~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: ~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 7:33 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:55 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:51 pm That is the kind of crappy low rent candidates OS supports these days.
Kamala's warmup act at her Atlanta rally. Willie Brown 'd hit dat.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/31/style/me ... index.html
Big Williebwas dickin’ her down. :lol: :lol: :lol: wish you could get you some but that thang has been a rice noodle for 25 years. Ornamental and passes urine….sometimes :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:12 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:51 pm That is the kind of crappy low rent candidates OS supports these days.

Big Williebwas dickin’ her down. :lol: :lol: :lol: wish you could get you some but that thang has been a rice noodle for 25 years. Ornamental and passes urine….sometimes :lol: :lol:
Detailed diagnosis. Sounds like you speak from personal experience.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:19 am

It’s been well documented and you obsess over women. You ain’t the first and ain’t going to be the last..
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kamala has an answer for every one of tRump's stupid charges:

https://cdn.prod.dailykos.com/images/13 ... ackWEB.jpg

The battle is only beginning. The next 90+ days should be very interesting:

https://whowhatwhy.org/wp-content/uploa ... x2.jpg.jpg
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Brooklyn wrote: My chief concern, however, are Virginia, Georgia, and the Southwestern states.
Battleground Virginia: Both Harris and Trump campaigns open dozens of offices in Virginia

Youngkin hasn't been a particularly great governor in Virginia and has some high profile failures. The 2021 VA elections seemed to be a whiplash against Biden. Even with the Biden hate, R's barely squeaked out the Governor, LT Gov, and AG.

The manufactured CRT crisis has been "won" (forgotten). With education not at the forefront and womens' rights on the line after the Roe overturn, I could see suburban VA women leaning hard into Harris this cycle. She and Walz will certainly need to make some stops around the state.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m not worried about Virginia. McCauliffe ran a terrible campaign, assuming the governorship was his by rights.

Northern Virginia, where almost all the votes are, will crush Trump.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:15 pm I’m not worried about Virginia. McCauliffe ran a terrible campaign, assuming the governorship was his by rights.

Nevertheless, getting Walz out in a t-shirt and cap or hunting jacket a few times in rural parts of the state can go a long way as well. Take a swing through VA and North Carolina and even go to WVA and Kentucky, as well as Georgia and Florida. Get to those state fairs...

Northern VA is tuned into national politics more than adequately, so Kamala will indeed crush it there, given most salient issues for that crowd.

NC and especially Georgia can be achieved, but that will need some Kamala in-person time as well as Walz. I don't really think Florida is yet up for grabs as the Dem party remains pretty disorganized there, so ground game weaknesses would be problematic. But some state fair time would get national press...

Obviously the blue wall will get the most attention. By far.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:30 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:15 pm I’m not worried about Virginia. McCauliffe ran a terrible campaign, assuming the governorship was his by rights.

Nevertheless, getting Walz out in a t-shirt and cap or hunting jacket a few times in rural parts of the state can go a long way as well. Take a swing through VA and North Carolina and even go to WVA and Kentucky, as well as Georgia and Florida. Get to those state fairs...

Northern VA is tuned into national politics more than adequately, so Kamala will indeed crush it there, given most salient issues for that crowd.

NC and especially Georgia can be achieved, but that will need some Kamala in-person time as well as Walz. I don't really think Florida is yet up for grabs as the Dem party remains pretty disorganized there, so ground game weaknesses would be problematic. But some state fair time would get national press...

NC went for Obama, certainly can go for Harris. Been gerrymandered to heck and back state-wise, but NC could certainly go blue with some attention.

I think some campaigning in Florida (ballot initiatives) and Texas could also force Trump to spend some $$ defensively.

This is gonna be a whirlwind tour. Hope they've learned enough from Clinton's defeat to play things the right way.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:33 pm

NC went for Obama, certainly can go for Harris. Been gerrymandered to heck and back state-wise, but NC could certainly go blue with some attention.

I think some campaigning in Florida (ballot initiatives) and Texas could also force Trump to spend some $$ defensively.

This is gonna be a whirlwind tour. Hope they've learned enough from Clinton's defeat to play things the right way.
yup, and NC has a twice elected Dem Governor who is a friend of both Harris and Walz.
Gettable state if the momentum continues to build.

Georgia has a split GOP, with rational Republicans aligned with Kemp and MAGA nuts that embarrass them, so enthusiasm for Trump/MAGA is relatively low. And Dems are well organized, so, again gettable if the wind is right down the stretch.

I do think Florida is probably out of reach, absent a real blow up by Trump/Vance, but that's more about current Dem organization than anything else. Yes, the ballot initiatives are likely to generate Dem and Ind turnout that favors the Dem ticket, but it would take some serious national winds to have that happen enough to overcome disadvantages...but, yeah, forcing GOP to actually spend there defensively would probably be worth at least some attention. It could also perhaps lay groundwork for future improvement in Dem organization in the state.

And the ballot initiatives are worthwhile in their own right.

Texas is similarly interesting if the winds blow right.

But obviously the blue wall will be most important.

I think the big intangibles are events out of either side's control. I think Harris is likely to be hurt worse by some national or international trauma outside of her control, but Trump is much more likely to self immolate down the stretch than she is.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Agree that they can’t take Virginia for granted. The fact that I’m not concerned doesn’t mean they shouldn’t devote some resources to the state. They absolutely should.

Not sure I would spend any time in Kentucky, West Virginia, or Florida. Time is very short.

Agree, Florida is a lost cause for the Dems this year as it has been recently.

It will be interesting to see how they deploy Walz. I don’t know an awful lot about Wisconsin and Michigan, but would guess they would use him in the rural parts of those states. Hopefully he will spend a lot of time in the rural areas of Pennsylvania where I think he can help.

I think Kamala can certainly help in Georgia and North Carolina. Enough? Just don’t think so. I’m also not optimistic about Arizona and Nevada. Walz might help a little in certain parts of those four states, but probably not enough to get them across the finish line.

I think it is going to come down to the three blue wall states which Harris has to sweep to win.

But, as everyone has noted, people don’t vote for the VP candidate so this is largely on Harris.

And it isn’t even September yet. What October surprises will we see this year? I sure hope the Dems have the one I have been talking about up their sleeves, but that is probably just wishful thinking.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:55 pm

Agree that they can’t take Virginia for granted. The fact that I’m not concerned doesn’t mean they shouldn’t devote some resources to the state. They absolutely should.

Not sure I would spend any time in Kentucky, West Virginia, or Florida. Time is very short.

It will be interesting to see how they deploy Walz. I don’t know an awful lot about Wisconsin and Michigan, but would guess they would use him in the rural parts of those states. Hopefully he will spend a lot of time in the rural areas of Pennsylvania where I think he can help.

I think Kamala can certainly help in Georgia and North Carolina. Enough? Just don’t think so. I’m also not optimistic about Arizona and Nevada. Walz might help a little in certain parts of those four states, but probably not enough to get them across the finish line.

I think it is going to come down to the three blue wall states which Harris has to sweep to win.

But, as everyone has noted, people don’t vote for the VP candidate so this is largely on Harris.

And it isn’t even September yet. What October surprises will we see this year? I sure hope the Dems have the one I have been talking about up their sleeves, but that is probably just wishful thinking.
My guess is that it won’t involve Rudy Giuliani this year.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yes, plenty to be nervous about...both BS October surprises and more importantly any real crises.

The news is very nationalized now, so what I'm saying is that everyday possible, Walz should get on camera somewhere in a t-shirt or hunting jacket etc in some rural area talking straight and vibing authentically with local regular folks...most of whom will be white, but not all. It's not as important where that happens, except that doing so in states not assumed to be swing or Dem will get both local and national attention.

Kamala should do as many big rallies in urban/suburban areas as they can muster in each of the 'gettable' states, numerous such in blue wall, but do it anywhere the crowds will be big and get attention from national press. Walz should join her when they can, and just as importantly get those popular Governors and Senators on camera and onstage heavily as well. Keep Buttigieg and others on TV... AND keep rolling out the big media personalities ala Beyonce and Taylor this fall. Keep that cooking and the social media will have a lot of fun.

That's post convention, where it should be quite a spectacle of such.

Of course, the debates will likely matter.
I think there's a much greater chance of them helping Harris and Walz than the reverse, but I think they may be more important than usual given the recent debacle, so major flubs would be a problem. Harris needs to come across as tough and also authentic, not worried about being labelled in extreme terms, lean in to common sense progressive views and let Trump be the obvious jerk that he is. His base will cheer, but that'll turn off swing voters.

Basically, they need to run a near perfect campaign and get lucky on the "surprises".

I do think Trump has the capacity to self-immolate.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:58 pm

Oh, so you noticed that now the Joe dropped out, no one at FoxNews or the Forum's Deep Staters care about Hunter or his laptop anymore?

Must be a coincidence that no one talks about that anymore. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 1:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:58 pm

Oh, so you noticed that now the Joe dropped out, no one at FoxNews or the Forum's Deep Staters care about Hunter or his laptop anymore?

Must be a coincidence that no one talks about that anymore. :roll:
Old Salt hasn’t mentioned it once but I am sure he will “respond”…..National Review won’t even “respond”.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

The kind of stuff Old Salt likes to read now when Presidential Elections come around:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/31/world-new ... der-lover/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/maga-worl ... fair-story

But he likes the policies of a rapists, liar, fraud, draft dodger, a john that hired prostitutes, a guy that won’t pay his bills and tried to effect a coup.

https://www.rawstory.com/news/trump-unpaid-bills/

But Big Willie was clappin’ cheeks.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Smokedcheddartheassgetter eats noodles on SoundCloud…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmuGBNBBu3A
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

She’s break your back in like five seconds and out you in traction. Just not clear if before or after she ran intellectual circles around you.

But that’s inner city black music so she much be gangsta and a bad human being…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:53 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 8:19 am

It’s been well documented and you obsess over women. You ain’t the first and ain’t going to be the last..
He has a very slow ACC in accounting terms.

That’s would be “a** conversion cycle”. It’s like around 1825 days or so…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:11 am
Brooklyn wrote: My chief concern, however, are Virginia, Georgia, and the Southwestern states.
Battleground Virginia: Both Harris and Trump campaigns open dozens of offices in Virginia

Youngkin hasn't been a particularly great governor in Virginia and has some high profile failures. The 2021 VA elections seemed to be a whiplash against Biden. Even with the Biden hate, R's barely squeaked out the Governor, LT Gov, and AG.

The manufactured CRT crisis has been "won" (forgotten). With education not at the forefront and womens' rights on the line after the Roe overturn, I could see suburban VA women leaning hard into Harris this cycle. She and Walz will certainly need to make some stops around the state.
Shelter Georgia I think she’s taking back a number of black votes that migrated here because Biden is so loathed by a lot of folks almost as much as Trump.

I’ve spent a lot of time on the I81 corridor all the way down the wytheville ans up to the state border and having also lived in nova and know the difference I still see va being more red
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The Carolina’s are far shakier than Georgia for her.

You’re going to have cultural heroes here like Common and Killer Mike rounding votes up like the natives did in gangs of ny in Georgia. And the Atlanta are reps will go 25-30% Kamala I suspect .

Return to “POLITICS”