Yale
8%
Other
15%

Total votes: 97

pcowlax

Re: Transfer Poll - Chris Gray

Post by pcowlax »

Jennifer Connelly went to Yale (along with Jodie Foster, Meryl Streep and many others). I’ll take her and Portman over Ms. Granger any day
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Duke. Great academics. Always in Final Four Hunt. Tix to Duke Basketball games. Awesome campus.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

To those who think Chris will be attracted to their school based upon celebrity alumni, Cornell doesn't take a back seat to anyone. We have Ann Coulter, Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher and Bill Nye The Science Guy!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 am Jennifer Connelly went to Yale (along with Jodie Foster, Meryl Streep and many others). I’ll take her and Portman over Ms. Granger any day
Ooh, connelly is another one on my “it my wife tragically died and then the world turned upside down I’d make a move list” (along with Jennifer garner and Olivia Wilde). And given her ties to Paul Bethany, another reason to hate the British.

Ann coulter??? Well leave Pete Davidson for that.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

If he's more interested in weather than celebrity alums then he may want to stay away from Ithaca....
Averages only 155 sunny days per year and there's some type of precipitation an average of 159 days per year. That's pretty depressing particularly considering its isolated location and chilly temps. South Bend is another dreary place with an average of only 172 sunny days per year, but at least ND has an indoor facility.... As a former Cornellian once told me, "the worst winter I lived through was my senior spring at Cornell".
Boston, Providence, Philly, New Haven and Durham all have an average of 200 or more sunny days per year which is essentially the average across the US.
May be more relevant to his decision than celebrity alums, but who knows.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

I wish the young man well. I suspect he won't make his decision based on info posted by a bunch of lax geeks.
QuakerSouth

Post by QuakerSouth »

^ This.
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

And Cornell has Eddie Marinaro! :)

Interesting that Brown is at the top since my perception that is more liberal arts oriented, as opposed to business oriented.

Other votes are surprising to me because I thought that the list covers most of the possibilities. I am aware of two votes for Hobart (another liberal arts oriented school) in other, but anyone who voted other int to shed some light on which schools are in the other count?

Does location matter? Do Gray's parent(s) want him close enough to see him play? Maybe that answers why Brown since it is reachable via drive-ferry-drive?

Any suggestions on adding a school to replace some of the one vote ones?
“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are...." John Wooden
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 am Jennifer Connelly went to Yale (along with Jodie Foster, Meryl Streep and many others). I’ll take her and Portman over Ms. Granger any day
Hopkins can offer Hallie Jackson (NBC News and MSNBC).

Hubba hubba.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

DALaxDad wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:39 am I wish the young man well. I suspect he won't make his decision based on info posted by a bunch of lax geeks.
Truth, but it is all intended in good fun. Hopefully, no one is offended by the poll or the posts.
“The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.” Vince Lombardi
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are...." John Wooden
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

I took other to mean the whole rest of the field.

While not an academic improvement, it would be interesting if Gray went to Syracuse. Desko can probably scrape together a good scholarship. He could wear #22. Syracuse is a pretty talented team already, but could really use a star. The addition of Gray would probably give them a very good chance of making the final four.
Everybody is always raving about the new teams in the final four, unfortunately they have moderate sized fan bases. What if next year, you had say 3 traditional powers ride into the final four: Syracuse with their new star attackmen Gray, UVa with Aitken, Kraus, Moore,... UMd with Bernhardt, Wisnauskas, Fairman... Teams loaded with offensive fire power and large fan bases. How would this change the attendance at the final 4? It would be interesting to see.

Michigan is a school that could be viewed as an academic improvement over BU.
Live Free or Die!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve got Syracuse or Utah pegged for Munro. Gray I still like princeton as a dark horse (Sowers and Gray seems like enough to be in the final four, might dilute each other w respect to tewaarton considerations) along with georgetown,but it’s hard to deny that duke seems like a front inner.
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

Cooter wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:17 pm I took other to mean the whole rest of the field.
The intent was to capture a specific school that wasn't on the list, instead of none of the above. Imperfect process but it has been intriguing.
Michigan would meet the academic part, but it seems like there is also lacrosse angle too.
Thanks to everyone who voted and those who will vote. Open until June 14th.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

laxpere wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:57 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:17 pm I took other to mean the whole rest of the field.
Michigan would meet the academic part, but it seems like there is also lacrosse angle too.
Harvard?????
Live Free or Die!
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

Cooter wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:00 pm
laxpere wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:57 pm
Harvard?????
It is an option on the poll unless I made a mistake when I added Maryland and took off Stays at BU. I did think about making Harvard with Coach Polley. :lol:
Last edited by laxpere on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Hubba hubba.

DocBarrister ;)
So the list is: herminie (Brown), Jennifer Connolly (yale) and Natalie Portman (Harvard), and you’re throwing up Hallie Jackson? Good luck.
laxpere

Post by laxpere »

Chousnake wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:16 pm Cornell and Penn have two of the top undergraduate business schools in the nation - Wharton and Dyson. Notre Dame has a very good undergrad program as well(Mendoza) as does UVA (McIntire) Michigan and Georgetown also have good undergrad business programs. I know Dyson takes transfers, but I'm not sure about the other schools. I think McIntire at UVA requires you to enroll junior year so I'm not sure how it works with transfers. If he is looking for a career on Wall Street, these appear to be the top options.
From what I can tell far away from Cayuga's waters, Cornell is still very early in the game of developing an undergraduate business school and has a lot of catch up ahead of them. It's hard to tell if Dyson is still part of the Ag School and standalone from the College of Business (what a creative name) or not. Plus, the plans to create of the College of Business were cloaked in secrecy and the end result offended the Hotelie alumni base. Cornell had the marquis Hotel School, and probably still does, but the merger diluted that standing.

Maybe the damage has been repaired, but I am not sure that the placement record is strong enough for Gray, compared to the other schools you mention, especially Wharton. What ever happened to Dutta? Any color on why he left? He seemed to be one of the major benefices of the creation of the College of Business, and his departure was also cloaked in secrecy.

Lacrosse is on the upswing with Milliman, but everyone else in the Ivy League seems to be on the up swing, even Dartmouth. Will Cornell ever be able to catch up with Yale and Penn? CU77, any thoughts on the business school development or lacrosse?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Word on the street....he is coming to Navy, top education spot, DTA (Down Town Annapolis), and Alumni Netowrk unlike any other....will be attending Plebe Summer and will only come if Wellner stays the coach. :o :lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:23 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:43 pm

Hubba hubba.

DocBarrister ;)
So the list is: herminie (Brown), Jennifer Connolly (yale) and Natalie Portman (Harvard), and you’re throwing up Hallie Jackson? Good luck.
Ok ... don’t make me pull out Gertrude Stein. Consider that a shot across the bow. :o

DocBarrister (pulling out the big guns) 8-)
@DocBarrister
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

It's obvious that the season is OVER! An "auctioneers" poll for a transfer is as good a way to spend time until Fall Ball rolls around. ;)

This young man must have blossomed once he arrived at BU.I've watched SWR play my local HS 7 years in a row. SWR is one of the 5 OCC allotments granted by the NYSPHAA.The closest SWR came to beating the locals was in Coach Rotanz's son's senior season.He was a terrific player but couldn't earn his team a victory.

Perhaps Mr.Gray's family moved to SWR after he graduated from a different H.S. school? I never saw a possible "difference maker" playing for SWR since Rotanz.

This year,another highly touted SWR attackman,heading to the ACC scored 124 pts. (62 Gs&62-As).Our local yokels beat SWR 12-5.

I wish Gray godspeed,personal fulfillment and happiness at whichever college he chooses to attend.As i do any other player who's seeks greener pastures.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”