The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2024

Post by ggait »

Harris Walz up to 53.8% win probability per Nate Silver today.

Favored in MI, WI, PA and now NV. Getting very close in GA and AZ.

24 years service >>> Bone spurs, cat ladies and humping couches.

Sugar high keeps rolling.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:50 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:47 pm He said that he had served "in war" & allowed the public to think he had seen combat & served in Afghanistan.
Sure he did. Which is why you refuse to actually quote what he said, and in what context.
I can't find a full video clip of what he said for you, but it's all over tv. You've had ample opporyinty to view it.

Context = he was in an animated rant about assault weapons & said (I paraphrase) we should not be allowed to have weapons like the ones he used "in war", implying that he had used weapons "in war".

Feel free to post as much of his acual text as necessary to establish the context to your satisfaction.
Maybe that's because there isn't one, you bozo. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:47 pm He said that he had served "in war" & allowed the public to think he had seen combat & served in Afghanistan.
Sure he did. Which is why you refuse to actually quote what he said, and in what context.
I can't find a full video clip of what he said for you, but it's all over tv. You've had ample opporyinty to view it.

Context = he was in an animated rant about assault weapons & said (I paraphrase) we should not be allowed to have weapons like the ones he used "in war", implying that he had used weapons "in war".

Feel free to post as much of his acual text as necessary to establish the context to your satisfaction.
BFD, like he's the first guy to imply such a thing.
Phukk his 24 years cuz he said that. He's scum but
your boy Trump can say whatever the phuk he
wants and you'll back him and his big tough guy
Marine (didn't do jack) til the cows come home.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We've seen the partial video clips and he's clearly saying he "carried" those weapons of war. However, his use of the phrase "in war", which is where the clips end, is not intended to suggest that he fought, fired weapons in combat. He'd have said so if that's what he meant. His phrasing was wrong, but his intention was not.

One needs to want to find fault to hang this argument of stolen valor on him, to say those couple of words means that he was actually claiming then or at any time that he'd been in combat. He did not mean that, it's obvious that's not what he meant.

He also said that he's a hunter...are we going to say he claimed he shot a bear because he's a hunter? Bigfoot maybe? No, we're going to understand that what else he's said, to provide context. I've heard him say in separate clips he hunted pheasants and deer; I'd bet he hunted other birds, maybe rabbits and squirrels too at some point, as most hunters do, but that's not what I've yet heard...maybe he hunted Bigfoot too but he didn't claim he did.

The National Guard is rarely called to serve in combat. So, no reason to assume a claim of such when it's not explicitly made and repeated as such.

This notion that he purposely misrepresented his service is hugely bogus as he'd made prior clear public statements and he immediately referred to them when first accused of such misrepresentation. He didn't allow any misunderstanding remain...except in the minds of his attackers.
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:26 pm

Trump is not claiming military service. Is Trump the acceptable standard ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:40 pm Your brain has been replaced with The National Review.
Pretty obvious that all Democrats who ever served their country in the military should be hauled out behind the barn, and shot in the head.

If it's sooooo bad to leave the military after 24 freaking years, why isn't Old Salt and the rest hammering anyone who served one day less than Walz did for being cowards, and running away from future deployment?

Vance sure as sh(t didn't serve for 24 years....they're going to hit him for quitting, right? :roll:

Welcome to RightWingIdiotLand....where now even military service is a bad thing.

Congratulations , and take a bow....you've found a place lower than rock bottom!
I think you underestimate the importance of a SM to a combat arms unit. He becomes like a surrogate father. Our company first sergeant eventually became our battalion sergeant major. Everybody including the company and battalion COs have to rely on these NCOs to keep the soldiers squared away and ready to go at all times. I can speak for my company and eventually battalion sergeant major. His name was Frank Burnell. We affectionately called him " bedroll Bernie" As first sergeant no matter how far we humped, how many klicks we had under our LPCs and no matter what the hell time of night we finally got where we were going there were 2 things for certain. Our gear and bedrolls would be waiting for all of his men at the CP. There would always be hot Chilimac waiting in marmite containers. If you have never experienced that kind of love and dedication a first sergeant has for his soldiers think about how your dad looked after you.

Sergeant Major Burnell served 3 tours of duty in Vietnam with the 173 Airborne Brigade. He would never have asked anything of his soldiers that he wouldn't do himself. One thing he would have NEVER done was leave his soldiers when they would have needed him the most. I'm not going to criticize the sergeant major for calling it a career. The was his choice and his prerogative. On a personal level I think his political career became his priority and not so much his soldiers that were soon to be put into harms way.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Except that was never his intent to imply that.
He made that clear as soon as asked back when it occurred.

That's the difference...these a-holes on their soapboxes will lie intentionally then double and triple down on the lies. Honest folks will say, "no, that's not what I meant, this is what I meant, and it should be obvious based on what else I've said, and you're insulting me and every other veteran when you lie about it."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:33 pm

We've seen the partial video clips and he's clearly saying he "carried" those weapons of war. However, his use of the phrase "in war", which is where the clips end, is not intended to suggest that he fought, fired weapons in combat. He'd have said so if that's what he meant. His phrasing was wrong, but his intention was not.

One needs to want to find fault to hang this argument of stolen valor on him, to say those couple of words means that he was actually claiming then or at any time that he'd been in combat. He did not mean that, it's obvious that's not what he meant.

He also said that he's a hunter...are we going to say he claimed he shot a bear because he's a hunter? Bigfoot maybe? No, we're going to understand that what else he's said, to provide context. I've heard him say in separate clips he hunted pheasants and deer; I'd bet he hunted other birds, maybe rabbits and squirrels too at some point, as most hunters do, but that's not what I've yet heard...maybe he hunted Bigfoot too but he didn't claim he did.

The National Guard is rarely called to serve in combat. So, no reason to assume a claim of such when it's not explicitly made and repeated as such.

This notion that he purposely misrepresented his service is hugely bogus as he'd made prior clear public statements and he immediately referred to them when first accused of such misrepresentation. He didn't allow any misunderstanding remain...except in the minds of his attackers.
He said in war, not of war.

Listen to the closing of his tv ad in the CNN clip. He said Afghanistan, not Italy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:34 pm

Trump lied to get out of service when called and has lied ever since.
Yeah, that's the 'standard'. And no, it's not "acceptable"

Pathetic hypocrisy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:38 pm

Listen to the closing of his tv ad in the CNN clip. He said Afghanistan, not Italy.
I've listened to it all AND I've listened to what else he'd said and disclosed, contemporaneously, SO I don't take words and pretend to understand them without such context. On purpose.

You are complaining about words spoken, imbuing them a meaning he clearly doesn't intend, despite lots of evidence of his actual intent, and yet you defend and support guys who clearly are purposely lying and who double and triple down on it.

Pathetic hypocrisy.

MAGA-think.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:39 pm

Pathetic hypocrisy.
Trump did not portray himself up as a retired E-9 Command Sergeant Major & a 24 year combat veteran.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:43 pm

I've listened to it all AND I've listened to what else he'd said and disclosed, contemporaneously, SO I don't take words and pretend to understand them without such context. On purpose.

You are complaining about words spoken, imbuing them a meaning he clearly doesn't intend, despite lots of evidence of his actual intent, and yet you defend and support guys who clearly are purposely lying and who double and triple down on it.

Pathetic hypocrisy.

MAGA-think.
Weasel words chosen to create a false impression. He got caught.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:34 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:40 pm Your brain has been replaced with The National Review.
Pretty obvious that all Democrats who ever served their country in the military should be hauled out behind the barn, and shot in the head.

If it's sooooo bad to leave the military after 24 freaking years, why isn't Old Salt and the rest hammering anyone who served one day less than Walz did for being cowards, and running away from future deployment?

Vance sure as sh(t didn't serve for 24 years....they're going to hit him for quitting, right? :roll:

Welcome to RightWingIdiotLand....where now even military service is a bad thing.

Congratulations , and take a bow....you've found a place lower than rock bottom!
I think you underestimate the importance of a SM to a combat arms unit. He becomes like a surrogate father. Our company first sergeant eventually became our battalion sergeant major. Everybody including the company and battalion COs have to rely on these NCOs to keep the soldiers squared away and ready to go at all times. I can speak for my company and eventually battalion sergeant major. His name was Frank Burnell. We affectionately called him " bedroll Bernie" As first sergeant no matter how far we humped, how many klicks we had under our LPCs and no matter what the hell time of night we finally got where we were going there were 2 things for certain. Our gear and bedrolls would be waiting for all of his men at the CP. There would always be hot Chilimac waiting in marmite containers. If you have never experienced that kind of love and dedication a first sergeant has for his soldiers think about how your dad looked after you.

Sergeant Major Burnell served 3 tours of duty in Vietnam with the 173 Airborne Brigade. He would never have asked anything of his soldiers that he wouldn't do himself. One thing he would have NEVER done was leave his soldiers when they would have needed him the most. I'm not going to criticize the sergeant major for calling it a career. The was his choice and his prerogative. On a personal level I think his political career became his priority and not so much his soldiers that were soon to be put into harms way.
Cradle...it wasn't after a few years. The man served for 24 years. How many who served stay that long, let alone what's being implied here...that he serve yet another 5 years?

This is political horsesh(t, and I"m LIVID that of all people, OS is piling on.

How long did Vance serve? Not 24 years, right? So why is he awesome, and Walz is now a POS who didn't stay "long enough"?

Vance is being a complete POS...and all that his and Old Salt's behavior tells me is that my 9 year old daughter won't see the end of Trumpism. It's here to stay. F these ***holes, and what they're doing to our country.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:39 pm

Pathetic hypocrisy.
Trump did not portray himself up as a retired E-9 Command Sergeant Major & a 24 year combat veteran.
good Christ, neither did Walz...he did portray himself as a veteran, serving 24 years, he did correctly say he was a Sergeant Major, and his campaign clarified that he retired at the rank just below because he'd retired prior to finishing some coursework.

But you have no problem with Trump lying when called and lying ever since.
Attack the guy who served for 24 years.

We get it.

Pathetic hypocrisy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:43 pm

Pathetic hypocrisy.

MAGA-think.
Weasel words chosen to create a false impression. He got caught.
Pretty clear that you and Vance are the weasels. Good luck looking at yourself in the mirror, supporting a guy who lied to get out of service when called and has lied about it ever since.

Do you wear eyeliner like Vance?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Old Satline is trolling everyone like he does every day here. :lol: He should be on everyone's IGNORE list.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:46 pm The man served for 24 years. How many who served stay that long, let alone what's being implied here...that he serve yet another 5 years?

How long did Vance serve? Not 24 years, right? So why is he awesome, and Walz is now a POS who didn't stay "long enough"?

Vance is being a complete POS...and all that his and Old Salt's behavior tells me is that my 9 year old daughter won't see the end of Trumpism. It's here to stay. F these ***holes, and what they're doing to our country.
I'm "piling on" by responding to personal attacks on me,...a 27 year vet who also signed on at age 17.

Vance has been completely honest about his service.

yes, it is political horsesh!t & Walz stepped in his own droppings.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh please, Trump's not claiming military service because his bone spurs conveniently
kept him from enlisting...ooops, I mean being drafted. Had Trump done a quarter of
what Walz did he'd be telling us what an overrated punk Audie Murphy was and how
he's the greatest war hero who ever lived.
Is Trump the acceptable standard? Not by a long shot by my standards, and how he is
to you is baffling to me.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Salty gaslight MAGA is really circling the drain now. What a pathetic loser. Do us a favor Salty and crawl back under your bridge. No one is listening to you. No one cares about what stupid things you think or post.

Rather than flyspecking Walz by the syllable, how about turning your fact checking powers on your Orange God.

2020 election was stolen.

Everyone (Dem or Rep) wanted RvW over-turned.

Trump's J6 crowd (estimated at 25k) was bigger than MLK's I Have a Dream Speech (estimated at 250k).

Please just STFU.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:57 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:46 pm The man served for 24 years. How many who served stay that long, let alone what's being implied here...that he serve yet another 5 years?

I'm "piling on" by responding to personal attacks on me,...a 27 year vet who also signed on at age 17.

Vance has been completely honest about his service.

yes, it is political horsesh!t & Walz stepped in his own droppings.
Nope, the conflict is over your trolling and BS following Vance's POS lead. Shameful, shameless.

I don't see anyone criticizing your service, frankly we have no idea whether you've been truthful, but no one on here to my recollection has critiqued it or questioned its reality much less value. Quite the opposite. I recall someone who has met you vouching for that service. And you have some full on bootlickers too.

Vance appears to have been honest. Let's give him credit for that, though, man that shouldn't be an issue. His service in a combat zone was short, not actually in combat, never actually under fire. and he hasn't claimed otherwise. The service is commendable and his not further exaggerating it is commendable, but let's not pretend that he hasn't used it, being in a combat zone, politically...and most importantly he's been a lying POS about Walz and he undoubtedly knows better, but is so caught up in his partisan role and quest for power he's willing to go after a 24 year service member in a full on bogus way and ignore that he's allies with a guy who lied to get out of service and has lied ever since about it.

a fan is right, these a-holes are not going to go away easily as they're deeply borrowed in: https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/09/politics ... index.html

Return to “POLITICS”