Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Hunter Biden Tinfoil issues

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:51 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:27 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:19 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:10 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:45 pm It's relevant because access to the Big Guy was being sold to foreign interests.

I've followed the investigations & prosecutions of the Trumps with equal interest.

If you don't like me posting news about Hunter's prosecution, you don't need to read it.
Just scroll on by. There won't be an exam. What makes you think I seek a "chat" with you about it ?
It's amusing to see all the evidence that you dismissed or mocked validated & entered into the record by a US Attorney.
Yeah, sure. Exactly which Orange Fatso scams were you all over like Hunter?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
As usual, you're full of it.
Instead of bitching, you should have read all the Andy McCarthy articles I posted about Trump's litigation.
Defending Trump, attacking Dems?
Andy's the master deflector, the ultimate whataboutism guy.
If Andy McCarthy and you ever debated face to face I would bet the farm and then some with Andy wiping up the floor with you on every point you tried to make. You might dislike him but as a lawyer he is a member of the silver tongued devils club. After all what is any top notch highly paid lawyer than a bullchit artist extraordinare?
As I make no claim to be a "bullchit artist extraordinaire" I'll agree that he's exactly that. Fast talking and 'knowledgeable' for sure, but that doesn't make him anything more than a"silver tongued" advocate for right wing think...yes, "devil"...
I sorta admire McCarthy as much as I admire any lawyer. Perhaps BS artist is the wrong terminology. Any good lawyer can mesmerize and persuade people to their perspective on an issue. FTR there is an abundance of far left lawyers that do the exact same thing that Andy McCarthy does. Do they get a pass in your book? :) I also have to respect my nephews opinion in regards to AM. He is a Cornell grad and also a graduate of New York University Law School as is AM.
I don't like extremists of any stripe, nor their apologists.
I like plenty of lawyers personally.

McCarthy is a right wing shill...that's how he butters his bread, pretending to not be extreme, much less stupid and extreme, yet giving air cover to extremists.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:12 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:45 pm It's relevant because access to the Big Guy was being sold to foreign interests.

I've followed the investigations & prosecutions of the Trumps with equal interest.

If you don't like me posting news about Hunter's prosecution, you don't need to read it.
Just scroll on by. There won't be an exam. What makes you think I seek a "chat" with you about it ?
It's amusing to see all the evidence that you dismissed or mocked validated & entered into the record by a US Attorney.

Instead of bitching, you should have read all the Andy McCarthy articles I posted about Trump's litigation.
If Andy McCarthy and you ever debated face to face I would bet the farm and then some with Andy wiping up the floor with you on every point you tried to make. You might dislike him but as a lawyer he is a member of the silver tongued devils club. After all what is any top notch highly paid lawyer than a bullchit artist extraordinare?
As I make no claim to be a "bullchit artist extraordinaire" I'll agree that he's exactly that. Fast talking and 'knowledgeable' for sure, but that doesn't make him anything more than a"silver tongued" advocate for right wing think...yes, "devil"...
I sorta admire McCarthy as much as I admire any lawyer. Perhaps BS artist is the wrong terminology. Any good lawyer can mesmerize and persuade people to their perspective on an issue. FTR there is an abundance of far left lawyers that do the exact same thing that Andy McCarthy does. Do they get a pass in your book? :) I also have to respect my nephews opinion in regards to AM. He is a Cornell grad and also a graduate of New York University Law School as is AM.

McCarthy is a right wing shill...that's how he butters his bread, pretending to not be extreme, much less stupid and extreme, yet giving air cover to extremists.
So you have no opinion about the far left wing shills who work due diligence on the other networks to convey a far left wing message to the American people. Let me just hazard a wild guess...that's different. 8-)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

McCarthy is a completely unimpressive hack.

Preet Bahrarra would destroy him in two minutes.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:12 pm

So you have no opinion about the far left wing shills who work due diligence on the other networks to convey a far left wing message to the American people. Let me just hazard a wild guess...that's different. 8-)
I just said I don't like extremists or those who shill/apologize, for them.
I have nothing against lawyers personally, nor professionally for that matter...there are good and bad in every profession, line of work. Even yours, right?

If you want to be specific about someone you think is comparably dishonestly shilling for the left that McCarthy does on the right, I'll express a specific opinion about them.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I disagree with you that AM is dishonest. Your interjecting your opinion of the man. Unless you have proof of his dishonesty on an ethical level. The one name that sticks out on me from the far left is Andrew Weissman who is MSNBCs legal pitbull. I don't listen to any cable news networks so I don't listen to him personally. I have an instinctual feeling he is about to become St Andrew once you tell me all about him. :D
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Weissman is, like McCarthy, very partisan, but tethered enough to reality and the law as to make them seem creditable. Weissman is smarter than McCarthy.

The worst is Turley, who is a complete piece of sh@t, a poor lawyer, with the depth of a driveway puddle.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 6:24 pm

I disagree with you that AM is dishonest. Your interjecting your opinion of the man. Unless you have proof of his dishonesty on an ethical level. The one name that sticks out on me from the far left is Andrew Weissman who is MSNBCs legal pitbull. I don't listen to any cable news networks so I don't listen to him personally. I have an instinctual feeling he is about to become St Andrew once you tell me all about him. :D
I know nothing about a person but I know everything about them. Dope
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:57 am

Aren't we in a good mood this morning. I'm guessing you haven't had your Lucky Charms yet? :D
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:00 am

Aren't we in a good mood this morning. I'm guessing you haven't had your Lucky Charms yet? :D
They are f**king magically delicious
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:31 am

Leprechauns don't lie.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:31 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:31 am

Leprechauns don't lie.
https://youtu.be/JlMrP4Ofmdk?si=LCVrV87YuS47zyNv
old salt

Post by old salt »

Now that the NY Times has turned on the Big Guy, they've discovered Hunter's laptop,
I smell a Pulitzer here.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/13/us/p ... mpany.html

Hunter Biden Sought State Department Help for Ukrainian Company
After President Biden dropped his re-election bid, his administration released records showing that while he was vice president, his son solicited U.S. government assistance.

By Kenneth P. Vogel, Reporting from Washington, Aug. 13, 2024

Hunter Biden sought assistance from the U.S. government for a potentially lucrative energy project in Italy while his father was vice president, according to newly released records and interviews.
The records, which the Biden administration had withheld for years, indicate that Hunter Biden wrote at least one letter to the U.S. ambassador to Italy in 2016 seeking assistance for the Ukrainian gas company Burisma, where he was a board member.
Embassy officials appear to have been uneasy with the request from the son of the sitting vice president on behalf of a foreign company.
“I want to be careful about promising too much,” wrote a Commerce Department official based in the U.S. Embassy in Rome who was tasked with responding.
“This is a Ukrainian company and, purely to protect ourselves, U.S.G. should not be actively advocating with the government of Italy without the company going through the D.O.C. Advocacy Center,” the official wrote. Those acronyms refer to the United States government and a Department of Commerce program that supports American companies that seek business with foreign governments.

Abbe Lowell, a lawyer for Mr. Biden, said his client “asked various people,” including the U.S. ambassador to Italy at the time, John R. Phillips, whether they could arrange an introduction between Burisma and the president of the Tuscany region of Italy, where Burisma was pursuing a geothermal project.
“No meeting occurred, no project materialized, no request for anything in the U.S. was ever sought and only an introduction in Italy was requested,” Mr. Lowell said in a statement, calling the outreach by Mr. Biden a “proper request.”

The State Department did not release the actual text of the letter.
A White House spokesman said the president was not aware when he was vice president that his son was reaching out to the U.S. Embassy in Italy on behalf of Burisma.

The department’s release of documents to The New York Times came shortly after President Biden dropped out of the presidential race, and as his son prepares to stand trial next month on charges of evading taxes on millions of dollars in income from Burisma and other foreign businesses.

Hunter Biden has not been charged with violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act, or FARA, which requires people to disclose when they lobby the U.S. government on behalf of foreign interests.

In a court filing last week, in what was perceived as a pressure move, prosecutors indicated that they did not intend to add a FARA charge, but noted that they had evidence that Mr. Biden had reached out to the State Department on behalf of a different foreign client, a real estate magnate facing corruption charges in Romania. Mr. Biden did not register under FARA as a lobbyist for the Romanian developer or Burisma.

His outreach to the U.S. Embassy in Rome on behalf of Burisma, which has not been previously reported, echoes other episodes for which he has been criticized for implicitly leveraging his father’s political clout to try to advance his foreign business.

The embassy outreach was revealed in emails released by the State Department to The Times in response to a request for public records from officials at the U.S. Embassy in Romania related to efforts by Mr. Biden and other Americans to assist the real estate developer. One of the officials named in the request had worked for the State Department in Italy before being assigned to the embassy in Romania.

The request was initially filed under the Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, in June 2021. After nearly eight months, the State Department had not released any records, and The Times sued. About 18 months later, the department moved to close the case after releasing thousands of pages of records — none of which shed light on Hunter Biden’s outreach to the U.S. government.

The Times challenged the thoroughness of the search, noting that the department had failed to produce responsive records contained in a cache of files connected to a laptop that Mr. Biden had abandoned at a Delaware repair shop. The department resumed the search and periodic productions, but had produced few documents related to Mr. Biden until the week after his father ended his re-election campaign and endorsed Vice President Harris for the Democratic nomination.

A State Department spokeswoman suggested that the timing was coincidental, noting that the department had released batches of documents in each of the last three months, before the tranche revealing Mr. Biden’s outreach to the U.S. Embassy in Rome.
A person familiar with the timing said the release of the Italy documents was planned by the State Department weeks before the president announced his decision and was cleared by the White House the week before Mr. Biden decided to drop out.

The State Department is notoriously slow when it comes to releasing public records. Its backlog of nearly 19,000 FOIA requests — some of which date back many years — at the end of fiscal year 2022 was the third largest in the federal government, according to a report issued by the Government Accountability Office this year.
The department’s productions are overseen by a growing team of career public servants, not political appointees. All of that makes it unlikely that the department could have timed the release of potentially damaging records to President Biden’s decision to drop out of the race, since that news was closely held until the last minute.

Still, the records are likely to fuel suspicion among Republicans, who had spent years spotlighting the younger Mr. Biden’s foreign business as a blotch on his father’s political career. They claimed validation when prosecutors hinted at Hunter Biden’s exposure last week.
“This is, I think, the biggest political corruption scandal in our history’s lifetime,” Representative James R. Comer, a Kentucky Republican and the chairman of the Oversight and Accountability Committee, said on Newsmax last week after the prosecutors’ filing about Mr. Biden’s outreach for his Romanian client.

While Mr. Comer’s committee had released a number of reports chronicling Hunter Biden’s work for foreign companies, it did not produce any evidence related to his outreach to the U.S. Embassy in Italy.
A Burisma official did not respond to a request for comment.
A businessman involved in the project said the outreach was undertaken at the request of Burisma when the company or its partners were having trouble securing regulatory approval for a geothermal energy project in Tuscany.
The difficulty is reflected in emails, found in Mr. Biden’s laptop cache, from one of his associates to an Italian businessman who claimed to have ties to Enrico Rossi, the president of the Tuscany regional government at the time.

“Burisma is hoping that some of its executives can get a meeting with the president to discuss their geothermal business in Tuscany,” Eric Schwerin, a longtime business partner of Hunter Biden’s, wrote in an email to the Italian businessman in July 2016, attaching a letter that Mr. Biden wrote to Mr. Rossi. Around the same time, Mr. Biden was asking Mr. Phillips, the U.S. ambassador, to reach out to Mr. Rossi, according to the State Department records and interviews.

“The Ambassador already replied to one letter from Mr. Biden,” the Commerce Department official wrote in an email to other U.S. government officials. “He may be shopping for more support than he got here,” the official added.
Mr. Rossi said in an interview that he never met with Mr. Biden. He did not recall the U.S. Embassy reaching out to him about the project.

While Mr. Biden’s letter to the ambassador is referred to in the correspondence, The Times was unable to review its contents because the State Department appears to have redacted it in its entirety. The department cited exemptions allowing the withholding of records that would compromise individual privacy, attorney client privilege or the government’s deliberative process.
In an interview, Mr. Phillips said he did not remember Mr. Biden writing to him about Burisma, but he said he received a lot of letters.
If Mr. Biden had written him, “I certainly would pay attention to it,” he said. “Out of courtesy, I’d probably make sure he got a response of some sort, but not necessarily from me. And I wouldn’t even want to encourage it, because I wouldn’t get us involved in something like that.”
He said that he tried to avoid fueling the perception that connected people got special treatment.

Tuscany is known for its access to geothermal power, creating brisk competition for companies seeking to enter the space.
It is not clear whether the U.S. Embassy went to bat for Burisma. The project fizzled before it ever began drilling in Tuscany, according to the person involved in the effort.

Kenneth P. Vogel is based in Washington and investigates the intersection of money, politics and influence. More about Kenneth P. Vogel
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Swell - expanding the yammering quotient for you to one of your other blowhard issues. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:03 pm Swell - expanding the yammering quotient for you to one of your other blowhard issues. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better cancel your NYT subscription. They're just getting started. 25th Amendment is their goal. Make Kamala an incumbent.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:07 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:03 pm Swell - expanding the yammering quotient for you to one of your other blowhard issues. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Better cancel your NYT subscription. They're just getting started. 25th Amendment is their goal. Make Kamala an incumbent.
Oh, any day now, you'll get your man. Keep at it! Maybe give Durham a call, I hear he needs work!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

House committees release lengthy report alleging Biden committed impeachable offenses

NBC News Rebecca Kaplan and Ryan Nobles and Gary Grumbach and Sarah Fitzpatrick and Julie Tsirkin
Updated August 19, 2024 at 5:18 AM

The Republican-led House committees investigating whether to impeach President Joe Biden released their long-awaited report about their findings Monday morning, arguing that Biden has committed impeachable conduct but deferring to the full House on whether to pursue a formal impeachment.

The nearly 300-page report is a summary of the investigation conducted by the House Oversight, Judiciary and Ways and Means committees over the past year and a half, nearly all of which has already been made public.

It argues that Biden enriched himself through his family’s business ventures and concealed his mishandling of classified information in office, the subject of the investigation conducted by special counsel Robert Hur, who declined to press charges this year.

In addition, the committees say that the Justice Department mishandled its investigation into his son Hunter Biden’s tax problems and that the White House has withheld key documents and witnesses from the impeachment investigation.

“The totality of the corrupt conduct uncovered by the Committees is egregious. President Joe Biden conspired to commit influence peddling and grift. In doing so, he abused his office and, by repeatedly lying about his abuse of office, has defrauded the United States to enrich his family,” the report says.

The White House has not yet had the opportunity to comment on this article.

The report itself provides extensive details about the interactions with and payments from foreign companies to Hunter Biden and the president’s brother James Biden and their business associates during the end of his time as vice president and when he was a private citizen.

The investigators put the total at $27 million, according to the bank records they received.

One of the examples the committees cite is the case of Russian businesswoman Yelena Baturina, the wife of former Moscow Mayor Yury Luzkhkov, who invested $3.5 million with Hunter Biden’s business partner Devon Archer through a company that had some ties to Hunter Biden in 2014. The investment was finalized after Hunter Biden’s birthday dinner at Café Milano in Washington, D.C., which Baturina attended and Joe Biden, then the vice president, dropped by. Archer described the conversation in an interview with the Oversight Committee last year as being about “the world, I guess, and the weather, and then everybody — everybody left.”

Later in the year, when another of Hunter Biden’s business partners, Jason Galanis, was seeking further investment from Baturina that would have benefited Hunter Biden through an equity agreement, Hunter Biden called his father and put him on speakerphone, Galanis said. He told the Oversight and Judiciary committees that the short call included some “pleasantries and hellos and safe travels,” after which Joe Biden said, “You be good to my boy,” before the conversation ended. Though the committees present an email from Galanis indicating that Baturina had committed to make an additional investment, it does not indicate it ever happened.

In other parts of the report, the committees provide numerous examples of financial deals between Hunter Biden and Chinese corporations but does not provide direct links to Joe Biden while he was vice president or evidence of specific policies he changed or encouraged during that time. They also point to an example in 2017 when Sara Biden, the wife of the president’s brother James, signed a $40,000 check to Biden designated as “loan repayment” from an account with money that had come into her account through various transfers that originated from Hunter Biden’s dealings with a Chinese energy company.

The committees also point to instances of Hunter Biden’s business associates’ describing a future role in certain business ventures for Joe Biden after his time as vice president ended. In his testimony before the Oversight and Judiciary committees, Hunter Biden denied his father’s involvement or ascribed any references he made to his father to his drug and alcohol use at the time.

In June, the chairmen of the three committees pursuing impeachment sent criminal referrals to the Justice Department recommending that Hunter and James Biden be charged with making false statements to Congress.

Other sections of the report deal with the IRS’ investigation into Hunter Biden’s failure to pay taxes in 2017 and 2018, which began in 2018 during the Trump administration and continued during the Biden administration under the supervision of special counsel David Weiss. Two employees of the IRS came forward as whistleblowers to allege that the Justice Department was purposely slow-walking the investigation. Hunter Biden was offered a plea deal on federal firearms charges that fell apart in court last year, and he was later convicted on those charges at a jury trial this year. He is awaiting trial for his failure to pay taxes later this year.

The report makes no mention of the role of Alexander Smirnov, the possible Russian spy who fed false information about Hunter and Joe Biden to the FBI. Smirnov, who has also been charged with making false reports about the president’s son by Weiss, is scheduled to go on trial in December.

“Although the Committees’ fact-finding is ongoing amid President Biden’s obstruction, the evidence uncovered in the impeachment inquiry to date already amounts to impeachable conduct. The Committees present this information to the House of Representatives for its evaluation and consideration of appropriate next steps,” the report concludes.

The impeachment inquiry was announced in September by Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., then the House speaker, and formally ratified by the House in December in a party-line vote.

It’s unclear that Republican leadership would have enough votes to impeach Biden, and in any event, impeachment would be all but certain to fail to meet the two-thirds bar for conviction in the Senate. Senate Democrats, who hold a 51-49 edge, can vote to dismiss an impeachment inquiry with a simple majority.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup, they never found actual bribery of Joe, nor any sort of actual quid pro quo.

They found all sorts of slimy, but legal, behavior by others, but never managed to link to Joe directly.

Despite how many years of effort?

It's a huge (should be embarrassing) flop of an investigation.
But it served its real purpose, right?

Have they even proposed ANY legislation against the sorts of slimy behaviors that are alleged to have taken place?

Nah, that would be a YUGE problem for Trump and his family and very likely for themselves.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:06 am Yup, they never found actual bribery of Joe, nor any sort of actual quid pro quo.

They found all sorts of slimy, but legal, behavior by others, but never managed to link to Joe directly.

Despite how many years of effort?

It's a huge (should be embarrassing) flop of an investigation.
But it served its real purpose, right?

Have they even proposed ANY legislation against the sorts of slimy behaviors that are alleged to have taken place?

Nah, that would be a YUGE problem for Trump and his family and very likely for themselves.
Released coincidentally on the first day of the Democratic Convention on a night where Uncle Joe is speaking to the nation.
FauxNews will be all over all day and into tonight.
Garbage in. Garbage out. :oops:
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:58 am “The totality of the corrupt conduct uncovered by the Committees is egregious. President Joe Biden conspired to commit influence peddling and grift. In doing so, he abused his office and, by repeatedly lying about his abuse of office, has defrauded the United States to enrich his family,” the report says.
Should have brought Barr and Wray in to defend their incompetence for missing these felonies while on the job.
:roll:

Isn 't this cute? Joe broke laws, but the Trump appointed Republicans in the FBI, DoJ and IRS couldn't find any broken laws.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:17 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:58 am “The totality of the corrupt conduct uncovered by the Committees is egregious. President Joe Biden conspired to commit influence peddling and grift. In doing so, he abused his office and, by repeatedly lying about his abuse of office, has defrauded the United States to enrich his family,” the report says.
Should have brought Barr and Wray in to defend their incompetence for missing these felonies while on the job.
:roll:

Isn 't this cute? Joe broke laws, but the Trump appointed Republicans in the FBI, DoJ and IRS couldn't find any broken laws.
"impeachment was never meant to be the final forum for American justice. [...] We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one." - Mitch McConnell about why he acquitted Trump

Indeed, let the justice system cook if Biden did anything wrong. It's what Republicans have preached before.

Return to “POLITICS”