~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: ~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:29 pm "We have to reimagine it for people that look and love like us at the center" Sounds like a great reason to throw the Bill of Rights in teh trash....fu(k the founders. It's my way!!! Quote was form C-SPAN and Kelley Robinson.

And we are are somehow concerned Trump wants to change America?....yet Team Harris does not? :roll:

Guess who also has been opining this Marxist philosophy...Grace Lee Boggs and Angela Davis

Worth a listen....I love this type of vision, but to imply we need to blow the whole thing up is just insanity, Davis is a self-proclaimed Marxist: https://www.pbs.org/video/pov-american- ... -berkeley/

Kelley Robinson, who spoke at the DNC, sounds much like Davis. And ironically, both Davis (black) and Boggs (Chinese) have done extremely well for themselves.
You're pulling a conversation from 2012 between radicals at Berkley..... and claiming that's what Kamala will do? How did you make that leap?
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:29 pm This certainly sets up a vision of where Harris wants to go, as opposed to Trump's vision which has been noted earlier and recently by RFK here --> https://x.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/18 ... 9141518835
That's great....the problem is? He's LYING, and Trump's policies (how many more times do I have to explain this) did the OPPOSITE of helping the working class...and ACCELERATED the gap between rich and poor.

Trump SHOVELED money to the very coastal libs MAGA despises so much, YA. He had plenty of time to help the working class. He couldn't even pass a freaking infrastructure bill...BADLY needed in flyover America.

Trump showed his cards, YA. And it was more about lining the .01% pockets...which is EXACTLY what happened. The ONE major bill he passed? Massive tax breaks for the ownership class. That's his worldview, and the worldview of your former R party.

And he's already told us he's going to cut taxes for Corporations and the wealthy.

Sooooooo.....what the F is Kennedy on about here?
Because Kelly Robinson’s words are almost identical to the two Marxist’s from 2012.

I understood your point on Trump the first 100x you’ve said that. Lining the 1%er pockets is NEVER going away, complaining about it is NEVER going to change it in our lifetime. I’d argue if you ask a middle class person now or 6 six years ago, where were they doing better, 9/10 would say 6 years ago…..it’s really that simple AT THIS TIME.

RFK was brought in to this b/c he has aligned with Trump and provides a meaning of MAGA that is far more accurate than that of many here and others who believe it’s some slang term for everything negative.

I believe I’ve presented the juxtaposition on vision between both sides running, and they are clearly on opposing ends of the spectrum.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:07 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:14 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:47 pm You hear one talking point & then repeat it, like you have any idea what really goes on inside. Waste & inefficiency is at the top. much of it in the politically influenced acquisition process. DoD is so huge, nobody can get their arms around it. Down the line, we're given a strict budget that we have to manage within, ...or we're replaced.
It's not a talking point. It's the truth. The Navy hasn't passed an audit....ever.

The U.S. Marine Corps passed a full financial audit for the first time, with the service announcing Friday its fiscal 2023 financial audit received an “unmodified audit opinion” after a rigorous two-year review.

The milestone — something the Defense Department and the other armed services still have not achieved — comes after almost two decades of trying to prepare the Corps’ records and several failed audits along the way.

Do you have a excuse for why the Marines did it (only once, but it's a start)....and the Navy couldn't?

https://www.defensenews.com/global/the- ... ry-branch/

Edit to add: if it's NOT the Navy's problem...and it's procurement? Your Navy brass are MORONS for not separating the "sailors" audit from the procurement side. Because it makes is sound like you can't count boats and depth charges. And if you're telling me it's clean until DC?

Wise up, and do what the Marines did. Not my fault you guys can't get your story out there when you have Navy brass who's JOB is to get the word out on various subjects.
:roll: ...you do realize that the USMC is a component of the Dept of the Navy ?
This is like watching a chimp play with a hand grenade.
:lol: Yes. Question, my simian friend: is the USMC the same thing as the US Navy?

Or are you going to claim stolen valor and tell us you were a Marine?

This makes it WORSE, my brilliant friend. What you're bragging about here is that one part of your Navy can add and subtract...and the party YOU were an officer in....couldn't. Don't they tell jokes about how stupid the marines are?

How does this help your case? You're telling the forum that the Marines are better at math and accounting then the Navy is, and acting like this is a good thing. You lost me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:37 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:29 pm "We have to reimagine it for people that look and love like us at the center" Sounds like a great reason to throw the Bill of Rights in teh trash....fu(k the founders. It's my way!!! Quote was form C-SPAN and Kelley Robinson.

And we are are somehow concerned Trump wants to change America?....yet Team Harris does not? :roll:

Guess who also has been opining this Marxist philosophy...Grace Lee Boggs and Angela Davis

Worth a listen....I love this type of vision, but to imply we need to blow the whole thing up is just insanity, Davis is a self-proclaimed Marxist: https://www.pbs.org/video/pov-american- ... -berkeley/

Kelley Robinson, who spoke at the DNC, sounds much like Davis. And ironically, both Davis (black) and Boggs (Chinese) have done extremely well for themselves.
You're pulling a conversation from 2012 between radicals at Berkley..... and claiming that's what Kamala will do? How did you make that leap?
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:29 pm This certainly sets up a vision of where Harris wants to go, as opposed to Trump's vision which has been noted earlier and recently by RFK here --> https://x.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/18 ... 9141518835
That's great....the problem is? He's LYING, and Trump's policies (how many more times do I have to explain this) did the OPPOSITE of helping the working class...and ACCELERATED the gap between rich and poor.

Trump SHOVELED money to the very coastal libs MAGA despises so much, YA. He had plenty of time to help the working class. He couldn't even pass a freaking infrastructure bill...BADLY needed in flyover America.

Trump showed his cards, YA. And it was more about lining the .01% pockets...which is EXACTLY what happened. The ONE major bill he passed? Massive tax breaks for the ownership class. That's his worldview, and the worldview of your former R party.

And he's already told us he's going to cut taxes for Corporations and the wealthy.

Sooooooo.....what the F is Kennedy on about here?
Because Kelly Robinson’s words are almost identical to the two Marxist’s from 2012.
Great. What does this have to do with Harris? Help a brother out.
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:37 pm I understood your point on Trump the first 100x you’ve said that. Lining the 1%er pockets is NEVER going away, complaining about it is NEVER going to change it in our lifetime. I’d argue if you ask a middle class person now or 6 six years ago, where were they doing better, 9/10 would say 6 years ago…..it’s really that simple AT THIS TIME.
Has NOTHING to do with who was in power. Has to do with Covid, and pumping a TRILLION in borrowed money through the economy. OF COURSE people were doing better when that happened.
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:37 pm RFK was brought in to this b/c he has aligned with Trump and provides a meaning of MAGA that is far more accurate than that of many here and others who believe it’s some slang term for everything negative.
It's accurate in terms what Trump fans are ASKING.

It's the polar opposite of what Trump GAVE THEM. They're confusing Emergency Covid handouts with economic policy.
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:37 pm I believe I’ve presented the juxtaposition on vision between both sides running, and they are clearly on opposing ends of the spectrum.
Yes. If you believe what they are selling....Trump wants to give more massive tax cuts to the rich, and Kamala wants to tax them more.

One will lead to more inflation, and recklessly make payments on interest eclipse our military spending.

Trump's policies means that we are now spending more money on interest payments than we are on educating our freaking children. That's how far gone the Republican party is. Reagan, Bush....my grandfather and ANY self-respecting Conservative would NEVER allow this.

And yet Trump is promising to make our debt even larger. So sure, there's a difference.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:08 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 4:47 pm You hear one talking point & then repeat it, like you have any idea what really goes on inside. Waste & inefficiency is at the top. much of it in the politically influenced acquisition process. DoD is so huge, nobody can get their arms around it. Down the line, we're given a strict budget that we have to manage within, ...or we're replaced.
It's not a talking point. It's the truth. The Navy hasn't passed an audit....ever.

The U.S. Marine Corps passed a full financial audit for the first time, with the service announcing Friday its fiscal 2023 financial audit received an “unmodified audit opinion” after a rigorous two-year review.

The milestone — something the Defense Department and the other armed services still have not achieved — comes after almost two decades of trying to prepare the Corps’ records and several failed audits along the way.

Do you have a excuse for why the Marines did it (only once, but it's a start)....and the Navy couldn't?

Edit to add: if it's NOT the Navy's problem...and it's procurement? Your Navy brass are MORONS for not separating the "sailors" audit from the procurement side. Because it makes is sound like you can't count boats and depth charges. And if you're telling me it's clean until DC?

Wise up, and do what the Marines did. Not my fault you guys can't get your story out there when you have Navy brass who's JOB is to get the word out on various subjects.
:lol: Yes. Question, my simian friend: is the USMC the same thing as the US Navy?

This makes it WORSE, my brilliant friend. What you're bragging about here is that one part of your Navy can add and subtract...and the party YOU were an officer in....couldn't. Don't they tell jokes about how stupid the marines are?

How does this help your case? You're telling the forum that the Marines are better at math and accounting then the Navy is, and acting like this is a good thing. You lost me.
You're the one telling jokes at the expense of the Marines, not me. The USMC is much smaller & less dispersed than the other services, which makes accounting for inventory less of a challenge. Your snark just amplifies your stupidity. Stick with things you know something about.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:05 am

You're the one telling jokes at the expense of the Marines, not me. The USMC is much smaller & less dispersed than the other services, which makes accounting for inventory less of a challenge. Your snark just amplifies your stupidity. Stick with things you know something about.
Oh please. Your Navy can't handle the same accounting that Fortune 500 firms do every freaking quarter?

It's AWESOME that you're defending this. Keep it up. All you have to do is dock every Admiral's salary every time they fail an annual audit. Hold them as accountable as YOU were as a lower rank.......problem will get solved overnight.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kamala trying a new strategy.....do whatever Trump did, interesting strategy. ....this should maybe everyone here cringe that chastised Trump for the Wall. Is Kamala, now, also, Un-American? :lol: ;)

~ Now Wants the border wall.
Now - https://www.axios.com/2024/08/27/kamala ... order-wall
Then - https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1828430747578794104
Then - https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1828453900221063538 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Pharma - https://x.com/mazemoore/status/1828170290632761623
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kamala trying a new strategy.....do whatever Trump did, interesting strategy. ....this should maybe everyone here cringe that chastised Trump for the Wall. Is Kamala, now, also, Un-American? :lol: ;)

Actually she pushed for reform a long time ago that would have provided financing for extra border security:

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/02/unrav ... tion-bill/

But the bill "faced significant opposition from former President Donald Trump and other Republican leaders.''

"The $118 billion bill, called the Emergency National Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, sought significant changes in border policy. It included money to build more border barriers, to greatly expand detention facilities, and to hire more Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol agents, asylum officers and immigration judges to reduce the years-long backlog in cases to determine asylum eligibility. It sought to expedite the asylum process, essentially ending — in most cases — the so-called “catch and release” policy whereby migrants are released into the U.S. pending asylum hearings. And it would have increased the standard of evidence needed to win asylum status.''

Thus, while the GOPukes have repeated lied about Biden & Harris on the immigration/wall issue, it was they the GOPiss who refused to pass the bill.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
LaxDog

Post by LaxDog »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:53 am

Oh please. Your Navy can't handle the same accounting that Fortune 500 firms do every freaking quarter?

It's AWESOME that you're defending this. Keep it up. All you have to do is dock every Admiral's salary every time they fail an annual audit. Hold them as accountable as YOU were as a lower rank.......problem will get solved overnight.
Inventory retrieval is probably not a priority. The CiC left billions worth of equipment in Afghanistan. That set the Military's tone pretty clearly when it comes to their stance on equipment retrieval.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:42 pm

Actually she pushed for reform a long time ago that would have provided financing for extra border security:

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/02/unrav ... tion-bill/

But the bill "faced significant opposition from former President Donald Trump and other Republican leaders.''

"The $118 billion bill, called the Emergency National Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, sought significant changes in border policy. It included money to build more border barriers, to greatly expand detention facilities, and to hire more Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol agents, asylum officers and immigration judges to reduce the years-long backlog in cases to determine asylum eligibility. It sought to expedite the asylum process, essentially ending — in most cases — the so-called “catch and release” policy whereby migrants are released into the U.S. pending asylum hearings. And it would have increased the standard of evidence needed to win asylum status.''

Thus, while the GOPukes have repeated lied about Biden & Harris on the immigration/wall issue, it was they the GOPiss who refused to pass the bill.
You clearly did not watch the links, and conveniently left them off the cite. She is no different then Trump...maybe worse for flip flopping so blatantly after calling out Trump. This has Zero to do with a bill, and everything to do with HER STANCE.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

LaxDog wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Inventory retrieval is probably not a priority. The CiC left billions worth of equipment in Afghanistan. That set the Military's tone pretty clearly when it comes to their stance on equipment retrieval.
Right. It's Joe Biden's fault that the military can't pass an audit. Good point.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:19 pm
You clearly did not watch the links, and conveniently left them off the cite. She is no different then Trump...maybe worse for flip flopping so blatantly after calling out Trump. This has Zero to do with a bill, and everything to do with HER STANCE.

She never was the "border czar" which the right wing delusionals say. Instead, she addressed the - the "root causes" - why people were migrating in such vast numbers from Central America. This going all the way back to Feb 2021. By contrast tRump did no such thing. Nor did he ever build his wall or force Mexico to pay for building anything. At least she took steps to stop the blood flow into our borders. tRump did nothing. So who's the hypocrite? It's your hero the Dumpster.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:19 pm

She never was the "border czar" which the right wing delusionals say. Instead, she addressed the - the "root causes" - why people were migrating in such vast numbers from Central America. This going all the way back to Feb 2021. By contrast tRump did no such thing. Nor did he ever build his wall or force Mexico to pay for building anything. At least she took steps to stop the blood flow into our borders. tRump did nothing. So who's the hypocrite? It's your hero the Dumpster.
As suspected you didn’t see cite I posted, with the dozens of her Tweets scoping and badgering Trumps administration for horrible things surrounding the wall.

It’s okay to admit she flip-flopped, you’ll still get your pie for breakfast. 😢
~Livy

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:42 pm ...Thus, while the GOP...
Be careful of trolling.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

LaxDog wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Retrieval? I’m more interested in inspection and acceptance of contract deliverables.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

All these tears from the right wingers for now. Imagine what will happen if Harris wins in November. The s.h.i.t storm of tears will create a flood that will be worse than in the days of Noah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Harris Is Smart to Say She’d Tap a Republican for Her Cabinet
Trump, his cronies, and his party of invertebrate suckups launched an era of political violence and threats, along with an “I really don’t care. Do u?” attitude toward blue states.

It almost goes without saying, but Trump did not include any Democrats in his cabinet.

All of this was especially infuriating coming after President Barack Obama’s notable efforts to reach across the aisle. He started by nominating an unprecedented three Republicans to his cabinet. One, Defense Secretary Robert Gates, was a holdover. Another, Commerce Secretary-designate Judd Gregg, then a New Hampshire senator, withdrew after nine days.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, the third Republican, did try to function as an envoy on some projects. Yet GOP obstruction during the Obama years was massive and historic, and not just on Garland’s Supreme Court nomination. Republicans were a wall of opposition to the Affordable Care Act, despite extensive negotiations and the conservative pillars of the law—private insurance and personal responsibility. The GOP-run House later killed an ambitious, bipartisan Senate immigration reform bill.

Republicans were waiting for their big chance to prevail in what they and most of their base see as a zero-sum political game: the next GOP president. But that didn’t work out as planned. Trump’s repeated promises to repeal and replace the ACA, fix the immigration system and build, build, build—as befits a boastful developer—devolved into failure, racism, and, in the case of his fruitless “infrastructure weeks,” into farce.

Biden, taking over amid Trump’s hostility, lies and sabotage, did not put a Republican in his cabinet. And it didn’t matter. He signed many bipartisan laws addressing problems you’d think both parties would want to solve. There were bipartisan bills to upgrade infrastructure, strengthen the U.S. Postal Service, repair the antiquated Electoral Count Act, support Ukraine after Russia’s invasion, and take on China by jumpstarting semiconductor chip production at home. There was also this year’s ambitious bipartisan border bill that Trump told his congressional minions to tank in order to boost his own White House odds. Biden would have signed it, and Harris says she would, too.
Things almost certainly HAVE changed alright...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:45 pm Kamala trying a new strategy.....do whatever Trump did, interesting strategy. ....this should maybe everyone here cringe that chastised Trump for the Wall. Is Kamala, now, also, Un-American? :lol: ;)

I followed your discussion subsequent to this post.

So, supporting a compromise bill that was negotiated with one of the Senate's most conservative Senators is a "flip-flop"???

It's a compromise. That doesn't mean you approve of all elements in isolation, it means that you're willing to compromise to achieve a more important objective.

Did Harris ever say she wanted to build a lot of physical wall, that was the best use of government resources? No.
She's supporting a bill that includes numerous elements.

But she's willing to do what it takes to achieve what she really thinks will help better control border crossings, more rapid adjudication of asylum claims. And she wants more and better technology to reduce the scourge of fentanyl crossing.

Bipartisan compromise should be applauded, not called a flip flop.

And killing a bipartisan compromise because you want a campaign issue should be condemned.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:35 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:45 pm Kamala trying a new strategy.....do whatever Trump did, interesting strategy. ....this should maybe everyone here cringe that chastised Trump for the Wall. Is Kamala, now, also, Un-American? :lol: ;)

So, supporting a compromise bill that was negotiated with one of the Senate's most conservative Senators is a "flip-flop"???

It's a compromise. That doesn't mean you approve of all elements in isolation, it means that you're willing to compromise to achieve a more important objective.

Did Harris ever say she wanted to build a lot of physical wall, that was the best use of government resources? No.

But she's willing to do what it takes to achieve what she really thinks will help better control border crossings, more rapid adjudication of asylum claims. And she wants more and better technology to reduce the scourge of fentanyl crossing.

And killing a bipartisan compromise because you want a campaign issue should be condemned.
He and they think it's an us vs. them thing. For a long time now, if there's a position taken by Dems? The R's generally take the opposite position, or ridicule those ideas. And if there's any criticism of R ideas, then they think D's are taking the exact opposite position.

Compromise is a 4-letter word among MAGA and a lot of neo-cons before that, especially since Obama took office. Of course a lot of this division, if not most of it, has been media driven over the past 4 decades.

So a Democrat compromising and adopting some common sense stances that a majority of R's (and potentially a majority of all voter) support is now a "flip flop" or "stealing" rather than governing and listening to your constituents.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:26 pm

He and they think it's an us vs. them thing. For a long time now, if there's a position taken by Dems? The R's generally take the opposite position, or ridicule those ideas. And if there's any criticism of R ideas, then they think D's are taking the exact opposite position.

Compromise is a 4-letter word among MAGA and a lot of neo-cons before that, especially since Obama took office. Of course a lot of this division, if not most of it, has been media driven over the past 4 decades.

So a Democrat compromising and adopting some common sense stances that a majority of R's (and potentially a majority of all voter) support is now a "flip flop" or "stealing" rather than governing and listening to your constituents.
Walk it back any way you two want....'compromise' is a crock of chit, to justify her stance. She dug her heels in back then to be polarizing vs trump, now she knows she needs to soften voters. Had they simply left everything in place when Trump left, there'd be damn near no reason for that stupid spending bill in the first place. All congress wants to do is find a place throw cash, when enforcing current laws would suffice rather well.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:26 pm

Between the extreme push of regulatory fiat combined with breaking down standard processes to create law or establish budgets the last 25yrs makes compromise less relevant sadly. It was necessary to do things which all pols want is high velocity activity to lob at their voters. Now they can be high elderly and run to their wings at the same time.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”