The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:30 am
old salt wrote
I think you underestimate the hazard in Vance's service. He was based at Al-Asad in Anbar province which is still under attack. He embedded in civil affairs team which went into Iraqi villiages. Unlike Walz, he carried an assault rifle in a war zone, was exposed to IEDs & snipers, & earned hazardous duty pay.
Walz's service was commendable, but he never faced the risks that Vance did on deployment.
Corporal Vance did not have the option to volunteer for his assignment. He went where his unit deployed & did his assigned tasks.
Man, salty, that R thing really does have a chokehold on you. I'll never understand the more or less blind allegiance both the Ds and Rs have to their letter.
Doesn't matter how many times we tell him that, and that we're telling him this from a position of respect.

If Walz had a R by his name, he'd be on here defending his service. Full stop, no excuses. Same as he's hilariously doing for Vance.

And he thinks it's a coincidence that yet again, he's giving it to a Dem, and defending a R.

He and millions like him on both sides are why America is circling the drain.....it USED to be that when a R did or said something stupid, R voters would react negatively. Not anymore. No matter what they say or do, Old Salt and his ilk are standing by, ready to tell us that what that R did....even committing felonies....is sooper-cool and awesome.

I don't get it either, Dmac.
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:48 am
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:41 am MEU...what is that?
I would think anyone in any unit could volunteer at any time.
Send a request to the bureau and see what they say.
He was assigned to a MAW (Marine Air Wing) which was part of a MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit).
That means he can't send a request to the bureau?
Makes no sense to me.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:28 am
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:25 am
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:39 am
I would not call it Stolen Valor.
But Trump's choice for VP would (isn't that a big surprise) and all of the Trump peeps will swallow the slander hook, line and sinker.
Notice he doesn’t object to the guy making the claim. It’s subtle and consistent. It’s what he and people like him do.
People like him served their country with honor and dignity before you were chitting yellow in your diapers. 8-)
Which isn’t the lifelong free pass you think it is and doesn’t matter with respect to the mine of inquiry here
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:31 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:56 am Exactly...he did not volunteer for that service, so we have no idea whether he'd have done so.
That's ridiculous. He enlisted after 9-11, when we had Marines in Iraq & Afghanistan.
He knew he'd almost certainly end up in a war zone. The only uncertainty was which war zone.
Again, you're misrepresenting my point, so eager to be "right". :roll:

He didn't volunteer for a specific operation, much less specifically combat, but I 100% agree with you that he was taking that risk that he'd be sent (not all were)...did he do it out of patriotism? I dunno, but I'm not going to question it, so my assumption would be positive on that as well as the other motivation he's said he had, to get out of his prior situation...but what I do reject 100% is his attack on Walz.

It's dishonest and all the more reprehensible coming from someone who did choose to serve when called.

And all the more gross when supporting someone who flat lied to get out of serving.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

hang on...I know very little about how all this works...can an enlisted marine request specific types of service? eg Press relations? Or is that just some random thing? I can imagine some sort of vetting that might separate by particular talents, but Can such an enlisted marine request typical combat line duties instead, qualifying for specific things eg sniper etc?

and can an enlisted marine request combat zone... or is that 100% random only ?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:29 am I wasn’t paying close attention yesterday. Did Trump claim he was at Martin Luther King‘s I have a dream speech or did he claim he wrote it?
Both. And he counted the crowd there at around 2,700.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:56 am Exactly...he did not volunteer for that service, so we have no idea whether he'd have done so.
That's ridiculous. He enlisted after 9-11, when we had Marines in Iraq & Afghanistan.
He knew he'd almost certainly end up in a war zone. The only uncertainty was which war zone.

He didn't volunteer for a specific operation, much less specifically combat, but I 100% agree with you that he was taking that risk that he'd be sent (not all were)...did he do it out of patriotism? I dunno, but I'm not going to question it, so my assumption would be positive on that as well as the other motivation he's said he had, to get out of his prior situation...but what I do reject 100% is his attack on Walz.

It's dishonest and all the more reprehensible coming from someone who did choose to serve.

And all the more gross when supporting someone who flat lied to get out of serving.
What are my choices ? Biden did not serve. Harris did not serve.
I've said I'd prefer Senators Mark Kelly or Jim Webb, WP grad Mark Pompeo, or Navy JAG & Iraq vet Ron DeSantis. At least I know what Trump did during his 4 years as CinC, which I find preferable to what Biden did, when Harris claims she was in the room & the last person he talked to when making those decisions.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:08 pm hang on...I know very little about how all this works...can an enlisted marine request specific types of service? eg Press relations? Or is that just some random thing? I can imagine some sort of vetting that might separate by particular talents, but Can such an enlisted marine request typical combat line duties instead, qualifying for specific things eg sniper etc?

An enlisted Marine has some choice of his MOS based on his entrance test scores.
Vance ended up as a combat correspondent. Not sure if he sought that duty or was assigned it.
Vance was assigned to a unit which deployed to Iraq.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:08 pm hang on...I know very little about how all this works...can an enlisted marine request specific types of service? eg Press relations? Or is that just some random thing? I can imagine some sort of vetting that might separate by particular talents, but Can such an enlisted marine request typical combat line duties instead, qualifying for specific things eg sniper etc?

Usually when you enlist it is for a specific MOS. Some MOS are more readily available than others.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

sheesh, he re-upped after 9-11. He did 4 extra years. 24 years.
The MAGA trolls on these boards are the worst.

All I can say is GFY, STFU, and Boycott Stupid.

Sheesh is right.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:24 am Orange Moron unveiled his economic plan at the “press conference” yesterday:

“So there are some of the most brilliant people in Wall Street that are saying that if President Trump doesn't win, you're going to have a depression. I have to agree. I think that's true. Because I know how bad these people are. You know, they like to say that they did this and that. You saw the seven trillion that they said it was me for seven trillion. It wasn't me. It was them. They said that I had inflation. They took over 9% in inflation. No, no, I had 1% inflation. I had actually no inflation because if you look at the categories, we had just about no inflation. But I had a very minor-- I actually had a positive inflation. It was a perfect number. Because you don't want zero. I mean, I'm not going to give you a whole course on economics. But you don't want zero. 1% 1.4% is great. You want a little bit because you don't want to have deflation. Deflation is, in many ways, even worse. I had a perfect number right around the 1% number. It was perfect. And to show you, it stayed there for two years. And then he did all of the different borrowings that he did. And then he did so many things wrong. Every time he would do it, I'd say big mistake. And don't forget they sell hats. And they sell stories. Trump was right about everything. I happened right about a lot.”

The GOP nominee is a moron. “And don’t forget they sell hats.”
Moron is offensive to morons my man is fake out deficient.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:45 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:37 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:28 am
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:25 am
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:39 am
I would not call it Stolen Valor.
But Trump's choice for VP would (isn't that a big surprise) and all of the Trump peeps will swallow the slander hook, line and sinker.
Notice he doesn’t object to the guy making the claim. It’s subtle and consistent. It’s what he and people like him do.
People like him served their country with honor and dignity before you were chitting yellow in your diapers. 8-)
"people like him" also were or became dishonorable during and after their service time.
It ain't the service that makes one honorable, though the service itself deserves respect.

Bootlicking becomes no one.
Not people like Old Salt. What makes you think anything pre or post career was ever dishonorable? The fact he takes you out behind the woodshed and spanks you on a daily basis must just eat at you? :D You can keep trying but those blisters on your fanny will keep getting bigger.
Can you break off some of the hallucinogens and psychedelics you were rocking when you wrote the post above?

Also, does it ever get uncomfortable using your mouth to act as OS, ball rest?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:09 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:29 am I wasn’t paying close attention yesterday. Did Trump claim he was at Martin Luther King‘s I have a dream speech or did he claim he wrote it?
Both. And he counted the crowd there at around 2,700.
I did hear the part where he said that if MLK were still alive, he’d be a Trump supporter, you know, one of “my blacks.” :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

He was assigned to a MAW (Marine Air Wing) which was part of a MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit).
You said what people did in the military after your time didn’t matter. You said you served when it mattered. Why are you all hung up on it?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:11 pm

It's dishonest and all the more reprehensible coming from someone who did choose to serve.

Your "choice" is to support both Vance and Walz for their service, instead of defending the R, and nitpicking the D. It's not that hard. But you can't even manage that.

Your precious political party comes before the men and women you served with. I don't get it, and I never will.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:40 pm

Your "choice" is to support both Vance and Walz for their service, instead of defending the R, and nitpicking the D. It's not that hard. But you can't even manage that.

Your precious political party comes before the men and women you served with. I don't get it, and I never will.
Obviously you choose Trump.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:35 pm
You said what people did in the military after your time didn’t matter. You said you served when it mattered. Why are you all hung up on it?
I was answering a question. That's how you lie. I said I served when Russia was an actual threat to us.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:40 pm

Nitpicking ? I defended Walz until his misrepresentations about his service came out. He didn't need to do that. Self-inflicted wound. Neither Walz or Vance are a choice for CinC.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Enough with Salty's time-wasting, brain dead, pointless, scummy gaslight. Just boycott stupid.

Back in the real world.

The well-respected Marquette poll has Harris +6 points nationally. Could be an outlier, but the trend/direction is solid.

Most think that the Dems have to win the national popular vote by 2.5 points to win the EC. Joe won the pop vot by 3.4% and it was still close in the EC.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

I've said I'd prefer Senators Mark Kelly or Jim Webb, WP grad Mark Pompeo, or Navy JAG & Iraq vet Ron DeSantis. At least I know what Trump did during his 4 years as CinC, which I find preferable to what Biden did, when Harris claims she was in the room & the last person he talked to when making those decisions.
Don't forget that your "policy" Hero said he deserved Congressional Medal of Honor for his personal Vietnam...

https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/14/media/ ... index.html

Return to “POLITICS”