~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: ~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:10 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:05 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:00 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am I wonder why Vance is no better at defending his wife from racist attacks than Cruz was at defending his wife
Who's attacking Vance's wife ? Usha was a star of the RNC.
She was a SC law clerk for Justices Roberts & Kavanaugh.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsNationNow/ ... 356377086/
So...was she a "DEI hire" by the Chief and Kavanaugh? Because her credentials for so important a job seem a lot like Lina Khan's. You seem inconsistent sometimes. Weird.
She is not white. So guess where the comments were coming from. Truthfully it was Trump who was insulting Cruz’s wife and father. This time Trump was not involved. You support Trump’s positions.

Purity uber alles
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... a-attacks/ Racism is strong on the right. Violence and misogany too.

Where does hiring incompetent relatives in key positions rank on the smell test? Trump is afraid of somen in power particularly black women. It will give joy to watch the DEI candidate skin Trump in a debate if he ever shows. He has a history of promising to testify and then not posting

It is interesting how OS claims not to know anything about things like this. Limited exposure to the world that is not an alternative fact?
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:00 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:00 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am I wonder why Vance is no better at defending his wife from racist attacks than Cruz was at defending his wife
Who's attacking Vance's wife ? Usha was a star of the RNC.
She was a SC law clerk for Justices Roberts & Kavanaugh.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsNationNow/ ... 356377086/
They are doing DEI with Vance’s wife…..Old Salt says JD doesn’t know what he is talking about. Wife playing the victim.

https://www.thecut.com/article/jd-vance ... tacks.html
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:15 pm Old Salt seems unaware of attacks on Vance’s DEI wife, meanwhile halfway around the world:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 089701.cms
:roll: ...online extremists. :lol: you trolls are really digging deep to come up with something. Weird.
JD & Usha need more practice playing the victim. You 3 could start a drag queen version of The View.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:38 am :roll: ...online extremists. :lol: you trolls are really digging deep to come up with something. Weird.
JD & Usha need more practice playing the victim. You 3 could start a drag queen version of The View.
Well you are certainly an expert on trolls being the biggest one of all around here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Ella Emhoff: Forget Brat summer, Kamala Harris’s leftist stepdaughter could be her ticket to the Gen Z vote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... 7f5a&ei=17

Earlier this month, an old interview with Republican vice-presidential hopeful JD Vance resurfaced online. In it, Vance denounced vice-president Kamala Harris as a “childless cat lady” with no “direct stake” in America’s future. His words prompted outrage – and among the first to rush to Harris’s defence was her 25-year-old stepdaughter, Ella Emhoff. “How can you be ‘childless’ when you have cutie pie kids like Cole and I?” she wrote in an Instagram story.

Her comment was a testament to her and her older brother Cole’s warm bond with the woman they call “Momala” – and proved that family isn’t just about biological relationships. If Harris, who was endorsed by US president Joe Biden after he announced he’d no longer be seeking re-election, does end up in the White House, then Ella will be a very modern first daughter. An artist, activist and alternative fashion icon, she feels worlds away from the classic, cookie-cutter stereotype of a political offspring – who smiles politely in photo ops, dresses and acts conservatively, and shies away from any remotely controversial causes.

Ella was born in California in 1999, and has the jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald as her namesake (Her brother, who is five years her senior, was named after the saxophonist John Coltrane). Her parents, film producer Kerstin and entertainment lawyer Doug Emhoff, split up in 2008, but the breakup was an amicable one. “I thought we had it good compared to a lot of other people I’d seen with divorced parents,” Ella told The New York Times in 2021. “So I think I felt really lucky.” She and her brother were politically engaged from a young age, and were “really active” in campaigning against Proposition 8, the amendment opposing same-sex marriage. As a teen, Ella attended Wildwood School, a private school that also counts celebrity offspring such as Rumer Willis and Frances Bean Cobain among its alumni.

... ​​Should Harris secure the Democratic nomination, the spotlight on Ella will only intensify. We can surely expect her to become a fixture on the campaign trail. And she might just be Harris’s secret weapon: a conduit to Gen Z ...

more at link

Funny how idiotic tRump accused Kamala Harris of being anti Anti Semite when her husband and step daughter are both Jewish.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Old Salt. Kamala must be getting to him too. Such a sophomoric post he wrote.

Meanwhile on Syd and Friends this exchange happened.

Talking about Harris’ spouse.

"He's a crappy Jew," said host Sid Rosenberg. "He's a horrible Jew."

And Trump agreed.

That is the kind of crappy low rent candidates OS supports these days. His vocabulary is equally low rent.

I have met both presidential candidates bcs of one person. In the 1980’s Trump brought the Trump Princess to Baltimore. There was a small reception at the inner harbor. I attended with the woman i dated for several years. Trump wandered around for a bit then beelined over to her and inserted himself into out conversation ending by asking her to dinner on the Princess. She was surprised but laughed and turned away. She introduced ne to Kamala years later. They were both Alphas and sorority sisters. Small workd
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I've noticed a pattern developing in trying to define Kamala Harris record as DA and AG. Two words keep coming into the conversation. Her record is " complex " and also " complicated " I have not heard her record defined yet as cut and dried.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:02 am I've noticed a pattern developing in trying to define Kamala Harris record as DA and AG. Two words keep coming into the conversation. Her record is " complex " and also " complicated " I have not heard her record defined yet as cut and dried.
Two beat reporters from the "New York Times" of California's capitol weigh in, 2019:

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-go ... 75207.html

Another very interesting metric is shockingly low staff retention numbers going back twenty years, and leakage anecdotes of former staff. For what it's worth, it doesn't paint a pretty picture. You folks do your own search engine digs on that if you care to.

Is there any chance Hilary could run? :roll:
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Bow does that stack up to her opponents history of unpaid workers, lawzuits, taking charitable donations intended gor kid’s cancer, defrauding students at Trump U, serial adultery, bigotry, rape and sexual assault, stealing government property and refusing to return it, dodging the draft, inciting riots, trying to overturn an election, directing public funds to own businesses etc etc.

Comet et al tried to create malfeasance and crime from disgruntled informants. They all crumbled. There are always people like that around. The phrase nothing burger fits here esp in relation to her opponent. Find something from her tine ss Veep or Senator that is meaningful
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:51 pm Old Salt. Kamala must be getting to him too. Such a sophomoric post he wrote.

And Trump agreed.

That is the kind of crappy low rent candidates OS supports these days. His vocabulary is equally low rent.

I have met both presidential candidates bcs of one person. In the 1980’s Trump brought the Trump Princess to Baltimore. There was a small reception at the inner harbor. I attended with the woman i dated for several years. Trump wandered around for a bit then beelined over to her and inserted himself into out conversation ending by asking her to dinner on the Princess. She was surprised but laughed and turned away. She introduced ne to Kamala years later. They were both Alphas and sorority sisters. Small workd
I pointed out his mask years ago. I recognized it with my first encounter. I was fairly new to the politics forum and was anonymous. I learned about him and a few others that no longer participate.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Another very interesting metric is shockingly low staff retention numbers going back twenty years, and leakage anecdotes of former staff. For what it's worth, it doesn't paint a pretty picture. You folks do your own search engine digs on that if you care to.
Mike Pence doesn't think that we should Trump because he is a good boss to work for.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Republicans For Harris

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d528&ei=19

Vice President Kamala Harris is scoring support not only from top Democratic leaders, but also GOP leaders, as the group, "Republicans for Harris," officially announced its launch via social media Sunday.

According to The Hill, "Republicans for Harris will focus on activating GOP voices 'to speak to their friends and family about the importance of voting for the Vice President,' according to the campaign, which described the group as a 'campaign within a campaign.'"

Per the report, ex-Trump White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement, "I encourage other Trump administration officials who saw the tyrant we worked for in office to speak out and stand with Kamala Harris this November to keep integrity in the White House and ensure democracy for our country."

CNN reports:

Already signing on as supporters: former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld (the 2016 Libertarian nominee for vice president who then challenged Trump in the 2020 Republican primary), former New Jersey Gov. Christine Todd Whitman, Kinzinger, former Virginia Rep. Denver Riggleman, former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh (who also challenged Trump in the 2020 primary) and former Trump press secretary Stephanie Grisham.

Some of the Republicans listed above, as well as political and legal experts, responded to the news via social media.

Former US Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-FL) replied to the announcement via X, writing: "There is nothing 'conservative' about Donald Trump. Conservatives believe in the Constitution, not a 'man’s' ego. Endorsing American democracy and the future today, and leaving the past in the dust.I’m endorsing @KamalaHarris"
Joe Walsh replied to Kinzinger's post, adding: "14yrs ago, @AdamKinzinger & I were 2 conservative Republicans elected to Congress. 14yrs later, Adam & I are 2 conservatives endorsing Kamala Harris. What happened? The GOP became an authoritarian-embracing cult. Republicans, join us. You’re better than Trump. @RepsForHarris."

READ MORE: Ex-Pence aide turns the tables on WSJ over Biden exposé: 'Happy to discuss Trump’s mental acuity'

Bloomberg Opinion executive editor Tim O'Brien commented: "I don’t anticipate Democrats for Trump to be gathering on Zoom anytime soon."

Former US attorney and MSNBC legal analyst Joyce Vance added: "This widespread endorsement of the opposition candidate from members of a presidential candidate's own party is unprecedented. So is Trump's utter disregard for our Constitution & rule of law."

Former Washington Post editor Robert McCarney chimed in, writing: "'Republicans for Harris' reminds me that in 1972, 'Democrats for Nixon' was a sizable movement. It was a sign of (regrettable) dissatisfaction with Dems’ nominee McGovern. In 2024, such dissatisfaction on GOP side is most welcome. And we remember how it went for McGovern."

Good to finally see patriotic Republicans who are more concerned about their country than they are about their hate cult party.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:09 pm Image
There’s a lot of open mouths there.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:55 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:51 pm Old Salt. Kamala must be getting to him too. Such a sophomoric post he wrote.

And Trump agreed.

I pointed out his mask years ago. I recognized it with my first encounter. I was fairly new to the politics forum and was anonymous. I learned about him and a few others that no longer participate.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mask_(1985_film)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Best women for the job. They are all qualified.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:13 am
Best women for the job. They are all qualified.
Listen they were qualified for Roger Ailes’ needs. What’s the big deal. Can’t you let a guy get his nut?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://i.imgur.com/NtbbmpC.png

That's the ticket!

This defo seals Lake Wobegone for the Dems. It should also help in securing Wisconsin for the party as well. My chief concern, however, are Virginia, Georgia, and the Southwestern states. I don't know if they have much time to open up campaign offices in those states so as to get the votes out. Then, there is Pennsylvania which, to me, is highly critical ~ hopefully, they will extend their campaign time there and win over votes, especially from the Central part of the state which is less urbanized that Bucks-Philly and Allegheny-Butler area.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Does anyone responsible want to take a stab at defending the hiring of savid plouff? I can’t stand him but for those unfamiliar let’s look at his last decade working for Travis Kalamick and Mark Zuckerberg enabling two monstrous people and a nasty taste for dirty money.

On August 19, 2014, Plouffe was appointed as Senior Vice President of Policy and Strategy at Uber.[34] The company had just raised $18.2 billion in it's most recent funding round.[35] Uber at the time was facing heavy regulatory hurdles and the hiring of Plouffe was seen as a way for the company to get these regulations lifted.[36]
In January 2017, Plouffe was hired by Mark Zuckerberg to lead policy and advocacy at the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative. He leads a bipartisan policy board alongside Ken Mehlman where they announce policy members and work to find opportunities to work with the government.[37]
In September 2019, Plouffe was invited to join the board of directors of ACRONYM, a liberal nonprofit group focused on digital messaging, by CEO Tara McGowan. He advises program work at ACRONYM and bolsters the organization's fundraising efforts.[38]
Plouffe hosts a podcast, Campaign HQ with David Plouffe which is a partnership with Cadence13.[39][40]
2024 Kamala Harris presidential campaign
edit
In August 2024, Plouffe joined the Harris campaign as a Senior Advisor.[41]
Controversy
edit
Plouffe has drawn criticism for his paid speaking engagements abroad while on hiatus from advising Obama. In early 2009, Plouffe spoke in Baku, Azerbaijan, for $50,000. The event's sponsor had ties to Azerbaijan's authoritarian government. Following complaints from human rights groups, Plouffe donated his speaking fees to the National Democratic Institute.[42][43]
In December 2010, Plouffe received $100,000 for two speeches in Nigeria from an affiliate of the South African telecommunications company MTN Group. At the time, MTN had been doing business with the government of Iran since 2005. MTN later came under increased scrutiny by the United States due to allegations that the Iranian government used the MTN network to track and monitor dissidents. MTN has been listed on the "Iran Business Registry" of watchdog group United Against Nuclear Iran since 2009.[44] White House spokesman Eric Schultz stated that Plouffe had only spoken to the group about digital communications and cellular technology, and had declined to meet with the company's leadership. Schultz also said the criticism of Plouffe's speeches before he joined the White House was "misplaced".[45]
In 2013, in response to accusations from Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA) that the Obama administration knew about the IRS targeting of not-for-profit conservative groups for extra scrutiny, Plouffe tweeted: "Strong words from Mr Grand Theft Auto and suspected arsonist/insurance swindler. And loose ethically today", referring to two incidents in Issa's past. In 1972, while a teenager, Issa was accused of stealing a Maserati sports car; the charges were later dropped. In 1982, a Cleveland warehouse belonging to Issa burned to the ground. The fire was ruled suspicious and Issa collected an insurance payout, but he was not charged with any crime.[46] [47][48][49][50][51]
In February 2017, Plouffe was fined $90,000 by the Chicago Board of Ethics for the violation of ethics rules when he failed to register as a lobbyist after contacting Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel to help Uber with regulations for picking up travelers at Chicago airports. The board fined Uber $2,000 as well for hiring a lobbyist who violated the city's lobbying laws.[52]
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Still think she should’ve leaned in instead of going with the boring and strategically plain Midwest shite straight guy.

Give me some Yang or gay white Mayor Pete or imagine Booker as VP rolling into a public scene in camps and FUBU and when Trump runs his mouth just has to pint to his woman and go “can you get a hottie like that to ride your pony express without paying for it fat old whitey)!?!” Rosario over on the side looking like a boxing ring girl crossed with Athena herself in an outfit she borrowed from the dancers in the thing song video. Heads would explode in MaGA strongholds like Harrison AR similar to when Clayton Bigsby revealed himself at the rally.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:55 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:51 pm That is the kind of crappy low rent candidates OS supports these days.
Kamala's warmup act at her Atlanta rally. Willie Brown 'd hit dat.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/31/style/me ... index.html

Return to “POLITICS”