Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Trump Rally and Possible Shooting or Explosions?

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:01 pm No COMMS with USSS :shock:

https://x.com/ryanafournier/status/1817 ... a82I2GssRg
That seemed to be the issue from the jump. Anybody that in anyway was involved in the security detail should have been in communication with the secret service. The shooter was clearly spotted on the roof a long time before he fired the first shots. This security failure still has a long way to go in the investigation phase. It sadly at this stage of the game resembles a tragic comedy of errors.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

We were warning you about the incompetency / willfull criminality of the SS 3.5 years ago, but no one seemed to care.

Secret Service erased texts from two-day period spanning Jan. 6 attack, watchdog says
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:13 pm

That seemed to be the issue from the jump. Anybody that in anyway was involved in the security detail should have been in communication with the secret service. The shooter was clearly spotted on the roof a long time before he fired the first shots. This security failure still has a long way to go in the investigation phase. It sadly at this stage of the game resembles a tragic comedy of errors.
That's not on the SS. This is on the newly formed Department of Homeland security-----remember those guys? Burning through billions every year to do PRECISELY what's being asked here: to coordinate local, State, and Federal security and response teams in a post 9/11 world.

A world where we found that all the emergency and domestic terror prevention and response crews didn't have any way of talking to one another?

From their Mission Page, one of their jobs:

Ensure Mission-Driven Management and Integration
As a unified Department, DHS will leverage the collective capabilities of its operational Components to identify opportunities for jointness and integration. Through a comprehensive and collaborative approach, DHS will ensure its operators and employees have the necessary tools, resources, and authorities to execute its mission
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:47 pm

We were warning you about the incompetency / willfull criminality of the SS 3.5 years ago, but no one seemed to care.

Secret Service erased texts from two-day period spanning Jan. 6 attack, watchdog says
Not sure what you are implying or even what J6 has to do with anything.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 6:35 pm

That's not on the SS. This is on the newly formed Department of Homeland security-----remember those guys? Burning through billions every year to do PRECISELY what's being asked here: to coordinate local, State, and Federal security and response teams in a post 9/11 world.

A world where we found that all the emergency and domestic terror prevention and response crews didn't have any way of talking to one another?

As a unified Department, DHS will leverage the collective capabilities of its operational Components to identify opportunities for jointness and integration. Through a comprehensive and collaborative approach, DHS will ensure its operators and employees have the necessary tools, resources, and authorities to execute its mission
Betcha a steak dinner that DHS will state unequivocally they delegated security to the secret service. It will be a cold day in hell before DHS would take the blame for any screw up. You already know that.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not discounting your statement, and you may be on to something. When I listened to Bongino ( 12 year SS Agent) on the radio last week, he never mentioned DHS in his conversations while discussing all that goes in to these types of site specific details, at least I did not hear anything. Lots of talk about how a USSS leader/team is responsible for all the game planning on site, hold the onsite briefing, delegate parties and responsibilities, etc. I know with certainty that when military is dispatched to support these events, they direct report to a USSS liaison...now maybe USSS has an onsite DHS rep/team also onsite, but they are essentially invisible to the boots on the ground players.

Sounds like typical gov't....just keep adding layers bureaucracy so there is so much ambiguity, no one person/entity can be at fault.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:08 pm Betcha a steak dinner that DHS will state unequivocally they delegated security to the secret service. It will be a cold day in hell before DHS would take the blame for any screw up. You already know that.
You'll likely be eating a steak of your choice if afan took that bet....but I am sure he's much wiser than to take that bet.
~Livy

NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Not sure what you are implying or even what J6 has to do with anything.
That the Secret Service has had issues for years. They erased sensitive data surrounding a major event. Pretty topical.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:24 pm

Not discounting your statement, and you may be on to something. When I listened to Bongino ( 12 year SS Agent) on the radio last week, he never mentioned DHS in his conversations while discussing all that goes in to these types of site specific details, at least I did not hear anything. Lots of talk about how a USSS leader/team is responsible for all the game planning on site, hold the onsite briefing, delegate parties and responsibilities, etc. I know with certainty that when military is dispatched to support these events, they direct report to a USSS liaison...now maybe USSS has an onsite DHS rep/team also onsite, but they are essentially invisible to the boots on the ground players.

Sounds like typical gov't....just keep adding layers bureaucracy so there is so much ambiguity, no one person/entity can be at fault.
Well remember the entire sales pitch for the need for DoHS: that our responders are all on different channels, making coordination in an event like this impossible.

So we broke out the checkbook to do the one thing these organization didn't have a budget for: cross department communications.

Result? Trump was nearly killed. This is DoHS. Period. If this isn't what they do? What the F are we spending.$60B+ per year on?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:08 pm Betcha a steak dinner that DHS will state unequivocally they delegated security to the secret service. It will be a cold day in hell before DHS would take the blame for any screw up. You already know that.
You'll likely be eating a steak of your choice if afan took that bet....but I am sure he's much wiser than to take that bet.
Yeah, totally not taking that one.

I'm annoyed that yet again, our press or Congress doesn't even THINK about why we have a the DoHS in the first place.....and then put a microphone under Mayorkas' nose...asking where the F the coordination of security for this stuff is.

We just showed the world that all of our SS assignments are vulnerable to communication gaps.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:26 pm
Yeah, totally not taking that one.

I'm annoyed that yet again, our press or Congress doesn't even THINK about why we have a the DoHS in the first place.....and then put a microphone under Mayorkas' nose...asking where the F the coordination of security for this stuff is.

We just showed the world that all of our SS assignments are vulnerable to communication gaps.
👍
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Screen shots of texts and photos sent: https://x.com/CollinRugg/status/1817767565621608716

PSA: seacoaster, be careful, this is from Collin Rugg, open with caution. ;)
~Livy

ggait

Post by ggait »

YA — Do you agree that the NY Times has been doing some phenomenol reporting on this story?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Perhaps that message fell on deaf ears at DHS? :roll:
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 8:29 am

Didn't even make it to the Secret Service let alone DHS
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:14 am

Dha came w 9/11 and can go away anytime as far as I’m concerned just superfluous and redundant grew govt (under reps sadly) and created less action and more rent seeking is all.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:21 am

Dha came w 9/11 and can go away anytime as far as I’m concerned just superfluous and redundant grew govt (under reps sadly) and created less action and more rent seeking is all.
It was needed, but I am not so sure how much value-add has taken place since. For instance, If I hold a high level DoD clearance and I have to now go to FBI or a military base or even work in a DoD NGO, I can not just provide my name and SSN and the query my status.....I have to fill out paperwork all over again. It seems that all these entities still do not play in the same sandbox or they just want you think that; it is frustrating as hell.

Maybe it was primarily to manage the Patriot Act scope and be a place that could wiggle out of accountability when applying surveillance to our own citizens.
~Livy

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:59 am

It was needed, but I am not so sure how much value-add has taken place since. For instance, If I hold a high level DoD clearance and I have to now go to FBI or a military base or even work in a DoD NGO, I can not just provide my name and SSN and the query my status.....I have to fill out paperwork all over again. It seems that all these entities still do not play in the same sandbox or they just want you think that; it is frustrating as hell.

Maybe it was primarily to manage the Patriot Act scope and be a place that could wiggle out of accountability when applying surveillance to our own citizens.
I don’t mind pres bush as much as some but clear many of that package of laws post 9/11 were a complete waste-they all get power hungry and grab at the map. It’s a joke.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 9:59 am

No, no, no...the 9/11 commission found that "same sandbox" problem, and the DoHS was SUPPOSED to get rid of that. The very fact that you don't have unified clearance is a BIG problem. Because that means one Department can know someone is dangerous...while the other doesn't.

Which is what happened at the Trump rally, and that nearly got Trump killed. I'm livid.....all these billions and 20+ years later, and the problems are all still there. And Congress didn't so much as notice.

Return to “POLITICS”