media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: media matters

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:26 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:49 am The guy wanted a public square:

https://www.threads.net/@national_stori ... Myd3krB4tw
He wants to own the square, not make it public.
He is denying King his first amendment right.
Not true. That's just fake news/attempt at satire.
Stephen King is still on X. I follow him. His account is active and he was posting just yesterday.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:09 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:26 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:49 am The guy wanted a public square:

https://www.threads.net/@national_stori ... Myd3krB4tw
He wants to own the square, not make it public.
He is denying King his first amendment right.
Not true. That's just fake news/attempt at satire.
Stephen King is still on X. I follow him. His account is active and he was posting just yesterday.
Some guy said it on the internet
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:13 pm We're not afraid of social media posts here on the forum. It's when people post blatantly false information from Twitter or other sources, it clutters up the forum and doesn't promote to any discussion. We're able to fact check them and show they're false or deliberately manipulated stories, but there's virtually never a 'mea culpa' from the poster(s). Who knows if they actually believe the fake stuff that's posted, or they're just doing it to stir the pot.
Indeed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:26 am Did we ask for it or was it crammed down our throat?
Asked for it. Rush Limbaugh and FoxNews have been caught over and over and over for lying to listeners to get ratings.

No one cared. No one held Fox accountable.

Or are you telling me that you haven't noticed that Fox is NEVER mentioned when the usual complainers complain about how media is bad?

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:26 am I thought we held journalism to a neutral standard...
We absolutely don't. See above. We DEMAND that they tell us what we want to hear. And if they don't? We go looking for sources that "coincidentally" mesh perfectly with our world views.

My in laws watch Maddow and co. every night. While Maddow doesn't intentionally lie the way Fox does, it's not exactly helpful that she's moved from being neutral before Trump.....to non-stop "Trump is bad" during and after Trump. It was beyond disappointing to watch a brilliant woman get sucked in by the little D.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:22 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:26 am Did we ask for it or was it crammed down our throat?
Asked for it. Rush Limbaugh and FoxNews have been caught over and over and over for lying to listeners to get ratings.

No one cared. No one held Fox accountable.

Or are you telling me that you haven't noticed that Fox is NEVER mentioned when the usual complainers complain about how media is bad?

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:26 am I thought we held journalism to a neutral standard...
We absolutely don't. See above. We DEMAND that they tell us what we want to hear. And if they don't? We go looking for sources that "coincidentally" mesh perfectly with our world views.

My in laws watch Maddow and co. every night. While Maddow doesn't intentionally lie the way Fox does, it's not exactly helpful that she's moved from being neutral before Trump.....to non-stop "Trump is bad" during and after Trump. It was beyond disappointing to watch a brilliant woman get sucked in by the little D.
Fox, by its own admission in the Dominion trial, is NOT news organization — it is an “entertainment” outlet, although I guess the entertainment value is debatable.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting graph from Gallup data:

https://x.com/davidsacks/status/1827776 ... a82I2GssRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:39 pm Interesting graph from Gallup data:

It is interesting. Because R's spread, believe and are more influenced by fake news. one source two source

"It's Easier to Fool People Than to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled" - Michael Scott.

Mass Media is dominated and owned by conservative corpos and billionaires these days. CNN is now owned by a libertarian billionaire.
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:39 pm Interesting graph from Gallup data:

What that chart doesn't tell you is: "well then who are Republicans getting information from....?"

Here's your answer in the very first comment:

My dad (70yo) and mom (68yo) grew up trusting the media and still do. After not seeing them bc of COVID for 18 months, I finally got to go see them at home. I’ll never forget walking downstairs in the morning and seeing my mom watch the ‘Today Show’ cover one of the new C-19 variants. This one was sold as “being just like the Chicken Pox.” I saw the manipulation happening in realtime. I could see my mom conjuring up the memory of when my brother and I had Chicken Pox in the mid-90’s. The flood of fear and emotion came over her as she asked me if I remember how bad it was.

My mom and dad are both smart. They both have graduate level degrees - but no one ever taught them that the media could or would lie to them.

See the problem here? This genius thinks that "they" were lying to their parents about Covid.

Know how many people died from Chicken Pox? Ok. Now how many people died from Covid?

This guy thinks Chicken pox was more dangerous than Covid. Now where would he get that idea from?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Why not admit that the main stream media DOES present with intentional bias and sometimes based on what they are told to do, gaslighting 101, Wonder who told them to change the narrative?

https://x.com/mazemoore/status/1827882940220497988
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:00 am Why not admit that the main stream media DOES present with intentional bias and sometimes based on what they are told to do, gaslighting 101, Wonder who told them to change the narrative?

Do you assume this guy is giving an honest account of Harris?

An MSNBC host has changed his pitch is a surprise? Evidence that the mainstream media is the same as Fox?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:17 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:00 am Why not admit that the main stream media DOES present with intentional bias and sometimes based on what they are told to do, gaslighting 101, Wonder who told them to change the narrative?

An MSNBC host has changed his pitch is a surprise? Evidence that the mainstream media is the same as Fox?
If you have 3 questions on the matter, just think what normal everyday media drinkers believe. Get the point....yet?
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:27 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:17 am

If you have 3 questions on the matter, just think what normal everyday media drinkers believe. Get the point....yet?
Yes, many Normal everyday media drinkers indeed are easy to fool

The issue is not them, it’s you suggesting an actual equivalency

This demand for perfection from mainstream but no rejection of proven institutional flat out lying is ridiculous
NattyBohChamps04

What's your definition of "main stream media"?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 9:34 am

What's your definition of "main stream media"?
Take a look at the Twitter site YA posted. He’s getting the “media” he wants. Media that complains and whines and grieves and conspires and misinforms. Perfect.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

😂😂😂 so the media I post with voices from both parties elected officials and media sources you all cite are now considered discounted b/c, wait for it……you don’t like what they said, so uou shoot the messenger.

Now, I get questioned about what media is, and god knows what else, while you simply push aside and ignore we are all getting mind-f’d by their BS. So much so, admitting, something as simple as what was presented doesn’t or can’t even exist in your minds….is that because it would chip your ego and the very foundation you ‘think’ you are supporting.
~Livy

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:47 am 😂😂😂 so the media I post with voices from both parties elected officials and media sources you all cite are now considered discounted b/c, wait for it……you don’t like what they said, so uou shoot the messenger.

Now, I get questioned about what media is, and god knows what else, while you simply push aside and ignore we are all getting mind-f’d by their BS. So much so, admitting, something as simple as what was presented doesn’t or can’t even exist in your minds….is that because it would chip your ego and the very foundation you ‘think’ you are supporting.
Again, no one appears to be shooting you. I only think the twitter sites you seem to visit are full of complete bullsh*t, followed by bullsh*tters, who traffic in bullsh*t. And then you dump it here.
NattyBohChamps04

My point was there is no longer "main stream media" that existed in the 90's and before.

Fox (Murdoch), CNN (Malone) TikTok (China), Facebook (Zuckerberg), and Twitter (Musk) are now the main stream media for a large swath of America. And the algorithms skew heavy to the right/rage bait for engagement.

Of course YA's clip is out of context on its own as they try to create their own narrative, and the poster even admitted it.
But you will now hear, in unison, the MSM say "KAMALA NEVER SENT PARENTS TO JAIL FOR THEIR KID'S TRUANCY." Technically true? Yes.
So they're trying to create their own narrative about the out of context clips (while accusing others of doing the same) and YA fell for it hook, line and sinker. He fell for it from his own Main Stream Media.

Harris has gone on record about the Truancy stuff many times since and her views have evolved.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

Zuckerberg in his own words in a letter today to Jim Jordan and the Congressional Judiciary Committe. X post by Musk. Replies are certainly entertaining.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1828206091248800236
https://x.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/1828201780544504064

This enough to make anyone, regardless of your political party affiliation, pause and think and ask yourself what the actual F is going on?

Might this be the Biden/Harris administration's Watergate moment?

Hunter's laptop story throttling by FB is a damning admission. Is Zuck trying to get ahead of being arrested if he lands his G7 in Paris (like Telegram guy was a few days ago)?

Not so much as a peep yet from MSM. Wonder how this buffet of wrongs Zuck admits to will get spun by the parties mentioned? At least he is saying he'll refrain from Zuckerbuck election interference, unlike in 2020.

I'm still trying to get my head around what seems like somewhat of a potential to be a pivotal shot heard round the world moment.

Have at it, gents.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:49 pm Zuckerberg in his own words in a letter today to Jim Jordan and the Congressional Judiciary Committe. X post by Musk. Replies are certainly entertaining.

This enough to make anyone, regardless of your political party affiliation, pause and think and ask yourself what the actual F is going on?
:lol: Do you think this is the first time a Presidential Administration has asked a media outlet to not run a story? Or better still....asked them to run stories that they want? Do you think Trump never asked Fox to run or not run stories?

Wake me up when something new happens.

And this isn't censorship, my man. How it works is: the man who owns the printing press does what they want. Period. Full stop. This has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

What Americans----mostly Republicans-----now believe is that outsiders get to tell Fox, NBC, Reuters, Facebook, Twitter, etc. what they MUST print.

That's not how that works. That's not how it has EVER worked. Or do I get to tell Sean Hannity what he MUST cover every night?
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:49 pm Hunter's laptop story throttling by FB is a damning admission.
No. It isn't. And we've discussed this ad nauseam as well.

Quick question: when did the NYPost story about Giuliani's claim he had Hunter's laptop first appear? October of 2020. Election just two weeks away.

Second question: when did the media, including facebook, finally have possession of Hunter's laptop to verify it was, in fact, Hunter's laptop?

When you answer that question, you'll find out why not only most media outlets refused to run it, but why NYPosts own writers REFUSED to sign their names to the piece.

Musk and others know all this...and are hoping Americas are too stupid to remember what happened and more importantly..... WHEN it happened.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:05 pm
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:49 pm Zuckerberg in his own words in a letter today to Jim Jordan and the Congressional Judiciary Committe. X post by Musk. Replies are certainly entertaining.

:lol: Do you think this is the first time a Presidential Administration has asked a media outlet to not run a story? Or better still....asked them to run stories that they want? Do you think Trump never asked Fox to run or not run stories?

Wake me up when something new happens.

And this isn't censorship, my man. How it works is: the man who owns the printing press does what they want. Period. Full stop. This has been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

What Americans----mostly Republicans-----now believe is that outsiders get to tell Fox, NBC, Reuters, Facebook, Twitter, etc. what they MUST print.

That's not how that works. That's not how it has EVER worked. Or do I get to tell Sean Hannity what he MUST cover every night?
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:49 pm Hunter's laptop story throttling by FB is a damning admission.
No. It isn't. And we've discussed this ad nauseam as well.

Quick question: when did the NYPost story about Giuliani's claim he had Hunter's laptop first appear? October of 2020. Election just two weeks away.

Second question: when did the media, including facebook, finally have possession of Hunter's laptop to verify it was, in fact, Hunter's laptop?

When you answer that question, you'll find out why not only most media outlets refused to run it, but why NYPosts own writers REFUSED to sign their names to the piece.

Musk and others know all this...and are hoping Americas are too stupid to remember what happened and more importantly..... WHEN it happened.
waffle is...or just gaslighting like Musk is doing.

Return to “POLITICS”