The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:23 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:39 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:38 am Apparently Vance’s service in U.S. Marine Public Relations, in an air conditioned tent in Iraq writing stories, entitles him to belittle the service of others, including including well-regarded commanders. He really is a perfect Trump running mate.

https://twitter.com/JDVance/status/1495124288864665600
:lol: Same crew who flip out over the flag, and always supporting those who served.

Well, unless they have that magic D by their name. Then F the troops, right guys? :roll:

Go back 12 years ago on this forum, and you'll see the board's R's telling us we're stupid, and that Trumpism will go away in a matter of months.

These people wouldn't know what an American conservative was if one fell on them.
I knew it was just a matter of time until some non-serving keyboard warrior slimed Vance's service.
When embedded as part of USMC Civil Affairs teams, Vance went outside the wire & into local Iraqi villages to interact with the locals,
exposing himself to IEDs & snipers. I wonder how many obits Vance had to write for his fellow Marines.

I recall when it was celebrated when veterans criticized the Generals who ordered them into unpopular wars.
He'd be a hero in afans anti-Vietnam war generation.
That's not my generation, my man. And I have marched to KEEP our troops out of harms way AND, made sure those who returned from the Iraq War that I despised....were thanked and celebrated for doing their jobs. Wasn't the troops choice to go there. That's on Bush.

I have NEVER commented on Vance's service. and have never...not once...done anything but support those who serve in forward positions.

The one mistake I made? Making fun of GW Bush's "weekend warrior" service. I didn't understand that that, too, was a dangerous gig. Once I learned that, I changed my tune immediately courtesy of 2badknees, who explained what Bush's service looked like.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:38 am Apparently Vance’s service in U.S. Marine Public Relations, in an air conditioned tent in Iraq writing stories, entitles him to belittle the service of others, including including well-regarded commanders. He really is a perfect Trump running mate.

The Marines must have some of the best AC units on the planet. Any standard AC unit im aware of won't produce cold air for chit in 115 degree heat.😰
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:35 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 7:38 am Apparently Vance’s service in U.S. Marine Public Relations, in an air conditioned tent in Iraq writing stories, entitles him to belittle the service of others, inkcluding including well-regarded commanders. He really is a perfect Trump running mate.

:lol: Same crew who flip out over the flag, and always supporting those who served.

Well, unless they have that magic D by their name. Then F the troops, right guys? :roll:

Go back 12 years ago on this forum, and you'll see the board's R's telling us we're stupid, and that Trumpism will go away in a matter of months.

These people wouldn't know what an American conservative was if one fell on them.
I knew it was just a matter of time until some non-serving keyboard warrior slimed Vance's service.
When embedded as part of USMC Civil Affairs teams, Vance went outside the wire & into local Iraqi villages to interact with the locals,
exposing himself to IEDs & snipers. I wonder how many obits Vance had to write for his fellow Marines.

I recall when it was celebrated when veterans criticized the Generals who ordered them into unpopular wars.
That's not my generation, my man. And I have marched to KEEP our troops out of harms way AND, made sure those who returned from the Iraq War that I despised....were thanked and celebrated for doing their jobs. Wasn't the troops choice to go there. That's on Bush.

I have NEVER commented on Vance's service. and have never...not once...done anything but support those who serve in forward positions.

The one mistake I made? Making fun of GW Bush's "weekend warrior" service. I didn't understand that that, too, was a dangerous gig. Once I learned that, I changed my tune immediately courtesy of 2badknees, who explained what Bush's service looked like.
2 bad knees was a remarkable man. He always found the best in every person on this forum. He sent me some PMs that I wish I still had.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:39 pmThese people wouldn't know what an American conservative was if one fell on them.
You mean like my all time favorite Conservative ?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

He'd have been a hero in afans anti-Vietnam war generation.

That's a 2 year old post which was a counter-punch to McCaffery's unsolicited attack on Vance, for expressing his honest opinion on Ukraine.
If you were honest, you'd have posted the complete exchange.

https://www.rawstory.com/news/j-d-vance-2668920972/

A two-year-old social media post written by Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) resurfaced on Wednesday...
During his candidacy for the Senate in 2022, the Ohio lawmaker appeared on the right-wing Real America's Voice Network, where he discussed his stance on Ukraine's fight against Russian aggression. He said: "I think it’s ridiculous that we are focused on this border in Ukraine. I got to be honest with you, I don’t really care what happens to Ukraine one way or the other."

At the time, former NBC News commentator and retired Army General Barry McCaffrey replied to a clip of Vance's interview via X (formerly Twitter), writing: "JD Vance is a shameful person unsuitable for public office. His comments are those of a stooge for Russian aggression."

Vance shot back at McCaffrey, saying: "Your entire time in military leadership we won zero wars. You drank fine wine at bulls—t security conferences while thousands of working class kids died on the battlefield. Oh, by the way, how much do you stand to gain financially from a war with Russia, Barry?"
I wasn’t diminishing Vance’s service so much as not condoning his response to McCafferty. The question wasn’t about this non-serving keyboard jockey. The issue was why does Vance feel so small and threatened that he needed to try to excoriate McCafferty’s years of service and tours of duty. Vance served. Walz served. McCafferty served. That’s a choice they made and I’m happy to honor them all for it..until they throw away the spirit of the oath they took.

Waffling from Trump is America’s Hitler to Trump is the visionary leader we need, is, well, kind of an oceanic moral flipflop. I don’t expect rigid consistency over the life of a thinking, learning man. But this — in light of all we know, and all that states us in the face — just bespeaks a complete lack of character and conviction, and a venality that, on reflection, probably synchs nicely with the Trump family grift. And OS “likes” him. So that fits nicely too.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Hilarious coming from you who routinely slammed John Kerry's service on a daily basis - even going so far as to question his record for Purple Heart citation. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
LaCivita (Fatso's campaign chair) led the swift-boating along with you.

Funny also that you didn't object to JDouchebag Vance's complaint about Walz' service record either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:05 pm

He'd have been a hero in afans anti-Vietnam war generation.

That's a 2 year old post which was a counter-punch to McCaffery's unsolicited attack on Vance, for expressing his honest opinion on Ukraine.
If you were honest, you'd have posted the complete exchange.

https://www.rawstory.com/news/j-d-vance-2668920972/

A two-year-old social media post written by Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) resurfaced on Wednesday...
During his candidacy for the Senate in 2022, the Ohio lawmaker appeared on the right-wing Real America's Voice Network, where he discussed his stance on Ukraine's fight against Russian aggression. He said: "I think it’s ridiculous that we are focused on this border in Ukraine. I got to be honest with you, I don’t really care what happens to Ukraine one way or the other."

At the time, former NBC News commentator and retired Army General Barry McCaffrey replied to a clip of Vance's interview via X (formerly Twitter), writing: "JD Vance is a shameful person unsuitable for public office. His comments are those of a stooge for Russian aggression."

Vance shot back at McCaffrey, saying: "Your entire time in military leadership we won zero wars. You drank fine wine at bulls—t security conferences while thousands of working class kids died on the battlefield. Oh, by the way, how much do you stand to gain financially from a war with Russia, Barry?"
I wasn’t diminishing Vance’s service so much as not condoning his response to McCafferty. The question wasn’t about this non-serving keyboard jockey. The issue was why does Vance feel so small and threatened that he needed to try to excoriate McCafferty’s years of service and tours of duty. Vance served. Walz served. McCafferty served. That’s a choice they made and I’m happy to honor them all for it..until they throw away the spirit of the oath they took.
Fair enough. I think that Vance was responding to a shot by McCaffery, from out of nowhere, for calling him "a shameful person, unsuitable for public office" & "a Russian siooge", just because of an honest difference of opinion over how much we should support Ukraine. McCaffery basks in the glory of being a combat General, despite the fact that he needlessly ordered the slaughter of thousands of defenseless Iraqi soldiers on the highway of death, after the war had been won. He then went on to serve as a political appointee in a Dem admin.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:09 pm

Hilarious coming from you who routinely slammed John Kerry's service on a daily basis - even going so far as to question his record for Purple Heart citation. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Funny also that you didn't object to JDouchebag Vance's complaint about Walz' service record either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
:lol: ...a Purple Heart that Kerry requested for a minor shrapnel cut from the blowback of a grenade which he mishandled. He didn't even spend a night in sick bay. His CO said he approved it so he could send Kerry home sooner.

The Marines who served with Vance have not come forward accusing him of Stolen Valor & fabricating his combat record.
Vance didn't throw his Medals into the Potomac. Stick with calling fighter pilot W as a draft dodger.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I don't believe John Kerry ever released the citation awarding him the purple 💜 Unless I missed him doing so at some point in time. I do know he used his 💜 s to get the hell out of Vietnam. That was my criticism of him at that time. He abandoned his crew over injuries that were apparently not serious in nature. Of course we don't really know because John Kerry refused to reveal the citations of why he was awarded the purple 💜.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Anyone listening to this moron — and mean that literally — at his “press conference”? It is astonishing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:36 pm

:lol: ...a Purple Heart that Kerry requested for a minor shrapnel cut from the blowback of a grenade which he mishandled. He didn't even spend a night in sick bay. His CO said he approved it so he could send Kerry home sooner.

The Marines who served with Vance have not come forward accusing him of Stolen Valor & fabricating his combat record.
Vance didn't throw his Medals into the Potomac. Stick with calling fighter pilot W as a draft dodger.
...& re. Walz & the timing of his retirement -- it is a matter of public record. He can explain it. I have not criticised him for it. I don't have an opinion about it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:35 pm

The Marines must have some of the best AC units on the planet. Any standard AC unit im aware of won't produce cold air for chit in 115 degree heat.😰
:D ...good call. ;)

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... n=20240808
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:36 pm Purple Heart that Kerry requested for a minor shrapnel cut from the blowback of a grenade which he mishandled. He didn't even spend a night in sick bay. His CO said he approved it so he could send Kerry home sooner.

Were you there?
There were others who vouched for Kerry's service but they were not as loud (or organized by weasels like LaCivita) - why believe some and not others?

Kerry volunteered for combat duty and served. His subsequent activities do not diminish his actual service.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

J D Stalker Vance has a pattern of attacking military people trying to make himself look better. He has done it before. His attack on the VP candidate was a lie, He is trying to steal valor. He spent six months doing press releases, never saw combat and was safe doing it. A real POS cut from the same cloth as his hiding out candidate. It is nice to see the pattern holding as to who is ok with it. Don the Con and the Stalker.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:43 pm Anyone listening to this moron — and mean that literally — at his “press conference”? It is astonishing.
Off his bloody rocker...boy, crowd sizes sure are bothering him... :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

The press is repeating the mistake of 2016 in giving him so much coverage. There are those who think the press actually wants him to win again because it will be good for ratings. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:09 pm Funny also that you didn't object to JDouchebag Vance's complaint about Walz' service record either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Do you know enough about the situation to form an opinion ? How long before the scheduled deployment did he submit his application to retire ? Was he already preparing to retire & run for office ? What was the impact on his unit ? What was their mission going to be in Iraq ? We're they going into combat as an artillery unit or going for non-combat support duties, like he had performed when deployed to Italy ? What was his actual job with his unit ? Did they have an adequate replacement for him ? How did their deployment go without him ?
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:46 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 2:09 pm Funny also that you didn't object to JDouchebag Vance's complaint about Walz' service record either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Do you know enough about the situation to form an opinion ? How long before the scheduled deployment did he submit his application to retire ? Was he already preparing to retire & run for office ? What was the impact on his unit ? What was their mission going to be in Iraq ? We're they going into combat as an artillery unit or going for non-combat support duties, like he had performed when deployed to Italy ? What was his actual job with his unit ? Did they have an adequate replacement for him ? How did their deployment go without him ?
The timeline is clear: Walz submitted his guard retirement papers in May 2005. The unit’s first call-up notice came in July 2005 and the regiment deployed in March 2006.
old salt

Post by old salt »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:53 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:46 pm
The timeline is clear: Walz submitted his guard retirement papers in May 2005. The unit’s first call-up notice came in July 2005 and the regiment deployed in March 2006.
Just found this from the BBC. It came out 2 hrs ago. It answers all questions about what's known about both of them.
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cze5gzr97ewo
In February 2005, while he was still in the National Guard, Mr Walz filed an application to run to be elected as a member of Congress from Minnesota.
The following month it was announced that there would be “a possible partial mobilisation of roughly 2,000 troops from the Minnesota National Guard” to Iraq within the next two years, according to a 2005 press release from Mr Walz’s congressional campaign.
In the statement, Mr Walz said: “I do not yet know if my artillery unit will be part of this mobilisation.”
He added: “I don’t want to speculate on what shape my campaign will take if I am deployed, but I have no plans to drop out of the race."
Mr Walz then retired from the National Guard in May 2005, which he later said was so he could focus fully on running for Congress.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 3:04 pm J D Stalker Vance has a pattern of attacking military people trying to make himself look better. He has done it before. His attack on the VP candidate was a lie, He is trying to steal valor. He spent six months doing press releases, never saw combat and was safe doing it. A real POS cut from the same cloth as his hiding out candidate. It is nice to see the pattern holding as to who is ok with it. Don the Con and the Stalker.
He may be a degenerate (Vance) but in fairness I get a suspicion mayor Pete’s service was not high risk relative to the volume of promotion of it as well.

Given friends who’ve been severely injured in war zones and their behavior I don’t trust anyone who talks up their service basically. Their cats only talk about it when they’re doing drugs ;weed Xanax and Ritalin usually from one of the jillion doc in a box pill mills you can find everywhere )
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”