Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 am Biden was not held accountable by anyone. He self-destructed
...4 years after it was obvious that he was not up to the job. I told you that then.
Age is not the issue -- it's cognitive ability.
Maybe CinC Biden really believed that his military commanders advised him not to do a full Afghan pullout.
:lol: He willingly stepped aside, and
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 am Trump's words never made sense, ...to you.
Gaslighting. Totally full of sh9t. The power of the R.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 am MH(military)O - he was our best CinC since GHWB.
The best CinC we've had....and you (snicker) didn't vote for him. it doesn't matter, in the end. You're a full on Trumper.

And that's fine. At least you've FINALLY admitted it. What giant waste of time...years of claiming you weren't.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 am Most accomplished for fewest casualties. Rebuilt our military & forced our allies to follow suit. Employed them judiciously, but effectively.
Trump's policies & decisions made good sense to me, but you think that anyone who disagrees with you is crazy.
Nope. I agreed with this. Multiple, multiple times. And then turned around and ripped Biden for falling back into NeoCon. You're too busy reading your own posts to notice. And I'm sure you'll ignore this one, too. :roll:

You can't even remember my many, many posts on the subject of Trump and NATO, and my complete support of him ripping them.

Up until he armed Ukraine. That ran 100% contrary to his claims of not getting into stupid pointless wars.

That, and the fact that you and Trump are LYING about how NATO not spending means that the Americans have to pick up their tab. Nope. Even AFTER NATO spending increased, as you claim here----you demand MORE military spending, instead of cutting it commensurate with increased NATO spending.

Which is fine, increasing military spending is ok. But don't lie, and tell us that we're paying NATO's way.....it doesn't matter how much they spend. We will ALWAYS increase our military spending every year, no matter what NATO does.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:03 am Biden was not held accountable by anyone. He self-destructed
...4 years after it was obvious that he was not up to the job. I told you that then.
Maybe CinC Biden really believed that his military commanders advised him not to do a full Afghan pullout.

Trump's words never made sense, ...to you. IMH(military)O - he was our best CinC since GHWB.
Most accomplished for fewest casualties. Rebuilt our military & forced our allies to follow suit. Employed them judiciously, but effectively.
Trump's policies & decisions made good sense to me, but you think that anyone who disagrees with you is crazy.
Fewest casualties? You're gonna need to really back that up with actual data. Biden's been a much more stable leader than Trump by a country mile. Trump's words never made sense to the actual military brass. Biden hasn't had a fraction of the resignations and firing Trump did. People much more important than some distiller trust Biden with their lives. If half the brass second-guessed Biden's leadership like Trump's did, you'd be blowing your lid. It's kind of insane how instable he was, and yet you're cheering him on.

Dude insulted McCain and gold star families and veterans. And you carry his jock.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:51 am

Trump's words never made sense, ...to you. IMH(military)O - he was our best CinC since GHWB.
Most accomplished for fewest casualties. Rebuilt our military & forced our allies to follow suit. Employed them judiciously, but effectively.
Fewest casualties? You're gonna need to really back that up with actual data. Biden's been a much more stable leader than Trump by a country mile. Trump's words never made sense to the actual military brass. Biden hasn't had a fraction of the resignations and firing Trump did. People much more important than some distiller trust Biden with their lives.
Well, you're not wrong. I'm just a distiller. Guilty.

I'm putting the Ukraine mess at Biden's feet. So while you're right that there are most certainly fewer casualties because Biden was smart enough to get us the F out of Afghanistan....which I support unequivocally......Ukraine has seen an awful lot of bloodshed. All because American Presidents STILL believe that "arming some guy"......fixes problem. THAT I completely disagree with.

I supported Trump for not starting any new wars. I thought he'd treat the military as a toy. Thrilled he didn't. With our Troops? It IS black and white.

So yes, Biden plainly had fewer US casualties, you're right. But Ukraine is a mess. And that's on Biden...and on Trump for starting the stupid decision to arm and train Ukrainians.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:44 am That, and the fact that you and Trump are LYING about how NATO not spending means that the Americans have to pick up their tab. Nope. Even AFTER NATO spending increased, as you claim here----you demand MORE military spending, instead of cutting it commensurate with increased NATO spending.

Which is fine, increasing military spending is ok. But don't lie, and tell us that we're paying NATO's way.....it doesn't matter how much they spend. We will ALWAYS increase our military spending every year, no matter what NATO does.
Be honest. I have never described NATO member defense spending that way. I have always termed it as their not investing enough in their own defense capabilities to meet their fair share of the burden to maintain a shared defense.

Since Russia invaded Ukraine, we have increased US military forces & combat capability in EUrope, more so than our NATO allies combined, despite their increased spending which takes years to make a difference.

We drew down our military presence in EUrope significantly after the Cold War & will be able to do so again if the rest of NATO catches up & there's a peace settlement in Ukraine. We had to bring our tanks from CO & TX back to EUrope to fill the holes in the NATO Brigades deployed to the E flank.

Military spending is not a zero sum game. EUro NATO members did not increase military spending (& capability) enough for US to draw down our EUro presence, in the face of Russian aggression. We are now faced with greater threats in EUrope, the ME & Indo-Pacific.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am Be honest. I have never described NATO member defense spending that way.
Sure you have. Telling us the "Euroburgers" are getting a free ride and the like. As you are saying...our spending should go up no matter what. So NATO gets that free ride no matter what they spend. The rest is window dressing.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am Since Russia invaded Ukraine, we have increased our military forces & combat capability in EUrope, more so that our NATO allies combined, despite their increased spending which takes years to make a difference.
Yes. Same as it ever was. Meet the new boss.....
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am We drew down our military presence in EUrope significantly after the Cold War & will be able to do so again if the rest of NATO catches up & there's a peace settlement in Ukraine.
Immaterial to the conversation. You're ALWAYS going to find a reason to spend more....which is exactly what you do in the next paragraph.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am Military spending is not a zero sum game. EUro NATO members did not increase military spending (& capability) enough for US to draw down our EUro presence, in the face of Russian aggression. We are now faced with greater threats in EUrope, the ME & Indo-Pacific.
No, we're not. At no point is either China or Russia going to invade a NATO country. We're set. It ain't happening. What YOU are worried about are non-treaty nations. And that's not our problem, sorry.

But I'm fine with spending to always stay ahead. All I ask is that we're taxed to pay for it...something your party has refused to do since the Gulf War.

Do you know that was the last time a Republican POTUS raised taxes, OS?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:28 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am Be honest. I have never described NATO member defense spending that way.
Sure you have. Telling us the "Euroburgers" are getting a free ride and the like. As you are saying...our spending should go up no matter what. So NATO gets that free ride no matter what they spend. The rest is window dressing.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am Since Russia invaded Ukraine, we have increased our military forces & combat capability in EUrope, more so that our NATO allies combined, despite their increased spending which takes years to make a difference.
Yes. Same as it ever was. Meet the new boss.....
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am We drew down our military presence in EUrope significantly after the Cold War & will be able to do so again if the rest of NATO catches up & there's a peace settlement in Ukraine.
Immaterial to the conversation. You're ALWAYS going to find a reason to spend more....which is exactly what you do in the next paragraph.
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:19 am Military spending is not a zero sum game. EUro NATO members did not increase military spending (& capability) enough for US to draw down our EUro presence, in the face of Russian aggression. We are now faced with greater threats in EUrope, the ME & Indo-Pacific.
No, we're not. At no point is either China or Russia going to invade a NATO country. We're set. It ain't happening. What YOU are worried about are non-treaty nations. And that's not our problem, sorry.

But I'm fine with spending to always stay ahead. All I ask is that we're taxed to pay for it...something your party has refused to do since the Gulf War.

Do you know that was the last time a Republican POTUS raised taxes, OS?
I've never termed it as the other NATO members not paying their dues, or their bills, or paying us, as Trump has, which gives his opponent a reason to argue while avoiding the substance of the shortfall in EUroburgher spending for their fair share of the shared defense burden,

No. It's not the same as it ever was. We've never been closer to war with Russia, Iran, China &/or N Korea.
Since Trump left office, Biden has made them allies who are now exercising together & supplying Russia's war in Ukraine.
...& you said Russia was too weak to invade Ukraine.

Trump's tax cuts stoked the economy, yielding increased tax revenues.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Fewest casualties? You're gonna need to really back that up with actual data. Biden's been a much more stable leader than Trump by a country mile. Trump's words never made sense to the actual military brass. Biden hasn't had a fraction of the resignations and firing Trump did. People much more important than some distiller trust Biden with their lives. If half the brass second-guessed Biden's leadership like Trump's did, you'd be blowing your lid. It's kind of insane how instable he was, and yet you're cheering him on.

Dude insulted McCain and gold star families and veterans. And you carry his jock.
I don't have to back up sh!t. I'm stating my opinion of cost vs results.

You're forgetting how quickly Trump finished off ISIS & how few troops it took to protect the Kurds, to stabilize Syria & Iraq, & how few casualties we took in Afghanistan under Trump.

You might want to do a comparison of the number of flag officers & ship CO's relieved due to "loss of confidence"'

You're focused on rhetoric. I'm focused on results.
Biden insulted every vet who deployed to Afghanistan & every Gold Star family of those who did not come home from there,
...while checking his watch & trying to convince them that he too was a Gold Star dad.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So Monday then it seems
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:59 am Well, you're not wrong. I'm just a distiller. Guilty.
A different kind of important job. Meant with respect, you're just not in the chain of command. ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:52 am

You're forgetting how quickly Trump finished off ISIS & how few troops it took to protect the Kurds, to stabilize Syria & Iraq, & how few casualties we took in Afghanistan under Trump.

You might want to do a comparison of the number of flag officers & ship CO's relieved due to "loss of confidence"'

Biden insulted every vet who deployed to Afghanistan & every Gold Star family of those who did not come home from there,
...while checking his watch & trying to convince them that he too was a Gold Star dad.

At it again trying to whitewash Trump. Trump created the disaster Afghanistan became when he signed a the order to leave and put an early date certain in it. Meanwhile freeing 5,000 Taliban terrorists and their leader. Showing respect to our troops? Not at all. The sane military he characterized as losers and suckers. Spend a few minutes talking about him at Normandy and Trump. Bush created the mess in Iraq and the middle east in general and it is a complex situation with no easy answer.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:43 am
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:59 am Well, you're not wrong. I'm just a distiller. Guilty.
A different kind of important job. Meant with respect, you're just not in the chain of command. ;)
Again, you're not wrong! And I appreciate you're trying to be kind here. I deserve to be put in my place when it comes to military matters.

I just want my troops home, patrolling our borders, or the borders of our treaty-bound allies. Whatever it takes to do that? I'm on board, regardless as to who makes that call.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:51 am

At it again trying to whitewash Trump. Trump created the disaster Afghanistan became when he signed a the order to leave and put an early date certain in it. Meanwhile freeing 5,000 Taliban terrorists and their leader. Showing respect to our troops? Not at all. The sane military he characterized as losers and suckers. Spend a few minutes talking about him at Normandy and Trump. Bush created the mess in Iraq and the middle east in general and it is a complex situation with no easy answer.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 9:51 am

You are mixing rhetoric with results & trying to attribute Biden's decisions & orders to Trump.
Biden was no more bound to Trump's Afghan plan than he was to any of the other Trump policies which he reversed.
Biden ORDERED the withdrawal, Trump did not. Trump laid out a framework for gradual drawdown & indefinite withdrawal.
Our casualties in Afghanistan ceased when Trump began negotiating with the Taliban.
Our withdrawal was to be conditions based, not date certain.
Trump had no intention of abandoning Bagram & leaving the ASF on their own, until they were ready to stand alone.
Pompeo told us that then & now Trump verifies it. Nothing was final until an order to withdraw was issued.
Had Trump been reelected, we'd likely still be in Bagram. with the small residual force our military commanders recommended
& our NATO allies would likely still be at their airbase to the W in Herat.
Biden was driven by a political goal -- to be out by the 20th anniversary of 9-11. Disaster ensued.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

New video of someone running across the roof. Look how fuggen easy this shot was. https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1818701419660427510

The comments in this section are all over the place but it certainly leaves one speculating...

MOre here --> https://x.com/AmericanHubener/status/18 ... 7404393779
Last edited by youthathletics on Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:39 pm New video of someone running across the roof. Look how fuggen easy this shot was. https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1818701419660427510

The comments in this section are all over the place but it certainly leaves one speculating...
Did Colin Rugg also check out the grassy knoll? :oops: :oops: :oops:

You fall for the algorithmic conspiracies every time! At least, Elon loves you using the platform :oops: ;)
...and your algorithm is showing again. :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:45 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:39 pm New video of someone running across the roof. Look how fuggen easy this shot was. https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1818701419660427510

You fall for the algorithmic conspiracies every time! At least, Elon loves you using the platform :oops: ;)
Is that video a fake?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:06 pm

Is that video a fake?
No idea
but certainly possible.
coincidentally allegedly shot by someone who was hit by gunfire seconds later

so all of the cops in and around the building immediately after the shots let a second shooter go? Ditto for the snipers?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:49 pm

Is that video a fake?
No idea
but certainly possible.

so all of the cops in and around the building immediately after the shots let a second shooter go? Ditto for the snipers?
:lol: :roll:
If you don't know its a fake, why go for the jugular, discount the post, call it an algorithmic conspiracy I fell for. Yet, if you spent more than 1 second preparing your standard reply against anyone to whom you disagree, you'd had learned this was filmed from the guy that was shot twice. Might want to use the 24x3 method moving forward.
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:22 pm

Is that video a fake?
No idea
but certainly possible.

If you don't know its a fake, why go for the jugular, discount the post, call it an algorithmic conspiracy I fell for. Yet, if you spent more than 1 second preparing your standard reply against anyone to whom you disagree, you'd had learned this was filmed from the guy that was shot twice. Might want to use the 24x3 method moving forward.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I
You didn't answer my questions
Where did the second shooter go? How come NOBODY else saw this person? Not cops, nor spectators who all saw the shooter
How come FBI confirmed all of the bullets fired came from one weapon (the one lying next to the dead shooter). 8 shots 8 empty cartridges

How come Senator Hawley didn't ask all these questions at yesterday's hearing?

Amazing none of these questions occurred to you either? Wonder why that is?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:22 pm

Is that video a fake?
No idea
but certainly possible.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion as am I
You didn't answer my questions
Where did the second shooter go? How come NOBODY else saw this person? Not cops, nor spectators who all saw the shooter
How come FBI confirmed all of the bullets fired came from one weapon (the one lying next to the dead shooter). 8 shots 8 empty cartridges

How come Senator Hawley didn't ask all these questions at yesterday's hearing?

Amazing none of these questions occurred to you either? Wonder why that is?
:lol: So I post an authentic video, hot off the press, from the guy that got shot...and you now want to start a fight, b/c you assumed it was fake. Nice pivot when backed into the corner for prematurely looking a fool.

Wanna have a conversation, then act like you actually care to have one.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”