The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2024

Post by ggait »

Both served honorably

Good. We all agree.

So move on and/or take it somewhere else.

Because literally no one cares about this dumb fork horse that you beat dead two weeks ago.

Get a life. And stfu about this already.

Thanks.
Last edited by ggait on Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:48 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 1:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:41 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:27 pm The spin has already begun. Less than 12 hrs later.

The tributes to Biden were heartfelt. Of course. All those "We Heart Joe!" signs surely make up for how they showed him the door. It was doubly nice of Nancy Pelosi to lead those cheers.

Kamela is the future for democracy, as long as we ignore that we didn't get a chance to elect her in a true primary as our party's nominee.

Kamela will fix all our problems, as long as we ignore that she has overseen those issues and has held office and the ability to act and fix those issues, for the past 3.5 years.

If I'm looking for a positive from last night- I guess it was nice of Ashley to give her father's eulogy and let her know how she feels about him, while he's still with us. Seems like she is over all those issues she mentioned in her diary.
Don’t recall you mentioning what Mike Pence oversaw as Veep.
So was Kamala involved the past 3 years- Does she have any executive branch experience?
Or was she not involved, and had no part in the current problems?
Was she Immigration Czar or not?
List the issues that she “oversaw”.

1. Immigration Czar

https://www.threads.net/@roktgurl/post/ ... T9BuAIm4ww

She did her part. Republicans and Trump let her down.
Yep. She's put herself in as in charge of the border. So sure, you can throw stones at her for things not going well there.

But.....

Biden had a fully formed bill in Jan of 2021, ready for the House to get to work on it. They did NOTHING.

Then, just this year, R's and D's got together for a bill that would have pumped badly needed money into our border patrol, the courts, detainment infrastructure, and on and on.

Who killed that Bill, Kram?
And the ONE major thing she had 3.5 years to work on was an epic failure.....imagine if she had TWO things do. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:27 pm The spin has already begun. Less than 12 hrs later.

The tributes to Biden were heartfelt. Of course. All those "We Heart Joe!" signs surely make up for how they showed him the door. It was doubly nice of Nancy Pelosi to lead those cheers.

Kamela is the future for democracy, as long as we ignore that we didn't get a chance to elect her in a true primary as our party's nominee.

Kamela will fix all our problems, as long as we ignore that she has overseen those issues and has held office and the ability to act and fix those issues, for the past 3.5 years.

If I'm looking for a positive from last night- I guess it was nice of Ashley to give her father's eulogy and let her know how she feels about him, while he's still with us. Seems like she is over all those issues she mentioned in her diary.
So was Kamala involved the past 3 years- Does she have any executive branch experience?

1. Immigration Czar

You seem intent on correcting my assumption that she was involved as the VP, as opposed to answering my questions.
What answers do you wish me to come to?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:24 pm

1. Immigration Czar

You seem intent on correcting my assumption that she was involved as the VP, as opposed to answering my questions.
I gave you credit for her responsibility for the border. You used a plural so I was wondering what else you had her down for being responsible for so that I could reply. List them. You had no problem listing the border. Speak up.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

1. Immigration Czar

Yep. She's put herself in as in charge of the border. So sure, you can throw stones at her for things not going well there.

But.....

Biden had a fully formed bill in Jan of 2021, ready for the House to get to work on it. They did NOTHING.

Then, just this year, R's and D's got together for a bill that would have pumped badly needed money into our border patrol, the courts, detainment infrastructure, and on and on.

Who voted to kill the bill or who in implementation killed the bill?

Trumps policies had border encounters down. Biden killed those policies because, well...no other reason than- Trump made them.
So Biden gets hit with new immigrants ... but not the young, working males. His short-sighted policies only allow those seeking asylum. So sure enough, that's what he gets. But now he needs to address each asylum encounter individually. He gets backlogged even more. Then, to give relief, lets 10s of thousands more through, each mos, unchecked via his parole authority.

Ok...so then Biden helped facilitate a bi partisan bill. What does he attach it to? The D's biggest pork project.

So YOU can say republicans killed it. Voted against it. That is accurate.

But I'd say the Democrats and Biden had no intention on passing it - unless they got their way with Ukraine.

So the democrats resorted to their favorite Plan B- blaming Trump and Republicans.

Smart play for the Ds. But the talking point that "republican's killed it because Trump said so," isn't 100% accurate.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:50 pm

1. Immigration Czar

But.....

Trumps policies had border encounters down. Biden killed those policies because, well...no other reason than- Trump made them.
So Biden gets hit with new immigrants ... but not the young, working males. His short-sighted policies only allow those seeking asylum. So sure enough, that's what he gets. But now he needs to address each asylum encounter individually. He gets backlogged even more. Then, to give relief, lets 10s of thousands more through, each mos, unchecked via his parole authority.

Ok...so then Biden helped facilitate a bi partisan bill. What does he attach it to? The D's biggest pork project.

But I'd say the Democrats and Biden had no intention on passing it - unless they got their way with Ukraine.

So the democrats resorted to their favorite Plan B- blaming Trump and Republicans.

Smart play for the Ds. But the talking point that "republican's killed it because Trump said so," isn't 100% accurate.
Well Trump did nothing to improve the border situation in four years. Mexico did not pay for a border wall as Trump promised. Birder crossings are lower than they were under Trump,

Trump did not want the border issue solved bcs he wanted go use the issue for the campaign so he and his supporters could try and claim the dems did nothing. Trump is going to end like the famous emperor.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:35 pm

1. Immigration Czar

I gave you credit for her responsibility for the border. You used a plural so I was wondering what else you had her down for being responsible for so that I could reply. List them. You had no problem listing the border. Speak up.
She smartly doesn't want to take too much credit beyond nebulous "Helping Americans" talk.

So in addition to immigration and the economy, I'd say Harris was quite loud about protecting Abortion rights and Voting rights early in her vice presidency. Harris spent much time leading up to the '22 midterms promising to prioritize and protect reproductive rights. Shortly thereafter, RoeVWade was overturned.

Same with codifying voting rights protections. Lots of talk and promises. Lots of supposed hard behind the scenes work. But the John Lewis Act still failed.

Now you share what she was responsible for and done well?
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

1. Immigration Czar

But.....

https://en.unav.edu/web/global-affairs/ ... hacia-eeuu
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:29 pm

1. Immigration Czar

She smartly doesn't want to take too much credit beyond nebulous "Helping Americans" talk.

So in addition to immigration and the economy, I'd say Harris was quite loud about protecting Abortion rights and Voting rights early in her vice presidency. Harris spent much time leading up to the '22 midterms promising to prioritize and protect reproductive rights. Shortly thereafter, RoeVWade was overturned.

Same with codifying voting rights protections. Lots of talk and promises. Lots of supposed hard behind the scenes work. But the John Lewis Act still failed.

So Kamala Harris was responsible for the Southern Border, Abortion Legislation (she is responsible for the Supreme Court decision) and Voting Rights. Those are the things you state that she is responsible for? Other than serving as the Border Czar like that failed drug Czar, I am not sure what the VP was responsible for…nor do I care. You brought up her “responsibilities for 3.5 years”…not me. How old are you? 14?
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:36 pm

1. Immigration Czar

So Kamala Harris was responsible for the Southern Border, Abortion Legislation (she is responsible for the Supreme Court decision) and Voting Rights. Those are the things you state that she is responsible for? Other than serving as the Border Czar like that failed drug Czar, I am not sure what the VP was responsible for…nor do I care. You brought up her “responsibilities for 3.5 years”…not me. How old are you? 14?
You meant to say she failed in her task as border czar. About that you opine that " nor do you care " I guess in the Biden administration failure really is an option, imagine that. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I appreciate that you decided to spell her name correctly this time.
The snide garbage above isn't a good look for you, so why stoop to it?
It's not really who you are deep down, so why stoop?

The Dems are clearly super pleased to have accomplished this coming together in unity with a fresh look and energy. There's no real rancor among them and credit to Joe and his team for driving that from their angle and Harris and her team from theirs. Also credit to the progressives, like AOC, for recognizing the advantages of a re-boot, the fresh energy, as well as credit to all those governors and others who were serious contenders had Harris not been the obvious choice to rally around.

If we knew nothing else about Harris it's that she's running an incredibly impressive campaign operation, with no running start; absolutely crushing it on messaging clarity, unity, fundraising, volunteer sign-ups and excitement etc and she has the opposition totally flabbergasted. Impressive. Way different than 2019 when she was largely lost among a sea of contenders but managed to distinguish herself just a bit as the sole person to lay a glove on Biden...earning his respect, apparently. And apparently having earned his trust and even genuine affection over the ensuing 4 years.

As to her record as VP, other Dick Cheney I'm not sure we can say any VP in our recollections actually had any authority...and how did that work out? Probably the most impressive VP to my mind was HW, but he too didn't have any authority under Reagan and was very much in the background throughout. The VP's job is largely ceremonial and at most advisory, but it's also to quietly prepare for needing to take over. That means paying attention to the details, listening and learning, especially in areas new to them, probably most importantly for most in foreign affairs. It's never getting out in front of the President, making the POTUS look bad. Apparently that's what she did, quietly and competently...or at least let's hope that's what she did.

There's certainly no doubt that she's vastly better prepared for service as POTUS than Trump was in 2016 and he's since disqualified himself IMO from ever having such authority again...so, let's hope she paid close attention and learned a ton as VP.

As to immigration, you know the answer, so why troll with "Czar"? She had a limited assignment, apparently accomplished it well, but it certainly was insufficient on its own. That said, Biden's approach, like he did with so many topics, was to try to achieve a bipartisan legislative answer. And they darn near accomplished it only to have it blown up by a me-first, 'only I can do it' ego more interested in helping himself stay out of jail than helping the country move forward in any sort of unified, bi-partisan way..

Personally, I think they mishandled the politics of the problem, no matter how sincere they were about wanting a legislative answer...but that's a lesson, not a character flaw.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Even if we depict Harris as some kind of "Czar" of the Border, the reality as a matter of law (hint, this is the important part) is that Congress has plenary authority over immigration, giving it nearly complete authority to decide whether foreign nationals (called "aliens" under the governing statutes and SCOTUS case law) may enter or remain in the United States. By plenary, the Courts and the Congress understand that in acting pursuant to its power over immigration, Congress can make laws concerning aliens that would be unconstitutional if applied to citizens. The Supreme Court has interpreted that power to apply with most force to the admission and exclusion of nonresident aliens abroad seeking to enter the United States.

Harris's role, then, whatever it was, was in the back seat, maybe the f*cking trunk, compared to the absolute legal necessity of the feckless GOP majority in the House acting. They decided not to act, and we know it was because Orange Moron directed his serfs to hold the bill so he could run on his carnival tonic of fear of brown people.

Kramer's note that the Democrats would not pass immigration laws or reform (the proposed Lankford-brokered bipartisan law) unless Ukraine aid was also approved is, well, the way the billmaking process and the Constitution works. Deals cut in the name of consensus. It is not, in our system, to say I will vote yes on X, so long as you vote yes on Y. That's the system, when it is working. It didn't work here because Little Mike had the Speaker's gavel and -- unlike Pelosi and probably Jeffries -- has no idea how to govern a great nation.
Typical Lax Dad

Kramerika’s source of what Kamala was responsible for fixing:

https://theweek.com/in-depth/1023057/ka ... ack-record
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... y-00107856

One of my best friends and former teammates worked on Quayle’s staff when he was VP….no memorable stories other than my buddy getting lost with Quayle’s kid in the car and needing to get a police escort to get him back to school. He also used to pay for Quayle’s dry cleaning out of his own pocket sometimes. He was also on the VP advance team.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

1. Immigration Czar

But.....

Ya got it backwards: the "this is Ukraine pork" was cover for the Republicans to run away.

Kram.....you do know that they passed a nearly identical Aid Bill to Ukraine just months later, yes? Soooo....how did that happen if that bill was "Bad".

Trump killed the immigration bill....and come on, he TOLD you he killed the bill. Full stop. Which is why it hasn't been reintroduced.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:17 pm
And the ONE major thing she had 3.5 years to work on was an epic failure.....imagine if she had TWO things do. :lol:
You're not wrong. She's the one who took on the job.....it's on her for how it landed, within reason. She can only do so much without Congress.

And reason says, she didn't do a good job.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:17 pm
You're not wrong. She's the one who took on the job.....it's on her for how it landed, within reason. She can only do so much without Congress.

And reason says, she didn't do a good job.
Border Czar is more Republican rhetoric to control narrative. They are good at it. That’s why one must look for facts….

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kamala-har ... on-border/

Harris was not asked to be the administration's "border czar" or to oversee immigration policy and enforcement at the U.S.-Mexico border. That has mainly been the responsibility of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and his department, which oversees the country's main three immigration agencies, including Customs and Border Protection.

In reality, the only role close to that of a "border czar" under the Biden administration was held for only a few months by Roberta Jacobson, a longtime diplomat who served as coordinator for the Southwest border until April 2021.

Also…..
The Associated Press contacted all of the nearly two dozen companiesthe White House touted as participants in Harris’ effort. Some, like AgroAmerica, a sustainable food corporation that pledged to invest more than $100 million in six new projects, reported their work had begun and they were on track to meet their investment goals. Others, including Columbia Sportswear Company, said they would likely surpass their goals.

Most companies, however, either declined to comment or did not respond when asked about the work they have done to meet their pledges.

The vice president’s office has said that Harris’ outreach has generated more than $5.2 billion in investment promises. In an illustration of how long it takes the promises to translate into concrete spending, the State Department reported that companies have plowed nearly $1.3 billion in the region as of June 2024, the bulk of it in Guatemala and Honduras.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

1. Immigration Czar

So Kamela Harris was responsible for the Southern Border, Abortion Legislation (she is responsible for the Supreme Court decision) and Voting Rights. Those are the things you state that she is responsible for? Other than serving as the Border Czar like that failed drug Czar, I am not sure what the VP was responsible for…nor do I care. You brought up her “responsibilities for 3.5 years”…not me. How old are you? 14?
Yes. She was the VP for 3.5 years. The natural assumption is that she took part in the governing with Biden during that time? Those are things she put her name and efforts behind.

I gave you my thoughts. Then I posed an easy question you chose to ignore. You have no response?

You don't want to talk about those failures, so I'll ask and let you pick the topic-

What do you think she was she responsible for and done a good job on?

Or can I assume from your name calling and evasive responses mean you don't have an answer and want to put some significant space between Harris her time in office and Biden's record?
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:57 pm

1. Immigration Czar

So Kamela Harris was responsible for the Southern Border, Abortion Legislation (she is responsible for the Supreme Court decision) and Voting Rights. Those are the things you state that she is responsible for? Other than serving as the Border Czar like that failed drug Czar, I am not sure what the VP was responsible for…nor do I care. You brought up her “responsibilities for 3.5 years”…not me. How old are you? 14?
Yes. She was the VP for 3.5 years. The natural assumption is that she took part in the governing with Biden during that time? Those are things she put her name and efforts behind.

I gave you my thoughts. Then I posed an easy question you chose to ignore. You have no response?

You don't want to talk about those failures, so I'll ask and let you pick the topic-

What do you think she was she responsible for and done a good job on?

Or can I assume from your name calling and evasive responses mean you don't have an answer and want to put some significant space between Harris her time in office and Biden's record?
You make a jack out of yourself….the role of a VP is to stand ready if the President can’t serve. The VP’s role is to govern, other than voting to break a tie in the senate? You should be able to read like I can:

What are three responsibilities of the vice president?

The extent of the roles and functions of the vice president depend on the specific relationship between the president and the vice president, but often include tasks such as drafter and spokesperson for the administration's policies, adviser to the president, and being a symbol of American concern or support.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”