The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:23 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:13 pm Dead service members as props.
Using Arlington and dead service members for political photo ops and props. While smiling and giving a thumbs up.

Trump campaign staff had altercation with official at Arlington National Cemetery

"A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members would be authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source."

Absolutely disgraceful.

Some of his vet sympathizers here will make excuses for this crass and bad behavior, too
:oops:
By some your not including me. What I don't know is if he was invited to the grave by the family. If that is the case then the dynamics have changed. If it was Joe Biden invited by family members would the sentiments be the same?? Of course if it wasn't for Joe Bidens stupidity this gathering probably would never have happened in the first place. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

He was "invited." Whether he reached out to the families for the opportunity is, as yet, unknown. But the point -- repeat, the point -- is that this section of Robert E. Lee's old homestead is literally and figuratively sacred, no content creation or photo ops or political advertisements allowed. If your loved one is interred there, your permission is irrelevant. Trump needed a photo op. Trump with [upside down] Bible; Trump with cloying clergy; Trump with graves of fallen warriors. I'm sure YA and others are ruminating on the deep mean of this sort of "leadership."
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:04 pm
Using Arlington and dead service members for political photo ops and props. While smiling and giving a thumbs up.

Trump campaign staff had altercation with official at Arlington National Cemetery

"A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members would be authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.

When the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump campaign staff from entering Section 60, campaign staff verbally abused and pushed the official aside, according to the source."

Absolutely disgraceful.

Some of his vet sympathizers here will make excuses for this crass and bad behavior, too
By some your not including me. What I don't know is if he was invited to the grave by the family. If that is the case then the dynamics have changed. If it was Joe Biden invited by family members would the sentiments be the same?? Of course if it wasn't for Joe Bidens stupidity this gathering probably would never have happened in the first place. :roll:
If invited Trump? That's great.

Pretty sure they didn't "invite" the cameras. Once again: if we're going to respect those who served. and yell at those who don't "do it right"? Great.

But pick a lane. This one set of rules for R's and one set for D's has GOT to stop.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:20 pm

Absolutely disgraceful.

Pretty sure they didn't "invite" the cameras. Once again: if we're going to respect those who served. and yell at those who don't "do it right"? Great.

But pick a lane. This one set of rules for R's and one set for D's has GOT to stop.
hang on, it doesn't matter whether the family invited anybody. Cameras are forbidden by law in that area. Period. The family doesn't own that right, couldn't grant it to anyone no matter how partisan their sentiments.

What's interesting to me is that the Trump people felt entitled anyway...and guys like Youth are on here complaining that Biden and Harris weren't there for a photo op too...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Absolutely disgraceful.

I'm not disagreeing with your premise. If trump was invited do you think it wasn't going to be turned into a photo op? Politics takes priority over decorum my man. The circumstances why this young marine wound up in Arlington National Cemetery is being overlooked. Why didn't Joe Biden show his respect??
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Absolutely disgraceful.

hang on, it doesn't matter whether the family invited anybody. Cameras are forbidden by law in that area. Period. The family doesn't own that right, couldn't grant it to anyone no matter how partisan their sentiments.

What's interesting to me is that the Trump people felt entitled anyway...and guys like Youth are on here complaining that Biden and Harris weren't there for a photo op too...
Why would YI expect Joe to show up. Joe doesn’t know where he is or what day it is according to him so why would he expect Joe to know that soldier is dead?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:21 pm Why didn't Joe Biden show his respect??
Well, if you're asking me? The presence of cameras means that this had NOTHING to do with respect. Do it without cameras.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:28 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:21 pm Why didn't Joe Biden show his respect??
Well, if you're asking me? The presence of cameras means that this had NOTHING to do with respect. Do it without cameras.
Biden was at Arlington on Memorial Day. Trump was in Section 60 on Trump Day. But the point, which C&S insists on missing, is that Trump used these graves and these honored dead as something to shore up his campaign. But you know, Tim Walz's 24 years weren't enough. Can we call this what it is?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Absolutely disgraceful.

Cameras are always in Arlington Cemetery. I attend have attended Wreaths Across America many times, it is riddled with cameras and families taking photos, Navy MLAX, John TIllman among a few post pictures there all the time.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:28 pm
If it ain’t on TV or Social Media it didn’t happen or doesn’t mean as much.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:27 pm Why would YI expect Joe to show up. Joe doesn’t know where he is or what day it is according to him so why would he expect Joe to know that soldier is dead?
I assume this was towards me. Why, b/c he is the commander in chief. Doesn't matter if he has no idea why he is there, as afan notes....its not about who is there or the photo-op, its WHY they are there.....Time and Support.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Absolutely disgraceful.

Cameras are always in Arlington Cemetery. I attend have attended Wreaths Across America many times, it is riddled with cameras and families taking photos, Navy MLAX, John TIllman among a few post pictures there all the time.
But not Section 60. By law.

Or are you disputing that?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:27 pm Why would YI expect Joe to show up. Joe doesn’t know where he is or what day it is according to him so why would he expect Joe to know that soldier is dead?
I assume this was towards me. Why, b/c he is the commander in chief. Doesn't matter if he has no idea why he is there, as afan notes....its not about who is there or the photo-op, its WHY they are there.....Time and Support.
Are you saying a sitting President should show up every time someone is buried there? Each time? Really?
Has ANY President done so???

Memorial Day is not more appropriate?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Absolutely disgraceful.

But not Section 60. By law.

Or are you disputing that?
It's complicated. B/c the rule is not Zero Photographs, and b/c one could consider this photo op NOT political, it would be okay.

"Federal law prohibits political campaign or election-related activities within Army National Military Cemeteries, to include photographers, content creators or any other persons attending for purposes, or in direct support of a partisan political candidate's campaign. Arlington National Cemetery reinforced and widely shared this law and its prohibitions with all participants. We can confirm there was an incident, and a report was filed," the statement read.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:51 pm
Are you saying a sitting President should show up every time someone is buried there? Each time? Really?
Has ANY President done so???

Memorial Day is not more appropriate?
You can have your wrong opinion if you'd like. ;)
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Absolutely disgraceful.

If invited I'm sure Biden and Harris would have been there in a heartbeat. Then again I'm sure both would be persona non grata as far as the young Marines family is concerned. I wonder why that is? 🤔 No doubt trump broke protocol at Arlington. If the young Marines family was okay with it what's the big deal. Presidents and other dignitaries show up at Dover to get their photo ops with those flag draped coffins returning home. Is that any less disrespectful or tacky and insensitive? :roll: Or is that different in some way? The intention was to pay respect to the marine and her family. I think the Marines family was grateful for the gesture even if it was political in nature.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Uncle Joe met the remains at Dover upon their arrival from Afghanistan. The families approved of media coverage not the CinC. They have the final word on that.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/29/politics ... index.html

He was at Arlington on Memorial Day.

The problem isn't with the cameras - it's the use of the pictures for obvious campaign purposed that fueled objections
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 4:01 pm
Uncle Joe met the remains at Dover upon their arrival from Afghanistan. The families approved of media coverage not the CinC. They have the final word on that.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/29/politics ... index.html

He was at Arlington on Memorial Day.

The problem isn't with the cameras - it's the use of the pictures for obvious campaign purposed that fueled objections

YA, C&S, OS and people like them don’t mind it at all. This guy has it all wrong.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

😂😂😂😂
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”