Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
spidey44

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by spidey44 »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:04 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 5:08 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:26 pm The bigger issue is the coaches have gone all in on Chepenik as the face of the team and she might be their third or fourth best attack. Her and her dad won’t like that. Could be one of the reasons team implodes this year. Going to be interesting to watch.
FWIW, when they played in fall ball, she was primarily a feeder, in a C Wurtz kinda role. Problem is that in settled play, USF doesnt have the athletes to get open on cuts.

In all of the USF discussion, what hasn't been touched on enough is USF's Loyola Marymound style of play. It worked at Jacksonville to an extent when USF had better athletes than most of its opponents until it got to the NCAA. Then they had to play more of a slower paced game and they generally got outclassed .
USF had a really good 2025 class in my opinion. A few of those kids will be able to thrive in he offense you describe. Also they recruited an attacker who will be switched to middie. You may be right for this year but I expect three to four of those 2025s to start and play well unless they hit the portal next year and get better players. Still going to be fascinating to see. I can’t wait to see what happens September.

And yes. If the rumors are correct, they will have a few moms to go along with Cheps dad.
Enquiring minds want to know! lol...
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

spidey44 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:37 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:26 pm The bigger issue is the coaches have gone all in on Chepenik as the face of the team and she might be their third or fourth best attack. Her and her dad won’t like that. Could be one of the reasons team implodes this year. Going to be interesting to watch.
FWIW, when they played in fall ball, she was primarily a feeder, in a C Wurtz kinda role. Problem is that in settled play, USF doesnt have the athletes to get open on cuts.

In all of the USF discussion, what hasn't been touched on enough is USF's Loyola Marymound style of play. It worked at Jacksonville to an extent when USF had better athletes than most of its opponents until it got to the NCAA. Then they had to play more of a slower paced game and they generally got outclassed .
USF had a really good 2025 class in my opinion. A few of those kids will be able to thrive in he offense you describe. Also they recruited an attacker who will be switched to middie. You may be right for this year but I expect three to four of those 2025s to start and play well unless they hit the portal next year and get better players. Still going to be fascinating to see. I can’t wait to see what happens September.

And yes. If the rumors are correct, they will have a few moms to go along with Cheps dad.
And some of their 25 parents are even worse than the 24 ones
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:00 pm

Let me just say this. In my experience, most of the really bad parents have a similar profile.
)1 From a lax hotbed,
2) From a top club team (though often a B team)
3) play on a college team outside the top 25.
4) Have a kid that played middie in club/high school but is moved to another position
5) Parent believes current team is beneath them and are shocked their daughter isn't the star of the team
SweeptheLeg

Post by SweeptheLeg »

Being in the area I was able to see them play twice. The problem had zero to do with athletes who could get open for cuts. USF simply played an offense with no rhythm and little motion. It was mainly 1v1 on set offenses, which worked against weak teams, but won’t against better ones. I was really surprised by their lack of an offensive scheme. I’ve seen youth teams install better offenses.

For a team that was supposed to be the Loyola Marymount of lacrosse I rarely saw fast transitions. They even let the shot clock runout a few times. Totally head scratching. Their team seemed to lack speed with the exception of a few players. The lack of athleticism hurt them on transitions and fast breaks, not cuts. If you create unsettled situations cutters will be open all day. If all players do is go 1v1 they take away cutting and passing lanes and draw defenses into a packed 8. I’ll be interested in seeing if USF gets the athletes to run and gun. I’ve heard Bedford was the mastermind of the Jacksonville offense, so we will see.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:00 pm

And some of their 25 parents are even worse than the 24 ones
Yep. I was referring to 25s. 😁
Djkhalid

Post by Djkhalid »

SweeptheLeg wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:01 pm

Being in the area I was able to see them play twice. The problem had zero to do with athletes who could get open for cuts. USF simply played an offense with no rhythm and little motion. It was mainly 1v1 on set offenses, which worked against weak teams, but won’t against better ones. I was really surprised by their lack of an offensive scheme. I’ve seen youth teams install better offenses.

For a team that was supposed to be the Loyola Marymount of lacrosse I rarely saw fast transitions. They even let the shot clock runout a few times. Totally head scratching. Their team seemed to lack speed with the exception of a few players. The lack of athleticism hurt them on transitions and fast breaks, not cuts. If you create unsettled situations cutters will be open all day. If all players do is go 1v1 they take away cutting and passing lanes and draw defenses into a packed 8. I’ll be interested in seeing if USF gets the athletes to run and gun. I’ve heard Bedford was the mastermind of the Jacksonville offense, so we will see.

I would be concerned too. The fast break isn’t there vs good teams. When they have to play 7v7 I think they will struggle as the offense guy isn’t really a lax guy and will struggle. Pressure all passers and make them dodgers and they won’t score much. They don’t have the athletes to win their 1v1 dodges. It will take a few years and an offense person to move them forward.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

I’m in the minority here. I think they’re gonna be fine. Will they compete with Top 20. Hell No. But they should be able to have a good winning first season. Probably going to have an OOC schedule like Clemson did. Depending on schedule I could see 12-6 even though from what I’ve seen, the 2024s are lackluster. I know Bedford gets the props for the offense but Jax didn’t look so good last year as well. We shall see. Then when the 2025s get there It will be a different team no doubt. Expect a few portals as well.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:04 pm I’m in the minority here. I think they’re gonna be fine. Will they compete with Top 20. Hell No. But they should be able to have a good winning first season. Probably going to have an OOC schedule like Clemson did. Depending on schedule I could see 12-6 even though from what I’ve seen, the 2024s are lackluster. I know Bedford gets the props for the offense but Jax didn’t look so good last year as well. We shall see. Then when the 2025s get there It will be a different team no doubt. Expect a few portals as well.
My guess is their non-conference schedule looks something like this

UF
Mercer
High Point
Elon
ECU
Rhode Island
Furman
American
Strictnine

Post by Strictnine »

Djkhalid wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:50 am

I would be concerned too. The fast break isn’t there vs good teams. When they have to play 7v7 I think they will struggle as the offense guy isn’t really a lax guy and will struggle. Pressure all passers and make them dodgers and they won’t score much. They don’t have the athletes to win their 1v1 dodges. It will take a few years and an offense person to move them forward.
The latest transfer from CCU is a good dodger, most of her goals appear to be unassisted. She should be a big help in opening up things on the O-end and should allow George and Chep and others to get more open/FP and cutting looks.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

laxfan9999 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:18 pm I watched EMU play a few times in person this year and they didn’t have any players to bring for the ACC play. It will be interesting as a lot of coaches struggle when they move up the ladder as they are used to finding 1 and 2 star caliber players who they can coach up. They aren’t used to going after the top 100 players in each class. This is part of the problem at Louisville as the coach was used to finding players and coaching them up.
I think Teeter’s real problem is he’s missing the star assistant that helped lift his former program up. But that’s just me.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Strictnine wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:42 pm
Djkhalid wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:50 am

The latest transfer from CCU is a good dodger, most of her goals appear to be unassisted. She should be a big help in opening up things on the O-end and should allow George and Chep and others to get more open/FP and cutting looks.

McClure is a good get for SF. She’s had a solid career, having followed the staff from Furman to CCU. Will be interesting to see how the chemistry works out.
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

Any updates on transfers for BC? I am shocked they haven’t picked up anybody…
laxmenow

Post by laxmenow »

Here is the next update on transfer portal activity TO D1 Lacrosse programs (updates since last version in bold):

New School Name (Former School, Position YR)
Albany Kimaura Schindler (Xavier D SO)
Boston Univ Zoe Inglis (Merrimack G SO)
Bryant Isabelle Planchet (Virginia Tech M JR)
Butler Paris Alexander (Cincinnati A,M SR)
Butler Kate Mullee (Wofford M SO)
Butler Emma Palmer (George Mason A SO)
Butler Riley Ryan (Manhattan M JR)
Butler Kate Stigsell (Old Dominion A JR)
Canisius Alexandra Czapukaitis (Mercer D GR)
Central Conn Skye Gaudio (Monroe CC A SO)
Cincinnati Gillian Smith (Old Dominion M SO)
Cincinnati Sophia Passa (Longwood A JR)
Clemson Bridget Babcock (Cornell M GR)
Clemson Lexi Edmonds (Penn A GR)
Clemson Maggie Jordan (Richmond M SR)
Clemson Lindsey Marshall (Towson A GR)
Clemson Bryce Pfundstein (Ohio State D GR)
Coastal Carolina Grace Lord (Lasalle D JR)
Connecticut Tori Cini (Holy Cross G GR)
Connecticut Meghan Lane (Hamilton D GR)
Cornell Kathleen Michaud (California A SO)
Denver Maddie Montgomery (William Smith M GR)
East Carolina Emma Magazu (UNH D SR)
E Michigan Payton Bloedow (Stony Brook M SR)
Fairfield Katherine Zanelli (Ohio State A JR)
Florida Jordan Basso (Gettysburg M GR)
Florida Cali Bishop (Louisville M JR)
Florida Jennifer Markey (Syracuse M GR)
Furman Taylor Bank (George Wash. A SO)
Furman Madigan Brewer (UMBC G JR)
Furman Skylar Hilmar (E Michigan M JR)
Furman Alessandra Moore (E Michigan M SO)
Furman Josie Mundell (C Michigan M SO)
Furman Rachel Ward (American M SO)
Gardner Webb Summer Carpenter (Delaware St D SO)
George Washington Katie Fullowan (Gettysburg A GR)
George Washington Caroline Sullivan (Gettysburg M GR)

Georgetown Hanna Bishop (Wash & Lee A GR)
Georgetown Rosie McCarthy (Dartmouth M GR)
High Point Jaidyn Donley (Stony Brook M JR)
High Point Bella Germani (Stony Brook M JR)
High Point Ella McKay (Elon A SO)
High Point Kate Prentice (Xavier M SO)
High Point Eva Thorn (Stony Brook M SO)
High Point Haley Urban (South Florida A SO)
Hofstra Avery Lanzarotta (Stetson G SO)
Hofstra Angela Sparacio (Quinnipiac A SR)
Holy Cross Ava Moran (South Florida M SO)
Howard Sawyer Walker (Xavier A SO)
Johns Hopkins Lacey Downey (Boston College M SO)
Lasalle Emi Waldron (Sacred Heart A JR)
Lehigh Gracie Shoup (Ohio State A SO)
Lindenwood Lucia Selander (Butler A JR)
Lindenwood Aislinn Sweeney (Albany G GR)
Loyola Ava Kane (Rutgers A JR)
Loyola Lauren Lam (Hofstra M SO)
Manhattan Julia Harvey (Merrimack D JR)
Manhattan Maya Metz (Robert Morris A JR)
Marquette Devon Ortman (Colorado College D GR)
Maryland Caroline Ross (Butler D JR)
Maryland Caroline Smith (Butler G GR)
Massachusetts Lauren Carey (Old Dominion D GR)
Massachusetts Dylan Lyons (New Hampshire A SO)
Massachusetts Claire Smith (Stonehill G GR)
Mercer Sofia D'Angelo (Loyola A JR)
Monmouth Kate Carolonza (Rutgers A GR)
Mount St Marys Ella Curci (Winthrop D JR)
Mount St Marys Jamie Fedorjaka (Bucknell D GR)
Mount St Marys Maddie Malfa (Winthrop A SO)
North Carolina Sarah Gresham (Virginia Tech M JR)
North Carolina Nicole Humphrey (USC M GR)
North Carolina Olivia Vergano (Virginia Tech A SR)
Northwestern Niki Miles (Penn A GR)
Northwestern Jordan Miles (High Point A SR)
Northwestern Jaylen Rosga (Maryland M JR)
Ohio State Isabelle Osborn (South Florida A SO)
Ohio State Jocelyn Torres (Virginia Tech G JR)
Old Dominion Kayleigh Flanegan (Stetson M JR)
Old Dominion Alexandria Kulinski (Jacksonville M SR)
Old Dominion Lydia Laney (Xavier M SO)
Old Dominion Olivia Scott (George Mason D SR)
Old Dominion Hannah Shaddock (Mass Lowell G JR)
Orgeon Bri Carrasquillo (Yale M GR)
Penn State Lily Strohecker (Navy D SO)
Pittsburgh Aidan Carr (Colorado A SO)
Quinnipiac Ava Clemson (Butler M SO)
Rhode Island Makayla Au (Xavier D SO)
Rhode Island Caitlin Dellacave (Stony Brook A GR)
Rhode Island Katie Karoly (Wingate D JR)
Rhode Island Samantha MacDonald (High Point M GR)
Rhode Island Casey Phelps (Hofstra G JR)
Rhode Island Mia Sheldon (Coastal Carolina D GR)
Richmond CC Jacobs (Oregon M SO)
Richmond Victoria Rankin (San Diego St M JR)
Robert Morris Summer Boone (Presbyterian M SO)
Rutgers Lexie Coldiron (Lafayette G GR)
Sacred Heart Melina Lange (F&M M SO)
Sacred Heart Margaret Morgan (Cortland G JR)

Sacred Heart Sydney Saba (Xavier D JR)
St Josephs Kate Kaptrosky (Butler M JR)
San Diego St Talie Richardson (Central Conn M SR)
San Diego St Matty Spaeth (Boston U A SR)
San Diego St Carly Sullivan (Pitzer N GR)
Siena Samantha Spieler (Merrimack M SR)
South Florida Caroline Gallagher (Cabrini D GR)
South Florida Sydney McClure (Coastal Carolina M GR)
South Florida Mikaela Ness (Missouri West St M SR)
South Florida Paige Pagano (Jacksonville G GR)
Stonehill Julia Kogan (Xavier M JR)
Stony Brook Roksana Debicka (Post M SO)
Stony Brook Ava Mark (LIU D SO)
Stony Brook Riley McDonald (Longwood A GR)
Stony Brook Braden Siverson (Bucknell M SO)
Stony Brook Charlotte Wilmoth (UMass A GR)
Syracuse Ava Peers (Louisville D SO)
Temple Kendall Lally (Virginia Tech D JR)
Towson Cameron Levine (Johns Hopkins D GR)

UC Davis Gabby Torres (Colorado College M JR)
UNC Charlotte Keira Armitage (Xavier D JR)
UNC Charlotte Morgan Badger (Longwood D SO)
UNC Charlotte Bella Burke (St Francis D JR)
UNC Charlotte Aubrey Chopper (Robert Morris D SO)

UNC Charlotte Gianna Cutaia (Penn State D GR)
UNC Charlotte Kylie Gioia (Cincinnati A SR)
UNC Charlotte Sammie Giroux (Pitt M GR)
UNC Charlotte Katie Kornacki (Stetson M SR)
UNC Charlotte Katherine Ling (Niagara G JR)
UNC Charlotte Hailey O'Donoghue (Fla So. D JR)
UNC Charlotte Ally Prasinos (Louisville M JR)
UNC Charlotte Claire Schotta (Virginia Tech A GR)
UNC Charlotte Isa Torres (Virginia Tech M JR)
USC Reese Robinson (Rutgers M SO)
USC Casey Roberts (Ohio State M JR)
Vanderbilt Maddie Barkate (Harvard M GR)
Vanderbilt Caelan Jones (Oregon G SO)
Vanderbilt McKenna Harden (UNC M SO)
Vanderbilt Alexandra Moss (Hofstra D JR)
Vanderbilt Jackie Norsworthy (Florida M SR)
Vanderbilt Katie Poretsky (Stony Brook D GR)
Vermont Carley Vernon (Coastal Carolina G JR)
Virginia Lara Kology (Florida D JR)
Virginia Tech Madison Broyhill (S Florida A SO)
Virginia Tech Jody Chu (Canisius G JR)
Virginia Tech Caroline Doffermyre (Mercer D JR)
Virginia Tech Kate Elam (George Mason A GR)
Virginia Tech Evan Johnston (Syracuse D GR)
Virginia Tech Aaliyah Jones (Stony Brook G GR)
Virginia Tech Emma Rowland (Old Dominion M JR)
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

BC has announced three transfers.

A Mia Mascone (Brown >> BC)
M Maria Themelis (Penn >> BC)
D Morgan Smith (Penn >> BC)
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

uncfan1013 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:35 pm BC has announced three transfers.

holy cow these are great additions! Mia?!?? That attack is looking strong!
MDstateMan

Post by MDstateMan »

Did the Drexel Goalie end up staying? I believe she led the NCAA in save %, would be a huge get for a team trying to fill a hole.
intheknow247

Post by intheknow247 »

BC >> Transfer U
ultravisitor

Post by ultravisitor »

MDstateMan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:12 pm Did the Drexel Goalie end up staying? I believe she led the NCAA in save %, would be a huge get for a team trying to fill a hole.
I think I read that she’s staying.
njbill

Post by njbill »

These are all Ivy grads so technically not transfers. My understanding is 2024 Ivy grads have an extra year of eligibility (which they can't use at an Ivy) due to the washed out 2021 Covid season in the IL.
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

Great stuff by Laxmenow on the Transfer list. Also using the Inside Lacrosse list of portal entries, you can get some pretty good numbers on most active schools. School summary cutoff used below was 4 as that represents over 10% of roster for most schools. I am not in the recruiting process, but if my daughter was, I would want to understand the target schools and what their transfer activity looks like.

Teams with 4 or more transfer out: 11- Xavier, 8 - Virginia Tech, 7 - Stony Brook / Butler and ODU, 6 - Eastern Michigan & Longwood, 5 - South Florida / Gardner Webb & George Mason, 4- Ohio State, Louisville, Oregon, Robert Moriss, Rutgers, Stonehill, Youngstown State.

Most active incoming transfers: 13 - UNC Charlotte, 7 - Virginia Tech, 6 - Vanderbilt / Rhode Island / Furman, High Point, 5 - Butler, Clemson, Stony Brook and ODU, 4 - South Florida

And then looking at incoming transfers to last year final top 20 teams. 5- Stony Brook, 3 – BC, Northwestern, Florida, UNC. 2 – Maryland, Loyola, 1 – Cuse, Virginia, JHU, Denver, Penn St, 0 – Michigan, Yale, Penn, Notre Dame, Princeton, JMU, Stanford & Navy.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”