The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:16 pm Fair and balanced.....no need for me to post negative Trump stuff, everyone else here does that for us and I've already set in stone that I am not a fan of Trump.
:lol: What kind of logic is that?

You've all also "set in stone" that you're not a fan of Biden or Kamala. Yet you find PLENTY of time to complain about them on a daily basis.

Fair and balanced is: you guys throw stones at ideas and policies you don't like. Remember?

How many times have you and OS complained about making discussions about ideas?

Yet it's clear as day neither of you want to do that, and instead, want to degrade the discussion here into a partisan p*ssing contest.

It's obvious that both of you like all of Trump's policies just fine. Which is fine.....but please, stop lying to us, telling us that you don't.

Bring it up when you don't. And the fact that neither of you have done that with 12 years worth of chances? It's absurd to claim you don't like everything he does, and plans to do.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:52 pm Elon Musk shares video with AI-generated voice of Kamala Harris

If you're following Elon Musk for political advice, then you're off your rocker.
... he is just getting in deeper. He keeps it up, his Tesla BOD will fire him. He is behaving like a child, not a major corporate officer. He is trashing his reputation and the company's.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ggait

Post by ggait »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:44 pm Your infallible computers said the Phillies were going to beat the Yankees last night. Unfortunately for Phillies fans, that didn’t happen.

Ever heard of Y2K? Another swing and a miss by the computers.

And my favorite, which you always ignore: the New York Times computer gave Hillary an 80% chance of winning at 10 PM on election night.

Gee, how is it possible that computers make mistakes?
1. I talk in probabilties. So a 35% probability event does happen from time to time. On average, about 35% of the time! While the Phillies lost last night, they did not have a 0% win probability in that game. It was 3-2 after 4. And then it got very ugly.

2. A "prediction" at 10 pm on election night is not a future forecast. That is a projection based on partial counting of actual cast and reported votes after the polls have closed. A totally different exercise. As you know obviously.

By the way, Silver just turned his computer back on.

SkyNet says Kamala has a 54% chance of winning the popular vote and a 38% chance in the EC. Current base case is a PV/EC split like in 00 and 16.

About what I expected. Both waaaayyyyy better than what Joe was doing (42% and 15%). And still very early. PA is gonna be tough for Kamala. But PA was tougher for Joe -- Economist gave him a 19% PA win probability. [I know you disagree with this.]

But still an underdog. Joe totally screwed the pooch -- he needed to drop out in 2023.

Cheers!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Ah, now making excuses for your infallible computers. Back pedaling?

As I have said, the best period for Harris‘s numbers will be between now and early to mid September. After that (and maybe even before), they will slide. Conversely, Joe’s numbers were at a low when he dropped out. His numbers would have gradually risen from the convention through the election. Good chance he would’ve won the blue wall states.

You seem to think polling is done the way it was done in the 1980s, your favorite decade. Suggest you read up on how polling has changed in recent years. You may be shocked to learn that pollsters now take into account your dreaded “other factors.”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:16 pm Fair and balanced.....no need for me to post negative Trump stuff, everyone else here does that for us and I've already set in stone that I am not a fan of Trump.

You've all also "set in stone" that you're not a fan of Biden or Kamala. Yet you find PLENTY of time to complain about them on a daily basis.

Fair and balanced is: you guys throw stones at ideas and policies you don't like. Remember?

Yet it's clear as day neither of you want to do that, and instead, want to degrade the discussion here into a partisan p*ssing contest.

It's obvious that both of you like all of Trump's policies just fine. Which is fine.....but please, stop lying to us, telling us that you don't.

Bring it up when you don't. And the fact that neither of you have done that with 12 years worth of chances? It's absurd to claim you don't like everything he does, and plans to do.
It's your kind of logic....I learned it from you. Don't like it, change your ways. ;) :lol:

Exactly, WE are the only ones providing not favorable content around here about Biden/Harris et al. Hell, if it were not for us, you all would probably not learn anything about your own party candidates that does not fluff them any further ;)

The items I post are real life events, words, memes etc that the globe also sees, that otherwise would never hit CNN, NYT, TWP...and frankly some of them I post make the news 24-48 hours later if they gain traction.

Lying? :(
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:57 pm

Yep. That ain’t piss it’s rain.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:25 pm Exactly, WE are the only ones providing not favorable content around here about Biden/Harris et al. Hell, if it were not for us, you all would probably not learn anything about your own party candidates that does not fluff them any further ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude. Let's go to betting: for every post I find that hammers Biden for policies, age, speeches, walking up stairs, etc. You give me a bottle of whiskey?

Deal?

You're LYING. Not only did we hammer Biden here....we got him to DROP OUT of the Presidential race for being old as F.

Meanwhile? You have not made one single post hammering Trump for being too old. Or for not making sense.

Try this "logic" on someone else. You're here to throw stones at Dems, and you REFUSE to criticize policies/speeches/behavior from anyone with the magic R. Trump is running for President...and can't muster the strength to discuss his platform or speeches?

Either stop claiming you want honest discussions here about ideas, or start discussing the 2024 Republican platform. Pick one. Happy to steer clear if you tell me you're just here to throw stones at Dems.
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:16 pm The items I post are real life events, words, memes etc that the globe also sees, that otherwise would never hit CNN, NYT, TWP...and frankly some of them I post make the news 24-48 hours later if they gain traction.
Yes. Lying. You just got caught....again....posting an edited VR video supposedly from Kamala. You are part of the problem, YA. Stop posting stuff that you know comes from the right wing, and you know is LIKELY to be manipulated and/or taken out of context.

You did the same thing with Green Day. That's spreading two lies in one day. Stop helping these lies spread. Pretty please.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:52 pm Elon Musk shares video with AI-generated voice of Kamala Harris

If you're following Elon Musk for political advice, then you're off your rocker.
Exactly. Still mystified what YA only posts garbage information from his Twitter feed and rationalizes it by blaming everyone else for posting bad Orange Fatso information as some kind of equal time rationale. :oops: :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:57 pm How many times have you and OS complained about making discussions about ideas?

I've repeatedly told you that I support Trump because I agree with his policies & most of his decisions.

I don't have a list of all of his policies. None come to mind that I do not agree with, but I'll be sure to alert you when one pops into my consciousness.

I've repeatedly posted that I disagree with & do not support what Trump did after the election. I felt that he caused the loss of 2 GA Senate seats & cost (R)'s control of the Senate. I also posted that Trump, Biden & HRC all mishandled classified documents & if treated like lesser ranked officials, they'd lose their security clearances & be ineligible for future govt service.

I'd prefer to have a Pres DeSantis to implement Trump's policies or a Pres Haley to implement her foreign policies. I find her domestic policies close enough to Trump's to be acceptable. For me -- any (R) would be preferable to the (D)'s weird policies. National security issues are my priority.
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...the warm up music being played for a Vance rally = Macho Man.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:11 pm Ah, now making excuses for your infallible computers. Back pedaling?

As I have said, the best period for Harris‘s numbers will be between now and early to mid September. After that (and maybe even before), they will slide. Conversely, Joe’s numbers were at a low when he dropped out. His numbers would have gradually risen from the convention through the election. Good chance he would’ve won the blue wall states.

You seem to think polling is done the way it was done in the 1980s, your favorite decade. Suggest you read up on how polling has changed in recent years. You may be shocked to learn that pollsters now take into account your dreaded “other factors.”
Why do you believe these to be true? Would these purported changes indicate an actual change in sentiment, or a change in polling methodology?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:23 pm :lol: ...the warm up music being played for a Vance rally = Macho Man.
So the eyeliner is working?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:40 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:23 pm :lol: ...the warm up music being played for a Vance rally = Macho Man.
He's trying to get some of the Democrat vote.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:15 pm I've repeatedly told you that I support Trump because I agree with his policies & most of his decisions.
No, you've told us 1,000 times you DON'T support Trump, and have never voted for him. THAT is the disconnect, OS. If you didn't tell us that? Why would I waste my time with you on this subject.

You told me previously that you disagree with several of Trump's policies while in office, but don't want to say what they are.

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:15 pm I don't have a list of all of his policies. None come to mind that I do not agree with, but I'll be sure to alert you when one pops into my consciousness.
:lol: So now you support ALL of Trump's policies...but you're telling us that you have never voted for him?

Trot on over to the Trump thread, and tell us about Trump's policies that you like. Discuss ideas.

Or is even that too much to ask? You want to make this place a discussion place for ideas? Great news. Do it. Stop wasting 100% of your time with throwing stones at the Dems. Just 90% is sufficient, and then some.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:43 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:40 pm
He's trying to get some of the Democrat vote.
Hmm. An idea worthy of him and you.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:43 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:15 pm I've repeatedly told you that I support Trump because I agree with his policies & most of his decisions.
No, you've told us 1,000 times you DON'T support Trump, and have never voted for him. THAT is the disconnect, OS. If you didn't tell us that? Why would I waste my time with you on this subject.

You told me previously that you disagree with several of Trump's policies while in office, but don't want to say what they are.
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:15 pm I don't have a list of all of his policies. None come to mind that I do not agree with, but I'll be sure to alert you when one pops into my consciousness.
:lol: So now you support ALL of Trump's policies...but you're telling us that you have never voted for him?

Trot on over to the Trump thread, and tell us about Trump's policies that you like. Discuss ideas.

Or is even that too much to ask? You want to make this place a discussion place for ideas? Great news. Do it. Stop wasting 100% of your time with throwing stones at the Dems. Just 90% is sufficient, and then some.
I've stated my position as clearly as I can. You can like it, or lump it. I told you at the time, when they came up as issues, what I disagreed with. I don't need to repeat it. I've never voted for Trump & I've told you why. That does not mean I can't agree with his policies & decisions & prefer them to the alternative. I only have 2 alternatives. My Presidential vote in MD is meaningless. Give it up. You're constant whining & hectoring is a waste of keystrokes & bandwidth. You refuse to accept answers which do not please you. That is why I decline to engage with you.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:00 pm I've stated my position as clearly as I can. You can like it, or lump it. I told you at the time, when they came up as issues, what I disagreed with. I don't need to repeat it. I've never voted for Trump & I've told you why. That does not mean I can't agree with his policies & decisions & prefer them to the alternative. I only have 2 alternatives. My Presidential vote in MD is meaningless. Give it up. You're constant whining & hectoring is a waste of keystrokes & bandwidth. You refuse to accept answers which do not please you. That is why I decline to engage with you.
As you engage with him EVERY EFFING DAY here. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Quit LYING.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:11 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:00 pm I've stated my position as clearly as I can. You can like it, or lump it. I told you at the time, when they came up as issues, what I disagreed with. I don't need to repeat it. I've never voted for Trump & I've told you why. That does not mean I can't agree with his policies & decisions & prefer them to the alternative. I only have 2 alternatives. My Presidential vote in MD is meaningless. Give it up. You're constant whining & hectoring is a waste of keystrokes & bandwidth. You refuse to accept answers which do not please you. That is why I decline to engage with you.
As you engage with him EVERY EFFING DAY here. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Quit LYING.
On my own terms. when I feel like it's not a total waste of time. I don't go down every rabbit hole. There'd be little time for anything else.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Conversely, Joe’s numbers were at a low when he dropped out. His numbers would have gradually risen from the convention through the election. Good chance he would’ve won the blue wall states.
I know that is what you think. Joe would have been solid if only ggait and Clooney would have STFU. But come on Bill. We know to a 100% probability that that was never going to happen, right? ;)

No one will ever know if Joe would have won in November. And no one will ever know if Joe would have been gotten vaporized by Trump in November. Because life is not a double blind placebo controlled experiment. Predicting the future is hard.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

As usual, your nonstop whining and your whoa-is-me martyrdom makes you not pay a lick of attention.

Talk about the stuff you agree with with Trump's platform.

Thread is right there, waiting for you to discuss ideas, not people. You won't do that. Because that's not why you're here.

Return to “POLITICS”