The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ACTIVITIES
The executive functions of the Vice President include participation in Cabinet meetings.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/cabinet
Public Law 81–216, which is also cited as the National Security Act Amendments of 1949, changed the composition of the National Security Council to include the Vice President (63 Stat. 579).

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/statutes-at ... 1ch412.pdf
By an Act that was approved on August 10, 1846, to establish the Smithsonian Institution, the Vice President serves as a regent on the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution (9 Stat. 103).

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/statutes-at ... 1ch178.pdf
Pursuant to Article II, Section 1, the powers and duties of the Presidency devolve on the Vice President in the case of the President's death, inability to discharge the office's powers and duties, or removal from office.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/ ... ction-1--2
The Vice President also fills a legislative role as President of the Senate. In this capacity, the Vice President had been expected to preside at regular sessions of the Senate and cast votes only to break ties. From the vice-presidency of John Adams in 1789 to that of Richard Nixon in the 1950s, presiding over the Senate was the chief function of the Vice President. Each one had an office in the Capitol, received staff support and office expenses through the legislative appropriations, and rarely was invited to participate in executive activities, including Cabinet meetings. In 1961, Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson moved his chief office from the Capitol to the White House, directed his attention to executive functions, and started attending Senate sessions only at critical times. His actions changed the traditional role of the Vice President, and those changes continue in effect today.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/hi ... pore.htm#1
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:09 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:36 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:35 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:48 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:41 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:27 pm The spin has already begun. Less than 12 hrs later.

The tributes to Biden were heartfelt. Of course. All those "We Heart Joe!" signs surely make up for how they showed him the door. It was doubly nice of Nancy Pelosi to lead those cheers.

Kamela is the future for democracy, as long as we ignore that we didn't get a chance to elect her in a true primary as our party's nominee.

Kamela will fix all our problems, as long as we ignore that she has overseen those issues and has held office and the ability to act and fix those issues, for the past 3.5 years.

If I'm looking for a positive from last night- I guess it was nice of Ashley to give her father's eulogy and let her know how she feels about him, while he's still with us. Seems like she is over all those issues she mentioned in her diary.
Don’t recall you mentioning what Mike Pence oversaw as Veep.
So was Kamala involved the past 3 years- Does she have any executive branch experience?
Or was she not involved, and had no part in the current problems?
Was she Immigration Czar or not?
List the issues that she “oversaw”.

1. Immigration Czar

https://www.threads.net/@roktgurl/post/ ... T9BuAIm4ww

She did her part. Republicans and Trump let her down.
You seem intent on correcting my assumption that she was involved as the VP, as opposed to answering my questions.
What answers do you wish me to come to?
I gave you credit for her responsibility for the border. You used a plural so I was wondering what else you had her down for being responsible for so that I could reply. List them. You had no problem listing the border. Speak up.
She smartly doesn't want to take too much credit beyond nebulous "Helping Americans" talk.

So in addition to immigration and the economy, I'd say Harris was quite loud about protecting Abortion rights and Voting rights early in her vice presidency. Harris spent much time leading up to the '22 midterms promising to prioritize and protect reproductive rights. Shortly thereafter, RoeVWade was overturned.

Same with codifying voting rights protections. Lots of talk and promises. Lots of supposed hard behind the scenes work. But the John Lewis Act still failed.

Now you share what she was responsible for and done well?
So Kamela Harris was responsible for the Southern Border, Abortion Legislation (she is responsible for the Supreme Court decision) and Voting Rights. Those are the things you state that she is responsible for? Other than serving as the Border Czar like that failed drug Czar, I am not sure what the VP was responsible for…nor do I care. You brought up her “responsibilities for 3.5 years”…not me. How old are you? 14?
Yes. She was the VP for 3.5 years. The natural assumption is that she took part in the governing with Biden during that time? Those are things she put her name and efforts behind.

I gave you my thoughts. Then I posed an easy question you chose to ignore. You have no response?

You don't want to talk about those failures, so I'll ask and let you pick the topic-

What do you think she was she responsible for and done a good job on?

Or can I assume from your name calling and evasive responses mean you don't have an answer and want to put some significant space between Harris her time in office and Biden's record?
You make a jack out of yourself….the role of a VP is to stand ready if the President can’t serve. The VP’s role is to govern, other than voting to break a tie in the senate? You should be able to read like I can:

What are three responsibilities of the vice president?

The extent of the roles and functions of the vice president depend on the specific relationship between the president and the vice president, but often include tasks such as drafter and spokesperson for the administration's policies, adviser to the president, and being a symbol of American concern or support.
Yeah. No kidding.

I'll ask a third time, slightly differently, with hopes you might understand this time around:

What policies of the Biden Admin do you think she has done a particularly good job drafting, speaking and advising on?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:49 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:27 pm The spin has already begun. Less than 12 hrs later.

The tributes to Biden were heartfelt. Of course. All those "We Heart Joe!" signs surely make up for how they showed him the door. It was doubly nice of Nancy Pelosi to lead those cheers.

Kamela is the future for democracy, as long as we ignore that we didn't get a chance to elect her in a true primary as our party's nominee.

Kamela will fix all our problems, as long as we ignore that she has overseen those issues and has held office and the ability to act and fix those issues, for the past 3.5 years.

If I'm looking for a positive from last night- I guess it was nice of Ashley to give her father's eulogy and let her know how she feels about him, while he's still with us. Seems like she is over all those issues she mentioned in her diary.
So was Kamala involved the past 3 years- Does she have any executive branch experience?

1. Immigration Czar

You seem intent on correcting my assumption that she was involved as the VP, as opposed to answering my questions.
I gave you credit for her responsibility for the border. You used a plural so I was wondering what else you had her down for being responsible for so that I could reply. List them. You had no problem listing the border. Speak up.
She smartly doesn't want to take too much credit beyond nebulous "Helping Americans" talk.

So in addition to immigration and the economy, I'd say Harris was quite loud about protecting Abortion rights and Voting rights early in her vice presidency. Harris spent much time leading up to the '22 midterms promising to prioritize and protect reproductive rights. Shortly thereafter, RoeVWade was overturned.

Same with codifying voting rights protections. Lots of talk and promises. Lots of supposed hard behind the scenes work. But the John Lewis Act still failed.

So Kamela Harris was responsible for the Southern Border, Abortion Legislation (she is responsible for the Supreme Court decision) and Voting Rights. Those are the things you state that she is responsible for? Other than serving as the Border Czar like that failed drug Czar, I am not sure what the VP was responsible for…nor do I care. You brought up her “responsibilities for 3.5 years”…not me. How old are you? 14?
Yes. She was the VP for 3.5 years. The natural assumption is that she took part in the governing with Biden during that time? Those are things she put her name and efforts behind.

I gave you my thoughts. Then I posed an easy question you chose to ignore. You have no response?

You don't want to talk about those failures, so I'll ask and let you pick the topic-

Or can I assume from your name calling and evasive responses mean you don't have an answer and want to put some significant space between Harris her time in office and Biden's record?
You make a jack out of yourself….the role of a VP is to stand ready if the President can’t serve. The VP’s role is to govern, other than voting to break a tie in the senate? You should be able to read like I can:

The extent of the roles and functions of the vice president depend on the specific relationship between the president and the vice president, but often include tasks such as drafter and spokesperson for the administration's policies, adviser to the president, and being a symbol of American concern or support.
Yeah. No kidding.

I'll ask a third time, slightly differently, with hopes you might understand this time around:

What policies of the Biden Admin do you think she has done a particularly good job drafting, speaking and advising on?
Never thought about it and I don’t care. VPs have never been responsible for much, as far as I know. Since you are on top of it, what has she drafted and how does it compare to what Pence drafted?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: And Joe DID assign her a task, & was negligent in following directions assigned to her from the POTUS.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:44 am :lol: :lol: And Joe DID assign her a task, & was negligent in following directions assigned to her from the POTUS.
So the Kamala Harris record is...

0 wins

1 loss

:D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

ACTIVITIES
The executive functions of the Vice President include participation in Cabinet meetings.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/cabinet
Public Law 81–216, which is also cited as the National Security Act Amendments of 1949, changed the composition of the National Security Council to include the Vice President (63 Stat. 579).

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/statutes-at ... 1ch412.pdf
By an Act that was approved on August 10, 1846, to establish the Smithsonian Institution, the Vice President serves as a regent on the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution (9 Stat. 103).

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/statutes-at ... 1ch178.pdf
Pursuant to Article II, Section 1, the powers and duties of the Presidency devolve on the Vice President in the case of the President's death, inability to discharge the office's powers and duties, or removal from office.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/ ... ction-1--2
The Vice President also fills a legislative role as President of the Senate. In this capacity, the Vice President had been expected to preside at regular sessions of the Senate and cast votes only to break ties. From the vice-presidency of John Adams in 1789 to that of Richard Nixon in the 1950s, presiding over the Senate was the chief function of the Vice President. Each one had an office in the Capitol, received staff support and office expenses through the legislative appropriations, and rarely was invited to participate in executive activities, including Cabinet meetings. In 1961, Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson moved his chief office from the Capitol to the White House, directed his attention to executive functions, and started attending Senate sessions only at critical times. His actions changed the traditional role of the Vice President, and those changes continue in effect today.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/hi ... pore.htm#1
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

You can make up your own idea of the job of a VP. I will stick with facts. I have never heard of one have much of a role, other than Dick Cheney.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Kramer is back to misspelling Kamala. I hadn’t noticed.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

To be fair, I do recall all of the searching questions from these guys -- picture them appearing doing rockabilly covers in a dinghy roadhouse in West Virginia as The Gaslighters -- about Pence's contributions to the Trump Administration. You may recall that as VP, Pence chaired the National Space Council following its reestablishment in 2017 as well as the White House Coronavirus Task Force, which was established in early 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm sure he just killed those jobs. The way the pandemic was managed by the Trump Administration is, after all, basically the stuff of legend.

VPs are ministers without portfolio. They are ceremonial figures, stand-ins for the President as necessary, tie breakers in the Senate, etc. The border/immigration "portfolio" Harris was given was a job that Congress (under the Constitution that The Gaslighters purport to revere) is duty bound to carry out. The Gaslighters know it; that's what fills them with the gas. Blather.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:54 am To be fair, I do recall all of the searching questions from these guys -- picture them appearing doing rockabilly covers in a dinghy roadhouse in West Virginia as The Gaslighters -- about Pence's contributions to the Trump Administration. You may recall that as VP, Pence chaired the National Space Council following its reestablishment in 2017 as well as the White House Coronavirus Task Force, which was established in early 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm sure he just killed those jobs. The way the pandemic was managed by the Trump Administration is, after all, basically the stuff of legend.

VPs are ministers without portfolio. They are ceremonial figures, stand-ins for the President as necessary, tie breakers in the Senate, etc. The border/immigration "portfolio" Harris was given was a job that Congress (under the Constitution that The Gaslighters purport to revere) is duty bound to carry out. The Gaslighters know it; that's what fills them with the gas. Blather.
Was trump mismanaging COVID when he gave Newsom and King Andy all the money 🤑 they requested? In NYC alone trump gave King Andy all the millions he requested to convert the Javits Center to a temporary hospital and more millions to bring in and staff the hospital ship Mercy to NY Harbor also to be used as a temporary hospital. It turns out these were knee jerk reactions that were not needed and wasted huge amounts of money and resources where they were not needed. Reluctantly Newsome and King Andy both thank trump for his efforts to help when they requested it. Is this more of the mismanaging of the COVID crisis by trump that you speak of? Liberal governors requested emergency aid and trump gave it to them no questions asked. If we use your logic here trump should have told both governors to go pound sand. Then y'all would have criticized him about that. Damned if you do... damned if you don't the old cliche goes. ;)

Correction on my end. USS Comfort was in NY Harbor. USS Mercy was sent to San Diego.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump not only "mismanaged" COVID...it is credibly arguable that he directly caused the needless deaths of thousands upon thousands of Americans by deflecting concern and lying about the dangers of the ways the pandemic was effecting the country.

If Trump COULD'VE withheld funds from those blue states, he damn well WOULD HAVE. He'll do exactly that if he gets back to the Oval and his goons begin implementing Project 2025.

Trump is washed up, cooked and spiraling down into rage-fueled desperation to avoid disgrace and jail.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:22 am Trump not only "mismanaged" COVID...it is credibly arguable that he directly caused the needless deaths of thousands upon thousands of Americans by deflecting concern and lying about the dangers of the ways the pandemic was effecting the country.

If Trump COULD'VE withheld funds from those blue states, he damn well WOULD HAVE. He'll do exactly that if he gets back to the Oval and his goons begin implementing Project 2025.

Trump is washed up, cooked and spiraling down into rage-fueled desperation to avoid disgrace and jail.

So Newsom and King Andy were wrong when they thanked him every so reluctantly? ;)
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Typical Lax Dad

Kramer back to his old self…

>> Kamela is the future for democracy, as long as we ignore that we didn't get a chance to elect her in a true primary as our party's nominee.

Kamela will fix all our problems, as long as we ignore that she has overseen those issues and has held office and the ability to act and fix those issues, for the past 3.5 years. <<

First VP in the history of the USA that is responsible for solving America’s problems….I hope she wins so we can get the make fun of the black lady routine.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:47 am

1. Immigration Czar

Yeah. No kidding.

Never thought about it and I don’t care. VPs have never been responsible for much, as far as I know. Since you are on top of it, what has she drafted and how does it compare to what Pence drafted?
Pence ain't running or been in office for the last 4 years.

C'Mon. You felt the need to call me names, and correct me and others on here multiple times. Keep showing us that big brain.

You posted links on roles/responsibiluties and said the VP doesn't lead, or have a role. But rather drafts, speaks and advises on presidential policy.

So AGAIN- What policies of the Biden Admin do you think she has done a particularly good job drafting, speaking and advising on?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:03 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:47 am

1. Immigration Czar

Yeah. No kidding.

Pence ain't running or been in office for the last 4 years.

C'Mon. You felt the need to call me names, and correct me and others on here multiple times. Keep showing us that big brain.

You posted links on roles/responsibiluties and said the VP doesn't lead, or have a role. But rather drafts, speaks and advises on presidential policy.

So AGAIN- What policies of the Biden Admin do you think she has done a particularly good job drafting, speaking and advising on?
I told you I don’t know and I don’t care what Kamele has done. You are concerned. I am not. It’s an honest answer. Something you may not be able to comprehend. I posted the links because you said she had the opportunity to fix the issues facing Americans and did not fix them. I just posted what the responsibilities of the VP are…. not sure how those reconcile with fixing the issues facing America. I was just wondering what other VP was charged with fixing the issues facing Americans. I have no idea how those things that the VP is actually responsible for get reported on. Tie breaker in the Senate is easy to see…the others not so easy to document. Kamale will be fine if elected. Your guy could still win. I hope he does. Take us down another notch.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

For those with little brains
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Krammer is with him…..It’s easy to spell too :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:01 am Kramer back to his old self…

>> Kamela is the future for democracy, as long as we ignore that we didn't get a chance to elect her in a true primary as our party's nominee.

Kamela will fix all our problems, as long as we ignore that she has overseen those issues and has held office and the ability to act and fix those issues, for the past 3.5 years. <<

First VP in the history of the USA that is responsible for solving America’s problems….I hope she wins so we can get the make fun of the black lady routine.
Yes. I've acknowledged that she's not responsible for solving problems.

You explained it well. Repeatedly.

Now I'm giving you a chance to show us that she was competent at executing the job functions YOU pointed out she IS responsible for.

Please, tell us what policies of the Biden Admin YOU think she has done a particularly good job drafting, speaking and advising on?

We know you don't care, but surely you can shine that flashlight of wisdom on us (with little brains) just a little more? Please?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:19 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:01 am Kramer back to his old self…

Yes. I've acknowledged that she's not responsible for solving problems. :lol:

You explained it well. Repeatedly.

Now I'm giving you a chance to show us that she was competent at executing the job functions YOU pointed out she IS responsible for.

Please, tell us what policies of the Biden Admin YOU think she has done a particularly good job drafting, speaking and advising on?

We know you don't care, but surely you can shine that flashlight of wisdom on us (with little brains) just a little more? Please?
That’s what I was responding to. Not your change in topic. Stop hectoring me :lol: I told you I don’t know and I don’t care what she has or hasn’t done. I did look up her work on the border issue. Raised $5.2 billion in investment pledges to address part of the root cause, as she was charged with. Beyond that, I have not bothered to look, nor do I care. I already donated to her campaign and she has my vote. :lol: :lol: :lol: Kahmayla will be fine.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”