The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:03 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:34 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:50 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:47 pm He said that he had served "in war" & allowed the public to think he had seen combat & served in Afghanistan.
Sure he did. Which is why you refuse to actually quote what he said, and in what context.
I can't find a full video clip of what he said for you, but it's all over tv. You've had ample opporyinty to view it.

Context = he was in an animated rant about assault weapons & said (I paraphrase) we should not be allowed to have weapons like the ones he used "in war", implying that he had used weapons "in war".

Feel free to post as much of his acual text as necessary to establish the context to your satisfaction.
BFD, like he's the first guy to imply such a thing.
Phukk his 24 years cuz he said that. He's scum but
your boy Trump can say whatever the phuk he
wants and you'll back him and his big tough guy
Marine (didn't do jack) til the cows come home.
Trump is not claiming military service. Is Trump the acceptable standard ?
Oh please, Trump's not claiming military service because his bone spurs conveniently
kept him from enlisting...ooops, I mean being drafted. Had Trump done a quarter of
what Walz did he'd be telling us what an overrated punk Audie Murphy was and how
he's the greatest war hero who ever lived.
Is Trump the acceptable standard? Not by a long shot by my standards, and how he is
to you is baffling to me.
I agree. Trump is not an acceptable standard.
IMO, he's the lesser of 2 bad options, nothing more.
I saw what he did as CinC. I saw what Biden did as CinC.
I have no reason to expect that Harris would do any better than Biden.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:13 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:47 pm He said that he had served "in war" & allowed the public to think he had seen combat & served in Afghanistan.
Sure he did. Which is why you refuse to actually quote what he said, and in what context.
I can't find a full video clip of what he said for you, but it's all over tv. You've had ample opporyinty to view it.

Context = he was in an animated rant about assault weapons & said (I paraphrase) we should not be allowed to have weapons like the ones he used "in war", implying that he had used weapons "in war".

Feel free to post as much of his acual text as necessary to establish the context to your satisfaction.
Oh please, Trump's not claiming military service because his bone spurs conveniently
kept him from enlisting...ooops, I mean being drafted. Had Trump done a quarter of
what Walz did he'd be telling us what an overrated punk Audie Murphy was and how
Is Trump the acceptable standard? Not by a long shot by my standards, and how he is
Thing is NOBODY cares what you think anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I DO appreciate Salty's takes and info on various military movements, weapons, and strategies.

I don't have to agree all the time, indeed frequently don't 100%, but I appreciate the expertise and information shared. I suspect others do as well.

But on this stuff, hoo boy.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:13 pm

ain’t nobody ask you about a lesser option. That’s just @ss licking.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:57 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:46 pm The man served for 24 years. How many who served stay that long, let alone what's being implied here...that he serve yet another 5 years?

This is political horsesh(t, and I"m LIVID that of all people, OS is piling on.

How long did Vance serve? Not 24 years, right? So why is he awesome, and Walz is now a POS who didn't stay "long enough"?

Vance is being a complete POS...and all that his and Old Salt's behavior tells me is that my 9 year old daughter won't see the end of Trumpism. It's here to stay. F these ***holes, and what they're doing to our country.
I'm "piling on" by responding to personal attacks on me,...a 27 year vet who also signed on at age 17.

Vance has been completely honest about his service.

yes, it is political horsesh!t & Walz stepped in his own droppings.
No, the part you keep denying is that if Walz was a R, you'd do one of two things:

1. you'd defend him.
2. you'd tell us this was a nothingburger, or immaterial. Which is what you just did with Trump.

THAT is why your behavior is so gross. You're so far up the *ss of the Republican party, you've been starved of oxygen and the ability to think for yourself for years now.

Just ONCE I'd like to see you flip the tables----go after a R like a rabid dog, while at the same time, give a Dem endless excuses.

You're mentally incapable of doing this. Party colors everything for you. Your entire existence would go poof if America banished political parties tomorrow. You wouldn't know what to think anymore without that magic R.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 5:48 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:46 pm The man served for 24 years. How many who served stay that long, let alone what's being implied here...that he serve yet another 5 years?

How long did Vance serve? Not 24 years, right? So why is he awesome, and Walz is now a POS who didn't stay "long enough"?

Vance is being a complete POS...and all that his and Old Salt's behavior tells me is that my 9 year old daughter won't see the end of Trumpism. It's here to stay. F these ***holes, and what they're doing to our country.
I'm "piling on" by responding to personal attacks on me,...a 27 year vet who also signed on at age 17.

No, the part you keep denying is that if Walz was a R, you'd do one of two things:

1. you'd defend him.
2. you'd tell us this was a nothingburger, or immaterial. Which is what you just did with Trump.

THAT is why your behavior is so gross. You're so far up the *ss of the Republican party, you've been starved of oxygen and the ability to think for yourself for years now.

Just ONCE I'd like to see you flip the tables----go after a R like a rabid dog, while at the same time, give a Dem endless excuses.

You're mentally incapable of doing this. Party colors everything for you. Your entire existence would go poof if America banished political parties tomorrow. You wouldn't know what to think anymore without that magic R.
I've acknowledged what Trump is. I expected something better from a Command Sergeant Major.

I can't believe the Harris campaign put out that gun control video with him saying he carried those weapons 'in war".
Then they had to correct his rank on their website.

What is there to criticize about Vance's service ? That he didn't step on an IED ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:34 pm

1. you'd defend him.

I've acknowledged what Trump is. I expected something better from a Command Sergeant Major.

No, you don't. You expect better from a Dem who served. The R's get a pass. Always do, and everyone who posts here watches you do this over and over and over. If Walz was a R? You wouldn't have said one word about anything he said. Not a peep.
DMac

Post by DMac »

If anyone is thinking about getting me a birthday gift, I think I'd like one of these.
Plenty of time to order one and get it here on time.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

... great gift idea!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

Man of the cloth weighs in. The godly man is sinful, mean spirited, ugly.
This is just wrong on more than one level, the christian man has faltered.
this is not the kind of disrespect we show our brethren. Coward, abandoned,
words used to describe Malz that aren't applicable. Shameful.
While you went off to war. Hmmm...more accurately went off to a war zone?
I've seen a few men of the cloth in a war zone. Prayed with and for the troops
asking for special protection and everything.
This is just awful.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chapl ... 82b4&ei=10
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:54 pm

1. you'd defend him.

No, you don't. You expect better from a Dem who served. The R's get a pass. Always do, and everyone who posts here watches you do this over and over and over. If Walz was a R? You wouldn't have said one word about anything he said. Not a peep.
Which (R) politician should I have criticized for misrepresenting his combat service ?

Are the men from his unit who are speaking out also doing it because they're partisan (R)'s ?
I've been much less critical than they have been. I did not criticize him for his decision to retire.
Pro Tip - if you're going to brag about your military service, be precise in your language so it cannot be misunderstood or misconstrued.
Don't gild the lilly.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:40 am

1. you'd defend him.

Which (R) politician should I have criticized for misrepresenting his combat service ?

Are the men from his unit who are speaking out also doing it because they're partisan (R)'s ?
I've been much less critical than they have been. I did not criticize him for his decision to retire.
Pro Tip - if you're going to brag about your military service, be precise in your language so it cannot be misunderstood or misconstrued.
Don't gild the lilly.
In a matter of days you went from faint praise to this smearing of a political opponents. Quite the transformation but certainly typical for you being the pathetic loser you apparently are.

The head of the Fatso campaign led the charge swift-boating John Kerry and here we go again. :oops: :oops: :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:46 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:34 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:40 pm Your brain has been replaced with The National Review.
Pretty obvious that all Democrats who ever served their country in the military should be hauled out behind the barn, and shot in the head.

If it's sooooo bad to leave the military after 24 freaking years, why isn't Old Salt and the rest hammering anyone who served one day less than Walz did for being cowards, and running away from future deployment?

Vance sure as sh(t didn't serve for 24 years....they're going to hit him for quitting, right? :roll:

Welcome to RightWingIdiotLand....where now even military service is a bad thing.

Congratulations , and take a bow....you've found a place lower than rock bottom!
I think you underestimate the importance of a SM to a combat arms unit. He becomes like a surrogate father. Our company first sergeant eventually became our battalion sergeant major. Everybody including the company and battalion COs have to rely on these NCOs to keep the soldiers squared away and ready to go at all times. I can speak for my company and eventually battalion sergeant major. His name was Frank Burnell. We affectionately called him " bedroll Bernie" As first sergeant no matter how far we humped, how many klicks we had under our LPCs and no matter what the hell time of night we finally got where we were going there were 2 things for certain. Our gear and bedrolls would be waiting for all of his men at the CP. There would always be hot Chilimac waiting in marmite containers. If you have never experienced that kind of love and dedication a first sergeant has for his soldiers think about how your dad looked after you.

Sergeant Major Burnell served 3 tours of duty in Vietnam with the 173 Airborne Brigade. He would never have asked anything of his soldiers that he wouldn't do himself. One thing he would have NEVER done was leave his soldiers when they would have needed him the most. I'm not going to criticize the sergeant major for calling it a career. The was his choice and his prerogative. On a personal level I think his political career became his priority and not so much his soldiers that were soon to be put into harms way.
Cradle...it wasn't after a few years. The man served for 24 years. How many who served stay that long, let alone what's being implied here...that he serve yet another 5 years?

I had to rethink my position a bit after I posted this.There is a world of difference between an E8/E9 in a regular army unit and a national guard unit. Weekend warriors are basically performing a part time job. One weekend a month and 2 weeks every summer. Our NCOs to include E8 and E9 were career soldiers. They had dedicated their life to the US Army. I never personally denigrated Walz service. I do think his decision to call it a career was balanced between his dedication to soldiers and his desire to enter the political arena. He could have extended his service certainly aware his unit was going to be deployed. He was never under any obligation to do so. That being said that is not a course of action the NCOs in my battalion would likely have ever done. Then again they were career army and not weekend warriors. Their dedication to their enlisted soldiers they led was on another level altogether.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:18 am

1. you'd defend him.

Don't gild the lilly.
In a matter of days you went from faint praise to this smearing of a political opponents. Quite the transformation but certainly typical for you being the pathetic loser you apparently are.

The head of the Fatso campaign led the charge swift-boating John Kerry and here we go again. :oops: :oops: :oops:
In a matter of days more information emerged. The Harris campaign released the gun ban video in which he claimed he carried an assault weapon in war. The Harris campaign website mischaracterized his military rank. His former campaign commercial emerged in which he implied he had deployed to Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom when he actually deployed to Vincenza, Italy -- a very pleasant place to deploy to, Afghanistan, not so much.

It's not a smear to point out the misleading statement & campaign commercial he made. I defended his retirement decision & explained the issue of his rank in a way that did not reflect badly on him. My only issue was that he gave the impression that he served in combat in Afghanistan.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Not Willie Brown.

Nate Holden, 95, a former Los Angeles councilman who grew close to Donald Trump when he tried to renovate the historic Ambassador hotel in the 90s, says he was the one in the helicopter w/ Trump when it almost crashed. They were headed for the Taj.

“Willie is the short Black guy living in San Francisco,” Holden told POLITICO in an interview late Friday. “I’m a tall Black guy living in Los Angeles.

“I guess we all look alike,” Holden added, letting out a big laugh.

So Trump confused two black men, and completely invented the conversation about Kamala Harris to smear her. In 1990, the time of the helicopter emergency, Harris had just graduated from law school and was starting her career in the Alameda County DA office.

But sure, let’s smear Walz’s 24 years of service and work for Trump!!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

1. you'd defend him.

Don't gild the lilly.
It is hinky indeed to allow your rank at the time of retirement to be mischaracterized. He knew his official pay grade was E8 not E9. That may not seem to be a discernable difference to most people. To the US Army it is a big deal. That differentiates between a company level NCO and a brigade level NCO. There is a part of me that wonders why he never attended the CSM Academy to put the exclamation mark on his military career. That extra pay grade figured into his retirement pay would not have been chicken feed.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:06 am Not Willie Brown.

Nate Holden, 95, a former Los Angeles councilman who grew close to Donald Trump when he tried to renovate the historic Ambassador hotel in the 90s, says he was the one in the helicopter w/ Trump when it almost crashed. They were headed for the Taj.

“Willie is the short Black guy living in San Francisco,” Holden told POLITICO in an interview late Friday. “I’m a tall Black guy living in Los Angeles.

So Trump confused two black men, and completely invented the conversation about Kamala Harris to smear her. In 1990, the time of the helicopter emergency, Harris had just graduated from law school and was starting her career in the Alameda County DA office.

Well it does seem that for a very long time now that every time trump opens his mouth he inserts his foot.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:13 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:06 am Not Willie Brown.

Well it does seem that for a very long time now that every time trump opens his mouth he inserts his foot.
Yes, something you excoriated Biden for. This, though, is the guy running for President and Old Salt spends his day amplifying the smear on a guy who served for 24 years. Brothers in arms, not when the little D appears. Just a f@cking disgrace, again.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:01 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:18 am

1. you'd defend him.

Don't gild the lilly.

In a matter of days more information emerged. The Harris campaign released the gun ban video in which he claimed he carried an assault weapon in war. The Harris campaign website mischaracterized his military rank. His former campaign commercial emerged in which he implied he had deployed to Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom when he actually deployed to Vincenza, Italy -- a very pleasant place to deploy to, Afghanistan, not so much.

It's not a smear to point out the misleading statement & campaign commercial he made. I defended his retirement decision & explained the issue of his rank in a way that did not reflect badly on him. My only issue was that he gave the impression that he served in combat in Afghanistan.
Never once did I ever carry an assault weapon. I carried an M16 A1 rifle, an M 203 rifle with grenade launcher and last but not least an M60 machine gun which weighs in at 23 pounds excluding the kit bag. The M60 affectionately earned the nickname " the pig"
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:11 am It is hinky indeed to allow your rank at the time of retirement to be mischaracterized. He knew his official pay grade was E8 not E9. That may not seem to be a discernable difference to most people. To the US Army it is a big deal. That differentiates between a company level NCO and a brigade level NCO. There is a part of me that wonders why he never attended the CSM Academy to put the exclamation mark on his military career. That extra pay grade figured into his retirement pay would not have been chicken feed.
Details I remain curious about. I don't know how the Army handles temporary promotions. Did he wear the uniform rank of E-8 or E-9 ? What did it say on his office door & desk ? Was he addressed as Command Sergeant Major or Command Master Sergeant or still just Master Sergeant. Did he have to attend a Command Sergeant Major course or could he complete it on an independent study basis ? Why did he not complete the course ? I believe he was selected for promotion & serving in the CSM job for 2 years. As a school teacher, I'd think he could attend the CSM course during the school summer vacation.
https://www.ncoworldwide.army.mil/Acade ... r-Academy/

Return to “POLITICS”