The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2024

Post by njbill »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:25 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:11 pm Ah, now making excuses for your infallible computers. Back pedaling?

As I have said, the best period for Harris‘s numbers will be between now and early to mid September. After that (and maybe even before), they will slide. Conversely, Joe’s numbers were at a low when he dropped out. His numbers would have gradually risen from the convention through the election. Good chance he would’ve won the blue wall states.

You seem to think polling is done the way it was done in the 1980s, your favorite decade. Suggest you read up on how polling has changed in recent years. You may be shocked to learn that pollsters now take into account your dreaded “other factors.”
Why do you believe these to be true? Would these purported changes indicate an actual change in sentiment, or a change in polling methodology?
Because I thought Joe was at a low with a combination of the debate, the assassination, and the Republican convention. Thought Joe would get a bump, as almost all candidates do, when he had his convention. Notwithstanding that the media and many of us who follow the news closely are paying rabid attention to the race, I think the masses won’t really focus in until after Labor Day. When push comes to shove, I think they would vote for Joe. Not because they particularly like him. Of course, many think he is too old and wish the Democrats had nominated someone else. But it is a stark, binary choice between autocracy and democracy. It really is an easy decision which I think enough voters would make at the end of the day. This is particularly true in the three blue wall states which Joe was built for, while Kamala is not.

As to Harris‘s numbers, I think what we are seeing now is the goosing of the numbers from the excitement the change in horses has occasioned. The TV Talking Heads have done a complete 180° turn. Sure, it is a great thing that the base seems to have been energized. People are volunteering. Donors are giving money. But I think this sugar high will wear off once we get into September. It is sad to say, but many voters will not vote for her because she is black, a woman, too liberal, has an abrasive personality, has a cackling laugh, and on and on. This is especially true in the three blue wall states. As I’ve been saying, I don’t think she can win Pennsylvania, and without Pennsylvania she can’t win the election.

Hope I am wrong.
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:19 pm
Conversely, Joe’s numbers were at a low when he dropped out. His numbers would have gradually risen from the convention through the election. Good chance he would’ve won the blue wall states.
I know that is what you think. Joe would have been solid if only ggait and Clooney would have STFU. But come on Bill. We know to a 100% probability that that was never going to happen, right? ;)

No one will ever know if Joe would have won in November. And no one will ever know if Joe would have been gotten vaporized by Trump in November. Because life is not a double blind placebo controlled experiment. Predicting the future is hard.
Yep. If all you guys hadn’t been such pearl clutchers and had stayed the course, Joe would’ve been fine. You have now backed yourself into a corner. You’ll never be able to prove I was wrong. :lol:
ggait

Post by ggait »

I wasn’t clutching my pearls.

I was wetting the 🛏️ .
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

Sounds like Nate the Skate thinks Kamala will lose Pennsylvania, but win Nevada.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Silver has kh 0.4% behind trump in pa. Had Joe at -4.4 points in pa before the drop out. Poll averages.

Still behind, but closer.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Bloomberg has Trump at +4 in Pennsylvania.

But Harris is doing better than DJ in a lot of the other swing states.

https://www.realclearpolling.com/latest ... l-election
ggait

Post by ggait »

I think the 5 way is a bit more valid metric than the 2 way.

Trump +2 in pa per Bloomberg.

Some wacky stuff in that poll. Harris +12 in Mich but behind in WI and Pa? +4 in AZ?

August is going to be interesting for sure.
Last edited by ggait on Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

another poll shows Harris ahead in Pennsylvania:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 84f4&ei=66
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Harris to lead rally in Pennsylvania next week:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 7577&ei=14

Will the state's governor be the next VP candidate? That should seal the state for the Dem ticket if so.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
njbill

Post by njbill »

ggait, you can tell your computer to go fcuk itself. Twice it has predicted the Phillies would beat the Yankees. Twice it was wrong. 😤😩

OK, deep breath.

I honestly don’t understand why you put so much faith in computers. Seems to me they are wrong as often as they are right, if not more so.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

It's July...

We had like 4 years of regular politics happen in the past 3 weeks.
ggait

Post by ggait »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 10:34 pm ggait, you can tell your computer to go fcuk itself. Twice it has predicted the Phillies would beat the Yankees. Twice it was wrong. 😤😩

OK, deep breath.

I honestly don’t understand why you put so much faith in computers. Seems to me they are wrong as often as they are right, if not more so.
Baseball advanced analytics require a big data set over a long season. One game alone is basically random outcome and almost meaningless by itself. Best team loses 60 games and worst team wins 60 games. Which makes the multiple rounds of the baseball playoffs fun and awful. Best teams not that likely to make the WS.

Kenpom (which is for college hoops) really got me hooked on big data analytics years ago. My brackets are so much better since I started using the metrics. I enjoy seeing if SkyNet does/does not agree with my gut. For sports and also politics.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:15 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:19 pm
Conversely, Joe’s numbers were at a low when he dropped out. His numbers would have gradually risen from the convention through the election. Good chance he would’ve won the blue wall states.
I know that is what you think. Joe would have been solid if only ggait and Clooney would have STFU. But come on Bill. We know to a 100% probability that that was never going to happen, right? ;)

No one will ever know if Joe would have won in November. And no one will ever know if Joe would have been gotten vaporized by Trump in November. Because life is not a double blind placebo controlled experiment. Predicting the future is hard.
Yep. If all you guys hadn’t been such pearl clutchers and had stayed the course, Joe would’ve been fine. You have now backed yourself into a corner. You’ll never be able to prove I was wrong. :lol:
Joe was going to get waxed in Nov. On god….

Initially I didn’t think Kamala would have a chance stepping in this late but coming around that she can whoop his fat a**. I’m praying she goads him into some serious mysoginstif racist stuff. It shouldn’t be hard.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

More creepy stuff from this guy, on women

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jd-vance ... 8b1757?ddm

Principle-free and value flexible:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... lly-elegy/
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:33 am Joe was going to get waxed in Nov. On god….

Initially I didn’t think Kamala would have a chance stepping in this late but coming around that she can whoop his fat a**. I’m praying she goads him into some serious mysoginstif racist stuff. It shouldn’t be hard.
Over/under on how long it takes for him to use the hard n word? I know there are apparently Apprentice tapes with him letting loose. If he gets pi$$ed off enough I could see him accidentally letting it slip.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:45 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:33 am Joe was going to get waxed in Nov. On god….

Over/under on how long it takes for him to use the hard n word? I know there are apparently Apprentice tapes with him letting loose. If he gets pi$$ed off enough I could see him accidentally letting it slip.
To his people, that word is just "anti-woke." So NP.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:20 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:45 am

To his people, that word is just "anti-woke." So NP.
Just heard from a West Indian woman that has never voted in this country who said she is registering to vote and will vote for Kamala and there is a lot of Gen Z energy behind her. I know several people that have said they are donating to a presidential campaign for the first time. A hood rat that was all in for Trump last year has changed his tune and he said he knows guys that feel the same. Trump's "black jobs" comment is his "deplorables"..... A small sample....time will tell.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:25 am More creepy stuff from this guy, on women

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jd-vance ... 8b1757?ddm
Not Creepy. People can choose not to have children and still be happy. Some people just weren't cut out to parent. And for others, having children has held them back and left them unfulfilled.

But people should be well aware of the potential consequences for a self-centered life.

My Aunt who is in her 80s, intentionally childless and pursued an amazing career and profession in her early years. Was the top of her industry, doctorate, respected, well traveled, earned and experienced some of the most incredible things in life and an incredibly rewarding career, life.

She now talks constantly that being childless is her biggest regret/failure/misery. It haunts her. Literally that is all she talks about for the past 10 years.

That's not the case for everyone. But a very real potential consequence of that choice.

There is much less possibility for hope in a childless life/world. There is a reason that regret in old age and the joys of family, children and legacy are some of the most common themes in great literature, movies and art for centuries.

Because it's real.

Vivek had an excellent message at the RNC:
And our message to Gen Z is this, you’re going to be the generation that actually saves this country. You want to be a rebel? You want to be a hippie? You want to stick it to the man? Show up on your college campus and try calling yourself a conservative. Say you want, get married, have kids, teach them to believe in God, and pledge allegiance to their country, because you know what? Fear has been infectious in this country, but courage can be contagious too. That too is what it means to be an American.

And you know what? If you’re at home and you disagree with everything I just said, our message to you is this, we will still defend to the death your right to say it, because that is who we are as Americans. We are the country where we can disagree like hell and still get together at the dinner table at the end of it. That is the America I know. That is the America we miss. We do not have to be ancient Rome. We don’t have to be this nation in decline. We can still be a nation in our ascent. A nation whose best days, not in some fake politician way, but in a true way, a nation whose best days are actually still ahead of us, still on our way to that shining city on a hill.

That country where no matter who you are or where your parents came from, or what your skin color is, or how long your last name is, that you will still get ahead in this country with your own hard work, your own commitment, your own dedication. And that you know what, you are free to speak your mind at every step of the way. That is the American dream. That is what won us the American Revolution.

That is what reunited us after the Civil War. That is what won us two world Wars and the Cold War. That is what still gives hope to the free world. And if we can revive that dream over group identity and victimhood and grievance, then nobody in the world, not a nation, not a corporation, not a virus, not China is going to defeat us. That is what American exceptionalism is all about, and that is what we will revive this November when we send Donald J. Trump back to the White House. Thank you all. God bless you and your families, and may God bless our United States of America. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:58 amn.
And you know what? If you’re at home and you disagree with everything I just said, our message to you is this, we will still defend to the death your right to say it, because that is who we are as Americans. We are the country where we can disagree like hell and still get together at the dinner table at the end of it. That is the America I know. That is the America we miss. We do not have to be ancient Rome. We don’t have to be this nation in decline. We can still be a nation in our ascent. A nation whose best days, not in some fake politician way, but in a true way, a nation whose best days are actually still ahead of us, still on our way to that shining city on a hill.
This is the polar opposite to how Republicans have been governing. Polar opposite.

How much of the platform, speeches, and governing is about "woke"?

You know, for the 1000th time, if Republicans actually behaved the way they THINK they talk and govern? They'd have my support. They've spent the last 12 years "sticking it to the libs", and "the gays"....and ignoring the people they claim to support: the working class.

How'd the R's react to some dumb kid who dared to take a job for Bud light? Now try and fit that reaction in to the above paragraph, and try not to laugh at what Vivek is claiming.

Return to “POLITICS”