The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2024

Post by Kismet »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:58 am Vivek had an excellent message at the RNC:
And our message to Gen Z is this, you’re going to be the generation that actually saves this country. You want to be a rebel? You want to be a hippie? You want to stick it to the man? Show up on your college campus and try calling yourself a conservative. Say you want, get married, have kids, teach them to believe in God, and pledge allegiance to their country, because you know what? Fear has been infectious in this country, but courage can be contagious too. That too is what it means to be an American.

And you know what? If you’re at home and you disagree with everything I just said, our message to you is this, we will still defend to the death your right to say it, because that is who we are as Americans. We are the country where we can disagree like hell and still get together at the dinner table at the end of it. That is the America I know. That is the America we miss. We do not have to be ancient Rome. We don’t have to be this nation in decline. We can still be a nation in our ascent. A nation whose best days, not in some fake politician way, but in a true way, a nation whose best days are actually still ahead of us, still on our way to that shining city on a hill.

That country where no matter who you are or where your parents came from, or what your skin color is, or how long your last name is, that you will still get ahead in this country with your own hard work, your own commitment, your own dedication. And that you know what, you are free to speak your mind at every step of the way. That is the American dream. That is what won us the American Revolution.

That is what reunited us after the Civil War. That is what won us two world Wars and the Cold War. That is what still gives hope to the free world. And if we can revive that dream over group identity and victimhood and grievance, then nobody in the world, not a nation, not a corporation, not a virus, not China is going to defeat us. That is what American exceptionalism is all about, and that is what we will revive this November when we send Donald J. Trump back to the White House. Thank you all. God bless you and your families, and may God bless our United States of America. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Vivek must have skipped American History class - United us after the Civil War? How about Federal troops occupying Southern States for 12 years until 1876 - they were only removed as part of a political deal to decide the deadlocked 1876 Presidential Election which then ushered in Jim Crow South. :oops:

What actually won us the American Revolution was the timely intervention of France both financially and militarily. Payback to Great Britain for the French & Indian War 10 years earlier which forced France out of North America.

In addition, he must have been high on his own supply to actually talk rationally like this (even if he got the history wrong) :oops: On this point I would not trust him as far as I could throw him that he actually means any of it. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Saw a 20 something old yesterday out with a Trump shirt on. Looked completely out of place and unhappy. Shirt said “Trump 2024… I don’t give a FKCU about your feelings….” And a picture of Trump on the back of the shirt with Aviators on giving a double middle finger saying “You Missed!”….

The kid looked so unhappy.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:18 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:58 amn.
And you know what? If you’re at home and you disagree with everything I just said, our message to you is this, we will still defend to the death your right to say it, because that is who we are as Americans. We are the country where we can disagree like hell and still get together at the dinner table at the end of it. That is the America I know. That is the America we miss. We do not have to be ancient Rome. We don’t have to be this nation in decline. We can still be a nation in our ascent. A nation whose best days, not in some fake politician way, but in a true way, a nation whose best days are actually still ahead of us, still on our way to that shining city on a hill.
This is the polar opposite to how Republicans have been governing. Polar opposite.

How much of the platform, speeches, and governing is about "woke"?

You know, for the 1000th time, if Republicans actually behaved the way they THINK they talk and govern? They'd have my support. They've spent the last 12 years "sticking it to the libs", and "the gays"....and ignoring the people they claim to support: the working class.

How'd the R's react to some dumb kid who dared to take a job for Bud light? Now try and fit that reaction in to the above paragraph, and try not to laugh at what Vivek is claiming.
The very first step in achieving a party goal is saying it out loud, so you're accountable for attaining it. That's what politicians do at the convention, before an election.

It seems like the party's stated platform doesn't fit your assessment of the party or the oft portrayed conservative stereotype in the media.

So vote your conscience.
old salt

Post by old salt »

If anyone knows any unfulfilled childless ladies seeking a feline companion, plz PM me.
We have a nice selection of all ages & colors available for immediate adoption.
We're running an election campaign promotion.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump trying to capture the senior demo...if he adds in 401K :shock:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

I guess he will need the seniors now that he lost the Black vote today.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:50 pm I guess he will need the seniors now that he lost the Black vote today.
The clip is worth watching. He really is a moron of the first and worst order.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:36 pm It's July...

We had like 4 years of regular politics happen in the past 3 weeks.
... yup, things are moving fast. Trump folks are behaving like they are in trouble. :)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:29 pm ggaits boy Nate: https://x.com/Geiger_Capital/status/1818327913575411973

More good polls for kh. Up to 43% win probability.

Joe was at 15% pre drop out.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:50 pm I guess he will need the seniors now that he lost the Black vote today.
... I think he lost it before today, but certainly a strong indication it was gone was signaled today. He threw in the towel when Harris Faulkner (FOX) asked him about Project 2025.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:30 pm
... I think he lost it before today, but certainly a strong indication it was gone was signaled today. He threw in the towel when Harris Faulkner (FOX) asked him about Project 2025.
Kamala is trying to get one of those good black jobs.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:25 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:18 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:58 amn.
This is the polar opposite to how Republicans have been governing. Polar opposite.

How much of the platform, speeches, and governing is about "woke"?

You know, for the 1000th time, if Republicans actually behaved the way they THINK they talk and govern? They'd have my support. They've spent the last 12 years "sticking it to the libs", and "the gays"....and ignoring the people they claim to support: the working class.

How'd the R's react to some dumb kid who dared to take a job for Bud light? Now try and fit that reaction in to the above paragraph, and try not to laugh at what Vivek is claiming.
The very first step in achieving a party goal is saying it out loud, so you're accountable for attaining it. That's what politicians do at the convention, before an election.

It seems like the party's stated platform doesn't fit your assessment of the party or the oft portrayed conservative stereotype in the media.
No. That's not it at all.

I'm looking at actual laws and Court cases that have been enacted in real life, Kram. The reversal of Roe that makes you so happy runs 100% counter to Vivek's speech. In short: he's LYING, and has no interest whatsoever in the middle road....which is what he's pitching here. They, and you, want far right policies. And so that's what you're getting.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:47 pm
Time for OS and YA to break out the Lipstick to pretty up this pig. Can't wait for the inevitable rationalizations for such bad behavior. Pass the popcorn. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 5:47 pm
Time for OS and YA to break out the Lipstick to pretty up this pig. Can't wait for the inevitable rationalizations for such bad behavior. Pass the popcorn. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe Biden is racist!
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:09 pm Saw a 20 something old yesterday out with a Trump shirt on. Looked completely out of place and unhappy. Shirt said “Trump 2024… I don’t give a FKCU about your feelings….” And a picture of Trump on the back of the shirt with Aviators on giving a double middle finger saying “You Missed!”….

Because a 20yr old should be balls deep in nature
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:09 pm Saw a 20 something old yesterday out with a Trump shirt on. Looked completely out of place and unhappy. Shirt said “Trump 2024… I don’t give a FKCU about your feelings….” And a picture of Trump on the back of the shirt with Aviators on giving a double middle finger saying “You Missed!”….

Because a 20yr old should be balls deep in nature
He looked unhappy. Not sad, just unhappy.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

Trump wants no part of Kamala Harris. I will be shocked if he participated in a debate. Like a lot of folks, he need odds in his favor to be brave. His act is old. Right down to “there are people outside trying to get in this rally but it’s packed”….I have seen his acolytes use the same tactic.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

BTW, those folks are putting up, not shutting up. Good for them. The truth will come out about these people. They are exactly as they appear to be. No misunderstanding.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

"IVF is now banned"

"Childless are sociopaths"

Can't make this stuff up.

Return to “POLITICS”