The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: 2024

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:37 pm

His policy is to get personal… folks like that about him.
IN BHO first minute of this clip....
To be fair....BHO carried on 16 of the 20 year GWOT, Trump was getting our sons and daughters ready to leave. Easy to argue, Trump was fighting for our sons and daughters to come home. BHO, no so much.
Nope. Trump didn't get them out. Scoreboard.

I've said in the past, the #1 culprit for the mistake of staying in Afghanistan was Obama. That's on him. Think of the world of good he could have done for our troops to address the nation "we got OBL, mission accomplished....now we're all coming home".

Instead? Mission creep. Same as it ever was.

Until Biden was willing to do what Trump and Obama weren't willing to do: take the political hit for leaving. Now he has the last laugh.....he's leaving office, and we haven't had one single America KIA in Afghanistan because (drumroll) our troops aren't there anymore. Because: math.
Reminiscent of Carter and Regan over hostage release.

Mission Creep, or the plan all along? Keep the military industrial complex churning cash, in the name of setting up democracy in the ME. But you are right, he could have pulled the plug. I believe that’s what Trump was also attempting with the Doha agreemwnt, and that blew up in our faces.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:01 pm https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

a winning combination. YA,Old Salt, Krammer, Joe,C&S and the crew are on the team. Their kind of leaders.
Crazy how the democrats didn’t like a life long democrat, from a democratic family rich in democratic history, with democratic ties deeper than the ocean, with a democratic Vp selection….and they treated him like the plague. But they are all for peace, love, & ‘other’ billionaire families that will fall in line with them.

Same with Trump, they loved them some Trump when he was doing things for them, and pumping cash their way, until he changed party and threatened their power….

Bernie did the same thing….he was not status quo with them and Clinton’s played his rump.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Kermeler has a funny laugh! Don’t vote for her!!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Blame the black person syndrome.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:01 pm https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html

a winning combination. YA,Old Salt, Krammer, Joe,C&S and the crew are on the team. Their kind of leaders.
Correction there slick...I ain't on anybody's team. I'm an unsigned free agent. I would be on team fiscal conservative but that team was sent to the showers decades ago. Either party have a plan to put the breaks on 1 trillion in extra federal spending every 100 days ? Don't be shy out there boys and girls...what's the plan? Oh wait pardon me...there is no plan and there may never be one. DEPLORABLE!!!
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

The Unity Party. It has a nice ring to it.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

If not for double standards, the 1%ers would have none: https://x.com/TimRunsHisMouth/status/18 ... 7628703125
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:40 am If not for double standards, the 1%ers would have none: https://x.com/TimRunsHisMouth/status/18 ... 7628703125
👍 I wonder what their carbon footprint is jetting back and forth to all of those mansions? What would Greta Von Thornbird say? :D

Shut up cradle and buy an EV... Do as we say and not what we do. ;)
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:47 pm

To be fair....BHO carried on 16 of the 20 year GWOT, Trump was getting our sons and daughters ready to leave. Easy to argue, Trump was fighting for our sons and daughters to come home. BHO, no so much.

I've said in the past, the #1 culprit for the mistake of staying in Afghanistan was Obama. That's on him. Think of the world of good he could have done for our troops to address the nation "we got OBL, mission accomplished....now we're all coming home".

Until Biden was willing to do what Trump and Obama weren't willing to do: take the political hit for leaving. Now he has the last laugh.....he's leaving office, and we haven't had one single America KIA in Afghanistan because (drumroll) our troops aren't there anymore. Because: math.

Mission Creep, or the plan all along? Keep the military industrial complex churning cash, in the name of setting up democracy in the ME. But you are right, he could have pulled the plug. I believe that’s what Trump was also attempting with the Doha agreemwnt, and that blew up in our faces.
That's right! That's why I will fight Old Salt on this point until the cows come home: the military guys ALWAYS want to keep these bases, because all that they see is the military value. Any other concerns don't hit their radar screen......so they look at you like you have five heads if you don't agree with their military needs.

Which is why Biden was wise to ignore their "we always have to stay here" nonsense, and get the F out.

And how many Americans have died over there since? Zippo. Hey! How about that! The way to keep American soldiers from getting killed for no reason is to (drumroll).....get them the F out of these stupid countries.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:31 am

That's right! That's why I will fight Old Salt on this point until the cows come home: the military guys ALWAYS want to keep these bases, because all that they see is the military value. Any other concerns don't hit their radar screen......so they look at you like you have five heads if you don't agree with their military needs.

Which is why Biden was wise to ignore their "we always have to stay here" nonsense, and get the F out.

And how many Americans have died over there since? Zippo. Hey! How about that! The way to keep American soldiers from getting killed for no reason is to (drumroll).....get them the F out of these stupid countries.
You do remember all the whining and b****ing from both parties anytime a military base comes up on the chopping block. The bases in their districts are vital to the defense of the nation. Find some other base to close.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:54 am

You do remember all the whining and b****ing from both parties anytime a military base comes up on the chopping block. The bases in their districts are vital to the defense of the nation. Find some other base to close.
Yep. It's why I say that Trump's "America first" was utter BS. If he did what he claimed? It would have been ANOTHER thing I would have applauded that Trump did.

Instead? All BS. He didn't shut down anything, unless you want to credit him for the planned Afghanistan closing of forward bases. And if you want to credit him, fine. Go ahead.

750 bases all over the freaking place. NeoCon FTW....meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Trump could have gotten SO many more votes by simply doing what he said he'd do. I can name ten things he'd claim that he would do..that had he done them? He'd get my vote this time around.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... d-in-2021/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:03 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 11:54 am

Yep. It's why I say that Trump's "America first" was utter BS. If he did what he claimed? It would have been ANOTHER thing I would have applauded that Trump did.

Instead? All BS. He didn't shut down anything, unless you want to credit him for the planned Afghanistan closing of forward bases. And if you want to credit him, fine. Go ahead.

750 bases all over the freaking place. NeoCon FTW....meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Trump could have gotten SO many more votes by simply doing what he said he'd do. I can name ten things he'd claim that he would do..that had he done them? He'd get my vote this time around.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... d-in-2021/
I think it is a necessary 'evil' for lack of a better term. And as your article notes, BHO also wanted the same....guess who fugged it up, yep...Congress, b/c that military complex is a cash cow, not only for them, but so many rural and urban settings depend on it. Not to mention it provides local & global value. Taiwan would be long gone, Ukraine would have had a name change and we just learned about it all while we shrivel like balls in cold water (except me ;) )

I really think you and OS agree, far more than comes off when reading you and him bickering. I believe OS has been removed from military structure long enough and has spent enough time in private sector doing much of the same thing you have WRT to business ventures, that it becomes challenging to separate the two spectrums when you all chat; the difference, is that he does have that military experience the provides an understanding that so many never see or experience without that immersion.

Anyway....almost made out there last week had I not already had a scheduled vacation...was planning to see OAR at Red Rocks, one of these days.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:19 pm I really think you and OS agree, far more than comes off when reading you and him bickering. I believe OS has been removed from military structure long enough and has spent enough time in private sector doing much of the same thing you have WRT to business ventures, that it becomes challenging to separate the two spectrums when you all chat; the difference, is that he does have that military experience the provides an understanding that so many never see or experience without that immersion.
That's true regarding military experience. He sees things I don't see.

But the flip side of the coin is: he's unable to see every overseas problem as something that requires anything but a military solution/response. He can't come up with a economic or diplomatic response to anything overseas.....and this is SPECIFICALLY what Truman was talking about: if you let these people run the show, the military will become EVERYTHING in foreign policy life. And that's exactly what happened....and is still happening, over 60 years later.

And if you pay attention to our bickering, it's one sided......I have put it in writing that I agree with his points on any number of issues.

He has NEVER reciprocated. Not once. Never once said "you're right", or even "fair point". Not since we left Laxpower. What does that tell you?
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Is melania alive?

Return to “POLITICS”