The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
FannOLax

Re: 2024

Post by FannOLax »

CU88a wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:10 pm Is melania alive?
Deported as an illegal immigrant?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:19 pm I really think you and OS agree, far more than comes off when reading you and him bickering. I believe OS has been removed from military structure long enough and has spent enough time in private sector doing much of the same thing you have WRT to business ventures, that it becomes challenging to separate the two spectrums when you all chat; the difference, is that he does have that military experience the provides an understanding that so many never see or experience without that immersion.
That's true regarding military experience. He sees things I don't see.

But the flip side of the coin is: he's unable to see every overseas problem as something that requires anything but a military solution/response. He can't come up with a economic or diplomatic response to anything overseas.....and this is SPECIFICALLY what Truman was talking about: if you let these people run the show, the military will become EVERYTHING in foreign policy life. And that's exactly what happened....and is still happening, over 60 years later.

And if you pay attention to our bickering, it's one sided......I have put it in writing that I agree with his points on any number of issues.

He has NEVER reciprocated. Not once. Never once said "you're right", or even "fair point". Not since we left Laxpower. What does that tell you?
:roll: ...gimme a break. I'm far less interventionist than the neocons or Biden's foreign policy.
You neglect that Trump finished off ISIS, then drew down almost all our forces from Iraq & Syria, & still took out Baghdadi & Solemani.
He drew down our forces in Afghanistan, casualties there ceased, & he left a conditions based framework for withdrawal that Biden F'd up.

I've talked about diplomacy & sanctions a lot. I've championed diplomats like McGurk & Jeffries. You have selective memory loss. We debated JCPOA.
I praised the Abraham Accords, Jerusalem embassy, Finland & Sweden into NATO & Trump forcing EU members to spend more on defense.
I don't need to tell you you're right. You spend enough time telling yourself that you're right & that I'm wrong.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:19 pm I really think you and OS agree, far more than comes off when reading you and him bickering. I believe OS has been removed from military structure long enough and has spent enough time in private sector doing much of the same thing you have WRT to business ventures, that it becomes challenging to separate the two spectrums when you all chat; the difference, is that he does have that military experience the provides an understanding that so many never see or experience without that immersion.

But the flip side of the coin is: he's unable to see every overseas problem as something that requires anything but a military solution/response. He can't come up with a economic or diplomatic response to anything overseas.....and this is SPECIFICALLY what Truman was talking about: if you let these people run the show, the military will become EVERYTHING in foreign policy life. And that's exactly what happened....and is still happening, over 60 years later.

And if you pay attention to our bickering, it's one sided......I have put it in writing that I agree with his points on any number of issues.

He has NEVER reciprocated. Not once. Never once said "you're right", or even "fair point". Not since we left Laxpower. What does that tell you?
:roll: ...gimme a break. I'm far less interventionist than the neocons or Biden's foreign policy.
You neglect that Trump finished off ISIS
He did? Great news! Shut down Homeland security, and get us the F out of Iraq and Syria!!!

What's that? Oh, right....you're LYING and not only isn't ISIS gone, you'd rather eat a bowl of glass than pull the US out of the Middle East. Well, except for Benghazi naturally. That's the ONLY place where we're supposed to leave. Well, you don't care anymore, so. "Coincidence", right?
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm ...... then drew down almost all our forces from Iraq & Syria, & still took out Baghdadi & Solemani.
We still have thousands there. And those are the ones we know about. But hey, why be accurate when we're praising Trump, right? :roll:
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm He drew down our forces in Afghanistan, casualties there ceased, & he left a conditions based framework for withdrawal that Biden F'd up.
:lol: There were MORE deaths and casualties under Trump than Biden. Please, lie to us more.

And remember that time you ripped me a new one for being upset over casualties? Telling me that when I do that, I dishonor their service?

Funny how that doesn't apply to you when you rip ol' Hillary or Biden. Suddenly, you shift from "it's part of their job" to "OMG, a solider died and it's the Democrats' fault!" :roll:

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm I've talked about diplomacy & sanctions a lot. I've championed diplomats like McGurk & Jeffries. You have selective memory loss. We debated JCPOA.
:lol: Right. I have selective memory loss.

Here's EXACTLY what you did with Biden, Trump, and Obama:

If it was a Dem? The sanctions/diplomacy was bad/wrong/stupid.

If it was Trump? The santcions/dipolomacy were either good, or you'd tell me "well, it's not his fault".

Please, tell me that's not what happened.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm I don't need to tell you you're right. You spend enough time telling yourself that you're right & that I'm wrong.
There's the charm!

That's right. Dig your heels in. He has also never admitted he was wrong (we all know that one), and has never once changed his mind based on discussion, YA.

And OS knows perfectly well, as does the entire forum that I cop to being wrong every time it happens....and it happens a lot.

But since OS's ego is bigger than the State of Texas, he projects his ego on everyone else.....so he thinks I think I'm always right. Yeah, no. Sorry you can't run for cover there, OS. There is one and only one pompous a**es posting her since DocB left the building....who is NEVER wrong, and who thinks his opinions are the same thing as facts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

FannOLax wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:18 pm
CU88a wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:10 pm Is melania alive?
Deported as an illegal immigrant?
Isn't irony just something? Vance, too, obviously. She's "taking our jobs", or so I'm told.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:16 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm

You neglect that Trump finished off ISIS
He did? Great news! Shut down Homeland security, and get us the F out of Iraq and Syria!!!

What's that? Oh, right....you're LYING and not only isn't ISIS gone, you'd rather eat a bowl of glass than pull the US out of the Middle East. Well, except for Benghazi naturally. That's the ONLY place where we're supposed to leave. Well, you don't care anymore, so. "Coincidence", right?
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm ...... then drew down almost all our forces from Iraq & Syria, & still took out Baghdadi & Solemani.
We still have thousands there. And those are the ones we know about. But hey, why be accurate when we're praising Trump, right? :roll:
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm He drew down our forces in Afghanistan, casualties there ceased, & he left a conditions based framework for withdrawal that Biden F'd up.
:lol: There were MORE deaths and casualties under Trump than Biden. Please, lie to us more.

And remember that time you ripped me a new one for being upset over casualties? Telling me that when I do that, I dishonor their service?

Funny how that doesn't apply to you when you rip ol' Hillary or Biden. Suddenly, you shift from "it's part of their job" to "OMG, a solider died and it's the Democrats' fault!" :roll:

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm I've talked about diplomacy & sanctions a lot. I've championed diplomats like McGurk & Jeffries. You have selective memory loss. We debated JCPOA.
:lol: Right. I have selective memory loss.

Here's EXACTLY what you did with Biden, Trump, and Obama:

If it was a Dem? The sanctions/diplomacy was bad/wrong/stupid.

If it was Trump? The santcions/dipolomacy were either good, or you'd tell me "well, it's not his fault".

Please, tell me that's not what happened.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:51 pm I don't need to tell you you're right. You spend enough time telling yourself that you're right & that I'm wrong.
There's the charm!

That's right. Dig your heels in. He has also never admitted he was wrong (we all know that one), and has never once changed his mind based on discussion, YA.

And OS knows perfectly well, as does the entire forum that I cop to being wrong every time it happens....and it happens a lot.

But since OS's ego is bigger than the State of Texas, he projects his ego on everyone else.....so he thinks I think I'm always right. Yeah, no. Sorry you can't run for cover there, OS. There is one and only one pompous a**es posting her since DocB left the building....who is NEVER wrong, and who thinks his opinions are the same thing as facts.
You're too stupid to see the difference between Libya, Iraq, Syria & Afghanistan.
We're keeping ISIS under their rock & in prison camps in Iraq & Syria, & they've fled to Afghanistan since we bailed outta there.
The few troops we retain in Iraq & Syria (w/negligible casualties) are holding the ME together.
If we pull out completely, it will be another fiasco like Iraq in 2011, Afghanistan in 2021, or Libya in 2012 (where we never should have been in the first place).
One size fits all, toddler logic again.
You don't want your feelings hurt. Stop talkin' sh!t.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:48 pm You're too stupid to see the difference between Libya, Iraq, Syria & Afghanistan.
We're keeping ISIS under their rock & in prison camps in Iraq & Syria, & they've fled to Afghanistan since we bailed outta there.
Wait...wait...wait:

You're telling the forum that there isn't one single Muslim extremist in Iraq, Syria, and Libya?

Or even better, do you think that they sport Champion Brand Hoodies that read: ISIS on the front, so that we know they're not there anymore?

Sweet. That's some next level military thinking there.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:48 pm The few troops we retain in Iraq & Syria (w/negligible casualties) are holding the ME together.
If we pull out completely, it will be another fiasco like Iraq in 2011, Afghanistan in 2021, or Libya in 2012 (where we never should have been in the first place).
:lol: There it is again. The Dems made all the mistakes for Old Salt.

What was that movie/book Charlie Wilson's War about, again? And remind us: who was so freaking stupid, that he thought the ONLY way we could power our cars is if (checks notes) we spent trillions and trillions of dollars to (checks notes) invade various countries in the Middle East?
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:48 pm One size fits all, toddler logic again.
Sez the guy who told us that after claiming he looks for diplomacy, that we MUST have troops all over the Middle East, or it will collapse?

Did I get that right? The military is the only way.....and not five minutes ago, you told me that you don't look for our military to solve all foreign problems?

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:48 pm You don't want your feelings hurt. Stop talkin' sh!t.
You mean: disagree, so your ego gets bruised and you lash out? I don't take ANYTHING here personally. You're the ONLY one who does that here. I'd sit down over beer and laugh at ourselves for being stubborn any time you want.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Saltines's delusional thinking about all the Orange Fatso policies he loved - how come no mention of a ballooning deficit? Total mismanagement of the pandemic. No issues with negotiating a withdrawal with the Taliban

He rails against Biden mideast policy yet proudly supports assassinating foreign leaders, abrogating agreements, not supporting Ukraine and tacitly supporting Putin - we never left the ME militarily - in fact, we have the largest naval flotilla there right now in history (his own assessment). He's just jerking everyone around.

Trolling becomes him :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The Trump-Kennedy entente occurred on the 85th anniversary of the signing of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany. So, we have that bit of symmetry going for us.

Hope you're all having a bonny weekend.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:11 am Saltines's delusional thinking about all the Orange Fatso policies he loved - how come no mention of a ballooning deficit? Total mismanagement of the pandemic. No issues with negotiating a withdrawal with the Taliban

He rails against Biden mideast policy yet proudly supports assassinating foreign leaders, abrogating agreements, not supporting Ukraine and tacitly supporting Putin - we never left the ME militarily - in fact, we have the largest naval flotilla there right now in history (his own assessment). He's just jerking everyone around.

The naval presence is transitory. We have only a small contingent of boots on the ground in Syria & Iraq.
They're propping up the Kurds & the Iraqi govt & keeping Iran from completing their Shia crescent.

Obama surged in Afghanistan, then pulled out of Iraq early (on VP Biden's advice) leaving Iraq & Syria wide open for ISIS,
after he ignited the Arab Spring, then led from behind in Libya, leaving another mess, after HRC's Benghazi fiasco.
Then Biden pulled out of Afghanistan early & gave up Bagram, anxious for a 9-11 photo op, rather than following the conditions based framework Trump left him. Trump loosened the ROE vs ISIS & the Kurds & Iraqis wiped them out with minimal US losses. He drew down our forces & eliminated US & NATO casualties in Afghanistan, until Biden botched the withdrawal. Biden's gotten us into another endless proxy war in Ukraine, giving just enough aid to not lose, yet not enough to win. He's meddling in Israel & holding back the military aid needed to finish off Hamas & beat back Hezbollah.
He's created a mess & is leaving it behind along with the propeller heads who created it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 3:48 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:11 am Saltines's delusional thinking about all the Orange Fatso policies he loved - how come no mention of a ballooning deficit? Total mismanagement of the pandemic. No issues with negotiating a withdrawal with the Taliban

The naval presence is transitory. We have only a small contingent of boots on the ground in Syria & Iraq.
They're propping up the Kurds & the Iraqi govt & keeping Iran from completing their Shia crescent.

Obama surged in Afghanistan, then pulled out of Iraq early (on VP Biden's advice) leaving Iraq & Syria wide open for ISIS,
after he ignited the Arab Spring, then led from behind in Libya, leaving another mess, after HRC's Benghazi fiasco.
Then Biden pulled out of Afghanistan early & gave up Bagram, anxious for a 9-11 photo op, rather than following the conditions based framework Trump left him. Trump loosened the ROE vs ISIS & the Kurds & Iraqis wiped them out with minimal US losses. He drew down our forces & eliminated US & NATO casualties in Afghanistan, until Biden botched the withdrawal. Biden's gotten us into another endless proxy war in Ukraine, giving just enough aid to not lose, yet not enough to win. He's meddling in Israel & holding back the military aid needed to finish off Hamas & beat back Hezbollah.
He's created a mess & is leaving it behind along with the propeller heads who created it.
Not to mention supplying Ukraine with long range ground to ground missiles and then stipulating that Ukraine can't use them to strike military targets in Russia. Biden doesn't want to pee of Putin now does he? :roll: The brilliance of Bidens decision making is nothing short of astounding. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

HR McMaster confirming the factual basis for the first Trump impeachment:

https://x.com/HeathMayo/status/1827827148758954234

Disqualifying. Forty of 44 former Trump cabinet level officials will not endorse him, including his VP, and form Chiefs of Staff, and Secretaries of Defense and State. Only the dregs and desperate hangers-on are left to populate a second Trump administration.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Bobby Junior, back in May. Note all the usual idiots taking him to task then.

https://x.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/17 ... 5594962285
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 6:41 am HR McMaster confirming the factual basis for the first Trump impeachment:

https://x.com/HeathMayo/status/1827827148758954234

Disqualifying. Forty of 44 former Trump cabinet level officials will not endorse him, including his VP, and form Chiefs of Staff, and Secretaries of Defense and State. Only the dregs and desperate hangers-on are left to populate a second Trump administration.
Deep Staters and RINOs

MAGA “patriots” are prepared to take over
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

GOP candidate for President appears to be backing out of the September 10 debate. The issue is that GOP team wants mics muted when the other person is talking; Democrat's team wants to the mics on all the time so that Americans can here it all.

Here:

https://x.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/18 ... 3624084486
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 11:00 am GOP candidate for President appears to be backing out of the September 10 debate. The issue is that GOP team wants mics muted when the other person is talking; Democrat's team wants to the mics on all the time so that Americans can here it all.

Here:

https://x.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/18 ... 3624084486
MAGA and it’s supporters favor censorship.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Mics should be muted. No brainer.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:34 pm Mics should be muted. No brainer.
It is less chaotic when Trump’s mic is muted. But his caucus here and abroad are the “public square” folks until they aren’t. Team Khanmeller probably realizes an open mic will only make him look worse and his people know also realize it.
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

The public does not need a shout fest with everybody talking over one another. Mic muting is something everybody on all sides has been asking for for a long, long time. We had it at the last debate. Worked pretty well. Let’s make it permanent. Doesn’t need to be a partisan thing.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2024 12:43 pm The public does not need a shout fest with everybody talking over one another. Mic muting is something everybody on all sides has been asking for for a long, long time. We had it at the last debate. Worked pretty well. Let’s make it permanent. Doesn’t need to be a partisan thing.
Yep.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”