The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

Trump is crazy. He's back in GA, ripping the (R) Governor & Sec of State, re-litigating the 2020 election, praising the (R) LtGov & the GA (R)'s who supported him. Dividing the GA (R)'s. In 2020, he caused the (R)'s to lose 2 GA Senate seats & control of the Senate. He's doing it again. He's gonna lose GA & he's gonna lose the election. Kamala went to GA & put on a rock concert. Trump is toast.

I really like JD Vance, but with the abortion issue & now running against Kamala, Trump should have picked Nikki Haley as his VP, forget about the 2020 election & stop trying to settle personal scores. Had he done that, he'd win in a landslide. He's playing right into the Dems' hands.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:23 am Trump is crazy. He's back in GA, ripping the (R) Governor & Sec of State, re-litigating the 2020 election, praising the (R) LtGov & the GA (R)'s who supported him. Dividing the GA (R)'s. In 2020, he caused the (R)'s to lose 2 GA Senate seats & control of the Senate. He's doing it again. He's gonna lose GA & he's gonna lose the election. Kamala went to GA & put on a rock concert. Trump is toast.

I really like JD Vance, but with the abortion issue & now running against Kamala, Trump should have picked Nikki Haley as his VP, forget about the 2020 election & stop trying to settle personal scores. Had he done that, he'd win in a landslide. He's playing right into the Dems' hands.
And the Democrats are enjoying every minute of it.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:23 am Trump is crazy. He's back in GA, ripping the (R) Governor & Sec of State, re-litigating the 2020 election, praising the (R) LtGov & the GA (R)'s who supported him. Dividing the GA (R)'s. In 2020, he caused the (R)'s to lose 2 GA Senate seats & control of the Senate. He's doing it again. He's gonna lose GA & he's gonna lose the election. Kamala went to GA & put on a rock concert. Trump is toast.

Who are you and what have you done with Salty??
I really like JD Vance
Oh, wait... :shock:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:50 pm What makes Harris so incredibly sh(TTY as you say?
Great question....
Few even considered her viable to stay in the darned race 4 years ago, and now all of a sudden she is the chosen rock star just b/c Joe carried her on his back across the threshold of the The White House. Then is handpicked by who-knows-who behind the curtain of ~48 hour pivot by Joe, It's speaks volumes about how things actually are run....it's not what you know, its who you know.

Maybe I'm just too cynical. I've watched far too many people get elevated into roles they otherwise would never reach without 'knowing' someone.

In the end, I suppose what really irks me about all this, and it ties into the commonality of my posts, is as much as I don't like Trump, he made it to the top in politics on his own, as opposed to so many others, to include Harris....when as I said earlier, damned near no one wanted her before.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:26 am In the end, I suppose what really irks me about all this, and it ties into the commonality of my posts, is as much as I don't like Trump, he made it to the top in politics on his own, as opposed to so many others, to include Harris....when as I said earlier, damned near no one wanted her before.
You neglected to mention that Orange Fatso made it to the top alone because he is a THERMONUCLEAR A-HOLE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:26 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 10:50 pm What makes Harris so incredibly sh(TTY as you say?
Great question....
Few even considered her viable to stay in the darned race 4 years ago, and now all of a sudden she is the chosen rock star just b/c Joe carried her on his back across the threshold of the The White House. Then is handpicked by who-knows-who behind the curtain of ~48 hour pivot by Joe, It's speaks volumes about how things actually are run....it's not what you know, its who you know.

Maybe I'm just too cynical. I've watched far too many people get elevated into roles they otherwise would never reach without 'knowing' someone.

In the end, I suppose what really irks me about all this, and it ties into the commonality of my posts, is as much as I don't like Trump, he made it to the top in politics on his own, as opposed to so many others, to include Harris....when as I said earlier, damned near no one wanted her before.
Totally cynical. Boo on you! She could give a roomful of Nobel Prize winning economists a run for their money. A few years ago she dropped the mic after an inflation masterclass...

https://x.com/AgoristN/status/1819789093779476838

:lol: Couldn't resist (and, yes, we could play soundbite insanity with every single politician in America).
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:04 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:26 am In the end, I suppose what really irks me about all this, and it ties into the commonality of my posts, is as much as I don't like Trump, he made it to the top in politics on his own, as opposed to so many others, to include Harris....when as I said earlier, damned near no one wanted her before.
You neglected to mention that Orange Fatso made it to the top alone because he is a THERMONUCLEAR A-HOLE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not many people make it to the top by being Mr Nice Guy. How many mega billionaires have personalities that resemble Mr Rogers? They get to the top by being ruthless and cutthroat. It's who they become once they have reached the top.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:49 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:12 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:59 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:53 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:42 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:36 pm Or admit that black Americans also have jobs that aren't low skill entry level....so what Trump said was stupid.
:lol: ...your usual all-or-nothing logic fail. I didn't say "all black jobs'.
I ask again -- do you dispute Kirsanow's data ?
I've never met someone who has your education, and is THIS partisan, and won't just own the partisanship, and recognize you are ALWAYS going to look at everything with a R by it in the best possible light....and anything with a D by it in the worst possible light. Just a hair of self awareness would help you SO much.

So to answer your question: you can play the EXACT same stupid game with Biden's quote "if you don't vote for me, you're not black".

Because GENERALLY speaking, Biden's is saying his economic policies are better for black Americans than Trump's.

Which is why it's a racist thing to say. Now apply that to Trump and "black jobs". Get it?
:lol: ...No. Biden is telling them if they don't vote for him, they're not authentically black.
The same thing you're upset about Trump doing to Kamala.
JB has also insinuated via his never ending criticism of Clarence Thomas that certainly is not authentically black. If you don't agree with JB a 100% you can't possibly be authentically black. FTR what exactly is the criteria to be declared " authentically black "? I'm guessing rule #1 is to be a registered Democrat? :D
Judge Joe Brown was a registered democrat for a long time. Sounds like he is not authentically black either.

Especially if you heard all those tirades on WorldStar about Kamala being a who-ahh and Joe an extreme racist.
Maybe some of our more progressive friends on this forum can compose 2 lists to simplify this dilemma for those of us not as enlightened as they are.
One list for authentically black
One list for faux black
8-)
If you’re afraid of then, which is likely shade driven, they black. If you’re not, they ain’t black. Probably more likely viet cong then.
Strike #1.... Take another swing.
Oh no I nailed it. And trust me in this world on a relative basis I’m the pitcher and your more catcher so let me explain how right I am

https://youtu.be/bW-0viHBEHU?si=iTeecPbBr_1yWIoK
Steeeeeeerike # 2 a whiffer of a swing... :D
The ignorance and racist illiteracy of one participant in this is off the charts
Steeeeeeerike #1 another whiffer, feel that cool breeze
Remember the time Leo Durocher sp sent a midget to bat im major league baseball? He stood at the plate and did not contribute anything but enjoyed the breeze as he walked. No talent. A midget soon out of baseball. “When you ain’t got nothing you got nothing to lose” Bob Dylan.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Great question....
Folks told the Dems that Biden is too old to run for months on end, and then got mad when he did what they asked, and stepped down....leaving his VP to run.

We VOTED for Kamala, YA. You're intentionally ignoring that. She was on the ticket, and she won the election. Now Biden steps aside, and her name is on all the campaign reports and bank accounts....the money needed to keep the campaign running. Next time folks should pay closer attention to who the VP is before demanding that the old guy step down.

Just looking at raw numbers, Vance is likely to be our President in the next five years. Think on that.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:26 am Maybe I'm just too cynical. I've watched far too many people get elevated into roles they otherwise would never reach without 'knowing' someone.

:lol: If you ignore that he started two inches from home base, born to what would now be a billionaire father.....sure. :roll:

He got where he is on Daddy's money. There's nothing wrong with that, but if it's a contest on who got where on their own? Kamala wins.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:32 am
Great question....
Folks told the Dems that Biden is too old to run for months on end, and then got mad when he did what they asked, and stepped down....leaving his VP to run.

We VOTED for Kamala, YA. You're intentionally ignoring that. She was on the ticket, and she won the election. Now Biden steps aside, and her name is on all the campaign reports and bank accounts....the money needed to keep the campaign running. Next time folks should pay closer attention to who the VP is before demanding that the old guy step down.

Just looking at raw numbers, Vance is likely to be our President in the next five years. Think on that.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:26 am Maybe I'm just too cynical. I've watched far too many people get elevated into roles they otherwise would never reach without 'knowing' someone.

:lol: If you ignore that he started two inches from home base, born to what would now be a billionaire father.....sure. :roll:

He got where he is on Daddy's money. There's nothing wrong with that, but if it's a contest on who got where on their own? Kamala wins.
She is a DEI hire. Nobody would have selected a black woman to run anything if it weren’t for a woke agenda. It is that SIMPLE.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Great question....

Joe sucked as a candidate multiple times. Until he didn’t and beat Trump.

You are just pissed that Trump (who you obviously love) now has a tougher opponent. Spare us your troll fake concern.

Dems are thrilled with Harris. Because she can win. $310 million raised in a couple weeks and a 300% increase in win probability.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote

We VOTED for Kamala, YA. You're intentionally ignoring that. She was on the ticket, and she won the election.
I don't believe this is the whole story. What we actually did was vote for anyone other than Trump and Kamala was one of the beneficiaries of that. Pretty much the same old story in recent history, we vote for who we see as the lesser of two evils (Trump was that guy v Hillary) not for who we think is the right and good person for the job.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:11 pm
a fan wrote

We VOTED for Kamala, YA. You're intentionally ignoring that. She was on the ticket, and she won the election.
I don't believe this is the whole story. What we actually did was vote for anyone other than Trump and Kamala was one of the beneficiaries of that. Pretty much the same old story in recent history, we vote for who we see as the lesser of two evils (Trump was that guy v Hillary) not for who we think is the right and good person for the job.
Who would that be this time around and why?
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote

Well, sure. You can put me on that list of holding my nose and voting for Biden.

But that doesn't mean I didn't vote for Biden/Kamala. I did.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I'd like to hear someone on the right or middle explain what exactly they don't like about Kamala.
Sure, there might be someone else we'd prefer, but what is it that you don't actually like?
Is it actually disqualifying?

Now, do the same for Trump.

Frankly, I just didn't think she had the charisma to win.
I worry about that, but it sure looks like she's going to attract a ton of such around her, as well as run a disciplined campaign...and if she does so, that bodes well for a disciplined White House. Competent people matter.

She's plenty smart, achieved serious positions through hard work and election processes, hasn't fouled the bed along the way with corruption or ineptitude, and isn't super extreme in any direction. So, acceptable, IMO.

And, of course, I'd vote for a manhole cover over Trump/MAGA/Project 2025 at this point.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

dislaxxic wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:23 am

I really like JD Vance

,,, :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:46 pm

I really like JD Vance

The obvious conclusion is that trump enjoys running for president more than he is concerned about winning. Besides, isn't his ass suppose to be heading to jail in September? 8-)
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:09 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:49 pm
OCanada wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 4:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:12 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 2:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:59 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:53 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:42 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:36 pm Or admit that black Americans also have jobs that aren't low skill entry level....so what Trump said was stupid.
:lol: ...your usual all-or-nothing logic fail. I didn't say "all black jobs'.
I ask again -- do you dispute Kirsanow's data ?
I've never met someone who has your education, and is THIS partisan, and won't just own the partisanship, and recognize you are ALWAYS going to look at everything with a R by it in the best possible light....and anything with a D by it in the worst possible light. Just a hair of self awareness would help you SO much.

So to answer your question: you can play the EXACT same stupid game with Biden's quote "if you don't vote for me, you're not black".

Because GENERALLY speaking, Biden's is saying his economic policies are better for black Americans than Trump's.

Which is why it's a racist thing to say. Now apply that to Trump and "black jobs". Get it?
:lol: ...No. Biden is telling them if they don't vote for him, they're not authentically black.
The same thing you're upset about Trump doing to Kamala.
JB has also insinuated via his never ending criticism of Clarence Thomas that certainly is not authentically black. If you don't agree with JB a 100% you can't possibly be authentically black. FTR what exactly is the criteria to be declared " authentically black "? I'm guessing rule #1 is to be a registered Democrat? :D
Judge Joe Brown was a registered democrat for a long time. Sounds like he is not authentically black either.

Especially if you heard all those tirades on WorldStar about Kamala being a who-ahh and Joe an extreme racist.
Maybe some of our more progressive friends on this forum can compose 2 lists to simplify this dilemma for those of us not as enlightened as they are.
One list for authentically black
One list for faux black
8-)
If you’re afraid of then, which is likely shade driven, they black. If you’re not, they ain’t black. Probably more likely viet cong then.
Strike #1.... Take another swing.
Oh no I nailed it. And trust me in this world on a relative basis I’m the pitcher and your more catcher so let me explain how right I am

https://youtu.be/bW-0viHBEHU?si=iTeecPbBr_1yWIoK
Steeeeeeerike # 2 a whiffer of a swing... :D
The ignorance and racist illiteracy of one participant in this is off the charts
Steeeeeeerike #1 another whiffer, feel that cool breeze
Remember the time Leo Durocher sp sent a midget to bat im major league baseball? He stood at the plate and did not contribute anything but enjoyed the breeze as he walked. No talent. A midget soon out of baseball. “When you ain’t got nothing you got nothing to lose” Bob Dylan.
I don't know what your problem is but I'm guessing it's hard to pronounce. :D
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:15 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:46 pm

I really like JD Vance

The obvious conclusion is that trump enjoys running for president more than he is concerned about winning. Besides, isn't his ass suppose to be heading to jail in September? 8-)
The above has always been accurate, it's just even more so now that senility is really impacting him so heavily.

He's always been a psychopathic narcissist, dishonest and mean spirited to his core, but senility amplifies his lack of impulse control.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 12:26 pm
a fan wrote

Who would that be this time around and why?
I don't follow any of it closely enough to give you any kind of thought out and qualified answer.
I find pretty much the entire system to be a cesspool of corruption. He who lies, cheats, twists,
and manipulates wins...see Trump as a fine example. Foreign campaign investors (nfw that should
be allowed), big biz investors, lobbyists, etc. I feel as if the EC dilutes the power of your vote too
(see Trump again). Two party system? C'mon.

Return to “POLITICS”