The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:10 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:42 pm Show indie voters what you're all about. Tell them what you think. You've certainly opened eyes here at the forum.

You'll do anything to keep from discussing issues....Trump's Platform thread has zippo posts. You're not even pretending to care.
I know what Trump's platform is, what his policies are, what they were & what he did in his first term, & what he would do in another term.
There's no point in discussing them here. Do you think anyone in this forum will change their mind ?

It doesn't matter. imho = Trump is toast. Even if he changes the way he campaigns, it's too late. He's blown it.
The country wants younger & change. Not enough voters care about policy to make a difference.
Kamala's last minute emergence, Hollywood makeover & MSM coddling will protect her from having to seriously engage on the issues.
She'll just continue to promise stuff she'll never be able to get through Congress. The Congressional elections will determine our future.
Trump has lost the women's vote, the way he criticizes women & due to Roe. He blew GA when he went to Atlanta to settle personal scores.
From here on out, since Biden stepped down, it's all white noise.
I just don't like watching veterans misrepresent & exploit their service for political gain.
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 1c46711999

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 235045483/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... -veterans/

https://www.npr.org/sections/politicalj ... blumenthal
Good ! I'm pleased that fakers & posers are being outed. This should serve as a deterrent.
Have you written to your senior Senator about this ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:10 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:42 pm Show indie voters what you're all about. Tell them what you think. You've certainly opened eyes here at the forum.

You'll do anything to keep from discussing issues....Trump's Platform thread has zippo posts. You're not even pretending to care.
I know what Trump's platform is, what his policies are, what they were & what he did in his first term, & what he would do in another term.
There's no point in discussing them here. Do you think anyone in this forum will change their mind ?

It doesn't matter. imho = Trump is toast. Even if he changes the way he campaigns, it's too late. He's blown it.
The country wants younger & change. Not enough voters care about policy to make a difference.
Kamala's last minute emergence, Hollywood makeover & MSM coddling will protect her from having to seriously engage on the issues.
She'll just continue to promise stuff she'll never be able to get through Congress. The Congressional elections will determine our future.
Trump has lost the women's vote, the way he criticizes women & due to Roe. He blew GA when he went to Atlanta to settle personal scores.
From here on out, since Biden stepped down, it's all white noise.
I just don't like watching veterans misrepresent & exploit their service for political gain.
https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm ... 1c46711999

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 235045483/

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads ... -veterans/

https://www.npr.org/sections/politicalj ... blumenthal
Good ! I'm pleased that fakers & posers are being outed. This should serve as a deterrent.
Have you written to your senior Senator about this ?
No. You did.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Walz didn’t want to be a sucker…

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Is that the Laugh In laugh track?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm I know what Trump's platform is, what his policies are, what they were & what he did in his first term, & what he would do in another term.
:lol: He has SEVERAL new initiatives. You don't care.

And I've already told you I agree with a few of them. Again, you don't care. You don't care about policy....you care about what your media feed tells you to care about, and you dutifully move from R story of the week, to R story of the week.

Your media feed will stop talking about Walz. And when they do? You'll "forget" about this story, just like you forget about every issue that you're TOLD to "care" about.
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm Kamala's last minute emergence, Hollywood makeover & MSM coddling will protect her from having to seriously engage on the issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We are LITERALLY discussing her platform on the thread. Right now. So's the media....most ripping her comments about gouging shreds.

Your mind is gone. Can you make even ONE post that doesn't sound like transcripts from the Sean Hannity show? You went from being able to discuss ideas and issues, to pull-the-string Republican Barbie doll.
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm She'll just continue to promise stuff she'll never be able to get through Congress.
Yeah. That's what Presidents do....naturally, you don't notice this when it's Trump's turn.

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm I just don't like watching veterans misrepresent & exploit their service for political gain.
:lol: Right. Show us one single Republican Vet who you've gone after for page after page like you've gone after Walz.

You just told us....out loud...that Vance signed up to avoid combat in Iraq. Not one single word from you about how he shouldn't be throwing stones at Walz, because he was too much of a sissy to sign up for combat.

This is about the letter R. I have no clue who you think you're fooling here with your nonsense.
Last edited by a fan on Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:22 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm I know what Trump's platform is, what his policies are, what they were & what he did in his first term, & what he would do in another term.

And I've already told you I agree with a few of them. Again, you don't care. You don't care about policy....you care about what your media feed tells you to care about, and you dutifully move from R story of the week, to R story of the week.

Your media feed will stop talking about Walz. And when they do? You'll "forget" about this story, just like you forget about every issue that you're TOLD to "care" about.
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm Kamala's last minute emergence, Hollywood makeover & MSM coddling will protect her from having to seriously engage on the issues.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We are LITERALLY discussion her platform on the thread. Right now.

Your mind is gone. Can you make even ONE post that doesn't sound like transcripts from the Sean Hannity show? You went from being able to discuss ideas and issues, to pull-the-string Republican Barbie doll.
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm She'll just continue to promise stuff she'll never be able to get through Congress.
Yeah. That's what Presidents do....naturally, you don't notice this when it's Trump's turn.

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:56 pm I just don't like watching veterans misrepresent & exploit their service for political gain.
:lol: Right. Show us one single Republican Vet who you've gone after for page after page like you've gone after Walz.

You just told us....out loud...that Vance signed up to avoid combat in Iraq. Not one single word from you about how he shouldn't be throwing stones at Walz, because he was too much of a sissy to sign up for combat.

This is about the letter R. I have no clue who you think you're fooling here with your nonsense.
Brain function has been outsourced to National Review, Washington Examiner, VDH and the FoxNews ticker on the bottom of his TV screen.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nice of the DNC to schedule the current sitting POTUS to Speak opening day of DNC, rather than closing it, and 11pm EST tonight. Democrats have officially shown how they treat people that serve no purpose any longer.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:02 pm Nice of the DNC to schedule the current sitting POTUS to Speak opening day of DNC, rather than closing it, and 11pm EST tonight. Democrats have officially shown how they treat people that serve no purpose any longer.
Can you give us ANY example of an outgoing President speaking on the last day of their party’s convention? Much less the closing speech?

Either party?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Let me help.

Obama was the third night, not last, much less close but even that was criticized as too deep into the convention.

George Bush did not speak at all in 2008.

Clinton was opening night in 2000.

Reagan was opening night in 1988.

Here is a more interesting question, which former Presidents or even candidates for President in general election have or will show up to speak for their party’s candidate this year? How about 2020? Or 2016?
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:55 pm Let me help.

Obama was the third night, not last, much less close but even that was criticized as too deep into the convention.

George Bush did not speak at all in 2008.

Clinton was opening night in 2000.

Reagan was opening night in 1988.

Here is a more interesting question, which former Presidents or even candidates for President in general election have or will show up to speak for their party’s candidate this year? How about 2020? Or 2016?
The Democratic National Convention will open in Chicago on Monday, with President Biden speaking in prime time as he passes the torch to Vice President Kamala Harris.

Driving the news: Convention organizers released night-by-night themes and speaker details on Sunday morning. One speaker who's not on the official agenda but Axios has confirmed will take the stage on Tuesday: former First Lady Michelle Obama.

Monday, "For the People": Biden and Dr. Jill Biden speak, along with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a welcome from Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson.
Tuesday, "A Bold Vision for America's Future": Former President Obama plus second gentleman Doug Emhoff, with a welcome from Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker.
Wednesday, "A Fight for Our Freedoms": Vice presidential nominee Tim Walz delivers his acceptance speech, preceded by former President Clinton, Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (per CNN).
Thursday, "For Our Future": Harris accepts the convention's nomination for president.
Other speakers include Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries.

Former President Carter's grandson, Jason Carter, is expected to speak on behalf of his grandfather, who has said he hopes to stay alive long enough to vote for Harris.

https://www.axios.com/2024/08/18/dnc-sp ... bama-biden
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:55 pm Here is a more interesting question, which former Presidents or even candidates for President in general election have or will show up to speak for their party’s candidate this year? How about 2020? Or 2016?
I'm assuming no Republican presidents have ever endorsed Trump?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:22 pm :lol: Right. Show us one single Republican Vet who you've gone after for page after page like you've gone after Walz.

Which (R) pol did I miss who misrepresented his service ? Never heard of the guy from Ohio that TLD just linked.

I told you that Vance enlisted in the Marines knowing the odds were that he'd deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan.
Typical Lax Dad

I saw Walz walking out of that store one day.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Walz
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:22 pm

You poor baby. Nobody will get dragged down the time sinkhole into one of your phoney debates.
I'll forget about Walz when new info about his military service stops coming out.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:12 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:22 pm :lol: Right. Show us one single Republican Vet who you've gone after for page after page like you've gone after Walz.

Which (R) pol did I miss who misrepresented his service ? Never heard of the guy from Ohio that TLD just linked.

I told you that Vance enlisted in the Marines knowing the odds were that he'd deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan.
Derp Derp Derp.

Dems are bad.

Return to “POLITICS”