The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:25 am
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:15 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:39 am Had I not known Walz's history when I first saw the video's of his assault weapons rant & his campaign ad for governor, I would have come away with the impression that he had deployed to Afghanistan & seen combat there, ...& I listen closely for such things. What impression do you think most members of the general public came away with after hearing it. What % of the general public understand the difference between service in the National Guard & service in the active duty regular Army ?
I can tell you exactly what the average independent voter thinks about your attempt to trash Walz for political gain. We've seen this play before.

The message that they got from you, your pals at FoxNews, Vance, and Trump:

That's what you might think because you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you become outraged when someone explains what he really did, instead of the impression he leaves with you.
Vance left me with the impression that he was in combat when he called Walz out publicly. Like you, I looked it up, because I couldn't fathom someone making that leap with Walz unless he saw some serious combat sh*t, and was suffering from PTSD and overreacted.

Turns out, nope. He didn't serve in combat either....so..... where am I supposed to put that?

Let me guess: "That's different". This is how your brain works OS: you think that ONLY OLD SALT is allowed to let his imagination run wild with the BS of "Walz gave me the impression".

I get to do it, too. Walz gave me the impression that he trained and fired those military guns, and don't want them on our streets.

He never said he served in combat.

If you and your pals were SERIOUS about this stupidity, you'd simply ask Walz: "Hey dude, did you fight in combat".

And then when he said "No", you'd STFU. Instead? You're on here telling the board it's some coincidence that the most in the bag partisan the forum has EVER seen is calling balls and strikes with Walz.

Ever meet a WWII or Vietnam vet? And asked them "were you in the war"? And they said "yes".

Now how many of them, when asking them further questions, would answer "no, I didn't see combat"? Tens of thousands, Old Salt. Yet you're on here telling us that those Vets would be lying if they told you that they served in Vietnam....or in WWII....and never saw a combat zone. That's what you're doing here.

And you know it. You're digging your heels in because that's what you do. You're not fooling anyone with this game. You know Vance is being a POS politician with no shame, and that Walz did nothing wrong.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:18 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:44 pm How many women with first hand knowledge of the gauntlet have you spoken to ? Their attendance at Miramar, Oceana & other Naval Air Station happy hours was not diminished, even at Pax River.

The movie Top Gun debuted in 1986. Driving home from the theater, I remarked to my wife -- "the job of the Commanding Officers of Navy fighter & attack squadrons just got a lot harder." Five years later, we had Tailhook '91. Life imitated art.
So....she's lying about the gauntlet? That's where you're at? She just made it all up? That's what you're telling us?

The photos of grown men with their wangs out at the hotel......no comment there? Can't you tell me those were fake, or not from Tailhook Vegas?

You brought up your wife: would you let her run that gauntlet?
You really have trouble reading. I said that she knew what the gauntlet was but felt that she could pass through untouched because they were her fellow naval aviators. What they saw instead was an attractive young woman who had (allegedly) visited some of the hospitality suites, enjoyed some refreshments & had her legs shaved the night before by the "barber of Seville", who was subsequently disciplined for his popular services. Immediately upon his return, a pilot who worked for me who had attended, related to me that he saw what the barber subsequently claimed, well before the investigation even commenced & the sh!t hit the fan. According to first hand accounts, Sat night was not her first visit to the 3rd deck.

As I've said, I've never been to Top Gun. I recounted my discussion with my wife after watching Top Gun, 5 years before Tailhook '91.

Since you brought up Navy wives, what I've heard from attendees is that many Navy wives attended Tailhook & visited the 3rd deck hospitality suites with their husbands without incident. The gauntlet did not form until after 11 pm & all the wives had departed.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1994/0 ... -coughlin/
On other testimony, a Naval Reserve commander said that he stood near the gantlet and warned 40 to 50 young women to stay away.
Thomas Nagelin said in videotaped testimony that the women mostly ignored him.
"Ninety percent blew me off and marched right in there," Nagelin said. "They had to know what they were walking into."
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:40 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:39 am Had I not known Walz's history when I first saw the video's of his assault weapons rant & his campaign ad for governor, I would have come away with the impression that he had deployed to Afghanistan & seen combat there, ...& I listen closely for such things. What impression do you think most members of the general public came away with after hearing it. What % of the general public understand the difference between service in the National Guard & service in the active duty regular Army ?
I can tell you exactly what the average independent voter thinks about your attempt to trash Walz for political gain. We've seen this play before.

That's what you might think because you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you become outraged when someone explains what he really did, instead of the impression he leaves with you.
Vance left me with the impression that he was in combat when he called Walz out publicly. Like you, I looked it up, because I couldn't fathom someone making that leap with Walz unless he saw some serious combat sh*t, and was suffering from PTSD and overreacted.

Turns out, nope. He didn't serve in combat either....so..... where am I supposed to put that?

Let me guess: "That's different". This is how your brain works OS: you think that ONLY OLD SALT is allowed to let his imagination run wild with the BS of "Walz gave me the impression".

I get to do it, too. Walz gave me the impression that he trained and fired those military guns, and don't want them on our streets.

If you and your pals were SERIOUS about this stupidity, you'd simply ask Walz: "Hey dude, did you fight in combat".

And then when he said "No", you'd STFU. Instead? You're on here telling the board it's some coincidence that the most in the bag partisan the forum has EVER seen is calling balls and strikes with Walz.

Ever meet a WWII or Vietnam vet? And asked them "were you in the war"? And they said "yes".

Now how many of them, when asking them further questions, would answer "no, I didn't see combat"? Tens of thousands, Old Salt. Yet you're on here telling us that those Vets would be lying if they told you that they served in Vietnam....or in WWII....and never saw a combat zone. That's what you're doing here.

And you know it. You're digging your heels in because that's what you do. You're not fooling anyone with this game. You know Vance is being a POS politician with no shame, and that Walz did nothing wrong.
Walz said that he had used those weapons in war.

Vance stated that he never saw combat.
He said he had deployed to Iraq, which was a war zone at the time.
Do you grasp the distinction ?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

As usual for discussions that involve Old Saltine - his "tangents" usually devolve into argumentative free-for-alls like this. So we have pages upon pages of it for an event that occurred 30 years ago. Predictable rants and yammering. :roll:

He's never going to drop it so I'd advise the others to move on and even then he likely might never drop it - plenty of examples of him doing this in multiple threads here. :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:43 am
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:40 am

Walz said that he had used those weapons in war.

Vance stated that he never saw combat.
He said he had deployed to Iraq, which was a war zone at the time.
Do you grasp the distinction ?
He meant to say weapons he WOULD USE in war. Who sabotaged that woman’s engine?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:48 am
ggait wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:56 pmIt will take a long time for the GOP to reboot even if Trump loses to Harris. And if he wins another term....
If you didn't see it, watch Nikki Haley's interview with Brett Baier on FNC.
She's running to head the Republican party after Trump loses the election.
Trump's too stubborn to follow her advice.
She'd be a runaway winner at the top of the (R) ticket.
Republican voters chose Trump. The voters have decided they don’t like Nikki Haley. They don’t like DEI.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Shame on you, Salty.
You keep digging your hole deeper and deeper.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:31 am Shame on you, Salty.
Not redeemable. He likes dogs. After that, you get a deeply sexist, jealous, sad old man, who thinks nothing of smearing brother soldiers and sailors if they don’t fit the “R” next to their names. A disgrace.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:37 am
Not redeemable. He likes dogs. After that, you get a deeply sexist, jealous, sad old man, who thinks nothing of smearing brother soldiers and sailors if they don’t fit the “R” next to their names. A disgrace.
Mask fell off a long time ago. I saw it slip years ago. It has slowly come completely off.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

At the end of the day, people align with people that are against the people they are against. It’s that simple.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

He doesn't like dogs counselor, he loves dogs to the extent he dedicates his time and efforts and likely a lot of his own $ to care for them and find them forever homes. To do that you have to by nature be an unselfish person. I would think counselor that even you would not be so dense as to not understand that. I was wrong...you really are that dense. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

He doesn't like dogs counselor, he loves dogs to the extent he dedicates his time and efforts and likely a lot of his own $ to care for them and find them forever homes. To do that you have to by nature be an unselfish person. I would think counselor that even you would not be so dense as to not understand that. I was wrong...you really are that dense. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

One thing has become hugely obvious over the last few weeks on this forum. The usual suspects are in full fledged damage control mode. I have to chuckle because on the Republican side they are also in full fledged damage control mode trying to figure out the bizarre methodology their candidate is employing so far in this race. One would expect trump to be hammering Harris on policy matters. He has chosen to go on idiotic tangents about crowd size and personally insulting his opponent. His opponent has more than enough policy inexperience and failures ( southern border ) to provide trump plenty of policy ammunition. trump probably could win if he chose to concentrate on the issues. His over inflated ego won't allow him to do so. I don't even know why trump has campaign advisors?
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:14 am One thing has become hugely obvious over the last few weeks on this forum. The usual suspects are in full fledged damage control mode. I have to chuckle because on the Republican side they are also in full fledged damage control mode trying to figure out the bizarre methodology their candidate is employing so far in this race. One would expect trump to be hammering Harris on policy matters. He has chosen to go on idiotic tangents about crowd size and personally insulting his opponent. His opponent has more than enough policy inexperience and failures ( southern border ) to provide trump plenty of policy ammunition. trump probably could win if he chose to concentrate on the issues. His over inflated ego won't allow him to do so. I don't even know why trump has campaign advisors?
Do you think that Trump has any agency? Are you familiar with our political system? The figure at the top isn't in charge of anything. They act at the behest of others. Trump is an old man who won't last long. Look for the continuity of policy -- most recently the Heritage Foundation.

For a primer on what Trump's instructions are, take a gander at Project 2025. This isn't the first screed outlining the desires and plans of a certain segment of the (moneyed) class.

"The Heritage Foundation has published its Mandate for Leadership series since 1981, with updated editions released in parallel with presidential elections.[61] Heritage calls its Mandate a "policy bible".[61] Heritage claims that almost two-thirds of its 1981 Mandate was attempted by Ronald Reagan[62] and nearly two-thirds of its 2015 Mandate was attempted by Donald Trump.[62][63] Politico has called Project 2025 "far more ambitious" than previous editions[10] and The New York Times said it operates on "a scale never attempted before in conservative politics".[64]"

I would describe it as reactionary rather than conservative, but, I'm a stickler for denotation.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
ggait

Post by ggait »

He meant to say weapons he WOULD USE in war.
Of course.

Walz was making a speech about gun control. His point was that we shouldn't have military level arms being freely available to any untrained unlicensed person. Which weapons he was very familiar with given his military service.

He should have said we don't need "weapons of war like I carried in the military." Instead of "weapons of war like I carried in war."

The distinction between "I am a retired CSM" and "I was a CSM when I retired" is equally silly and sleazy.

Time to boycott stupid guys.

Even with him being blocked, I'm weary of continuing to see mass quantities of crap from Salty Swiftboat Gaslight bleed through my filter. Which happens when normal people paste/reply to SSG.

Boycott stupid.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:21 am
He meant to say weapons he WOULD USE in war.
Of course.

Walz was making a speech about gun control. His point was that we shouldn't have military level arms being freely available to any untrained unlicensed person. Which he was very familiar with given his military service.

He should have said we don't need "weapons of war like I carried in the military." Instead of "weapons of war like I carried in war."

The distinction between "I am a retired CSM" and "I was a CSM when I retired" is equally silly and sleazy.

Time to boycott stupid guys.

Even with him being blocked, I'm weary of continuing to see mass quantities of crap from Salty Swiftboat Gaslight bleed through my filter. Which happens when normal people paste/reply to SSG.

Boycott stupid.
Old Guy has had ready excuses for what MAGA folk have “meant” versus what they have actually said for years now…..but a minor slip by Walz and Old Serpent is on it like man just home from prison.
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:03 am
I know he loves dogs and devotes time and treasure to the care of dogs in need of permanent homes. The rest of what I said is, unfortunately, equally true, and dramatically less laudable. The business with smearing a 24-year guy is a permanent feature of who he is or has become. And that is where we will have to leave it.

Return to “POLITICS”