The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:26 pm And Vance wanted no part of combat. Let someone else do the fighting for him.
That's so weak. What about the service men who fought in his place while he enjoyed the air conditioned rear guard, all while Vance implied he was fighting along side them?

Boy, good thing we're only throwing stones at Veterans, and totally ignoring candidates who didn't serve at all.
That's just BS & you know it. THAT is slandering a Marine who served in a combat zone -- Iraq. He was doing his assigned tasks, within his MOS. He was doing the job he was assigned to do. His base, Al Asad was under attack then & still is now. He went outside the wire to Iraqi villages, embedded in civil affairs teams who were vulnerable to IEDs, snipers, & suicide terrorists. They were in Anbar proviince, the most dangerous part of Iraq at the most dangerous time of the war. The Marines in Anbar took significant casualties at that time.

By playing your stupid games, you are dishonoring the voluntary service of a Marine who served in a combat zone during a dangerous portion of the war. Tell us more about all that you have done to support veterans of that war.
He was a liaison pretending to have fought. He implied he was in combat in Iraq.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:26 pm And Vance wanted no part of combat. Let someone else do the fighting for him.
That's so weak. What about the service men who fought in his place while he enjoyed the air conditioned rear guard, all while Vance implied he was fighting along side them?

Boy, good thing we're only throwing stones at Veterans, and totally ignoring candidates who didn't serve at all.
That's just BS & you know it. THAT is slandering a Marine who served in a combat zone -- Iraq. He was doing his assigned tasks, within his MOS. He was doing the job he was assigned to do. His base, Al Asad was under attack then & still is now. He went outside the wire to Iraqi villages, embedded in civil affairs teams who were vulnerable to IEDs, snipers, & suicide terrorists. They were in Anbar proviince, the most dangerous part of Iraq at the most dangerous time of the war. The Marines in Anbar took significant casualties at that time.

By playing your stupid games, you are dishonoring the voluntary service of a Marine who served in a combat zone during a dangerous portion of the war. Tell us more about all that you have done to support veterans of that war.
He was a liaison pretending to have fought. He implied he was in combat in Iraq.
Vance is clearly a POS like Walz.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:19 pm

Yep. They both are pretending to be something they are not.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:21 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:19 pm

Yep. They both are pretending to be something they are not.
And are apparently and clearly much more horrible that the candidates who never served a day. We should spend more time tearing these vets apart.
Typical Lax Dad

He didn’t say he did not like Trump’s policies.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:38 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:05 pm In early campaign statements, Walz has admitted that e was preparing his unit for deployment to Iraq. They had been given a heads up & told to prepare. It could have always been changed, up until the final order was issued, but they knew what was coming & were told to prepare for it. Walz reached a fork in the road & chose his path forward. He should own it & not allow his campaign & supporters to obfuscate the facts.
How exactly do you have possession and confirmation of all of the "facts" here - were you there?

You claim this all of the time here and hard to believe you know all of the "facts" on every issue you comment on :oops:
I'm going by what Walz said in his first campaign for Congress.
If you're too lazy to find them, that's your problem
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:48 pm

That's just BS & you know it. THAT is slandering a Marine who served in a combat zone -- Iraq. He was doing his assigned tasks, within his MOS. He was doing the job he was assigned to do.
You set the rules, not me. You LOVE the game when it's a Dem and have now spent PAGES throwing stones at Walz....and here you're losing your sh8t when your petty sad game of slagging off a Vet who "implied" he fought in combat" because he's a R.

You're not fooling anyone with your nonsense. Dem Vets are bad. R vets are good. Every single poster have watching you play this sad game over and over and over and over again.

So don't yell at me because YOU told the Forum that it's perfectly reasonable to go after a Vet for what they "implied" about their service.

Next time Walz comes along? STFU after thanking him for his 24 years of service. Not a word.

Or....buckle up buttercup as we apply your BS to (gasp) your precious Republican party.

As for what I do with military charity? Unlike you, I don't ask them if they are a Dem or a Republican before donating. :roll:

You do this to yourself. How many reasonable posters do you need to hear from before you stop doing this. Even Dmac told you to stop with your sh(ttalking with Walz. You paid him no mind.
Keep sliming vets with your childish games because you think you're getting to me.
I'm not sh1ttalking Walz. I'm decoding his political BS & pointing out the facts. Too bad that you don't like those facts.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:43 pm Keep sliming vets with your childish games because you think you're getting to me.
I'm not sh1ttalking Walz. I'm decoding his political BS & pointing out the facts. Too bad that you don't like those facts.
Keep sliming vets with your childish games because you think you're getting to me.
I'm not sh1ttalking Vance. I'm decoding his political BS & pointing out the facts. Too bad that you don't like those facts.
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:50 am I've watched this for many, many years with Vietnam Veteran hat wearers. I know that they (most of them) think that most people are going to think that they're real bad aszez who experienced the likes of Hamburger Hill combat and were lucky to survive because of that hat. A lot of them like to play on people's ignorance...they aint gonna bullschidt me though and they know it a couple of minutes into a conversation (and yes, I will engage with damn near every one of them I see). A couple of years back an old timer pulled up to the grocery store with his MARINES bumper sticker on his car. When he got out I said, uh oh, hide the women and children, the Marines are in town! Turns out he was sniper who did two tours in Vietnam and said he loved it. He was unquestionably the real deal, had a real nice chat with the guy. Sometimes you do run into the guys who actually did do what the ignorant assume all do.
BZ Dmac. Well said. Keep calling out the posers & imposters.

When asked if I served "during Vietnam", I could truthfully reply that I served "during the Vietnam era".

Instead, I reply == "I served while we were at war in Vietnam. I was in the training pipeline to go, but the unit I was headed for began shutting down before I began that training, so I did not serve in the war zone".

I don't wear a Vietnam Veteran ball cap....even though I had to complete SERE school before my first deployment.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:38 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:05 pm In early campaign statements, Walz has admitted that he was preparing his unit for deployment to Iraq. They had been given a heads up & told to prepare. It could have always been changed, up until the final order was issued, but they knew what was coming & were told to prepare for it. Walz reached a fork in the road & chose his path forward. He should own it & not allow his campaign & supporters to obfuscate the facts.
How exactly do you have possession and confirmation of all of the "facts" here - were you there?

You claim this all of the time here and hard to believe you know all of the "facts" on every issue you comment on :oops:
Here ya go Mr Journalist -- is ABC News (using the Wayback machine) mainstream enough for you ?
https://abcnews.go.com/US/walz-previous ... =112833386

Walz has said he decided to retire in 2005 to run for Congress, ...Walz appears to have been aware prior to his retirement that his unit was under consideration for deployment. Shortly after announcing his first run for Congress in March 2005, Walz issued a statement saying his unit had been notified of a "possible partial mobilization," stating that he had a "responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on."

"On Thursday, March 17 the National Guard Public Affairs Office announced a possible partial mobilization of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard," Walz posted to his campaign website in 2005, according to a version viewed by ABC News via the Wayback Machine.

"I do not yet know if my artillery unit will be part of this mobilization and I am unable to comment further on specifics of the deployment," Walz posted on the site. "As Command Sergeant Major I have a responsibility not only to ready my battalion for Iraq, but also to serve if called on. I am dedicated to serving my country to the best of my ability, whether that is in Washington DC or in Iraq."

Walz also stated he intended to remain in the race even if he were to be deployed.

"I don't want to speculate on what shape my campaign will take if I am deployed, but I have no plans to drop out of the race. I am fortunate to have a strong group of enthusiastic supporters and a very dedicated and intelligent wife. Both will be a major part of my campaign, whether I am in Minnesota or Iraq."

The post on his 2005 campaign website ends by stating, "If called to duty, Walz would leave behind his wife Gwen and four-year-old daughter, Hope."

Walz won his congressional race that November -- a few weeks after his unit ended up being mobilized for deployment.
I initially gave Walz the benefit of the doubt. As more facts about his record emerged, that became harder to do.

The above quote, in addition to other info that has emerged, indicate that Walz was keeping his options open as long as possible.

He wanted to stay in the NG AND serve in Congress. As he said (& Adam Kinnzinger demonstrated), it is possible to serve in both Congress & the NG, unless he had to go on a lengthy deployment with his NG unit.

He kept his options open by accepting the CSM post but not completing the reqd course work for permanent promotion which would have carried with it an additional 3 years of obligated service.

Why didn't he level with the voters & his fellow NG soldiers & explain his choice because he felt he could better serve them in Congress ?

Once he was nominated & before he retired, I wonder if he pursued a different position in the MN NG which would have allowed continued NG service while serving in Congress ?

Regardless, I do not criticize the timing of his retirement decision or contend that he abandoned his soldiers. Nor do I accuse him of stolen valor.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

I'm sure you'd be all over someone with a R next to their name, wouldn't you? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:55 am I'm sure you'd be all over someone with a R next to their name, wouldn't you? :oops: :oops: :oops:
He has admitted his only interest is partisan politics.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Regardless, I do not criticize the timing of his retirement decision or contend that he abandoned his soldiers. Nor do I accuse him of stolen valor

Great. Let’s move on.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Has anyone seen reporting on the precise official dates of Walz's temporary promotion to Command Sergeant Major & his retirement date, other than that he retired sometime in May 2005 ? I thought I read somewhere that he served as his unit's CSM for 2 years.
Nobody in this forum, other than me, may care to know, but it matters re. his credibility, I'm not claiming that the below is accurate, but I've yet to find documentation or credible reporting that counters this claim. If it's accurate, it's significant. If you don't want to know more, put me on ignore. This story is not going away.

https://x.com/JordanSchachtel/status/18 ... 9229626816
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:41 am This story is not going away.
Of course not. The dog (you) is on this bone as well as all the other topics (bones) you've beaten to death here.

:oops:

Arf! Arf! Bow wow!
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:41 am Has anyone seen reporting on the precise official dates of Walz's temporary promotion to Command Sergeant Major & his retirement date, other than that he retired sometime in May 2005 ? I thought I read somewhere that he served as his unit's CSM for 2 years.
Nobody in this forum, other than me, may care to know, but it matters re. his credibility, I'm not claiming that the below is accurate, but I've yet to find documentation or credible reporting that counters this claim. If it's accurate, it's significant. If you don't want to know more, put me on ignore. This story is not going away.

https://x.com/JordanSchachtel/status/18 ... 9229626816
I like his policies.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

C'mon, salty, you're putting stock in what this guy has to say?
Was quit just a slip of the tongue when he meant to say retired?
Stripped of his rank? That has connotations of something other than
what actually happened, no? Quit early to avoid the Iraq war, or
retired because he saw it as the right time for his future plans?

Here's more from this guy:
Jordan Schachtel @ dossier.today
@JordanSchachtel
·
Jul 23
Two political candidates to choose from.

Donald Trump has 5 children and 10 grandchidren. He has a legacy to protect.

Kamala Harris has no children, little interest in religion, motivated by raw power, & no interest in anything beyond her life on this earth.

Seems significant!
Deep thinking, brilliant stuff (as if Trump has any interest in anything beyond himself :roll: )

Haven't seen anything on exact dates but I'm not buying his 45 day claims.
You, no doubt, would have heard all about that already were it fact.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:06 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:50 am I've watched this for many, many years with Vietnam Veteran hat wearers. I know that they (most of them) think that most people are going to think that they're real bad aszez who experienced the likes of Hamburger Hill combat and were lucky to survive because of that hat. A lot of them like to play on people's ignorance...they aint gonna bullschidt me though and they know it a couple of minutes into a conversation (and yes, I will engage with damn near every one of them I see). A couple of years back an old timer pulled up to the grocery store with his MARINES bumper sticker on his car. When he got out I said, uh oh, hide the women and children, the Marines are in town! Turns out he was sniper who did two tours in Vietnam and said he loved it. He was unquestionably the real deal, had a real nice chat with the guy. Sometimes you do run into the guys who actually did do what the ignorant assume all do.

When asked if I served "during Vietnam", I could truthfully reply that I served "during the Vietnam era".

Instead, I reply == "I served while we were at war in Vietnam. I was in the training pipeline to go, but the unit I was headed for began shutting down before I began that training, so I did not serve in the war zone".

I don't wear a Vietnam Veteran ball cap....even though I had to complete SERE school before my first deployment.
Yeah, did you notice that Vance has pulled this cr*p, Dmac? In his video where he went after Walz, he claimed to have taken the call as a Marine in Iraq, and intentionally left out that he wasn't in combat?

This story may not be of interest to some here, but it's of interest to me that Vance is holding himself up to voters as a war hero while he attacks Vance's service. Vance knows perfectly well that folks aren't going to do the research to find out he wasn't in combat.....so he just implies he was fighting in Iraq and lets voters fill in the blanks.

All for political gain. Shame on him.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:40 am
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:06 pm

Yeah, did you notice that Vance has pulled this cr*p, Dmac? In his video where he went after Walz, he claimed to have taken the call as a Marine in Iraq, and intentionally left out that he wasn't in combat?

This story may not be of interest to some here, but it's of interest to me that Vance is holding himself up to voters as a war hero while he attacks Vance's service. Vance knows perfectly well that folks aren't going to do the research to find out he wasn't in combat.....so he just implies he was fighting in Iraq and lets voters fill in the blanks.

All for political gain. Shame on him.
He didn’t imply anything. If people draw that conclusion, it’s on them. There is no such thing as implying any more.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”