The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2024

Post by ggait »

Cra -- so do you deny that Walz ACTUALLY SERVED as a CSM?

Because that is what the Guard says he did.

"culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:40 pm Cra -- so do you deny that Walz ACTUALLY SERVED as a CSM?

Because that is what the Guard says he did.

"culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion."
When did I say that? I never did. He held a temporary grade as an E9. He could have went to the CSM Academy and completed the course and been awarded a permanent promotion. He officially retired as an E8. That is nothing to be ashamed about for a guy who joined the Army as I did as a private E1. Some of the terminology he uses is rather odd for guy who started his career as a lowly trainee. Referring to your M16 as an assault rifle is nit picking to you but odd to me. We did often call them pea shooters though. We would have not said that loud enough for our drill sergeant to hear.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:15 pm
If you ex-service guys don’t stop with your nitpicking, we lawyers are going to engage in an extended dialogue about the intricacies of the rule against perpetuities.

Life in being plus 21 years!

I will raise you an adverse possession CANOE (continuous, adverse, notorious, open, exclusive). Bar exam was 39 years ago last week. I still got it!

And a second raise. Res ipsa loquitor -- meaning the thing speaks for itself. Example: If Salty posted it, you know it is MAGA troll bull shirt.
I’ll see your raise (and your raise of your own raise??) and raise you a statute of frauds which seems pretty applicable to this discussion.
njbill

Post by njbill »

E8, E9?

Are you sure we’re not talking bingo here?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:53 pm E8, E9?

Are you sure we’re not talking bingo here?
I would answer you but I don't know how much you charge for billable hours. I suspect I can't afford your legal knowledge. :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:52 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:15 pm
If you ex-service guys don’t stop with your nitpicking, we lawyers are going to engage in an extended dialogue about the intricacies of the rule against perpetuities.

Life in being plus 21 years!

I will raise you an adverse possession CANOE (continuous, adverse, notorious, open, exclusive). Bar exam was 39 years ago last week. I still got it!

And a second raise. Res ipsa loquitor -- meaning the thing speaks for itself. Example: If Salty posted it, you know it is MAGA troll bull shirt.
I’ll see your raise (and your raise of your own raise??) and raise you a statute of frauds which seems pretty applicable to this discussion.
Come on now, Walz wasn't deliberately trying to commit fraud, more like a teensie bit of fudging.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

"I'd say it matters even more than what HS you attended matters to the Baltimore folk!"

This is not possible.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:09 pm "I'd say it matters even more than what HS you attended matters to the Baltimore folk!"

This is not possible.
Indeed.

I went to lunch with a bunch of Baltimore guys last month.
One guy in the large group didn't hold the door for a lady and her family entering the restaurant.
Belted out from the group:

"I'm sorry ma'am. He doesn't know. He went to Calvert Hall."

:lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:28 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 1:09 pm "I'd say it matters even more than what HS you attended matters to the Baltimore folk!"

This is not possible.
Indeed.

I went to lunch with a bunch of Baltimore guys last month.
One guy in the large group didn't hold the door for a lady and her family entering the restaurant.
Belted out from the group:

"I'm sorry ma'am. He doesn't know. He went to Calvert Hall."

:lol:
Hah! That's a good one.

My wife is from Baltimore...well, Ruxton. Went to a few family functions in our first years of marriage and never, ever have I heard "where'd you go to high school" or "oh, you went to BL?" or Do I remember you from Loyola?" from so many people. My father in law and his five brothers went, I believe, to BL and wore the sweatshirts into their 80s.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Come on now, Walz wasn't deliberately trying to commit fraud, more like a teensie bit of fudging.
Cra -- it is a simple yes or no question, weasel.

Did Walz serve as, and hold the position of, CSM?

Yes or no. Just answer the forking question.

And to help your addled weasel brain, I will repeat. The National Guard itself says this:

Walz "culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:16 pm
Cra -- it is a simple yes or no question, weasel.

Did Walz serve as, and hold the position of, CSM?

Yes or no. Just answer the forking question.

And to help your addled weasel brain, I will repeat. The National Guard itself says this:

Walz "culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion."
Already answered it counselor. That was good for 2 weasels. :D
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

No you didn't answer it. Are you still maintaining that Walz "fudged" a teeny bit? The Guard does not say anything about fudging. They say he served in that rank.

Seems to me that you are bull shirting and denigrating the service of another veteran.

So again.

Did Walz serve in that office or not?

Yes or no.

If you really are a vet, I'd think this should be pretty simple for you. UCMJ makes lying an offense, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...if you can't read. We both said we do not accuse Master Sergeant Walz of Stolen Valor or question his decision to retire. We are simply interested in how he functioned as a Command Master Sergeant, which is a significant rank & assignment. It is no different than you lawyers discussing the details of a legal case or you financial professionals discussing the details of finance, the economy or business deals. This is an issue very much in the news. Don't be afraid. You might learn something.

I was "frocked" to O-2, O-3, O-4 & O-5 immediately after I was selected for promotion. I could then wear the rank, carry the title & fill jobs coded for the higher rank, but it was several months (not 2 years), before I was permanently promoted to the higher rank & began receiving higher pay & benefits.
I am merely curious about how it worked for Master Sergeant Walz & if the Army NG does it differently than the active duty Navy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:52 pm No you didn't answer it. Are you still maintaining that Walz "fudged" a teeny bit? The Guard does not say anything about fudging. They say he served in that rank.

Seems to me that you are bull shirting and denigrating the service of another veteran.

So again.

Yes or no.

If you really are a vet, I'd think this should be pretty simple for you. UCMJ makes lying an offense, right?
I don't know, are you actually a lawyer or are you just pretending? You most certainly don't have the demeanor of a lawyer. What personal injury firm do you work for? I'm guessing your specialty is slip and fall give ggait a call. 8-)
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:34 pm
ggait wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:52 pm No you didn't answer it. Are you still maintaining that Walz "fudged" a teeny bit? The Guard does not say anything about fudging. They say he served in that rank.

So again.

Yes or no.

I don't know, are you actually a lawyer or are you just pretending? You most certainly don't have the demeanor of a lawyer. What personal injury ferm do you work for? I'm guessing your specialty is slip and fall give ggait a call. 8-)
Ferm? What is THAT exactly? :lol: :lol: ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:35 pm

So again.

Yes or no.

I don't know, are you actually a lawyer or are you just pretending? You most certainly don't have the demeanor of a lawyer. What personal injury ferm do you work for? I'm guessing your specialty is slip and fall give ggait a call. 8-)
Already corrected that was my not so smart phone at work. :oops:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:35 pm

So again.

Yes or no.

That could double as an abbreviation of ggaits brain. Ferm as in fermented. :D
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:10 pm :lol: ...if you can't read. We both said we do not accuse Master Sergeant Walz of Stolen Valor or question his decision to retire. We are simply interested in how he functioned as a Command Master Sergeant, which is a significant rank & assignment. It is no different than you lawyers discussing the details of a legal case or you financial professionals discussing the details of finance, the economy or business deals. This is an issue very much in the news. Don't be afraid. You might learn something.

I was "frocked" to O-2, O-3, O-4 & O-5 immediately after I was selected for promotion. I could then wear the rank, carry the title & fill jobs coded for the higher rank, but it was several months (not 2 years), before I was permanently promoted to the higher rank & began receiving higher pay & benefits.
I am merely curious about how it worked for Master Sergeant Walz & if the Army NG does it differently than the active duty Navy.
Found this :
https://whyy.org/articles/vance-walz-st ... ry-record/
Walz served as a command sergeant major, the highest enlisted rank. But his retirement papers put him one step lower – a master sergeant. The Minnesota National Guard told NPR that Walz retired before completing academic requirements to keep the higher rank.

“He held multiple positions within field artillery such as firing battery chief, operations sergeant, first sergeant and culminated his career serving as the command sergeant major for the battalion. He retired as a master sergeant in 2005 for benefit purposes because he did not complete additional coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy,” said Army Lt. Col. Kristen Augé, the Minnesota National Guard’s state public affairs officer.

So while Walz can say he served as a command sergeant major, which also made him the highest enlisted member serving in Congress, and he can even get away with saying he retired as a command sergeant major, he cannot say he is a “retired command sergeant major." On Thursday the Harris campaign changed Walz’s official bio on their website to reflect that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Such chickenschidt stuff. It's been fixed, end of piszin' contest.
He was a CSM then he wasn't because he retired before he
completed all the requirements. No cowardice, no abandonment.
Subject exhausted, time to move on.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DMac wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:43 pm Such chickenschidt stuff. It's been fixed, end of piszin' contest.
He was a CSM then he wasn't because he retired before he
completed all the requirements. No cowardice, no abandonment.
Subject exhausted, time to move on.
No chance, with Saltine. This topic has Hunter Biden preoccupation potential. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”