Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by youthathletics »

Spoken like the guy that went off on a rant last week and said others are beneath him. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:44 pm Spoken like the guy that went off on a rant last week and said others are beneath him. ;)
You mean where I said I have the high ground?

It's not opinion...it's fact. If you can recognize that Maddow can pump the airwaves with exaggerated hyperbole about TrumpNation......yet at the same time, can't recognize the same for FoxNation?

Yes. You are by definition on the low ground, drooling in your shoes. ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:44 pm Spoken like the guy that went off on a rant last week and said others are beneath him. ;)

It's not opinion...it's fact. If you can recognize that Maddow can pump the airwaves with exaggerated hyperbole about TrumpNation......yet at the same time, can't recognize the same for FoxNation?

My post was not intended for you.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:39 pm

Wait....so you agree I have the high ground, and therefore don't comment? (kidding)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:18 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:59 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:54 pm Yeah, I really enjoyed being locked down for 4 years in an all male juvenile detention facility. Tell me again what a great deal it was.
Great. If it's such a bad deal....ban men from attending. Problem solved.

I give you a direct example of sorting by race and gender, and you come on here and act like that didn't count, and change the subject to how hard the school was. As if that has anything to do with anything.

old salt wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:25 am I'm not mad at all. But that's ok, because you're mad enough for both of us.
My post which started your pissing contest was in praise of the Indian-American community.
Yeah. So pretend like you don't know that new Indian-Americans didn't have deal with segregation like Black Americans did, or get fired for "being Indian" like the gay community did. They were welcome to take jobs and attend schools that were out of reach for other groups....and most of them arrived AFTER some Civil Rights were acquired in Federal Court.

And I'm not FOR any of this stuff. But It's not all that hard to understand WHY some folks want to ensure that we're not screwing Americans out of opportunities because of (fill in the blank).
Some Americans don’t deserve to have the same rights as other Americans.
Dial 2 for petty, irrelevant diversions, without considering ALL the factors which account for the success of Indian-American families.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/comedian- ... t-deny-her
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Interestingly enough a lot of Canadians are very angry at the influx of Indian immigrants/students there.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Illegal Jordanian migrants who ‘tried to breach’ Quantico base allowed to walk free after posting bail

https://nypost.com/2024/08/01/us-news/j ... ign=nypost
~Livy

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

And yet, the colloquy was fun.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:05 pm

Wait....so you agree I have the high ground, and therefore don't comment? (kidding)
What's said in jest is more than half meant.

;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:58 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:05 pm

What's said in jest is more than half meant.

;)
True! I'd peg it at 75% ;)
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Unlawful border crossings drop for 5th straight month, reaching lowest level since September 2020

Lower than Trump's last few months in office in 2020. And almost as low to a lot lower than most of Trump's 2019.

This is good news, right?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:46 pm Unlawful border crossings drop for 5th straight month, reaching lowest level since September 2020

Lower than Trump's last few months in office in 2020. And almost as low to a lot lower than most of Trump's 2019.

... not for the republiCON argument.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:42 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:46 pm Unlawful border crossings drop for 5th straight month, reaching lowest level since September 2020

Un-possible, fellas. Only Trumpy-pants can fix this fake issue. And whatever we do, we shouldn't just hand out work visas, and collect payroll taxes from oh, 10 million workers. Cause FoxNation thinks is MUCH smarter to pay their taxes for them. :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:42 pm

Un-possible, fellas. Only Trumpy-pants can fix this fake issue. And whatever we do, we shouldn't just hand out work visas, and collect payroll taxes from oh, 10 million workers. Cause FoxNation thinks is MUCH smarter to pay their taxes for them. :roll:
Here's Trump....telling both the Forum and the Republican voters that you're a freaking drooling Moron if you believe in "migrant crime". Check the comments. They didn't hear that Trump just told them he made it up.

I quote: "It's a new category. I came up with it. There's a new category called migrant crime".

If you're dumb enough to fall for this......AFTER he didn't lift a finger to fix the problem the last time he told you he'd fix it....... congratulations, you can count yourself among the dumbest, and most easily manipulated Americans in 2024. Take a bow.

Vote R's, guys. They're like totally gonna fix stuff, and Trump has the ultimate set of tools. :roll:

WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

Fwiw, I found this article to be helpful in my attempt to cut through the smoke and mirrors surrounding the blame riddled partisan sound byte ping pong match on the issue, with the election year obviously whipping up the rhetoric to a fever pitch.

In terms of America's compulsive need to point a finger of blame (in many cases resulting in systemic gridlock while the band plays on), this issue seems like one where there's plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Sorry if this has already been posted.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the- ... perplexed/
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:45 am Fwiw, I found this article to be helpful in my attempt to cut through the smoke and mirrors surrounding the blame riddled partisan sound byte ping pong match on the issue, with the election year obviously whipping up the rhetoric to a fever pitch.

In terms of America's compulsive need to point a finger of blame (in many cases resulting in systemic gridlock while the band plays on), this issue seems like one where there's plenty of blame to go around on both sides. Sorry if this has already been posted.

That's great. You understand the difference between the parties, right?

Which party has made illegal immigration and illegal workers their main campaign plank for 12 years, and which one has it somewhere in the back?

Republicans have LED with "we'll fix the immigration problem". And that's AFTER Trump made it his main focus 12 years ago while campaigning.

Question: when we elected Trump into office....tell me what he did to pass bills that actually addressed the problem?

And when you realize he didn't pass one single bill in four years, yet he's here again, telling you "no really, this time I'll fix it"......will you admit you're being played by the Republican party, who have NO INTENTION of ever giving up this wedge issue that keeps R voter angry?
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:49 am
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:45 am Fwiw, I found this article to be helpful in my attempt to cut through the smoke and mirrors surrounding the blame riddled partisan sound byte ping pong match on the issue, with the election year obviously whipping up the rhetoric to a fever pitch.

That's great. You understand the difference between the parties, right?

Which party has made illegal immigration and illegal workers their main campaign plank for 12 years, and which one has it somewhere in the back?

Republicans have LED with "we'll fix the immigration problem". And that's AFTER Trump made it his main focus 12 years ago while campaigning.

Question: when we elected Trump into office....tell me what he did to pass bills that actually addressed the problem?

And when you realize he didn't pass one single bill in four years, yet he's here again, telling you "no really, this time I'll fix it"......will you admit you're being played by the Republican party, who have NO INTENTION of ever giving up this wedge issue that keeps R voter angry?
Guess we read different articles.

Fear not, though, I won't be voting for Trump, although unlike many here I loathe and lament the Democratic candidate being rammed down our throats to run against him. An R turd sandwich, or a D turd sandwich, is still a turd sandwich.

I refuse to grab pom poms (and my ankles) and sing Kamala's praises. The positioning of her as some sort of second coming is a marvel to behold, and I have no interest in the twisted game of surreal make believe theater that is the 2024 Kamala presidential election run. We already know folks here on this site can call out and insult Trump at an olympian level.

What is baffling is an unwillingness to put the same level of scrutiny on Harris. We all did it in 2019 during her laughably ludicrous run. One of the worst polling Democratic candidates in history (was she just ahead or just behind "The rent's are too damn high!" guy?) is poised to become the next Commander in Chief, but it's all going to be okay because - orange. Kamala scares the heck out of me. The question is why isn't she scaring the heck out of any others (with few exceptions) here?
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
a fan

Post by a fan »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:36 pm I refuse to grab pom poms (and my ankles) and sing Kamala's praises. The positioning of her as some sort of second coming is a marvel to behold, and I have no interest in the twisted game of surreal make believe theater that is the 2024 Kamala presidential election run. We already know folks here on this site can call out and insult Trump at an olympian level.
Find me a poster who is singing Kamala's praises as if she's a "second coming".
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:36 pm What is baffling is an unwillingness to put the same level of scrutiny on Harris.
What are you talking about? No one here is happy with where we the Dems are. No one.
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:36 pm We all did it in 2019 during her laughably ludicrous run. One of the worst polling Democratic candidates in history (was she just ahead or just behind "The rent's are too damn high!" guy?) is poised to become the next Commander in Chief, but it's all going to be okay because - orange. Kamala scares the heck out of me. The question is why isn't she scaring the heck out of any others (with few exceptions) here?
What's she going to do? Tell me. All I've heard from her are platitudes about women's reproductive rights. That's about it.

The ONLY question from where I sit is: what would she do with our military? That's it. On that question? I have NO CLUE.

She'll run the Federal bureaucracy better than Trump, that much I'm sure of....she'll just let them quietly do their jobs.

The rest? Senate picks our Judges. Congress passes bills. So..what's left?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:54 pm
The ONLY question from where I sit is: what would she do with our military? That's it. On that question? I have NO CLUE.

The rest? So..what's left?
National security. Public safety. Immigration. Fiscal policy. Taxes. Budget.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:56 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:54 pm

The rest? So..what's left?
National security. Public safety. Immigration. Fiscal policy. Taxes. Budget.
Public safety is State and local. Fiscal policy is Congress. Taxes is Congress. Budget is Congress....but yes, she can sign or veto. But not without Congress.

National Security? Yep. You're right. What's she going to do differently?

And you have told me multiple times that Congress is in charge of immigration, which was your excuse as to why Trump didn't lift a finger to fix it.

Return to “POLITICS”