Hobart 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2025

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:06 pm Cole Bryant's highlight films all have him at LSM or D. I think he may have played SSDM at some recruiting tourneys to show his versatility. Either way, kid looks decent.
In the 24s I don’t want any kid to feel pressure but I am super high in Sheldon broughton as a more athletic and offensively polished and bigger Sean Murphy for those who remember Murphy.

Do it all Canadian who can do some things on offense but just makes plays all over the field. Who know. I’ve been excited about the prospects of kids liek Derrek Madonna and Robert Kinslow previously among others so the range of outcomes toy forecasts is quite wide.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:06 pm Cole Bryant's highlight films all have him at LSM or D. I think he may have played SSDM at some recruiting tourneys to show his versatility. Either way, kid looks decent.
Community School of Naples kid, I talked to his HC at length last week. They upset Saint Andrew's in the FHSAA 1A semifinal and lost by a goal in the state title game to Benjamin. Keith Lee, formerly of Avon Old Farms, is building quite the program there. Their goalie, Michael Slusar, is going to be a hot commodity on Sept 1st.

The amount of Florida kids, both Boys and Girls, making impacts on D1 rosters, continues to grow.
brodad

Post by brodad »

Anybody heard anything about Fall scrimmages? Or anything on the spring schedule?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

brodad wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:56 am Anybody heard anything about Fall scrimmages? Or anything on the spring schedule?
Should be on Homecoming weekend (Oct 4-6). I'm pretty sure it was on Homecoming weekend last season. Coach Raymond said it was a "no brainer" in his September podcast. It will be interesting to see which alumni show up.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

LeeRoggy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:45 am
They upset Saint Andrew's in the FHSAA 1A semifinal and lost by a goal in the state title game to Benjamin. Keith Lee, formerly of Avon Old Farms, is building quite the program there.
The upset of St Andrews is pretty cool. I need to check out FLN.
DrTiger

Post by DrTiger »

Cole Bryant almost always plays LSM/D, but he's an "athlete" and can definitely play SSDM if needed. Last time I saw him he was 6'2, 205 (he'll end up 6'2 and 210-220 in college without losing speed). Most of the time he's the fastest kid on the field. Talked with him and he's "very" excited about Hobart. Said when he was on his visit in July and they were overlooking the Quad, Coach Brundage told him it was the field where Hobart and Cornell played so long ago and it was then he knew Hobart was HIS school (he cancelled his Jacksonville visit after his Hobart visit and it was between those 2 schools). He wanted a true Lax school and a place that was great in all ways. He said he's hoping the new NCAA scholarship additions can help catapult Hobart forward and be able to go after more elite Lax recruits than ever. He's actively recruiting the best kids he knows in Florida Lax to check out Hobart and come join him. Hobart just checked out his friend a Florida 26 kid Matteo Moran (M) 6'2.5" and 190 / True National 26 and True Chesapeake 26 from St. Andrews who is being actively pursued by the military academies and will probably be a Sept 1st kid. Go Hobart!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Love everything about that post DrTiger!
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:03 am Love everything about that post DrTiger!
Me too!

One big thing down here . . . Westminster Christian in Miami hired Terry Corcoran to be the HC of the Boys team!

https://floridalacrossenews.com/florida ... s-program/
brodad

Post by brodad »

Heard some rumors about this year's schedule. Some or all of them could be wrong. Probably irresponsible of me to post it, but What the heck...
Fall scrimmage vs Cogate at Colgate. Spring scrimmage vs Vermont. Playing Bucknell this year. No Cuse game because it would have to be back to back with the Cornell game. That's all I recall. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

brodad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:50 pm Heard some rumors about this year's schedule. Some or all of them could be wrong. Probably irresponsible of me to post it, but What the heck...
Fall scrimmage vs Cogate at Colgate. Spring scrimmage vs Vermont. Playing Bucknell this year. No Cuse game because it would have to be back to back with the Cornell game. That's all I recall. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I think (though I could easily be wrong) that the last time we didn't play Cuse was 1985?? It would suck not to play them. Win or lose there should always be a game for the Krauss Simmons trophy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’d be surprised and can’t imagine plying Cuse and that btb w Cornell could possibly be the reason.

We had a nice mini rivalry w Bucknell including 6-7 yrs as PL rivals (basically before Navy joined from ECAC it was Bucknell/Bart/Army vying for that AQ) and beyond until 2010 or so. 2009 was wild as part of that hot start winning 7-2 before thrashing Gtown only to fall apart down the stretch. Feds is obviously a Bart grad. (And my understanding in the finalist list when they hired Raymond)
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:55 pm
brodad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:50 pm Heard some rumors about this year's schedule. Some or all of them could be wrong. Probably irresponsible of me to post it, but What the heck...
I think (though I could easily be wrong) that the last time we didn't play Cuse was 1985?? It would suck not to play them. Win or lose there should always be a game for the Krauss Simmons trophy.
Yes, a small measles "outbreak" on campus was the stated reason for not playing them...the '86 game was the first Kraus-Simmons game and, therefore, had extra meaning.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:28 am I’d be surprised and can’t imagine plying Cuse and that btb w Cornell could possibly be the reason.

We had a nice mini rivalry w Bucknell including 6-7 yrs as PL rivals (basically before Navy joined from ECAC it was Bucknell/Bart/Army vying for that AQ) and beyond until 2010 or so. 2009 was wild as part of that hot start winning 7-2 before thrashing Gtown only to fall apart down the stretch. Feds is obviously a Bart grad. (And my understanding in the finalist list when they hired Raymond)
Although an Irondequoit native, Frankie came to Hobart to play football & baseball...
brodad

Post by brodad »

I hope I'm wrong about the Cuse game, but that's what I heard.
thehashslingingslash

Post by thehashslingingslash »

Rumor has it Syracuse dropped Hobart from the schedule to play a double header weekend with lindenwood and Hampton. Gait must be back on the bottle
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

Hobart should consider going back to Div 3, with all of their other sports, they have gotten beaten up in Div 1 for the last # of years
brodad

Post by brodad »

The last two seasons were rough, but i think the 3 before that were winning seasons. Although one was during covid. They seem to be generally somewhere near the middle of the pack. Hopefully they can improve this year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

brodad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:02 pm The last two seasons were rough, but i think the 3 before that were winning seasons. Although one was during covid. They seem to be generally somewhere near the middle of the pack. Hopefully they can improve this year.
That guy is an own trick on sycophant for or actually the person of Simon Conner , the greatest assistant college lacrosse coach ever.
brodad

Post by brodad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 6:40 pm
brodad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:02 pm The last two seasons were rough, but i think the 3 before that were winning seasons. Although one was during covid. They seem to be generally somewhere near the middle of the pack. Hopefully they can improve this year.
That guy is an own trick on sycophant for or actually the person of Simon Conner , the greatest assistant college lacrosse coach ever.
Sorry, not sure what you're saying.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Magbride14 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:03 pm Hobart should consider going back to Div 3, with all of their other sports, they have gotten beaten up in Div 1 for the last # of years
Ah MagB still tilting at windmills as usual. I read in one of your early posts how you were b!tching about Nova only having 8.5 schollies. FYI,Hobart is just getting athletic scholarship $$. We had 3 for this past season, 6 for next, 9 for '26 and the full 12.6 for '27. I wonder how well Nova would have done without athletic $$ for the past 25 years. Go on, I'll wait for your highly informative reply. Who knows, maybe you'll get your dream and have someone take Simon Connor as a HC. So far... no takers.
Last edited by oldbartman on Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”