The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: 2024

Post by DMac »

Sure, dogs and pick ups, a great combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYb_pjWlbJY
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:28 am Sure, dogs and pick ups, a great combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYb_pjWlbJY
Second to idiots and pick-ups…

What is wrong with people leaving these animals in mobile solar ovens? They need a beating followed by a few hours in the pillory.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

Got no real disagreement there but in this guy's defense, looks like early Spring, probably pretty mild temp, passenger window is down a bit, and he might have just run in quick to grab a pack of smokes and a 15 rack of Old Milwaukee.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait

Post by ggait »

Bill -- The sugar high keeps on getting better and better. C'mon Bill -- if you believe, it will come true!

Crazy I know, but Clooney and I were right!

Today's update from Silver. [Other models are still turned off.]

Last update: 12:15 p.m, Thursday, August 1:

With Kamala Harris having another day of reasonably strong polling, we’re now officially in the zone where we can call the race a toss-up. She has a 54 percent chance of winning Michigan, a 50 percent chance of winning Wisconsin, a 47 percent chance of winning Pennsylvania, and a 45 percent chance of winning the Electoral College.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:45 pm Bill -- The sugar high keeps on getting better and better. C'mon Bill -- if you believe, it will come true!

Crazy I know, but Clooney and I were right!

Today's update from Silver. [Other models are still turned off.]

Last update: 12:15 p.m, Thursday, August 1:

With Kamala Harris having another day of reasonably strong polling, we’re now officially in the zone where we can call the race a toss-up. She has a 54 percent chance of winning Michigan, a 50 percent chance of winning Wisconsin, a 47 percent chance of winning Pennsylvania, and a 45 percent chance of winning the Electoral College.
Patience, grasshopper. We are only in the first quarter.

What did I tell you? Her numbers likely would be good through the convention and perhaps into early September. Everything I predicted has come true so far.

So bottom line, your boy Nate still thinks she is going to lose PA and the election. Hmm. Seems to me that somebody else around here has been saying that.

If her numbers are high in mid to late September, you can start crowing.

Too bad they still aren’t checking Joe’s numbers. After today, they probably would be higher than Kamala’s.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:37 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:20 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:33 am Joe was going to get waxed in Nov. On god….

Initially I didn’t think Kamala would have a chance stepping in this late but coming around that she can whoop his fat a**. I’m praying she goads him into some serious mysoginstif racist stuff. It shouldn’t be hard.
Over/under on how long it takes for him to use the hard n word? I know there are apparently Apprentice tapes with him letting loose. If he gets pi$$ed off enough I could see him accidentally letting it slip.
To his people, that word is just "anti-woke." So NP.
Just heard from a West Indian woman that has never voted in this country who said she is registering to vote and will vote for Kamala and there is a lot of Gen Z energy behind her. I know several people that have said they are donating to a presidential campaign for the first time. A hood rat that was all in for Trump last year has changed his tune and he said he knows guys that feel the same. Trump's "black jobs" comment is his "deplorables"..... A small sample....time will tell.
In her camp cautiously but I would not this “she’s young” sh*t has to stop, she’s already older the the average presidents age.
The proffer was “someone youngER”…no need to qualify it. She’s 59. Now that’s old? Median age is 55.
I’ve heard numerous times “she’s young” they be short handing a meaning relatively younger but it’s coming out as “young” a lot.

I’m thinking a lot these days how the handover of power and resources to a younger generation is going to play out and so framing this is more important to me in that context.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 8:48 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:47 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:33 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:00 am Trump showed up & faced the insults in a hostile forum. Kamala was a no show.
She wasn't invited, moron. :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
https://nabjonline.org/blog/vp-harris-o ... -inperson/

A Message from NABJ President Ken Lemon:

NABJ has been in talks with both the Democratic and Republican parties since January. NABJ was in contact with Vice President Kamala Harris’ team for an in-person panel before President Joe Biden dropped out of the race in July.

However, we were advised by her campaign at the time that her schedule could not accommodate this request. The last update we were provided (earlier this week) was that Harris would not be available in person or virtually during our Convention.
She didn’t show up because she ain’t a real Black. Didn’t want to face a hostile panel that was going to call her out.
My back friends ask me if I’m really one of those albino cats.

I say “yes, but don’t think about grinding up my bones because I’ll throw some black magic in your a** before you try fool.”

And….a lot of my family back in Ireland generations back were Protestants in co Kerry. Black Irish.

So, in the spirit of the dentist in Seinfeld and Elizabeth Warren ima get mine and claims a few peerage points of blackness.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RNC is buying presidential TV ADs in North Carolina. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... lack-jobs/

Trump Is Right about Illegal Immigration and Black Jobs

by PETER KIRSANOW, August 1, 2024

Former president Trump’s statement at yesterday’s National Association of Black Journalists forum — that illegal immigrants are taking black jobs — is completely accurate, even if inelegant. Any black journalist should know that fact. That some journalists, whether black or white, would feign ignorance or take offense to score cheap political points off of Trump’s elocution says much more about such journalists than it does about Trump.

Evidence adduced before several hearings of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights over nearly two decades reveals the profound dislocation wrought by lax immigration enforcement on black wage and employment levels. As I’ve testified before several congressional committees during that span, the reason for the dislocation is quite basic: Blacks, particularly black men, are disproportionately concentrated in the low-skill labor market and are disproportionately likely to have no more than a high-school diploma. Likewise, illegal immigrants are disproportionately low-skilled and disproportionately likely to have minimal educational levels. Both groups compete with one another in the low-skilled labor market. The competition is most fierce in some of the very industries in which blacks historically have been highly concentrated, such as hospitality, construction, and service. Blacks frequently lose that competition, crowded out by illegal immigrants more likely to accept jobs at cut-rate wages and substandard working conditions and who are far less likely to complain about such to the EEOC, OSHA, or the Wage & Hour Division of the Department of Labor.

At least one study suggests competition from illegal immigrants accounts for approximately 40 percent of the decline in black employment rates over the last several decades. A 2007 study by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta estimated that as a result of the growth of undocumented workers, the annual earnings of the average low-skilled documented worker in Georgia in 2007 were $960 lower than they were in 2000.

Trump has expressed his concern about the above for at least the last eight years. One might think those facts would be important to an association denominating itself as black journalists.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

What are "black" jobs?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

More confusion, rather than understanding?

He meant the jobs of Black people. And we’ve been using that term for a while," said Diante Johnson, president of the Black Conservative Federation. "It’s any job. Instead of Black people having unlimited accessibility to all types of jobs, illegal immigrants are taking their jobs from them."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/what-i ... debate.amp
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:30 pm
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/t ... lack-jobs/

Trump Is Right about Illegal Immigration and Black Jobs

by PETER KIRSANOW, August 1, 2024

Former president Trump’s statement at yesterday’s National Association of Black Journalists forum — that illegal immigrants are taking black jobs — is completely accurate, even if inelegant. Any black journalist should know that fact. That some journalists, whether black or white, would feign ignorance or take offense to score cheap political points off of Trump’s elocution says much more about such journalists than it does about Trump.

Evidence adduced before several hearings of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights over nearly two decades reveals the profound dislocation wrought by lax immigration enforcement on black wage and employment levels. As I’ve testified before several congressional committees during that span, the reason for the dislocation is quite basic: Blacks, particularly black men, are disproportionately concentrated in the low-skill labor market and are disproportionately likely to have no more than a high-school diploma. Likewise, illegal immigrants are disproportionately low-skilled and disproportionately likely to have minimal educational levels. Both groups compete with one another in the low-skilled labor market. The competition is most fierce in some of the very industries in which blacks historically have been highly concentrated, such as hospitality, construction, and service. Blacks frequently lose that competition, crowded out by illegal immigrants more likely to accept jobs at cut-rate wages and substandard working conditions and who are far less likely to complain about such to the EEOC, OSHA, or the Wage & Hour Division of the Department of Labor.

At least one study suggests competition from illegal immigrants accounts for approximately 40 percent of the decline in black employment rates over the last several decades. A 2007 study by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta estimated that as a result of the growth of undocumented workers, the annual earnings of the average low-skilled documented worker in Georgia in 2007 were $960 lower than they were in 2000.

Trump has expressed his concern about the above for at least the last eight years. One might think those facts would be important to an association denominating itself as black journalists.
ZZZZZ. Trolling. Yawn.

No really, forum members, Old Salt is so stupid, he thinks that after having done NOTHING about illegal workers in the US for four years......he thinks Trump has been all over this "problem".

Trolling. Boring old trolling for responses, knowing this very day, Trump is lining his pockets on the backs of illegal workers at his properties, while Americans with 1/4 of Old Salt's IQ say "Derpity-Derp-Derp....I'm voting Trump, he's going to fix this.....THIS time".
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 pm More confusion, rather than understanding?

He meant the jobs of Black people. And we’ve been using that term for a while," said Diante Johnson, president of the Black Conservative Federation. "It’s any job. Instead of Black people having unlimited accessibility to all types of jobs, illegal immigrants are taking their jobs from them."

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/what-i ... debate.amp
Right. Only BIden says racist stuff. It's un-possible that Trump would.

And when Trump does say stupid sh(t.....the R plan is to gaslight, and make the patented claim "oh, everything is about race".

Nope. Just the racist sh(t is. Racism R's identify WITH NO DIFFICULTY when someone with a D by their name says something racist and stupid.
old salt

Post by old salt »

DEI

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 12:15 am DEI

Yep. Republicans are perfect. Racism doesn't exist. And it's impossible to say racist stuff.

Well....unless you have a D by their name.

Please, by all means, carry on....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:08 am Okay, then why do I get outed gay news when I'm reading Olympic rugby articles?
Guilty conscience
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

[youtube][/youtube]
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 4:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:47 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:37 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:20 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:33 am Joe was going to get waxed in Nov. On god….

Initially I didn’t think Kamala would have a chance stepping in this late but coming around that she can whoop his fat a**. I’m praying she goads him into some serious mysoginstif racist stuff. It shouldn’t be hard.
Over/under on how long it takes for him to use the hard n word? I know there are apparently Apprentice tapes with him letting loose. If he gets pi$$ed off enough I could see him accidentally letting it slip.
To his people, that word is just "anti-woke." So NP.
Just heard from a West Indian woman that has never voted in this country who said she is registering to vote and will vote for Kamala and there is a lot of Gen Z energy behind her. I know several people that have said they are donating to a presidential campaign for the first time. A hood rat that was all in for Trump last year has changed his tune and he said he knows guys that feel the same. Trump's "black jobs" comment is his "deplorables"..... A small sample....time will tell.
In her camp cautiously but I would not this “she’s young” sh*t has to stop, she’s already older the the average presidents age.
The proffer was “someone youngER”…no need to qualify it. She’s 59. Now that’s old? Median age is 55.
Btw yes, 59 is old! It’ll be different when I get there. But today it’s old.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 am
DMac wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:08 am Okay, then why do I get outed gay news when I'm reading Olympic rugby articles?
Freud would like a word. :lol:

An honest answer? You've posted various news stories on the LGBT thread. Your browser knows you've visited those pages and various news sites may think you'd like to see more.
Yeah same reason I can only describe thr ads I see in these pages in hansterdam.

But the world needs more Elliot wilhelms

https://youtu.be/EHp4QYuqRpM?si=4zkgCFlhpM7bPMOE
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:15 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:48 am
Freud would like a word. :lol:

An honest answer? You've posted various news stories on the LGBT thread. Your browser knows you've visited those pages and various news sites may think you'd like to see more.
Just for the record, my browser brings me stories about hunting dogs and pickup trucks.
Think red shoe diaries or the letters in penthouse for mine.

Return to “POLITICS”