Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by wlaxjunkie »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:11 pm
wlaxjunkie wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:59 pm
610Lax wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:57 am
Laxfan212 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:20 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:47 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:28 pm anyone have any insight on what is going on at Xavier?

Heard from my daughter who is a freshman at another school (but had a club teammate at Xavier) that more than half the Xavier team entered the portal last week. Assume its a coaching issue..
Xavier coach brought her husband on as an assistant with no lacrosse experience. Terrible coach, no people skills and little support from school doesn’t make for a good program.

Are you sure this is how you want to describe Matt Zink and Meg Decker? Maybe the guy is doing the best he can while dealing with the side effects of trial treatments for his cancer? Find someone else to pick on.

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... meg-decker

I wish no harm upon either of these coaches and hope for health and healing. But when it comes to her coaching, many have described her style as abusive. Of course you have to take it with a grain of salt but I’ve heard the reviews on this page are pretty spot-on. https://www.2adays.com/coaches/meg-decker-46914
Was just looking at the 2adays website and was surprised to not see Meg Decker(Xavier) listed under a search for D1 Women's Lacrosse coaches as she had been near the top of the reviews based off overall number of reviews with a very low score. When I searched her on the site, I was brought to the profile that the link in the above post takes you to, and found it very interesting to see how her profile has been edited so it doesn't appear in searches for D1 coaches.

Her profile actually shows her current position as Head Women's Lacrosse coach at St. Xavier University in Chicago, IL and the Division is listed as NAIA. St. Xavier doesn't have a women's lacrosse program, only a men's club team, and she's never coached or attended the school as she's still at Xavier University in Cincinnati. By her being listed as an NAIA coach at a different school(St. X is an NAIA school in other sports), she does not show up in a search for D1 coaches and only shows up if you search her directly. Her reviews are pretty harsh so I wouldn't blame her or someone affiliated with her or Xavier with wanting to hide them but its not a good look to try to hide your profile on the site to avoid recruits from accessing the comments, whether she did it or someone affiliated with her or the program did.

11 players in the portal is a bad enough look, this doesn't help in building the program, which is a shame.
First of all, Matt Zink and Meg Decker are not married. That was a lie she told her Hartford team so that she could escape the embarrassment of getting pregnant out of wedlock. She kept it going until it didn’t work for her at Xavier, then told the truth, and he was hired as her assistant. Matt has been through a lot of cancer treatments but anyone I have ever met who faced death head on became a better person. Not him. Matt was just fired for Title IX violations at Xavier. His profile has been found on dating sites and he is an all around questionable human being. I think his treatments affected his brain or maybe just his heart. Decker believes she is lacrosse dynasty and untouchable but her record speaks for itself in no uncertain teams. She is a terrible coach and a manipulative narcissist and I expect to see the guard change this next year. She is looking at more transfers after fall season and you can’t have success when you can’t keep the ones you’ve trained. Her team isn’t bad, they come out swinging and then she starts coaching and they lose. Under different coaching, Xavier would be a successful team.
3 posts in your username history. And all 3 were trashing Meg Decker and Xavier.

Reach out to Xavier directly. If they don’t make a change, then move on.

It’s hard to accept opinions as unbiased when your only posts have been attacking someone personally. Clearly you have an axe to grind (and perhaps for good reason!) but if your complaints have fallen on deaf ears, it’s just time to move on. Life isn’t fair.

Also….embarrassment of getting pregnant out of wedlock? What world are you living in? Is it 1950? Please. This is just as bad as that time someone say KT’s time at Cuse was over….because her former teammates didn’t include her in a “girls weekend”. Dear lord, this is like a pathetic high school group text between mean girls. Just move on.
I didn’t know that truth became obsolete on a time schedule! I’ll keep that in mind! You must be a decker fan…haha! I have an axe to grind with a coach who is actively trying to destroy the dreams of many women athletes! Just 17 responded last year by quitting or transferring…more to follow this fall. I’m not making this up so I’m not sure why truth is a problem for you!

As for the pregnancy out of wedlock…not an issue for me in the slightest but for her! She believes she is religious so lied to everyone about her wedding which was all a sham! SMH Everyone was quite surprised with her getting her “husband” hired at Xavier…but it turned out not to be her husband! Maybe you have a better insight and would Like to share that with us! I will move on once the truth is out there and she stops calling the potential coaches of her transferring students and lying about them to diminish interest in her those transfers! You have no skin in the game so it’s easy to sit on your high horse and look down on people who are pissed at an abusive coach! Truth is coming out! At a recent lax clinic, she was the talk of the town….and not in a good way…and I wasn’t there! People are tired of it and are making others aware! I would think that would be seen as a good thing…unless you’re her pal! She doesn’t have many of those!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Don’t know her. Never met her.

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Cheers.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:56 pm Don’t know her. Never met her.

Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Cheers.
A+
cdb

Post by cdb »

FYI, all media posts come under the laws for libel. Because the words are written and remain, more is expected of those who post negative comments that damage a person's reputation. Consideration is not only given to the truth of the matter, but also whether or not there is a reason for the truth to be shared. Also, a poster can not post a damaging comment if he or she wants to deliberately harm a person's reputation.

I have seen a couple of posters trying to get you to tone down your post and even suggesting it would be more prudent to inform the folks in charge rather than post of a public board. Because of that and the harshness of some of your comments, I tend to believe you have a grudge against the person you are mentioning.

I suggest care -- be careful. Sometimes vengeance can be very costly in court --- particularly if motive can be shown == and, posts have a way of lasting forever, even if a party tries to delete them after the fact. Quit while you are ahead.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

cdb wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:11 pm FYI, all media posts come under the laws for libel. Because the words are written and remain, more is expected of those who post negative comments that damage a person's reputation. Consideration is not only given to the truth of the matter, but also whether or not there is a reason for the truth to be shared. Also, a poster can not post a damaging comment if he or she wants to deliberately harm a person's reputation.

I have seen a couple of posters trying to get you to tone down your post and even suggesting it would be more prudent to inform the folks in charge rather than post of a public board. Because of that and the harshness of some of your comments, I tend to believe you have a grudge against the person you are mentioning.

I suggest care -- be careful. Sometimes vengeance can be very costly in court --- particularly if motive can be shown == and, posts have a way of lasting forever, even if a party tries to delete them after the fact. Quit while you are ahead.
Again, truth is my friend! Libel is a public false statement that is used to ruin a reputation! I’m not giving false statements! No grudge when truth exposes someone! I can prove what I say. I’m not trying to discredit anyone! I’m telling the truth! If that discredits someone, then so be it! I read Kayla Traenor posts for days about who and what and where she did what she did! No one said a word about that! I think she is a fantastic coach and person but this forum dragged her through the mud with rumor and supposition! And in the end…her imminent firing and banishing from Wlax didn’t happen! I present truth and you want to threaten me with lawsuits! I’m sorry she is a loved coach! I used to regard her in the same light but when truth presents itself, I’m a truth teller!
cdb

Post by cdb »

I offered some advice -- you read it and rejected it. That's okay with me -- I have don't know who you are -- who the person you are discussing is -- nor do I care.

If the KT stuff had continued I would have offered the same advice to those posters.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

wlaxjunkie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:31 pm [quote=cdb post_id=576221 time=<a href="tel:1724033516">1724033516</a> user_id=6610]
FYI, all media posts come under the laws for libel. Because the words are written and remain, more is expected of those who post negative comments that damage a person's reputation. Consideration is not only given to the truth of the matter, but also whether or not there is a reason for the truth to be shared. Also, a poster can not post a damaging comment if he or she wants to deliberately harm a person's reputation.

Again, truth is my friend! Libel is a public false statement that is used to ruin a reputation! I’m not giving false statements! No grudge when truth exposes someone! I can prove what I say. I’m not trying to discredit anyone! I’m telling the truth! If that discredits someone, then so be it! I read Kayla Traenor posts for days about who and what and where she did what she did! No one said a word about that! I think she is a fantastic coach and person but this forum dragged her through the mud with rumor and supposition! And in the end…her imminent firing and banishing from Wlax didn’t happen! I present truth and you want to threaten me with lawsuits! I’m sorry she is a loved coach! I used to regard her in the same light but when truth presents itself, I’m a truth teller!
[/quote]

Just confirming, in case anyone was concerned, “!” does in fact work on Junkies keyboard. 😂
cdb

Post by cdb »

I hope you are a lawyer. Perhaps you should revue the recent cases f libel that were in the public domain regarding libel. Damages may be awarded because the jury believed the defendant had malicious intent to harm the other party -- that is the part I am bringing up -- not whether or not facts are true. I advised you to be careful and you disagree with my advice. Fine -- I didn't do it to critique you but as warning. I now know you heard my advice and disagree. Fine -- you do not have to continue to reply -- You win -- I am not trying to win. It okay -- let's move on.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Can we move on? No one on this board is getting sued. Good lord.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

spidey44 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:08 am Can we move on? No one on this board is getting sued. Good lord.
😂

I am having my attorney screen all of my future posts.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

cdb wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:08 am I offered some advice -- you read it and rejected it. That's okay with me -- I have don't know who you are -- who the person you are discussing is -- nor do I care.

If the KT stuff had continued I would have offered the same advice to those posters.
I appreciate the advice but silence only plays well for the abuser! I don’t play that game! Believe me, if I wanted to ruin her reputation, I have so many worse case scenarios than this to share but I’ll hold those for personal meetings
Last edited by wlaxjunkie on Mon Aug 19, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:54 am
wlaxjunkie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:31 pm [quote=cdb post_id=576221 time=<a href="tel:1724033516">1724033516</a> user_id=6610]

Just confirming, in case anyone was concerned, “!” does in fact work on Junkies keyboard. 😂
[/quote]

You were the original reason I replied to the thread! You came out defending them without knowing anything about them except for the fact that Matt had been through cancer! A terrible thing for sure but not a defense for bad character…backed up by his firing for Title IX violations after 4 months of employment! And yes, my !!! Works..no questions on who I am! This will be my last post on this. I have moved on! I no longer have skin in this game!
wlaxjunkie

Post by wlaxjunkie »

spidey44 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:08 am Can we move on? No one on this board is getting sued. Good lord.
!!!!!
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

He's still listed on the site so that'd tell me he wasn't fired. Or they are lazy.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Haley Warden to Jacksonville - O-Coordinator
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Hearing that Ricky might be out at Georgetown
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:20 pm Hearing that Ricky might be out at Georgetown
Should have seen this coming when he wasn’t invited to the girls weekend….Toxic.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

laxlaxlax wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:20 pm Hearing that Ricky might be out at Georgetown
:shock:
Wheels,Wheels!

Post by Wheels,Wheels! »

Caroline Steele on the move? A chance to inject some young energy into the stale Hoyas program?
njbill

Post by njbill »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:41 pm
Should have seen this coming when he wasn’t invited to the girls weekend….Toxic.
:lol:

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”