2025 Mustang Classic

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Laxattackjack

Re: 2025 Mustang Classic

Post by Laxattackjack »

callaxdad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:12 pm
Prepschoolkid wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:40 pm Feel bad for Hamilton and Tufts who are going all the way to maryland to play a league game. Reminds me of Middlebury traveling all the way to Denison back in 2018 to play one game against the big red in ohio. Doesnt sound like a fun spring break
Fair point. Personally I'd rather go to Baltimore rather than Hamilton N.Y. but that's just my preference! BTW, this isn't Tufts spring break. Their spring break trip this year is to Newport News to play CNU. That should be a fun one to watch!
i don’t think CNU is going to be the same as the past few years. they lost a lot of talent and leadership. but with that said, i think CNU will be up for this game. many that will be playing, didn’t play in last years beat down, so they have nothing to remember and nothing to lose.

two trips south of the mason dixon line for tufts this year. if they make it back to the championship, this might be the most impressive team. is the full schedule out yet?
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

The NESCAC used to not be able to participate at all because of scheduling constraints: the conference game in one of the slots was a compromise which allowed them to participate in the Classic at all. Worth it imo for two good OOC games for the league obviously would be better if it weren't necessary and we could get four crossovers.

My joke that the preseason media rankings are never particularly well researched and you might as well just use last season's preseason poll as a prediction was apparently too subtle.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Also for the love of all mobile users, please trim your nested quote trees.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

SixBySix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:04 pm The NESCAC used to not be able to participate at all because of scheduling constraints: the conference game in one of the slots was a compromise which allowed them to participate in the Classic at all. Worth it imo for two good OOC games for the league obviously would be better if it weren't necessary and we could get four crossovers.

My joke that the preseason media rankings are never particularly well researched and you might as well just use last season's preseason poll as a prediction was apparently too subtle.
Couple things re your post….I didn’t see your joke re preseason media rankings research, must’ve been too subtle as you say but, aren’t they always a freakin joke?!!!

Also, love that Tufts/NESCAC is playing in the Mustang Classic, great opportunity to watch 10 top tier D3 programs in a couple days! As a lax junkie that’s heaven!!

Roll Bos!!
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

SixBySix wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:05 pm Also for the love of all mobile users, please trim your nested quote trees.
6X6 what’s a nested quote tree?
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Laxattackjack wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 8:34 pm 2025 Mustang Classic

Friday
W&L vs St Lawrence
RIT vs Dickinson
Tufts vs Hamilton
CNU vs Gettysburg
Stevenson vs Lynchburg

Saturday
Dickinson vs W&L
Gettysburg vs Hamilton
Lynchburg vs CNU
Tufts vs RIT
Stevenson vs St Lawrence

Tufts gets the same matchups as 2024
Stevenson vs Lynchburg again

9 of 10 teams return from 2024. only change is York out and Gettysburg in.
BTW Laj, what weekend is the Mustang Classic next year?
GeneralsAlumni19

Post by GeneralsAlumni19 »

I think W&L goes 2-0 easily here. Final 4 team returning almost all of their major contributors while also getting some key guys back from injury. Neither of their opponents at Mustang stand a chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Also had Tufts not had a joke of a game against Fisher in QF, a well-rested W&L team would have had their way with the jumbos if not for their barn burner 24 hours before :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: Darkhorse natty contender, especially with Spano at the dot and Ryan Donahue at LSM. McClernan will be a game changer out of the box this year too! Mark my words!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Calllaxdad, you can cut out most of prior quotes by highlighting the unwanted and deleting, while saving the prior quote (portion) you want.

For all the rest, these can all be true:
1. Berkman is a great coach, maybe the best in DIII history.
2. Something went wrong last year (most likely w/the coaching, we all have bad days/quarters, etc.) and Gulls were upset by a W&L upstart.
3. The overly effusive love that he got here since winning natty in 2023 until the W&L loss in 2024 was a bit over the top.
4. Tufts would have beaten the Gulls anyway.

btw, I've been on here almost since day 1 and on laxpower prior to that.
Unknown Participant

GeneralsAlumni19 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:14 pm I think W&L goes 2-0 easily here. Final 4 team returning almost all of their major contributors while also getting some key guys back from injury. Neither of their opponents at Mustang stand a chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Also had Tufts not had a joke of a game against Fisher in QF, a well-rested W&L team would have had their way with the jumbos if not for their barn burner 24 hours before :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek: Darkhorse natty contender, especially with Spano at the dot and Ryan Donahue at LSM. McClernan will be a game changer out of the box this year too! Mark my words!
I would love to see W&L back as a title contender year in out.
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

I'm a Gull fan and I tend to agree. Although I never want them to lose, a loss or even a close game in the regular season last year I think would have helped. I thought their loss to Gettysburg in 2023 followed up by the comeback and OT win at Lynchburg the following week set that team straight on their way to #13.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:28 pm Calllaxdad, you can cut out most of prior quotes by highlighting the unwanted and deleting, while saving the prior quote (portion) you want.

For all the rest, these can all be true:
1. Berkman is a great coach, maybe the best in DIII history.
2. Something went wrong last year (most likely w/the coaching, we all have bad days/quarters, etc.) and Gulls were upset by a W&L upstart.
3. The overly effusive love that he got here since winning natty in 2023 until the W&L loss in 2024 was a bit over the top.

btw, I've been on here almost since day 1 and on laxpower prior to that.
Way above my pay grade/tech capability UP!! 🤣🤣 Will need some training on that!!

Take the “young” dig as a compliment!

Berkman…… best of the best!! Don’t know him but respect him and what he’s done and represents!! Have had the honor to meet so many of the greats, would be honored to meet him.

And, have also been here since day 1! Actually, before that w the previous forum….those were fun days!!
Last edited by callaxdad on Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unknown Participant

[quote=Y I thought their loss to Gettysburg in 2023 followed up by the comeback and OT win at Lynchburg the following week set that team straight on their way to #13.
[/quote]

100%

There was a lot of chatter on here last spring about Gulls' schedule being soft. There was also a lot of chatter on here about RIT beating down Tufts at the Mustang and that Berkman doesn't do Mustang because of a feud w/Cantabene. Idk. But I do know that playing the best teams you can during the regular season is probably the best way to prepare for playoffs whether the games result in a win or loss, hence Tufts/RIT two years running at Mustang.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:24 pm
100%

There was a lot of chatter on here last spring about Gulls' schedule being soft. There was also a lot of chatter on here about RIT beating down Tufts at the Mustang and that Berkman doesn't do Mustang because of a feud w/Cantabene. Idk. But I do know that playing the best teams you can during the regular season is probably the best way to prepare for playoffs whether the games result in a win or loss, hence Tufts/RIT two years running at Mustang.
I'm with that. You'd think Jim would want to assert dominance (if possible) at the event. It's just too much history. Maybe on both sides? Limiting their involvement.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MVPiccoli wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:34 pm
100%

I'm with that. You'd think Jim would want to assert dominance (if possible) at the event. It's just too much history. Maybe on both sides? Limiting their involvement.
Salisbury's reg. season sched is usually pretty good. So I don't blame Jim for not wanting to play 2 top 20 games in 24 hrs, if he doesnt have to.
Let the playoff hopeful teams earn their NCAA bids by traveling to, staying in, and then beating the home team that resides in the dusty town of Salisbury.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 12:19 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:34 pm
100%

Salisbury's reg. season sched is usually pretty good. So I don't blame Jim for not wanting to play 2 top 20 games in 24 hrs, if he doesnt have to.
Let the playoff hopeful teams earn their NCAA bids by traveling to, staying in, and then beating the home team that resides in the dusty town of Salisbury.
Time to move on, dusty town of Salisbury is already stirring with lax frosh newbies, transfers, and returnees settling in this week for 2025 season. Labor Day to Memorial Day and everyday in between.
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Sandy, not dusty.
Motorman

Post by Motorman »

MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:41 am Sandy, not dusty.
Beaches surrounded by farms. We can call it sandy soil
Laxattackjack

Post by Laxattackjack »

Motorman wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:14 pm
MVPiccoli wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:41 am Sandy, not dusty.
Beaches surrounded by farms. We can call it sandy soil
salisbury is 30 miles from the beaches. not really a beach town
FaultyD

Post by FaultyD »

Mustang Classic dates for 2025 are March 14th and 15th
xcoach

Post by xcoach »

FYI: Hamilton College is located in Clinton, NY. Hamilton, NY, is home to Colgate University, and is located about 25 miles southwest of Clinton.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”