The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2024

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:07 pm Walz played the same game as Kerry, exaggerating & embellishing his military experience.
They were both caught out by fellow vets who threw the BS flag on them.
No amount of spin, smoke, vitriol, counterattacks, diversions or whataboutisms can change the facts.
As a campaign issue, this is not going away.

The childish attacks on Vance just serve to highlight the difference between a man who enlisted knowing that he would likely have to deploy to a war zone, & then fullfilled his duty, vs a man who chose to avoid deployment to a war zone, after he had assumed a critical position in his unit & had begun wearing a higher rank, that he had yet to fully earn. Then after retirement, he continued to seek & enjoy the prestige of that higher rank & position, which he did not fully earn, exploiting his exaggerated service for political gain. Thank you for your service, Master Sergeant Walz.
For the record, NONE of Kerry's accusers were actually present for ANY of the incidents wherein citations were given. NONE.
Shades of lying don't cut it except to you perhaps. :oops: Those are the FACTS. Yours are part of the original BS.

Read it for yourself

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kerr ... ontroversy

more about the dirtbags here - they were discredited - funny never heard about any of this from Old Saltine who is still at to this day - so kindly SHOVE IT SAILOR. :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Vet ... _for_Truth

Sadly, we live in a country where it is SOP to denigrate the military service of ANY person running for office and often include veterans. :oops:
They did it to Bob Kerrey as well back in 2001 and he wasn't running for ANYTHING. He was accused by a single fellow soldier who wanted his help to get MoH and was angry over not getting one.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:07 pm

The childish attacks on Vance just serve to highlight the difference between a man who enlisted knowing that he would likely have to deploy to a war zone, & then fullfilled his duty, vs a man who chose to avoid deployment to a war zone, after he had assumed a critical position in his unit & had begun wearing a higher rank, that he had yet to fully earn. Then after retirement, he continued to seek & enjoy the prestige of that higher rank & position, which he did not fully earn, exploiting his exaggerated service for political gain. Thank you for your service, Master Sergeant Walz.
What a schidty twist that is, salty, you put a real R twist to it.
No, Vance did not know that he would likely have to deploy
to a war zone, there's a big difference between likely and
possibility. I get that using the word likely conjures up an
image of a R who was willing to run toward the guns, but that
doesn't make what you say right. A slimy attempt at hyperbole.
" a man who chose to avoid deployment to a war zone" A real
nice R twist there too. Again, there's a real big difference between
retiring after 24 years because of another calling and aspirations
and avoiding deployment, but avoiding deployment gives it that
nice R twist you're looking for. I get it.
"had begun wearing a higher rank, that he had yet to fully earn"
That's one helluva way to say he was frocked but it sure gives it
a nice R twist, doesn't it?
Thank you for your service? Thanks for further confirming my
thoughts as to the sincerity of most when they say that...shipmate.
Wow.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Trump and his ilk make up smears against combat vets like McCain. Insulting wounded veterans. Suckers and losers type stuff too. They're not gonna think twice about making up smears about a guy like Walz.

They'd make up stuff about Chesty Puller if he were running.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:54 pm

Wow.
Meh. Keep Old Salt talking. Let everyone see how he thinks. Helps explain Trumpism, and what happened to grandfathers all over America.

It's why it makes perfect sense to Old Salt to keep going after Walz, all while never, not once, expressed disgust in what Trump has said about vets and McCain.

Watch the next FoxNation bone that's thrown. You'll hear about it from Old Salt first, and he is "coincidentally" offended by the same thing FoxNation told him to be offended by. And when FoxNation stops running pieces? "Coincidentally'", that's when OS will stop posting about it.

That's all you're seeing here. This isn't a poster. This is a bullhorn.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:50 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:30 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:05 pm
Doubt Biden makes it through his first term,
I will take the bait, what do you know that we don't?

What makes you ask this? You can't see ANY basis at ALL for realistically asking that question? Or is it, you DON"T WANT to see it as a realistic question, because it challenges your narrative. I'm betting that's the more likely reasoning here.

Joe
Joe has a few more months to hang on.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:20 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:07 pm Walz played the same game as Kerry, exaggerating & embellishing his military experience.
No amount of spin, smoke, vitriol, counterattacks, diversions or whataboutisms can change the facts.

For the record, NONE of Kerry's accusers were actually present for ANY of the incidents wherein citations were given. NONE.
Shades of lying don't cut it except to you perhaps. :oops: Those are the FACTS. Yours are part of the original BS.

Read it for yourself

more about the dirtbags here - they were discredited - funny never heard about any of this from Old Saltine who is still at to this day - so kindly SHOVE IT SAILOR. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sadly, we live in a country where it is SOP to denigrate the military service of ANY person running for office and often include veterans. :oops:
They did it to Bob Kerrey as well back in 2001 and he wasn't running for ANYTHING. He was accused by a single fellow soldier who wanted his help to get MoH and was angry over not getting one.
Other Swift Boats with their officers, were in company with Kerry in several of the combat actions they cited.
He was onboard with his training officer in the incident which prompted him to submit himself for his first purple heart.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Wow.
When Walz deployed to Italy, he was a Master Sergeant serving as the First Sergeant of his unit.
When they returned, he was offered a temporary promotion to SM & offered the position of CSM of his unit,
to become permanent & for pay purposes upon completion of the CSM Academy required course work.
Upon accepting permanent promotion to E-9 & assignment as a CSM, he would incur an additional 3 years of obligated service.
As soon as his unit returned from Italy, they were told to begin preparing for likely deployment to Iraq.
Walz accepted the temporary promotion & continued serving, without completing the course work for E-9/CSM, without incurring further obligated service, which would have entailed deployment to Iraq. If Walz was not willing to deploy to Iraq & remain on duty an additional 3 years, he should not have accepted the temporary promotion & position of CSM.

My "spin "is charitable compared to that from his replacement as CSM , his Brigade CSM, & their CO, who had to find a replacement for Walz shortly before they had to depart for pre-deployment training. If Walz intended to retire rather than deploy to Iraq, he should have continued as a MS First Sergeant & submitted his retirement when his unit was told to prepare for deployment to Iraq, allowing his chain of command to appoint a CSM who would organize, train & deploy with the unit. That would have been the honorable way to keep faith with his fellow soldiers in their unit.

Vance volunteered for the MOS of Combat Correspondent at a time when Marines were deployed in combat zones in both Iraq & Afghanistan.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:21 pm Vance volunteered for the MOS of Combat Correspondent at a time when Marines were deployed in combat zones in both Iraq & Afghanistan.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He CHOSE to not be in combat, removing the chance he'd fight????

Sweet. Keep talking. This just gets better and better. Tell us more about how he didn't bail on those who were stuck in combat....while Walz let the side down according to you and your buds.

You've convinced me. I'm not voting for the guy who let someone else fight for him. I guess I was wrong to think that Vance and Walz served their countries well, when it turns out that when you dig deeper, both men are bigger cowards than Trump.

Boy, the things you learn here, right?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Abc Ipsos poll.

Waltz +9 favorable. Vance -10 unfavorable.

The voters have decided.

Salty Swiftboat is an annoying doofus who should stfu and go away. With all due respect, of course.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:56 pm Keep sliming vets with your childish games because you think you're getting to me.
I'm not sh1ttalking Vance. I'm decoding his political BS & pointing out the facts. Too bad that you don't like those facts.
I think this would qualify as trolling. Harassment as a minimum. Please, stop.
a fan

Post by a fan »

admin wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 10:00 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:56 pm Keep sliming vets with your childish games because you think you're getting to me.
I'm not sh1ttalking Vance. I'm decoding his political BS & pointing out the facts. Too bad that you don't like those facts.
I think this would qualify as trolling. Harassment at a minimum. Please, stop.
Done. Thank you for your forum.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:51 pm Abc Ipsos poll.

Waltz +9 favorable. Vance -10 unfavorable.

The voters have decided.

Salty Swiftboat is an annoying doofus who should stfu and go away. With all due respect, of course.
You don't think that Old Salt is clever enough to understand that this SwiftBoating is hurting Vance's chance, do you?

Even though everyone here is disgusted by his behavior, he thinks everything thinks like he does....especially indie voters like me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 9:21 pm

Wow.
When Walz deployed to Italy, he was a Master Sergeant serving as the First Sergeant of his unit.
When they returned, he was offered a temporary promotion to SM & offered the position of CSM of his unit,
to become permanent & for pay purposes upon completion of the CSM Academy required course work.
Upon accepting permanent promotion to E-9 & assignment as a CSM, he would incur an additional 3 years of obligated service.
As soon as his unit returned from Italy, they were told to begin preparing for likely deployment to Iraq.
Walz accepted the temporary promotion & continued serving, without completing the course work for E-9/CSM, without incurring further obligated service, which would have entailed deployment to Iraq. If Walz was not willing to deploy to Iraq & remain on duty an additional 3 years, he should not have accepted the temporary promotion & position of CSM.

My "spin "is charitable compared to that from his replacement as CSM , his Brigade CSM, & their CO, who had to find a replacement for Walz shortly before they had to depart for pre-deployment training. If Walz intended to retire rather than deploy to Iraq, he should have continued as a MS First Sergeant & submitted his retirement when his unit was told to prepare for deployment to Iraq, allowing his chain of command to appoint a CSM who would organize, train & deploy with the unit. That would have been the honorable way to keep faith with his fellow soldiers in their unit.

Vance volunteered for the MOS of Combat Correspondent at a time when Marines were deployed in combat zones in both Iraq & Afghanistan.
You've said nothing new here, salty, and there's no sense in continuing on.

Vance volunteered for the MOS, or it was one of the MOSs in the pool he could choose from as dictated by his ASVAB score?
I'm not thinking volunteering and choosing are synonymous.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:48 pm

Read it for yourself

Other Swift Boats with their officers, were in company with Kerry in several of the combat actions they cited.
He was onboard with his training officer in the incident which prompted him to submit himself for his first purple heart.
NONE of them actually witnessed the things they said occurred. They were discredited. Read the links above. No mention of any training officer. STOP already. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Read it for yourself

Correct, that is when he had a scratch from fragmentation from his own hand grenade. What type of sailor accepts a purple heart because they were stupid.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:40 am

Read it for yourself

NONE of them actually witnessed the things they said occurred. They were discredited. Read the links above. No mention of any training officer. STOP already. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
They were only discredited by you. The only folks that know for certain what happened were the sailors on Kerrys boat and the sailors on the other boats. Was there a statement from the VC nobody was aware of?
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:23 am

Read it for yourself

They were only discredited by you. The only folks that know for certain what happened were the sailors on Kerrys boat and the sailors on the other boats.
Read the links (multiple) I posted - It isn't just me. All of his crews support his story. Again, read the links I posted

Hate Kerry all you want for the things he actually did and said. No need to make things up to have that discussion.

more here
https://www.npr.org/2024/08/09/nx-s1-50 ... z-jd-vance
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:27 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:23 am

Read it for yourself

They were only discredited by you. The only folks that know for certain what happened were the sailors on Kerrys boat and the sailors on the other boats.
Read the links (multiple) I posted - It isn't just me. All of his crews support his story. Again, read the links I posted

Hate Kerry all you want for the things he actually did and said. No need to make things up to have that discussion.
Having actually thrown hand grenades it really is hard to get hit by fragmentation from your own grenade. Two things you do when you throw a grenade especially when your around your own people. You shout grenade and then you hit the deck. Perhaps it is possible that Kerry was never trained in the fine art of chucking a hand grenade. Once that handle releases and the fuse activates you have 3 to 5 seconds before boom time. If you want to go really Hollywood you can cook the grenade off. That is something you only do when you don't want to give the bad guys a chance to chuck your own grenade back atcha.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:53 am
OCanada wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:37 am
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:39 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:55 am
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:33 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:49 am Nice that you’re working overtime to disparage another serviceman. Such a surprise.
I'm surprised by what's coming to light & the MSM isn't ferreting it out.
I was working overtime to dig up factual evidence that defended Walz. I gave him every benefit of the doubt.
I admired his story & was looking to validate it. He didn't need to embellish it. He apparently served admirably.
Looks like I may have gotten out over my skis. His campaign press kit ? I can't believe Holder missed that or thought they could deny it.
obtw -- after you serve two years, your pension increases 2,5%/yr. It dovetails nicely with a career as a school teacher or member of Congress or state legislator.
Sorry, but you really are completely full of sh*t. And you know it, and everyone here knows you know it.

The benefit of the doubt would be simply to credit the fact that he served for 24 years, rather than getting on the subjective swift boat train that you have boarded. Will you be talking about Trump's service? About his relentless lying and gaslighting to work his way into becoming the Commander-in-Chief of folks like Walz? About his debasing treatment of women and people of color in the course of his lifetime? About his mockery of veterans? About his mockery of disabled people? About his blindingly obvious diminished and diminishing mental acuity? About his astonishingly demented "press conference" yesterday?

“And don’t forget they sell hats.”
Big difference between Kerry & Walz. Unlike Swift boats, no combat duty involved, no fabrications or exaggerations to earn combat awards. Walz served admirably.

Trump's non-service is irrelevant, unless you include everyone of his generation who was 4F or used a student deferment.

Vance has never implied that he saw combat. He did deploy to a war zone & was at risk as a result. He does not brag about his weapons training or that he carried a rifle when embedded & operating "outside the wire"...even though Every Marine is a rifleman.

Walz is a master communicator. That's why he's a VP candidate. As a HS social studies teacher, HS FB Coach, & a Master Sergeant (E-8) functioning as a Command Sergeant Major (E-9 assignment) he knows how to explain his service in a way that can't be misconstrued that he saw combat duty, deployed to Afghanistan, or was not aware of his unit's coming deployment to Iraq when he elected to retire.
I would not call it Stolen Valor.
Totsl BS. No equivalence at all,

To be clear Walz was retired before the order to his unit was received. Vance is a POS. His Hillbilly elegy is pretty much a fraud. He is a chameleon for sale.
There are people in the chain of command in his unit that were aware in November that the unit was scheduled to be deployed. That will be looked at by both sides quite differently. The retired SM was in no way obligated to deploy and I respect his decision to retire when he did. There is also a part of me that wishes he had chosen to do so. He was never obligated to deploy and I can honestly understand why. He had decided it was time to end his military career and move on to something else.
Almost correct.

Given the war was dragging on and on, of course there were rumors that another deployment could be happening at some future point, but no one knew when and no one knew where. Walz had already deployed once because of the war, just didn't happen to be in the combat zone. Left his family and school behind to serve when called. After 24 years, well beyond retirement age for pension, having stayed in post 9-11, Walz felt a desire to serve his country in a different way, as encouraged by his students. He made that decision way before any sort of sharpening of expected timing of a future deployment, much less location, was available. And he wrestled for a bit with the question as to whether he could fairly campaign for Congress if he was going to get called to deploy, regardless of where. He realized he needed to do formal retirement because of that choice.

One thing that seems a bit lost is that Walz opposed the war in Iraq, thought it was mistake. Part of his decision to go to Congress was to be able to speak against continuing in that war. He says he felt he could do more for the country in that role than continuing in the Guard. Whether one agrees with that view or not, it's an entirely honorable position.
An he was right.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Return to “POLITICS”