The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:46 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:42 am Lipstick on a pig reply....KJPlaxfan76. ;) :lol:
I'm really happy with my bacon, youth.
Which country would you prefer to live in over America over the past 4 years?
Seriously, Russia, China?
Japan?, Australia? India? You like what Brexit has done to the Brits?
France? Germany?

What I posted is a truthful and fair perspective.

You and I agree on plenty re various challenges that remain, but that's the thing you're avoiding...I know it all won't be perfect, that governance is darn hard...
I will move to whatever country the libs move to if trump happens to win. :D I will voraciously follow Rick Steves travel adventures and see what he recommends. ;) I've heard Portugal is pretty nice all year round. They have damn good food, Emeril Lagasse grew up on his moms Portuguese cooking. 😋
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:42 am Lipstick on a pig reply....KJPlaxfan76. ;) :lol:
France? Germany?

You and I agree on plenty re various challenges that remain, but that's the thing you're avoiding...I know it all won't be perfect, that governance is darn hard...
Do you remember telling us that as long as the US Dollar is King, everything is cool (paraphrasing your words). So, that would imply of course the US is still going to be better off than other countries, but failing to acknowledge those stats as 'not favorable' is lipstick on a pig.

Fair if you are cherry picking. Terrorist watchlist numbers are brutal, how many bad guys took us down on 9/11? 26 in four years compared to a few hundred....is rather significant. ~21% inflation is rather brutal as well. Nww you can insert it was Trumps fault and Covid19 for all this, b/c the current administration bares no responsibility, especially after they told us they'd fix everything.

Point being, each side tries to do what they believe is right, and sometimes it works, somtimes it does not. Biden/Harris own these numbers, just as they own the favorable one. Are you happy with ~21% inflation or you going to put on lipstick b/c its not ~30% ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:52 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:25 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:54 am For afan's edification.

The Biden-Harris economic record :
-- nearly $7 trillion in new spending
-- Harris broke ties in Senate to pass
(1) $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan
(2) $739 billion Inflation Reduction Act
-- Inflation peaked at 9.1 % in June 2022

Inflation increase, by sector, Jan '21 to Jun '24
Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699
FY '24 == 1,821,652 = 6 mos FYTD Oct-Jun

S border CBP/FBI terrorist watch list arrests between ports of entry
FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

S border Fentanyl seizures
FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs
FY '24 = 14,541 lbs (Oct-Jun)
Strongest recovery from Covid of any developed country in the world.
Strongest job growth, lower inflation.
God forbid we actually invest in infrastructure and strategic technology manufacturing.
Two chief strategic rivals dramatically diminished relative to US from pre 2021.
NATO hugely stronger. Alliances around the world hugely stronger.

Only in MAGA world is improved and more effective border security against fentanyl flow, measured in fentanyl seizures, a negative.
Same for more nailing of terrorist watch list entries.

But hey, keep consuming that MAGA feed.

It's not as if the world isn't a very difficult and dangerous place, nor that governance is easy or smooth or always predictable. Lots WILL go wrong, it's how leadership deals with adversities and setbacks and challenges that matters.

Trump proved to us that he was completely clueless, inept, and dishonest in how he publicly responded to the chief crisis HE faced...bleach and horse dewormer.
How ironic, Biden chose to carry on in the trump tradition of ineptitude and then kicked it up a notch. Keep on selling those sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Do you do your own grocery shopping? Do you fill up your own gas tank? ( Or perhaps plug in your EV?) When you were still in Maryland did your property taxes go down? Have your utility bills gone down? These are the type of increases that are burdening middle America.
Here in NYS in my wife and my world...
Property taxes up 8%... waiting for this years bill

Grocery Bill up around 10%... we are doing more shopping at Aldi's.

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

Thanks for reminding me again how good we have it under Biden. We hadn't noticed before. ;)

Oh and NATO is getting stronger. That armored brigade being pre positioned in Poland happens to be from The United States Army. Why not France? Why not Germany? Why not Great Britain? The last time I checked they have armored brigades as well. NATO is stronger because of the commitment made by the United States.
:roll:

Yup and my home value was up 50%.
That was good news. The bad news was that where we will be buying had more than doubled, though coming back to earth now (BTW, if we actually want to talk about policy problems not yet well addressed by either party, affordable and middle class housing is a big one...probably deserves its own thread)

I know it's difficult to imagine if you just stay in one spot, but the entire world went through a nearly unimaginable trauma and America came out the strongest of any major developed country. FACT.

And yes, Biden's leadership has been crucial in the strengthening and expansion of NATO. Yes, America's renewed commitments have been crucial to encouraging others to dramatically ramp up their own as well as the attractiveness to Finland and Sweden to join NATO. And Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia and Ukraine wish to join too.

Of course, that leadership was not in a vacuum. Putin's invasion was an enormous challenge and wake-up call for European allies, setting the context. But you are correct that without America's, and specifically Biden's, leadership it's quite possible that NATO would have collapsed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:57 am
France? Germany?

I will move to whatever country the libs move to if trump happens to win. :D I will voraciously follow Rick Steves travel adventures and see what he recommends. ;) I've heard Portugal is pretty nice all year round. They have damn good food, Emeril Lagasse grew up on his moms Portuguese cooking. 😋
cradle, what countries beyond the US have you ever traveled and how long ago?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Meanwhile, more on the bear carcass:

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/18 ... 9142779953
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:07 am

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs
God forbid we actually invest in infrastructure and strategic technology manufacturing.
Two chief strategic rivals dramatically diminished relative to US from pre 2021.

Only in MAGA world is improved and more effective border security against fentanyl flow, measured in fentanyl seizures, a negative.

It's not as if the world isn't a very difficult and dangerous place, nor that governance is easy or smooth or always predictable. Lots WILL go wrong, it's how leadership deals with adversities and setbacks and challenges that matters.

Trump proved to us that he was completely clueless, inept, and dishonest in how he publicly responded to the chief crisis HE faced...bleach and horse dewormer.
How ironic, Biden chose to carry on in the trump tradition of ineptitude and then kicked it up a notch. Keep on selling those sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Do you do your own grocery shopping? Do you fill up your own gas tank? ( Or perhaps plug in your EV?) When you were still in Maryland did your property taxes go down? Have your utility bills gone down? These are the type of increases that are burdening middle America.

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

Thanks for reminding me again how good we have it under Biden. We hadn't noticed before. ;)

Oh and NATO is getting stronger. That armored brigade being pre positioned in Poland happens to be from The United States Army. Why not France? Why not Germany? Why not Great Britain? The last time I checked they have armored brigades as well. NATO is stronger because of the commitment made by the United States.

That was good news. The bad news was that where we will be buying had more than doubled, though coming back to earth now (BTW, if we actually want to talk about policy problems not yet well addressed by either party, affordable and middle class housing is a big one...probably deserves its own thread)

I know it's difficult to imagine if you just stay in one spot, but the entire world went through a nearly unimaginable trauma and America came out the strongest of any major developed country. FACT.

And yes, Biden's leadership has been crucial in the strengthening and expansion of NATO. Yes, America's renewed commitments have been crucial to encouraging others to dramatically ramp up their own as well as the attractiveness to Finland and Sweden to join NATO. And Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia and Ukraine wish to join too.

Of course, that leadership was not in a vacuum. Putin's invasion was an enormous challenge and wake-up call for European allies, setting the context. But you are correct that without America's, and specifically Biden's, leadership it's quite possible that NATO would have collapsed.
Yep, our home value went up about 40%. Guess what followed my man, the Town of Irondequoit decided it was time to reassess property values. Hence the reason our tax rate for 2025 will probably rise another 6 to 8%. That bill will be in the mail the first week of September. ;)
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:05 am
France? Germany?

Do you remember telling us that as long as the US Dollar is King, everything is cool (paraphrasing your words). So, that would imply of course the US is still going to be better off than other countries, but failing to acknowledge those stats as 'not favorable' is lipstick on a pig.

Fair if you are cherry picking. Terrorist watchlist numbers are brutal, how many bad guys took us down on 9/11? 26 in four years compared to a few hundred....is rather significant. ~21% inflation is rather brutal as well. Nww you can insert it was Trumps fault and Covid19 for all this, b/c the current administration bares no responsibility, especially after they told us they'd fix everything.

Point being, each side tries to do what they believe is right, and sometimes it works, somtimes it does not. Biden/Harris own these numbers, just as they own the favorable one. Are you happy with ~21% inflation or you going to put on lipstick b/c its not ~30% ;)
well, that's some nifty "paraphrasing". Yes, I'd agree that we have a huge strategic advantage due to currency, but that's only a strength that reflects the underlying relative strength of our economy.

and our economy continues to be the most resilient and robust in the world. And that's under Biden/Dem leadership. With finally a big portion of our dollars being spent actually going to long term investments instead of sugar highs.

Of course I don't like 21% inflation over 3.5-4 years, but I'll take it over 30-80% any day.

https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper ... OWORLD/VEN

Show me a major developed country which has fared better post Covid shock...come on...

I'm not blaming Trump for Covid, it happened to entire world. I do blame him for the divisiveness which added to the trauma, and I'm sure glad so many people recognized how horrible his leadership really was in a crisis, but he doesn't deserve blame for the crisis itself. Same for Biden...I just appreciate that Biden kept his cool, had a plan and stuck to it. Hard job. Trump failed. Biden succeeded. Not perfectly, but better than the rest of the world.

Sure, didn't take many terrorists to do enormous damage. And this is always going to be the advantage of asymmetric warfare.

So, vigilance is crucial. Catching the bad guys matters.
But they have a big advantage in an open free society like ours.

But I'll take our open and free society over an authoritarian one any day.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:17 am

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

Yep, our home value went up about 40%. Guess what followed my man, the Town of Irondequoit decided it was time to reassess property values. Hence the reason our tax rate for 2025 will probably rise another 6 to 8%. That bill will be in the mail the first week of September. ;)
yup. Understood.

Though I suspect your town has a defined cycle not some arbitrary decision.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

France? Germany?

Thought for a second we were talking cops in which case I’m still dropping cyoress hills famous “Pigs” here.

“It’s all about breaking off sausage…”

https://youtu.be/llpHcXBwmfk?si=YmRj9uOFzwoLQPDD
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:07 am ... expansion of NATO. ... And Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia and Ukraine wish to join too.
:roll: ...What a great deal for us. No history of corrupt govts & ethnic wars threre. Will help the EU market, on our dime.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:07 am ... expansion of NATO. ... And Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia and Ukraine wish to join too.
:roll: ...What a great deal for us. No history of corrupt govts & ethnic wars threre. Will help the EU market, on our dime.
Maybe you can convince them to help in your fight to free Venezuela. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:23 am

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

yup. Understood.

Our town undertook reassessments about 2 years ago. Quite coincidentally when property values hit their peak. Imagine that!! ;)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:30 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 am
Maybe you can convince them to help in your fight to free Venezuela. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe Venezuela can give the US some pointers about how to run an election? And some folks on this this forum think trump got pissy about election results. :D
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:57 am
France? Germany?

cradle, what countries beyond the US have you ever traveled and how long ago?
The US Army sent us to Panama. I've been to Greece with my oldest son in 2000. Then my wife and I went to Italy, then Mexico and a cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Martens and St. Kitts. Canada many times.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

yup. Understood.

I hope just heuristics and you understand that such vol in HPA is not healthy or “good” for anyone. The 20-22 period for real estate, commercial and residential will not be looked upon favorably, worse than it is today. SFR aggregators and multifamily syndicators like Tides are destroying their portfolios not investing in the assets and corresponding R&M/capex such that supply of housing that’s habitable is decaying by the day and that was all supported by the period we went from $1.5Tb in excess reserves held at the Fed to $3.3Tn. Mnuchin buying off Yrc union labor was a joke and they’re BK now but Biden dropping excess stimulus and the student loan moratorium running 42mo and the rental
Moratorium running long were bad bad choices by this admin. I will never let them off the hook for it.

Further neither Biden or Trump controlled the Fed and their actions the last 7yrs. We were heading for a modest recession in 20 and folks kind of knew that based on Q419 patterns in credit markets. They didn’t bother to recognize that when they blew their load in 21-22 right before the Fed had no choice but to start unwinding the rate regime.

I get you arguing with cradle so being technically accurate doesn’t matter when the other person lives with their own reality I do have to hold you as someone I find credible to a higher standard here which I’m sure you won’t take personally.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:36 am

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

yup. Understood.

Our town undertook reassessments about 2 years ago. Quite coincidentally when property values hit their peak. Imagine that!! ;)
They will again and folks will appeal now and watch your services drop like a storm as collections recede.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/sites/d ... -05-01.pdf

Here’s a long primer on the future of Boston tax revenues-I’ve mentioned that anything over 3.5% of assessed value is a bit some for muni bond:finance

https://ryan.com/about-ryan/articles/bo ... d-impacts/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

Don’t have 30yr fixed with negative convexity mortgage convention guaranteed by the us govt, limit and restructure the gses and revise a lot of hud expansion from 94 (including some Of my boy kemps work sadly) and you fix a lot of middle class housing issues. That, reduce or totally revamp govt gtd student lending and make student debt dischargeable and remove state line insurance laws and you solve 1/3 of the country’s issues JUST LIKE THAT

BTW naked school admin can yell at em for. Use CPACE on CRE. I’m now a deviant advisor and was given a piece of a code administrator CleanFund so I will trump the s**t out of it to get me an increase in franchise value .
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:36 am

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs

Gas Bill up

Utility Bill up

yup. Understood.

Every two years in my area. Just more noticeable when there's a big jump.
ggait

Post by ggait »

France? Germany?
Canada is very nice.

And given global warming, climate is much more pleasant in the winter than it used to be.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Food == 21.5%
Shelter == 21.6%
Energy == 32.8%
Overall == 19.2%

CBP SW border encounters
FY '21 == 1,734,686
FY '22 == 2,378.944
FY '23 == 2,475,699

FY 2017 to 2021 = 26
FY 2022 = 98
FY 2023 = 169
FY 2024 = 93 (Oct-Jun)

FY '21 = 10,586 lbs
FY '22 = 14.104 lbs
FY '23 = 26,718 lbs
Derpity-Derp Derp. Dems are bad. You're now in Pete Brown territory. And I'm going to treat you like the troll you have become.

Return to “POLITICS”