~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: ~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:05 pm :lol: But not for your first, that was paid for by taxpayers. How convenient and coincidental.

Put me in charge, I'll do what you're supporting here: slap non competes on all military personnel. Don't let them cash in on their service. That way, they have far less incentive to leave. No more minimum services rendered, then off to fly for United. Or in your case, retire in your mid 40's with a far more lucrative job waiting for you.

All that knowledge you acquired left the building. Non competes would remove your incentive to leave before 65. Let's call Congress, and tell them about this non compete plan you like so much.

Or.....you can stop arguing in praise of things you don't believe in because you think you need to "win" an argument on the internet.
Do you know how much we're spending on extension bonuses and contract work?

We could save billions to trillions over time with non-competes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:45 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:05 pm :lol: But not for your first, that was paid for by taxpayers. How convenient and coincidental.

Put me in charge, I'll do what you're supporting here: slap non competes on all military personnel. Don't let them cash in on their service. That way, they have far less incentive to leave. No more minimum services rendered, then off to fly for United. Or in your case, retire in your mid 40's with a far more lucrative job waiting for you.

All that knowledge you acquired left the building. Non competes would remove your incentive to leave before 65. Let's call Congress, and tell them about this non compete plan you like so much.

Or.....you can stop arguing in praise of things you don't believe in because you think you need to "win" an argument on the internet.
Do you know how much we're spending on extension bonuses and contract work?

We could save billions to trillions over time with non-competes.
Non compete agreements are for freaking commies. It's one step away from indentured servitude.

It was designed by people who don't understand what a free market is.

The fact that we allow them in America tells you how massively f'ed up our nation is....and how royally f'ed the worker is here in 2024.

It says that if you're REALLY valuable, you can't get a better job that you want, sorry mate. You are ONLY allowed to work here. Any Judge that allows these to stand is a freaking Commie.

This is the same line of thinking that led to NCAA coaches and admins getting paid millions with no caps, while the players people pay to see are salary capped. Moronic, and immoral.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Great speech by Governor Walz in tonight's DNC session. Wildly enthused crowd. The next few months should be very interesting ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:05 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:44 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:10 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:35 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:05 am Will Pres Kamala retain FTC Chair Lina Khan ? She just notched another big loss.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/jud ... -campaign/
Judge Tosses FTC Ban on Noncompete Agreements, Dealing Major Blow to Biden Admin’s Anti-Business Campaign
derp derp derp
You don't care about non-competes because your lifelong-employer, the Navy, never made you sign one. Rules for me, and not for thee......same way you think about everything, OS. Let the working class eat cake. Put me in charge. We'll have noncompetes for all military personnel. Then you'll get it.

Anyone here think that Old Salt is here to discuss ideas? :roll:

We get a ruling from a Trump-Judge that screws the working class, and send more money to the liberal elite, and OS cites it because he thinks that the story is about his "DEI Yale Grad doing it wrong".
I had to sign a non-compete in my 2nd career. AS usual, you don't know sh!t.
:lol: But not for your first, that was paid for by taxpayers. How convenient and coincidental.

:roll: :lol: How are former military going to compete ? Join the French Foreign Legion ?

The Department of State says that U.S. citizens who are residents or citizens of a foreign country may be required to serve in the military of that country. However, serving in a foreign military may only result in loss of U.S. nationality if it's done voluntarily and with the intention of giving up U.S. citizenship.
The Department of Defense also allows military retirees to perform Authorized Foreign Military Service (FMS) in newly democratic nations with congressional consent. The Secretary of State and the Secretary concerned must approve the FMS. Former service members who aren't entitled to military retired pay and don't have military status can perform FMS on the same basis as a U.S. national who hasn't served in the military, with some exceptions.

Wait until Pres Kamala has FTC Chairperson Lina Khan setting food prices. Your farmer friends will love that.
Wonder where she'll set your booze prices ? It's way too pricey for the common folks to afford.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I think the Silent Majority is stirring, waking up and getting VERY fired up. Last night's DNC lineup somehow elevated and pushed forward the huge momentum occurring across the country right now and while 80 million voters woke up enough to vanquish the Orange Beast last time, we may get closer to 90 million this time.

Common Sense vs. Nonsense

Walz did an amazing job with his speech, introducing himself to the nation. We know who these two candidates are. Both have given their lives to service. Donald Trump had ZERO Public Service or governing experience in 2016, but the country took a flyer on the "businessman" who MIGHT be able to "get the job done".

He didn't get the job done, and we know who he REALLY is now, and it's UGLY. He creates this fiction about him, about the country, that he wants you to believe...but here's the thing: IT'S A FICTION. Everything about the guy is just an ersatz fiction. The country, under another Trump administration, would be a tragic mass of hate and division.

90 million votes later, and even his Biggest LIE will dissolve and blow away in the wind...here's hoping.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"Wait until Pres Kamala has FTC Chairperson Lina Khan setting food prices. Your farmer friends will love that.
Wonder where she'll set your booze prices ? It's way too pricey for the common folks to afford."

A statement as stupid and ill-informed as his Orange Prophet. Perfect.

He doesn't care about non-competition agreements; he cares about making a dig at the "DEI Yale Law graduate," who he thinks denied him the vertical monopoly to which he was entitled with Illumina. Venality combined with a little race-baiting. "White Guys for 1952!!!"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:02 am Cuomo keeping it real: https://x.com/ChrisCuomo/status/1826440633017344444
Chris really kept things real while covering his brother when he was Governor of New York. Got himself canned.
I guess you believed him then too. :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Maybe those low T voters need to take Nugenix :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:41 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:05 am Will Pres Kamala retain FTC Chair Lina Khan ? She just notched another big loss.

Judge Tosses FTC Ban on Noncompete Agreements, Dealing Major Blow to Biden Admin’s Anti-Business Campaign
derp derp derp
You don't care about non-competes because your lifelong-employer, the Navy, never made you sign one. Rules for me, and not for thee......same way you think about everything, OS. Let the working class eat cake. Put me in charge. We'll have noncompetes for all military personnel. Then you'll get it.

We get a ruling from a Trump-Judge that screws the working class, and send more money to the liberal elite, and OS cites it because he thinks that the story is about his "DEI Yale Grad doing it wrong".
:lol: But not for your first, that was paid for by taxpayers. How convenient and coincidental.

:roll: :lol: How are former military going to compete ? Join the French Foreign Legion ?
Boy, that's SUCH a difficult question:

Compete in the fields which they received training. Quick list?

1. miitary contractor
2. blackwater and all "security" companies (I love you're pretending that that doesn't exist)
3. commerical aviation for former pilots
4. police
5. consulting firms of all shapes and sizes.

Gimme a few days, and I'd have a VERY comprehensive list that I can guarantee you would cover your post-military work.

Hilarious that you're on here pretending to defend noncompetes. What's next? Are you gonna tell us you want to ban flying? :roll:

Why you waste you time with this nonsense.....
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:55 am Why you waste you time with this nonsense.....
Because he gets a rise out of trolling you day after day.
That's the point.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:10 am
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:55 am Why you waste you time with this nonsense.....
That's the point.
He must be REALLY bored. I've got all the time in the world.....quietly running stills day after day. Today, it's another 60,000 lbs of peaches.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:15 am
That's the point.
He must be REALLY bored. I've got all the time in the world.....quietly running stills day after day. Today, it's another 60,000 lbs of peaches.
Good for you
Have a Malört to honor the city of Chicago and the repeal of Prohibition!
Arguably the worst tasting liqueur ever invented. :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 11:20 am
That's the point.
Good for you
:lol: That's simply wormwood soaked in spirit and sugar. Wormwood is OFFENSIVELY bitter, and one of the most bitter compounds on Earth.

But when you distill it? Then it's absinthe, and the bitterness stays behind in the still, and you're left with the flavor or wormwood, which is similar to chopped tarragon with a bit of white pepper.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:16 pm
That's the point.
Good for you
:lol: That's simply wormwood soaked in spirit and sugar. Wormwood is OFFENSIVELY bitter, and one of the most bitter compounds on Earth.

But when you distill it? Then it's absinthe, and the bitterness stays behind in the still, and you're left with the flavor or wormwood, which is similar to chopped tarragon with a bit of white pepper.
So Malört is not distilled? and thus technically not a liqueur?
Still tasted like something you'd clean brake dust off your rims. :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:00 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:16 pm
That's the point.
Good for you

So Malört is not distilled? and thus technically not a liqueur?
Still tasted like something you'd clean brake dust off your rims. :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, it's not distilled. And all a liqueur is, is a spirit that you add at least 2 1/2% sugar to.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:55 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:41 am

derp derp derp

Boy, that's SUCH a difficult question:

Compete in the fields which they received training. Quick list?

1. miitary contractor
2. blackwater and all "security" companies (I love you're pretending that that doesn't exist)
3. commerical aviation for former pilots
4. police
5. consulting firms of all shapes and sizes.

Gimme a few days, and I'd have a VERY comprehensive list that I can guarantee you would cover your post-military work.

Hilarious that you're on here pretending to defend noncompetes. What's next? Are you gonna tell us you want to ban flying? :roll:

Why you waste you time with this nonsense.....
There are restrictions & limitations on former service members regarding who you can work for & in what areas/projects.

Knowledge & experience gained during military service is done in service to the military.
DoD cannot afford to retain everyone for an entire career. Need ongoing supply of younger personnel.
The education & experience gained is part of the deal in return for giving up rights, freedom of movement, lower compensation & risk incurred.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:22 pm
The education & experience gained is part of the deal in return for giving up rights, freedom of movement, lower compensation & risk incurred.
That's right! Which is why it's OBVIOUS you're wasting our time gaslighting that you think noncompetes are a good thing.

You've spent the last few months looking to pick fights, instead of having simple cordial conversations.

I wish you'd stop. You've morphed into a character who thinks that agreeing on ANYTHING is bad.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:25 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:22 pm
That's right! Which is why it's OBVIOUS you're wasting our time gaslighting that you think noncompetes are a good thing.

You've spent the last few months looking to pick fights, instead of having simple cordial conversations.

I wish you'd stop. You've morphed into a character who thinks that agreeing on ANYTHING is bad.
:lol: ...you just can't stand your rants being challenged. The court found against Khan on a specific narrow case, which you ridiculously try to universally apply to all things, ...as is your normal childish "logic". How 'bout you stop that.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Hmm.

“Chicago, where the Democratic convention is being held this year, has one of the largest Palestinian communities in the United States. Muslim Women for Harris did not immediately respond to a request for comment.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... s-disbands
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”