~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: ~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:14 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:07 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:51 pm She said it here: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/1 ... h-00174112

Seems last time we wanted the gov't to control pricing......
We already do that. Have been for decades.

And many States have anti-gouging laws on the book, my man.

So....now what? Is your party going to get rid of the price controls and the Farm Bill and let the (snicker) free market work?

Or is the plan to keep pretending you don't support that, and throw stones at Dems for doing the same thing you and your party has supported for DECADES.

Been asking you chaps to kill the Farm Bill for YEARS now, and let rural Americans deal with the same market forces them lazy city folk have to deal with....
It’s interesting that people are actually buying the right wing claptrap that battling price gouging is the same as prce fixing. It’s not remotely close but it doesn’t stop idiots from calling it communism.

CEOs in their investor calls bragged about their “pricing power” with consumers as costs fell, enabling margin expansion. Moreover, there’s all sorts of signaling competitors which allows tacit collusion to keep prices higher even as other costs fall or moderate.

What is being proposed is to be able to challenge such situations and fine egregious such.

This effort needs to only be with the largest players who have such power and profits, say $100 million in annual profits or more.

Behavior will change, no price fixing.
Well, first I have to apologize to YA.....forgot for a second he left the R party. Apologies, lost my head there.

That said.....the rest stands. The R party has been claiming in the media that this is communism. Great news...then let's stop ALL of the fiddling in the free market.
No need to apologize, but thank you.

More intel and discussion on the matter, rather than calling people idiots and claiming to have all the answers, unless MD is working for Kamala and has laid out her plan: https://x.com/RobertMSterling/status/18 ... 8008391127
Uhhhh..that's the perspective of .01%er who wants his Monopolies left alone. So he builds a strawman that has NOTHING to do with what Kamala has mentioned. And then declares that America will burn down.

His solution is........what, exactly?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

JDouchebag Vance said this on FauxNews today

"Giving Kamala Harris control over inflation policy, it's like giving Jeffrey Epstein control over human trafficking policy."

Who's is going to clue him in as to whose plane (and it's former owner) the campaign is using? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris- ... eid=UNIQID

A midnight national poll by WaPo/ABC:

Harris leads Trump 51% to 45% (among likely voters).

In a full-field test, she leads 49% to 45% among LVs.

Favorability ratings (RVs, I think):
Harris 45/44
Trump 35/57.

Brand new ABC News poll out this am has Harris up 6 over Trump among likely voters. Independents have moved from Trump up by 4 to now Harris up by 11!. Harris favorability is 45/44, net +1. Trump favorability is 35/57, net -22! He is lower today than when he lost in 2020.

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/182513538313630530

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris- ... =112865487

ABC poll has Harris winning the election on the strength of strong margins on mental and physical health, honesty, and values.

Trump still favored on the economy & immigration.

AND:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... psos-poll/

Dunno why tRump leads on economics issue since he screwed the economy and Biden built it back up. But again, this only shows popularity ratings, not electoral college numbers. We shall have to wait until the election for those numbers.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:35 pm JDouchebag Vance said this on FauxNews today

"Giving Kamala Harris control over inflation policy, it's like giving Jeffrey Epstein control over human trafficking policy."

Who's is going to clue him in as to whose plane (and it's former owner) the campaign is using? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ever since Trump‘s plane has been in the shop, he has been flying on the Lolita Express 1. Now that Vance’s plane is out of commission, has anyone told him he is now flying on the Lolita Express 2?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:35 pm JDouchebag Vance said this on FauxNews today

I hope the charter company disinfected the plane when they bought it.

Great reporting there, Jimmy Olsen

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... ein-plane/
The Miami Herald discovered that the plane's serial number matched that of a plane of the same type, the Gulfstream G550, that was registered to one of Epstein's companies in 2018. However, the Herald found that the plane that Trump chartered was not the so-called "Lolita Express" plane, which Epstein reportedly used to traffic underage girls. Epstein sold that plane in 2017 and it has since been destroyed.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Trump: We're using Epstein's Jet. But it's ok because it's not the really bad one. It's just one that we (well you) don't know what the hell happened on it.

And oh yeah, all those photos of Trump and Epstein, and the child rape lawsuit and all the flight logs Trump was on and Trump wishing Maxwell well and saying Epstein was a terrific guy and Epstein suicided himself in a Barr prison and Barr hired Epstein's dad and on and on and on... No biggie.

They really couldn't double check the plane owner before buying it? Like basic due diligence to avoid it being a story during a major election?

Any plane owned by that monster is a Lolita Express.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:55 pm

The Miami Herald discovered that the plane's serial number matched that of a plane of the same type, the Gulfstream G550, that was registered to one of Epstein's companies in 2018. However, the Herald found that the plane that Trump chartered was not the so-called "Lolita Express" plane, which Epstein reportedly used to traffic underage girls. Epstein sold that plane in 2017 and it has since been destroyed.
I never mentioned Lolita Express only that the plane the campaign was using was once owned by Epstein. In refererence to JDouchebag's stupid comments about Epstein.

Perry White, you're not. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:47 am

I never mentioned Lolita Express only that the plane the campaign was using was once owned by Epstein. In refererence to JDouchebag's stupid comments about Epstein.

That is what you were implying until Old Salt caught you red handed in your deception. ✊
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:49 am

That is what you were implying until Old Salt caught you red handed in your deception. ✊
Thx Kreskin.
Mind reading isn't your forte.....obviously. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come to think of it, regular reading isn't either. :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:57 am

Thx Kreskin.
Mind reading isn't your forte.....obviously. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come to think of it, regular reading isn't either. :oops:
You would have to have a mind first for me to read. :D I'm just calling out your bullchit because you got busted by Old Salt. That must bust your buttons.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:25 am

Thx Kreskin.
You would have to have a mind first for me to read. :D I'm just calling out your bullchit because you got busted by Old Salt. That must bust your buttons.
Sure thing Cowboy!!! Nice to see your incisive mind at work again here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:25 am

Thx Kreskin.
Sure thing Cowboy!!! Nice to see your incisive mind at work again here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why don't you try to be honest when you post and not try to bullchit people... paleface. 8-)
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:33 am Why don't you try to be honest when you post and not try to bullchit people... paleface. 8-)
Notable coming from a big time bullchitter like you kemosabe. :oops:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:58 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:09 pm Image
There’s a lot of open mouths there.
Better for “hugs”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:11 pm https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris- ... eid=UNIQID

A midnight national poll by WaPo/ABC:

Harris leads Trump 51% to 45% (among likely voters).

In a full-field test, she leads 49% to 45% among LVs.

Favorability ratings (RVs, I think):
Harris 45/44
Trump 35/57.

Brand new ABC News poll out this am has Harris up 6 over Trump among likely voters. Independents have moved from Trump up by 4 to now Harris up by 11!. Harris favorability is 45/44, net +1. Trump favorability is 35/57, net -22! He is lower today than when he lost in 2020.

https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/182513538313630530

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris- ... =112865487

ABC poll has Harris winning the election on the strength of strong margins on mental and physical health, honesty, and values.

Trump still favored on the economy & immigration.

AND:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... psos-poll/

Dunno why tRump leads on economics issue since he screwed the economy and Biden built it back up. But again, this only shows popularity ratings, not electoral college numbers. We shall have to wait until the election for those numbers.
Nah, that's just the convention bump according to MAGA world...wait, D convention hasn't happened yet.

Must have been the R convention?

There's a huge amount of effort left to bring this home and I continue to see Harris as more vulnerable to the downside than Trump, but they're certainly executing well whereas Trump world is imploding with middle of the road voters.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I'm also partial to Chuck Taylor low tops footwear as well. I still have a pair of reds from high school. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As cool as Obama was never saw him in a pair of them. :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:50 am I'm also partial to Chuck Taylor low tops footwear as well. I still have a pair of reds from high school. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As cool as Obama was never saw him in a pair of them. :lol: :lol:
Red high top Chuck Taylors bring back memories…..my best friend reminded me of the day we first met back when we were in the 5th grade. We were standing outside a recreation center waiting for it to open for the first day of basketball tryouts. My now best friend said I had on a full length light blue winter coat with dark blue fur around the collar. I still remember it. I had on a buffalo bills winter hat and a brand new pair of red Chuck Taylors hanging over my shoulder…..I noticed him looking at them and I said to him…. “You like my shoes don’t you? You wish you had a pair!”…. He said he thought to himself who the Fkcu is this guy… :lol: :lol: :lol: We still laugh about it. My mother had taken me downtown to buy them earlier that day because we had tryouts…I believe they were on sale for like $12.99.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:39 am Nah, that's just the convention bump according to MAGA world...wait, D convention hasn't happened yet.

Must have been the R convention?

There's a huge amount of effort left to bring this home and I continue to see Harris as more vulnerable to the downside than Trump, but they're certainly executing well whereas Trump world is imploding with middle of the road voters.
Will be interesting to see how the protests will be reported and what impact (if any) they may have on the polls. I was on a youtube chat yesterday and some speculated that the tRump campaign is financing the protests in order to discredit the DNC. After all, where were the protestors during the RNC?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 1:51 pm She said it here: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/08/1 ... h-00174112

So....now what? Is your party going to get rid of the price controls and the Farm Bill and let the (snicker) free market work?

Or is the plan to keep pretending you don't support that, and throw stones at Dems for doing the same thing you and your party has supported for DECADES.

Been asking you chaps to kill the Farm Bill for YEARS now, and let rural Americans deal with the same market forces them lazy city folk have to deal with....
It’s interesting that people are actually buying the right wing claptrap that battling price gouging is the same as prce fixing. It’s not remotely close but it doesn’t stop idiots from calling it communism.

CEOs in their investor calls bragged about their “pricing power” with consumers as costs fell, enabling margin expansion. Moreover, there’s all sorts of signaling competitors which allows tacit collusion to keep prices higher even as other costs fall or moderate.

What is being proposed is to be able to challenge such situations and fine egregious such.

This effort needs to only be with the largest players who have such power and profits, say $100 million in annual profits or more.

Well, first I have to apologize to YA.....forgot for a second he left the R party. Apologies, lost my head there.

That said.....the rest stands. The R party has been claiming in the media that this is communism. Great news...then let's stop ALL of the fiddling in the free market.

More intel and discussion on the matter, rather than calling people idiots and claiming to have all the answers, unless MD is working for Kamala and has laid out her plan: https://x.com/RobertMSterling/status/18 ... 8008391127
Uhhhh..that's the perspective of .01%er who wants his Monopolies left alone. So he builds a strawman that has NOTHING to do with what Kamala has mentioned. And then declares that America will burn down.

More idiots, according to MDLAX...... this time from the NYT: https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/1825350258110439711
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:30 am
a fan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 5:32 pm

More idiots, according to MDLAX...... this time from the NYT: https://x.com/kylenabecker/status/1825350258110439711
Well, someone needs to tell this Canuck that not only does America ALREADY have price controls in place for many commodities.....so does his home country.

If you're going to throw stones, that's cool....but come at it from a position of knowing what the F you're talking about.

Return to “POLITICS”