D3 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Predict Next DIII Programs To Win Their FIRST National Title

Post by gymman1031 »

nm
Prepschoolkid

Re: Predict Next DIII Programs To Win Their FIRST National Title

Post by Prepschoolkid »

I feel like the obvious answer is Christopher Newport... they are the only program I can think of that has never won that is always in the mix year after year. Maybe Lynchburg if they can reload??

I hate to say this but at the beginning of every year there are three teams that have a legitimate shot at winning: Salisbury, Tufts, RIT. After that you can mix in a couple of competitors but those three usually take the cake.

I really love this question. good forum for the off season
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

gymman1031 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:15 pmnm
CNU, Dickinson, Gettysburg, Bowdoin, RPI, St Lawrence to name a few.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Amherst in 2027.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

HomerCoach wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:01 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:15 pmnm
CNU, Dickinson, Gettysburg, Bowdoin, RPI, St Lawrence to name a few.
This....and I would add W&L and York
Masshole

Post by Masshole »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:49 pm I feel like the obvious answer is Christopher Newport... they are the only program I can think of that has never won that is always in the mix year after year. Maybe Lynchburg if they can reload??

I hate to say this but at the beginning of every year there are three teams that have a legitimate shot at winning: Salisbury, Tufts, RIT. After that you can mix in a couple of competitors but those three usually take the cake.

I don't think CNU gets there until they start consistently beating Salisbury, 2022 was probably their best chance for a while. I think it'll be Bowdoin or Amherst
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

SLU, Bowdoin, CNU, W&L
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

jerk wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:24 am
Prepschoolkid wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 6:49 pm I feel like the obvious answer is Christopher Newport... they are the only program I can think of that has never won that is always in the mix year after year. Maybe Lynchburg if they can reload??

I don't think CNU gets there until they start consistently beating Salisbury, 2022 was probably their best chance for a while. I think it'll be Bowdoin or Amherst
Pretty sure it's win and advance in the tournament, get there and anything can happen.(So consistency isn't necessary.)
FaceDodge

Post by FaceDodge »

York has been knocking at the door and just needs to take that next step. Maybe catch lightning in a bottle one year like Cabrini did.
dp68

Post by dp68 »

CNU seems like a no-brainer choice. But the landscape is changing fast with the Midwest becoming more competitive. My feeling is a team will rise up outside of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Bananas4Laxx

Post by Bananas4Laxx »

dp68 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:24 pm CNU seems like a no-brainer choice. But the landscape is changing fast with the Midwest becoming more competitive. My feeling is a team will rise up outside of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
A school like Colorado College or Illinois Wesleyan have to be primed to pass a Denison? Not sure they’ll win a national championship but could find themselves in a quarterfinal soon.
Masshole

Post by Masshole »

HomerCoach wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:05 am
jerk wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 9:24 am

Pretty sure it's win and advance in the tournament, get there and anything can happen.(So consistency isn't necessary.)
Yeah, but when that team beats you in the NCAA tournament every other year, you're not gonna get to the top of the mountain until you get the monkey off your back
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Gettysburg, York and CNU. If York can survive there early season schedule gauntlet they will be battle tested
twohandsonestick

Post by twohandsonestick »

Bananas4Laxx wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:13 pm
dp68 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:24 pm CNU seems like a no-brainer choice. But the landscape is changing fast with the Midwest becoming more competitive. My feeling is a team will rise up outside of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
A school like Colorado College or Illinois Wesleyan have to be primed to pass a Denison? Not sure they’ll win a national championship but could find themselves in a quarterfinal soon.
CC and IWU are still very far behind a school like Denison. CC is close, IWU light years behind still
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

It’s buzzy to say that about the Midwest but the reality is it’s trending the other direction. OWU/Denison have been down, teams like Hope, Aurora, Lake Forest, John Carroll, etc….get creamed when they make the tourney. IWU was the weakest team Tufts has had to face in years and they are considered one of the best in Midwest.

Whittier decades ago and Denison for a long time have been the only ones who actually broke through. OWU/Kenyon…no. Colorado College had one decent team a couple years ago, but it was a borderline Top-20 team. If you are looking for teams trending way ahead of the Midwest look at a team like Babson (who are having success with transfers).

Amherst, Union and Lynchburg have all made a title game in last 10 years. One of them probably has the best chance, though it’s still low. Bowdoin, W&L, CNU, Gettysburg (have made it 3 times), York, St. Lawrence are the next tier. RPI, Dickinson, Williams and St. John Fisher are the tier after that in terms of being sustained threats.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Assuming these teams have not won one:
1. Bowdoin. Love their coach.
2. W&L. Great school, beautiful campus, fantastic location. A good combination.
3. Amherst. Pre Covid I remember these guys being pretty darn good.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

CNU has the easiest road and most likely. Great attributes, state school, access to beaches, already a contender, good coaches and facilities. They also profit from the right demographics as the game expands to Virginia, the Carolina’s and other southern locales. Tennessee, Pa, and Md, are in reach.

Amherst, great academic institution and playing in the best conference.One of NE prep school player’s top choices.Not a hard sell. Will they lose some recruits being Uber liberal.

W&L another top academic institution also benefiting from the newer demographics of the game. Better midweek games than the NESCAC, no conference has greater distances to travel amongst teams.Nothing better than a Wednesday game traveling from Bowdoin to Trinity and not having a spring until June. W&L boasts a remarkable campus and town. Alumni are strong and you will be placed at an investment firm by Fall senior year. They have a strong coaching staff, facilities and a potential Johnson Scholarship, ( 10% of the incoming class who qualify go for free).

I’m not biased 😂
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:42 am
W&L another top academic institution also benefiting from the newer demographics of the game. Better midweek games than the NESCAC, no conference has greater distances to travel amongst teams.Nothing better than a Wednesday game traveling from Bowdoin to Trinity and not having a spring until June. W&L boasts a remarkable campus and town. Alumni are strong and you will be placed at an investment firm by Fall senior year. They have a strong coaching staff, facilities and a potential Johnson Scholarship, ( 10% of the incoming class who qualify go for free).

I’m not biased 😂
Do athletes ever get the Johnson? I've not heard of any.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Absolutely, I’ve known 2 in lacrosse
GoBears

Post by GoBears »

I will predict one of RPI or SLU

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”