Post by 10stone5 »

Its Boyle’s job
but they’ll probably talk to Conor.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:06 pm Its Boyle’s job
but they’ll probably talk to Conor.
I think you guys should back up the truck for Raymond in Geneva!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:42 am
Brownlax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:06 am
Magbride14 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:19 am Hey, with the Drexel job opening up, the Dragons should keep it on the main line and poaching Simon Conor from Nova, 18 years as Mike Corrados assistant, time to run his motion offense in Philly & he would not even have to move from his house
Are you Simon Conor’s dad? I hope so because you have posted numerous times that he would be the best hire at numerous schools 😂
Only topic he’s addressed it’s funny:
I don't think Conor has any interest in being Head Coach anywhere but Villanova. Don't think he's ever interviewed for another position.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:42 am
Brownlax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:06 am
Magbride14 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:19 am Hey, with the Drexel job opening up, the Dragons should keep it on the main line and poaching Simon Conor from Nova, 18 years as Mike Corrados assistant, time to run his motion offense in Philly & he would not even have to move from his house
Are you Simon Conor’s dad? I hope so because you have posted numerous times that he would be the best hire at numerous schools 😂
Only topic he’s addressed it’s funny:
I don't think Conor has any interest in being Head Coach anywhere but Villanova. Don't think he's ever interviewed for another position.
Unless nova has some sweet defined benefit package 18yrs is a lot to invest to walk
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

GoBears wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:50 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:14 am
GoBears wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:04 am Sounds like my alma mater (D3 - SUNY Potsdam) has hired a D1 asst and will be announcing soon! Has anyone in this space heard any rumblings around staff departures? Was told it was someone from a respectable program and they had several D1 assts that interviewed.
St. Bonnies AC - Gill Conners
Appreciate it, I assumed someone heard something through the grapevine by now
Potsdam still hasn't announced.

But to give a little more credence: https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/203526 ... osse-coach
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

GaitsRightHand wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:58 am
GoBears wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 5:50 pm
GaitsRightHand wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:14 am
GoBears wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:04 am Sounds like my alma mater (D3 - SUNY Potsdam) has hired a D1 asst and will be announcing soon! Has anyone in this space heard any rumblings around staff departures? Was told it was someone from a respectable program and they had several D1 assts that interviewed.
St. Bonnies AC - Gill Conners
Appreciate it, I assumed someone heard something through the grapevine by now
Potsdam still hasn't announced.

But to give a little more credence: https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/203526 ... osse-coach
Posted now: https://potsdambears.com/news/2024/7/29 ... 72924.aspx
Magbride14

Post by Magbride14 »

Hey there FarFromGeneva, I know for a fact that Simon has been contacted over the years by other Div 1 programs for HC positions & my point about 18 years as an assistant , was that most coaches strive to be a HC & to run their own show, & on another note I really think that it is time for Hobart to go back to Div 3 along with all their other sports, they have not really done well up in Div 1
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Magbride14 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:16 pm Hey there FarFromGeneva, I know for a fact that Simon has been contacted over the years by other Div 1 programs for HC positions & my point about 18 years as an assistant , was that most coaches strive to be a HC & to run their own show, & on another note I really think that it is time for Hobart to go back to Div 3 along with all their other sports, they have not really done well up in Div 1
simon is tied with hobart in division 1 nc$$ tournament wins, pick a lane.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Magbride14 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:16 pm Hey there FarFromGeneva, I know for a fact that Simon has been contacted over the years by other Div 1 programs for HC positions & my point about 18 years as an assistant , was that most coaches strive to be a HC & to run their own show, & on another note I really think that it is time for Hobart to go back to Div 3 along with all their other sports, they have not really done well up in Div 1
Said the 1 trick pony. Anything else in your quiver??
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A. Great for him. He’s still there. The kinder interpretation is he wants to be successor most other reasons he’s interviewed and still there are less so. Get it?
B. Some want t be assistants forever which if that’s the case then your efforts here are really funny.. Like not just mind if funny mixed with depressing.
C. Woo boy. If that’s your shot, well…tupac (still alive today for those who know what time it is like me and Jaylen from Night School meaning the revolution will not be robiticized on my watch - https://youtu.be/KQeAjcqxg2Y?si=UgmgYWH-KNLzy00O), five shots more lethal than that weak game brung quoted above and still came up with something carrying a comparable level of Vitriol as you really need to bring to a online slap boxing fight with FFG. So next time study up on this masterpiece in chopping another person up first and bring something worth responding to so I don’t just pass you off my outlaws homie like Hussain to explain how you need to get spanked right for setting traps-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41qC3w3UUkU
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:22 pm
simon is tied with hobart in division 1 nc$$ tournament wins, pick a lane.
Corrado interviewed in Geneva when they hired Raymond as a matter of fact.

It’s such a soft shot I can’t even muster any energy to break some off of him.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Nova hasn't exactly been in the lacrosse conversation for, well ever...
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 9:28 pm
Said the 1 trick pony. Anything else in your quiver??
This is a ridiculous thread, do any of you know Simon? Have you ever discussed his desire to leave Villanova? Magbride14 you constantly bring him up here like you are his agent. I do know him and asked him recently if he knows who was constantly bringing up his name here and he said he never reads this and has no idea. He is currently interested in the job he has and the Head job at Villanova when Mike leaves, the rest of this is pure uneducated speculation. Now carry on with the rest of your summer.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Villanova lacrosse is much more SE PA oriented,

not nearly national yet, though that will change as they get full scholarship in addition to new NCAA regs.

They picked up probably the top SE PA prospect from Radnor for 2024 (read: top SE PA pickup that didn’t go to a top 5-10).
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Connor guy is one of the more successful trolls in the history of this forum. He's been doing this bit for years and it still gets people riled up. You almost have to respect the commitment and discipline.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:25 pm Connor guy is one of the more successful trolls in the history of this forum. He's been doing this bit for years and it still gets people riled up. You almost have to respect the commitment and discipline.
it's the only reason i look forward to the coaching carousel thread.
Doxology

Post by Doxology »

https://athletics.capital.edu/news/2024 ... ition.aspx

Anyone have an idea as to where he's landing?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:33 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:25 pm Connor guy is one of the more successful trolls in the history of this forum. He's been doing this bit for years and it still gets people riled up. You almost have to respect the commitment and discipline.
it's the only reason i look forward to the coaching carousel thread.

Don’t forget the result is xyz coach on the hot seat? Threads
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:18 pm Villanova lacrosse is much more SE PA oriented,

not nearly national yet, though that will change as they get full scholarship in addition to new NCAA regs.

They picked up probably the top SE PA prospect from Radnor for 2024 (read: top SE PA pickup that didn’t go to a top 5-10).
Villanova is hardly SE PA oriented, yes they get some good players from there. However historically their top players are from LI, NJ, and NEngland, some Maryland. They have tried for years to keep Dox Aitkens, Grant Aments, Matt Rambo’s etc. Hopefully the Radnor kid will be a star.

I have been following the program for 40 years have no reason to believe these new NCAA rules will increase scholarships at VU.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Doxology wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:45 pm https://athletics.capital.edu/news/2024 ... ition.aspx

Anyone have an idea as to where he's landing?
Totally going to speculate here, but I know he's been recruiting SE PA very hard this past year and well into this summer. Could be backfill the Drexel OC position?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”