The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2024

Post by ggait »

Direct quote from Salty:

"Regardless, I do not criticize the timing of his retirement decision or contend that he abandoned his soldiers. Nor do I accuse him of stolen valor."

So there's nothing more to talk about.

Please take this to the new thread I started if you want to keep criticizing military service that you say you are not going to criticize.

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:41 am Has anyone seen reporting on the precise official dates of Walz's temporary promotion to Command Sergeant Major & his retirement date, other than that he retired sometime in May 2005 ? I thought I read somewhere that he served as his unit's CSM for 2 years.
Nobody in this forum, other than me, may care to know, but it matters re. his credibility, I'm not claiming that the below is accurate, but I've yet to find documentation or credible reporting that counters this claim. If it's accurate, it's significant. If you don't want to know more, put me on ignore. This story is not going away.

https://x.com/JordanSchachtel/status/18 ... 9229626816
Last edited by ggait on Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:22 am Unlike OS, my stills are running. Gettin' paid and having a nice Sunday.
Is that Colorado time Sunday?
Just askin' cuz it's Saturday everywhere else from sea to shining sea. ;)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:04 pm Direct quote from Salty:

"Regardless, I do not criticize the timing of his retirement decision or contend that he abandoned his soldiers. Nor do I accuse him of stolen valor."

Please take this to a different thread if you want to keep criticizing military service that you say you are not going to criticize.

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:41 am Has anyone seen reporting on the precise official dates of Walz's temporary promotion to Command Sergeant Major & his retirement date, other than that he retired sometime in May 2005 ? I thought I read somewhere that he served as his unit's CSM for 2 years.
Nobody in this forum, other than me, may care to know, but it matters re. his credibility, I'm not claiming that the below is accurate, but I've yet to find documentation or credible reporting that counters this claim. If it's accurate, it's significant. If you don't want to know more, put me on ignore. This story is not going away.

to repeat - the dog and his bone......
Woof! Woof! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:05 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:22 am Unlike OS, my stills are running. Gettin' paid and having a nice Sunday.
One last wack on the dead horse….when a guy says “I played lacrosse as Syracuse”….he is implying that he played on the men’s team, not club lacrosse. It happens all the time. I have run into guys from my alma mater that make that claim until you press them. The “I didn’t say I played varsity” you interpreted that, is horsechit.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:04 pm Direct quote from Salty:

Please take this to the new thread I started if you want to keep criticizing military service that you say you are not going to criticize.

Keep trying to suppress the discussion. It's a legit 2024 campaign issue. It's not going away.
DMac

Post by DMac »

After the units returned to Minnesota in early 2004, Walz was promoted to command sergeant major. He retired the following summer to run for Congress in the First Congressional District in southeastern Minnesota, defeating GOP incumbent Rep. Gil Gutknecht.
This sure sounds like more than 45 days to me despite what capital R Schachtel says.
Last edited by DMac on Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: Seven day work week will do that to a man. Whoops, thanks for the correction. Runnin' peach brandy today. Good day to be in Colorado!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:09 pm
One last wack on the dead horse….when a guy says “I played lacrosse as Syracuse”….he is implying that he played on the men’s team, not club lacrosse. It happens all the time. I have run into guys from my alma mater that make that claim until you press them. The “I didn’t say I played varsity” you interpreted that, is horsechit.
One more whack. My buddy came over yesterday, I asked him if a serviceman tells you he served in Iraq do you interpret that as his implying that he fought in Iraq? Told him nothing about this discussion beforehand and he said no. He didn't misinterpret what was said. He also didn't have an agenda or was looking for a reason to twist that into something it's not.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:28 pm
One more whack. My buddy came over yesterday, I asked him if a serviceman tells you he served in Iraq do you interpret that as his implying that he fought in Iraq? Told him nothing about this discussion beforehand and he said no. He didn't misinterpret what was said. He also didn't have an agenda or was looking for a reason to twist that into something it's not.
It’s not everyone….as you have said yourself.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:13 pm

After the units returned to Minnesota in early 2004, Walz was promoted to command sergeant major. He retired the following summer to run for Congress in the First Congressional District in southeastern Minnesota, defeating GOP incumbent Rep. Gil Gutknecht.
This sure sounds like more than 45 days to me despite what capital R Schachtel says.
Just found this CNN article :
https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/17/politics ... index.html

Marti said that Walz was his first sergeant in their local unit in Minnesota, and they deployed together to Europe in 2003, providing base security while those units were in Iraq.

After returning from the deployment in Europe, Walz was promoted in September 2004 to sergeant major and immediately began serving as command sergeant major of the Minnesota Guard’s 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery.

That would mean he served as a Master Sergeant & First Sergeant until Sept 2004, then as a Command Sergeant Major until retirement in May 2005.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Direct quote from Salty:

Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:37 pm

Marti said that Walz was his first sergeant in their local unit in Minnesota, and they deployed together to Europe in 2003, providing base security while those units were in Iraq.

After returning from the deployment in Europe, Walz was promoted in September 2004 to sergeant major and immediately began serving as command sergeant major of the Minnesota Guard’s 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery.

That would mean he served as a Master Sergeant & First Sergeant until Sept 2004, then as a Command Sergeant Major until retirement in May 2005.
The voters will decide
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:42 pm

The voters will decide
Sadly, that won't stop the dog and his newly discovered bone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woof! Woof!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Which is a whole lot longer than the horseschidt Schachtel, R, is spreading.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:35 pm
Yes, we have agreed on this.
Again, this all started with your saying "I served in Iraq" implies that you fought in Iraq.
You've since said that you should have worded that a little differently. We agree on that too.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Keep trying to suppress the discussion. It's a legit 2024 campaign issue. It's not going away.
Direct quote from Salty:

Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:35 pm
Yes, we have agreed on this.
Again, this all started with your saying "I served in Iraq" implies that you fought in Iraq.
You've since said that you should have worded that a little differently. We agree on that too.
It’s context. Should have qualified it. Nothing is always and nothing is never. I should have been more accurate with my choice of words. I wasn’t implying all the time. You misinterpreted me.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:14 pm
:lol: Seven day work week will do that to a man. Whoops, thanks for the correction. Runnin' peach brandy today. Good day to be in Colorado!
Yup, I get it. On the Intrepid my division worked port and starboard...on at 8 AM off, off at 4 PM, back on at midnight, off at 8 AM....8 on 8 off for however long you're at sea. Try that for awhile, you not only don't know what day it is, you don't know whether it's day or night. Get up and go to the mess decks and you're liable to be having burgers and mashed potatoes for "breakfast", and then bacon and eggs for "supper" when you get off watch. Food on that boat was pretty good...and never a shortage of.
Peach brandy sounds good.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Guys -- Please take it to another thread.

If you want to joust endlessly with Salty about Hunter Biden's lap top, Walz's NG service, Tailhook, Benghazi or butter-emails, there's another place for that.

Thanks.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nobody stopping you from saying what you want to say, ggait, fire away.
It's not unusual, commonplace actually, for a thread to wander off topic
for awhile but they always come back just as this one will. Relax, it'll
all be aright.

Return to “POLITICS”