POTUS candidate. Sheesh....you guys are are so judgmental.....look at the two ladies.....everyone is smiles and they are throwing out "rock on" hand signs...yet you want them to be crying with heads bowed... :roll:

But MAGA at every turn with you all. Stop being so darned judgmental of others.
Two of the women in the photo are flashing hand signals. I don't know what they mean. Maybe it's a S.O.S. or some RW cult hi sign. Their smiles look forced, like a hostage photo.
Are they signaling "ok"?
Kinda looks that way with gal on left. She looks fully capable of that...Maybe other gal in light blue too?
https://www.npr.org/2019/09/26/76472816 ... ol-of-hate

nah, probably just awkward...
I already told what the hand signals were....they are the "Rock On". :roll:

Just more judging by you, and this time full blown judging....b/c by the way they look?, Really? Sheesh, you have really shown your cards today. :lol:
Looks like our hero MD has some misogynistic tendencies running through his veins. ;) Imagine judging a woman by her appearance!!
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Absolutely disgraceful.

Cameras are always in Arlington Cemetery. I attend have attended Wreaths Across America many times, it is riddled with cameras and families taking photos, Navy MLAX, John TIllman among a few post pictures there all the time.

It's complicated. B/c the rule is not Zero Photographs, and b/c one could consider this photo op NOT political, it would be okay.

"Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign. Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants. We can confirm there was an incident, and a report was filed," the statement read.

Or are you saying that a candidate for President and their campaign staff with photographers are "immune" from the law as described above. Or just this one?
How did they or even you know that it was an intended political in nature photo? If everyone was there to show respect at the memorial and the families wanted a photo with the past POTUS and current POTUS candidate. Sheesh....you guys are are so judgmental.....look at the two ladies.....everyone is smiles and they are throwing out "rock on" hand signs...yet you want them to be crying with heads bowed... :roll:

Two of the women in the photo are flashing hand signals. I don't know what they mean. Maybe it's a S.O.S. or some RW cult hi sign. Their smiles look forced, like a hostage photo.
Are they signaling "ok"?
Kinda looks that way with gal on left. She looks fully capable of that...Maybe other gal in light blue too?

Just more judging by you, and this time full blown judging....b/c by the way they look?, Really? Sheesh, you have really shown your cards today. :lol:
Hah, just responding to Salty’s lame attempt at mocking.

Does it concern you at all that what happened was against the law and they were so informed?
Are you claiming they are immune from the law?

Does it bother you at all that they are using such photos in the campaign ?

How about all the other families in that section?
How about the family of the other soldier’s gravesite?
Does it matter that they object?

Why are you afraid to answer such direct questions?

Perhaps it’s you your Trumpy kin on here who are showing their cards.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Family of Green Beret interred adjacent to the marine in this situation weighs in

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/28/us/p ... etery.html

"Trump Videos at Arlington Stir More Fallout After Gravesite Visit

The family of a Green Beret buried there expressed concern about videos and photos taken by his grave. And a cemetery employee declined to press charges after an altercation with the Trump team, fearing retribution.

The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving eight combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump’s campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn’t allowed.

Relatives of Master Sgt. Andrew Marckesano issued their statement two days after Mr. Trump’s visit, which also included a confrontation between members of the Trump campaign and an Arlington employee. The former president’s campaign took video in a heavily restricted section of the cemetery known as Section 60, which is largely reserved for the fallen veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

A woman who works at the cemetery filed an incident report with the military authorities over the altercation. But the official, who has not been identified, later declined to press charges. Military officials said she feared Mr. Trump’s supporters pursuing retaliation."

There is no defending Fatso's campaign for this indecent stunt. :oops:
JDouchebag Vance, too for using it in a similar fashion.

Doubledouchebag ticket. What a bargain - two douchebags for only one vote. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:53 am Family of Green Beret interred adjacent to the marine in this situation weighs in

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/28/us/p ... etery.html

"Trump Videos at Arlington Stir More Fallout After Gravesite Visit

The family of a Green Beret buried there expressed concern about videos and photos taken by his grave. And a cemetery employee declined to press charges after an altercation with the Trump team, fearing retribution.

The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving eight combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump’s campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn’t allowed.

Relatives of Master Sgt. Andrew Marckesano issued their statement two days after Mr. Trump’s visit, which also included a confrontation between members of the Trump campaign and an Arlington employee. The former president’s campaign took video in a heavily restricted section of the cemetery known as Section 60, which is largely reserved for the fallen veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

A woman who works at the cemetery filed an incident report with the military authorities over the altercation. But the official, who has not been identified, later declined to press charges. Military officials said she feared Mr. Trump’s supporters pursuing retaliation."

There is no defending Fatso's campaign for this indecent stunt. :oops:
JDouchebag Vance, too for using it in a similar fashion.

Doubledouchebag ticket. What a bargain - two douchebags for only one vote. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old Salt, C&S and YA believe the Green Beret’s family doesn’t matter…Like the Trump Tee Shirt that the kid in town was wearing says “Trump 2024 - Fkuc Your Feelings”…. They stand with that guy.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

From the Times article:

In a statement from Sergeant Marckesano’s relatives after being contacted by The New York Times, his sister, Michele, said, “We fully support Staff Sergeant Darin Hoover’s family and the other families in their quest for answers and accountability regarding the Afghanistan withdrawal and the tragedy at Abbey Gate.”

“However,” she added, “according to our conversation with Arlington National Cemetery, the Trump campaign staffers did not adhere to the rules that were set in place for this visit to Staff Sergeant Hoover’s gravesite in Section 60, which lays directly next to my brother’s grave.”

Sergeant Marckesano’s sister continued, “We hope that those visiting this sacred site understand that these were real people who sacrificed for our freedom and that they are honored and respected accordingly.”

Apologists, carry on.

Postscript from Vance:

Vance: “You’re acting like Donald Trump filmed a TV commercial at a gravesite. He was there providing emotional support to brave Americans who lost loved ones and there happened to be a camera there.”

He was filming a TV commercial at a gravesite.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:53 am The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving eight combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump’s campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn’t allowed.
Are we sure they were combat tours?
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:22 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:53 am The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving eight combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump’s campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn’t allowed.
Are we sure they were combat tours?
That guy died by suicide….why is he even buried there?
“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

This is how a candidate tries to win over "undecided" voters?

"Donald Trump amplified a vulgar joke about Vice President Kamala Harris performing a sex act. He falsely accused her of a staging a coup to secure the Democratic nomination and faulted her without evidence for a security lapse that enabled a rogue gunman to try to assassinate him. He shared a manipulated online image of Bill Gates in an orange jumpsuit and a call for Barack Obama to face a “military tribunal.” He promoted explicit tributes to the QAnon conspiracy theory. He hawked digital trading cards in an online infomercial along with pieces of his debate night suit. (“People are calling it the knockout suit.”) His campaign feuded publicly with Arlington National Cemetery over their visit.

And that was just in the span of 24 hours."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/election ... rris-suit/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

3% GDP growth last quarter, nation in decline, failed state, stupid country.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:50 am 3% GDP growth last quarter, nation in decline, failed state, stupid country.

The American carnage stops now!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:44 am

Absolutely disgraceful.

Are they signaling "ok"?

#QFP

Looks like our hero MD has some misogynistic tendencies running through his veins. ;) Imagine judging a woman by her appearance!!
Yep....and not one of his comrades around here called him on it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:50 am 3% GDP growth last quarter, nation in decline, failed state, stupid country.

The envy of the industrialized world.

Return to “POLITICS”