The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:17 pm The press is repeating the mistake of 2016 in giving him so much coverage. There are those who think the press actually wants him to win again because it will be good for ratings. :roll:
I watched CNN coverage and they absolutely ripped his many lies of today. The financial news gal was super harsh in the post wrap.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:59 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:53 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:46 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:09 pm Funny also that you didn't object to JDouchebag Vance's complaint about Walz' service record either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Do you know enough about the situation to form an opinion ? How long before the scheduled deployment did he submit his application to retire ? Was he already preparing to retire & run for office ? What was the impact on his unit ? What was their mission going to be in Iraq ? We're they going into combat as an artillery unit or going for non-combat support duties, like he had performed when deployed to Italy ? What was his actual job with his unit ? Did they have an adequate replacement for him ? How did their deployment go without him ?
The timeline is clear: Walz submitted his guard retirement papers in May 2005. The unit’s first call-up notice came in July 2005 and the regiment deployed in March 2006.
Just found this from the BBC. It came out 2 hrs ago. It answers all questions about what's known about both of them.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cze5gzr97ewo
In February 2005, while he was still in the National Guard, Mr Walz filed an application to run to be elected as a member of Congress from Minnesota.
The following month it was announced that there would be “a possible partial mobilisation of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard” to Iraq within the next two years, according to a 2005 press release from Mr Walz’s congressional campaign.
In the statement, Mr Walz said: “I do not yet know if my artillery unit will be part of this mobilisation.”
He added: “I don’t want to speculate on what shape my campaign will take if I am deployed, but I have no plans to drop out of the race."
Mr Walz then retired from the National Guard in May 2005, which he later said was so he could focus fully on running for Congress.
follow up : I clicked the link in the BBC article & found this :
In the fall of 2005, the HHB&B/1-125 FA were again mobilized – this time to prepare for deployment in
support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The battalion trained at Camp Shelby Mississippi and was
augmented with elements from Kansas (B/1-161FA) and Kentucky (B&C/2-123AR), as well as nearly 150
individual replacements from 32 states and territories. Though still designated as Strike, 1/34 BCT, the
battalion prepared for a mission as a motorized security task force.

THE BBC page says they deployed to Iraq in 2006. I'm guessing they went for Security Force base protective duty rather than for combat duty as an artillery unit. The unit did that sort of duty in 2011:
In the summer of 2011, the battalion mobilized and deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
and Operation New Dawn. The battalion provided force protection at Camp Arifjan, Camp Patriot and SPOD E in Southern Kuwait for a 10-month mission.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:06 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:43 pm Anyone listening to this moron — and mean that literally — at his “press conference”? It is astonishing.
Off his bloody rocker...boy, crowd sizes sure are bothering him... :lol:
Sorry, just one clip.

https://twitter.com/maddenifico/status/ ... 9592292382

President? Not even for the HOA.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

"Operation: Let Him Talk" is working quite well.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:12 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:09 pm Funny also that you didn't object to JDouchebag Vance's complaint about Walz' service record either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Do you know enough about the situation to form an opinion ? How long before the scheduled deployment did he submit his application to retire ? Was he already preparing to retire & run for office ? What was the impact on his unit ? What was their mission going to be in Iraq ? We're they going into combat as an artillery unit or going for non-combat support duties, like he had performed when deployed to Italy ? What was his actual job with his unit ? Did they have an adequate replacement for him ? How did their deployment go without him ?
The timeline is clear: Walz submitted his guard retirement papers in May 2005. The unit’s first call-up notice came in July 2005 and the regiment deployed in March 2006.
Just found this from the BBC. It came out 2 hrs ago. It answers all questions about what's known about both of them.
In February 2005, while he was still in the National Guard, Mr Walz filed an application to run to be elected as a member of Congress from Minnesota.
The following month it was announced that there would be “a possible partial mobilisation of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard” to Iraq within the next two years, according to a 2005 press release from Mr Walz’s congressional campaign.
In the statement, Mr Walz said: “I do not yet know if my artillery unit will be part of this mobilisation.”
He added: “I don’t want to speculate on what shape my campaign will take if I am deployed, but I have no plans to drop out of the race."
Mr Walz then retired from the National Guard in May 2005, which he later said was so he could focus fully on running for Congress.
In the fall of 2005, the HHB&B/1-125 FA were again mobilized – this time to prepare for deployment in
support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. The battalion trained at Camp Shelby Mississippi and was
augmented with elements from Kansas (B/1-161FA) and Kentucky (B&C/2-123AR), as well as nearly 150
individual replacements from 32 states and territories. Though still designated as Strike, 1/34 BCT, the

THE BBC page says they deployed to Iraq in 2006. I'm guessing they went for Security Force base protective duty rather than for combat duty as an artillery unit. The unit did that sort of duty in 2011:
In the summer of 2011, the battalion mobilized and deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
and Operation New Dawn. The battalion provided force protection at Camp Arifjan, Camp Patriot and SPOD E in Southern Kuwait for a 10-month mission.
As long as you're on the topic of service avoidance - How about your expert opinion on Orange Fatso avoiding Vietnam service? and why it's apparently totally fine with you.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Andersen wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:35 pm "Operation: Let Him Talk" is working quite well.
This is why I thought she should mean in and have Pete (gay) or Booker (black) on the ticket. If Pete have him roll out looking like the third man in film form in living color giving two snaps a twist and a kiss regarding the new border hill they sponsor or Booker looking like one of Tupacs outlaws (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlawz) and toss out reparations within earshot of fat sadness in orange glow and let him rip off some inane awful hatred.

Then sit back and cash potus checks.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:42 pm

As long as you're on the topic of service avoidance - How about your expert opinion on Orange Fatso avoiding Vietnam service? and why it's apparently totally fine with you.
The entire post confirms the point he filed before he had any idea what was going down and related to his day job and then the one section is highlighted in red which has no value or relationship to the point. Being discussed on timing.

All to bury the confirmation of no intent to avoid service or whatever weak ass garbage folks like him
Are trying to perpetuate despite the truth being in the body of that text.

Amazing. It’s like when I had to write a white paper to get an allocation for four bank for a clean energy market that was white hot and I put the federal a mandate floor in appendices in a chart showing the production capacity blowing through the floor in 18 mo and yet they gave us the bucket of dough anyways…
ggait

Post by ggait »

...& re. Walz & the timing of his retirement -- it is a matter of public record. He can explain it. I have not criticised him for it. I don't have an opinion about it.
Could you refresh us of your analysis and opinion on the bone spurs? Thx.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

A new poll finds Vice President Kamala Harris leading former President Donald Trump by 3 percentage points nationally — with a massive shift in who independent candidates are supporting three months before Election Day.

The latest NPR/PBS News/Marist poll shows 53% of independent respondents support Harris, while 44% support Trump. The 9-point lead represents a big swing from the previous month, when the former president led by 14 points among independents.

23 point swing to Dems among independents!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:13 pm A new poll finds Vice President Kamala Harris leading former President Donald Trump by 3 percentage points nationally — with a massive shift in who independent candidates are supporting three months before Election Day.

The latest NPR/PBS News/Marist poll shows 53% of independent respondents support Harris, while 44% support Trump. The 9-point lead represents a big swing from the previous month, when the former president led by 14 points among independents.

Yeah I think I generally reflect 60-70%+ of independent views myself and people were tired of Biden and the bs around him the jerkoff staff the constant defenses of everything and regular finger pointing, etc. were offended it wa insulting to many folks intelligence and spitting in their faces vs what was sold in 20 ahr had showed yet. You don’t have to love or be all in on Kamala to move back to that side away from Trump.

I kept telling folks and not liek the way OS and YA tried to chip away y flooding this joint with skewed opeds, etc. this is totally logical to me. And also why middle Rs and Independents won’t move left to Dems. Execution is always baited and whack and costs twice as much and gets less of the intended be fit. Always. But a lot hate thy fat loser bad businessman pos who is destroying our fiat currency status and needed a manhole cover which Joe and his machine proved not to be capable of being. She can do that many will buy now .
a fan

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:13 pm A new poll finds Vice President Kamala Harris leading former President Donald Trump by 3 percentage points nationally — with a massive shift in who independent candidates are supporting three months before Election Day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They DEMAND that Biden step aside. Hammer him for MONTHS about it.

Caught the car. Again.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:32 pm

Yeah I think I generally reflect 60-70%+ of independent views myself and people were tired of Biden and the bs around him the jerkoff staff the constant defenses of everything and regular finger pointing, etc. were offended it wa insulting to many folks intelligence and spitting in their faces vs what was sold in 20 ahr had showed yet. You don’t have to love or be all in on Kamala to move back to that side away from Trump.

I kept telling folks and not liek the way OS and YA tried to chip away y flooding this joint with skewed opeds, etc. this is totally logical to me. And also why middle Rs and Independents won’t move left to Dems. Execution is always baited and whack and costs twice as much and gets less of the intended be fit. Always. But a lot hate thy fat loser bad businessman pos who is destroying our fiat currency status and needed a manhole cover which Joe and his machine proved not to be capable of being. She can do that many will buy now .
well, Joe was an effective "manhole cover" in 2020 and I'd argue gave a valiant effort at running the country with a sense of return to normalcy and even bipartisanship, amidst some pretty darn big crises.

But he didn't have the gas left in the tank to do it in 2024 and beyond and the mood of the country was hungry for something fresher and newer...and younger.

Problem was that the GOP folded up like a cheap suit to Trump and MAGA, totally cowed by the nut jobs in the base, and there he was again, large and loud and very dangerous. Biden's ego just couldn't let go, I think, feeling like he needed to 'finish the job'.

Thank goodness he was persuaded it wasn't too late and thank goodness Harris rallied the troops so swiftly and effectively. At least a bonified shot now.

I agree that IF Trump/MAGA is defeated resoundingly over the next couple of cycles, lots of us will be looking to support some rational, moderate forward looking R's again at some point. Until then, the objective needs to be to bury Trump/MAGA.
molo

Post by molo »

We need to thank former Baltimorean Pelosi for efforts to persuade Biden, who was headed for defeat, to step aside and give the Dems a chance.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:45 pm

well, Joe was an effective "manhole cover" in 2020 and I'd argue gave a valiant effort at running the country with a sense of return to normalcy and even bipartisanship, amidst some pretty darn big crises.

But he didn't have the gas left in the tank to do it in 2024 and beyond and the mood of the country was hungry for something fresher and newer...and younger.

Problem was that the GOP folded up like a cheap suit to Trump and MAGA, totally cowed by the nut jobs in the base, and there he was again, large and loud and very dangerous. Biden's ego just couldn't let go, I think, feeling like he needed to 'finish the job'.

Thank goodness he was persuaded it wasn't too late and thank goodness Harris rallied the troops so swiftly and effectively. At least a bonified shot now.

I agree that IF Trump/MAGA is defeated resoundingly over the next couple of cycles, lots of us will be looking to support some rational, moderate forward looking R's again at some point. Until then, the objective needs to be to bury Trump/MAGA.
It’s more than that set aside the dying crusaders imbeciles and sycophants on that side. Everyone saw and knows the entire comma and pr machine were holes and not cooperative to any critical question or discussion, recycling too many Clinton and Obama folks and the wrong ones. Catering to the special interest and single agenda groups a ton etc. From day 1 he did his thing once he got
The seat including all of that and it was too much. And if there was some sense of humility within that group and him and they acknowledged they could’ve lowered the speed of politicking in the seat a little and misread the mandate I’d be fine but the refusal to be independently held to standard and accountable at all really and always pointing to the other one as if that makes it ok to behave this way is offensive to a lot of people who were asked (begged) to vote for him to make a change from this destructive awful force against maybe many folks beliefs and philosophies and just trust him that it’ll all be calm and ok and I’m just holding down the fort and little more. Many of those were going to sit out or maybe even sadly and regretfully rocking Trump even. Now they have a chance to at least believe in getting rid of this pos and not having to eat all the goals and desires of the other sides Christmas list.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

molo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:23 pm We need to thank former Baltimorean Pelosi for efforts to persuade Biden, who was headed for defeat, to step aside and give the Dems a chance.
If you’re claiming Pelosi for Balt then I’m claiming Tupac for NYC since he was born there.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 4:42 pm

:roll: ...old news. I don't have to comment on everyone who avoided service. I wouldn't be so quick to criticize if I did not serve.

I'm not discussing service avoidance. I'm providing info about Walz's service which is in no way negative.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:07 pm
...& re. Walz & the timing of his retirement -- it is a matter of public record. He can explain it. I have not criticized him for it. I don't have an opinion about it.
Could you refresh us of your analysis and opinion on the bone spurs? Thx.

Boycott stupid.
Who gives a sh!t ? There's too many pols who dodged the draft to make a list.
Both Walz & Vance volunteered to serve when they did not have to. Good on them.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:45 pm

I agree that IF Trump/MAGA is defeated resoundingly over the next couple of cycles, lots of us will be looking to support some rational, moderate forward looking R's again at some point.
Not happening. Republicans will double down.

Look at how Vance behaves. Tells you all you want to know. You can't win R Primaries without bringing the hate.

It will take decades, if at all, to change the Party back to where it was before Trump, let alone where it was before Reagan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Finally. Here's some news about the deployment of Walz's unit. They did deploy to Iraq...for a long time.

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Arti ... eployment/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What’s the pint when it’s clear it was circumstance not intentional avoidance. Case closed this is superfluous flooding of the box to bury the important fact.

Return to “POLITICS”