~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: ~47~President Kamala D. Harris~47~

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:28 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:09 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:55 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:44 pm IMHO nobody voted for Biden in 2020. Oh, maybe a few dozen friends and family members voted FOR Biden, but all the Biden voters I know would have voted for whomsoever was running against Trump.
By 2022, people were voting against anyone endorsed by Trump.
At this point, the 81 million, 283 thousand Biden voters who are still eligible to vote and a big chunk of the 8 million new gen Z voters added since 2020
https://circle.tufts.edu/latest-researc ... oters-2022
are going Harris come hell or high water. Trump has only gotten worse (Jan 6th, anyone? Stolen Classified docs?) since his Presidency. The internet is larded with former Trump supporters who have found that they’re not in the MAGA tent anymore, and the MAGA tent just seems to keep getting smaller and more insular.
IMHO there are a lot of people who voted for Biden who are not exactly enamored with the job he has done as CiC. That is a challenge for candidate Harris. Does she stand shoulder to shoulder with her bosses record or does she slowly and gracefully tiptoe away from it. IMHO Bidens record as CiC isn't really something to write home about. I think team Harris although they will never admit that certainly doesn't want to brag about it all that loudly.
Point in case Joe Biden was furious at the terrorist attack on the US base that killed 3 soldiers. Joe promised to deal the at a time and place of United States choosing. Well as of today that time of our choosing hasn't quite happened. The bad actors are still launching rockets at our troops in Iraq and the hooties from Yemen are launching rockets at shipping in the Red Sea at their leisure. The US has expended alot of very expensive ordnance with little to no effect. A question for candidate Harris... does she have a better plan? Maybe she does and maybe she doesn't that might be one of those questions that might arise while on the campaign trail or even possibly in a debate. Kamala Harris will need to take a PhD level crash course in understanding all of the threats to the United States today. Poor Anthony Blinken has terminal jet lag from all of his international diplomacy with not much to show for it outside of the jet lag.

I'm not sure which is more difficult, running for president or actually finding yourself president?
Think you'd better do some research before declaring facts that maybe are factual - We took multiple shots at various Iranian militias in both Syria and Iraq at the time. Since then there have been no recent attacks on US troops or installations.

Last time I checked the Houthis have not successfully hit any American target - naval or airborne let alone causing any casualties. Although there are still occasional attacks on commercial shipping the pace of those is significantly reduced.

Arguing just to argue seems to be a waste of time and energy.
You missed the point. After all of that expensive ordnance expended the hooties can still launch at the time and place of their choosing. The important point that you don't seem to grasp is the hooties ability to launch missiles and ordnance has not been degraded to a point where they are no longer a threat. Was that not the objective of the US in the first place? We are only fortunate the hooties are not hitting very much. The law of averages catches up eventually.
FTR I'm not arguing just to argue, I'm pointing out the reality of the situation. You don't see it that way and that is fine by me.
I see you omitted the first statement you made about Iranian militias attacking US bases and troops in Syria and Iraq. Did you miss that point or doesn't it comport with your assertion?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:25 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:28 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:09 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:55 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:44 pm IMHO nobody voted for Biden in 2020. Oh, maybe a few dozen friends and family members voted FOR Biden, but all the Biden voters I know would have voted for whomsoever was running against Trump.
At this point, the 81 million, 283 thousand Biden voters who are still eligible to vote and a big chunk of the 8 million new gen Z voters added since 2020
are going Harris come hell or high water. Trump has only gotten worse (Jan 6th, anyone? Stolen Classified docs?) since his Presidency. The internet is larded with former Trump supporters who have found that they’re not in the MAGA tent anymore, and the MAGA tent just seems to keep getting smaller and more insular.
IMHO there are a lot of people who voted for Biden who are not exactly enamored with the job he has done as CiC. That is a challenge for candidate Harris. Does she stand shoulder to shoulder with her bosses record or does she slowly and gracefully tiptoe away from it. IMHO Bidens record as CiC isn't really something to write home about. I think team Harris although they will never admit that certainly doesn't want to brag about it all that loudly.
Point in case Joe Biden was furious at the terrorist attack on the US base that killed 3 soldiers. Joe promised to deal the at a time and place of United States choosing. Well as of today that time of our choosing hasn't quite happened. The bad actors are still launching rockets at our troops in Iraq and the hooties from Yemen are launching rockets at shipping in the Red Sea at their leisure. The US has expended alot of very expensive ordnance with little to no effect. A question for candidate Harris... does she have a better plan? Maybe she does and maybe she doesn't that might be one of those questions that might arise while on the campaign trail or even possibly in a debate. Kamala Harris will need to take a PhD level crash course in understanding all of the threats to the United States today. Poor Anthony Blinken has terminal jet lag from all of his international diplomacy with not much to show for it outside of the jet lag.

I'm not sure which is more difficult, running for president or actually finding yourself president?
Think you'd better do some research before declaring facts that maybe are factual - We took multiple shots at various Iranian militias in both Syria and Iraq at the time. Since then there have been no recent attacks on US troops or installations.

Last time I checked the Houthis have not successfully hit any American target - naval or airborne let alone causing any casualties. Although there are still occasional attacks on commercial shipping the pace of those is significantly reduced.

Arguing just to argue seems to be a waste of time and energy.
You missed the point. After all of that expensive ordnance expended the hooties can still launch at the time and place of their choosing. The important point that you don't seem to grasp is the hooties ability to launch missiles and ordnance has not been degraded to a point where they are no longer a threat. Was that not the objective of the US in the first place? We are only fortunate the hooties are not hitting very much. The law of averages catches up eventually.
FTR I'm not arguing just to argue, I'm pointing out the reality of the situation. You don't see it that way and that is fine by me.
I see you omitted the first statement you made about Iranian militias attacking US bases and troops in Syria and Iraq. Did you miss that point or doesn't it comport with your assertion?
Nope, I didn't mean to exclude it. Since you mentioned it there was a brief blurb on the news today that the bad actors launched a bunch of rockets at one of our bases in Iraq. No harm no foul no one one injured...this time around. What can you say...better luck next time? 😬
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:40 pm Nope, I didn't mean to exclude it. Since you mentioned it there was a brief blurb on the news today that the bad actors launched a bunch of rockets at one of our bases in Iraq. No harm no foul no one one injured...this time around. What can you say...better luck next time? 😬
post a link please - I cannot find any mention of it anywhere.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:40 pm Nope, I didn't mean to exclude it. Since you mentioned it there was a brief blurb on the news today that the bad actors launched a bunch of rockets at one of our bases in Iraq. No harm no foul no one one injured...this time around. What can you say...better luck next time? 😬
post a link please - I cannot find any mention of it anywhere.
I read it on my News Break App on my phone this morning. It wasn't mentioned on tonights NBC News tonight. Lester Holt had his hands full with more pressing Olympics news and wildfire news and Israel and Hezbollah working on a second front on that nasty little war. When I have a chance I will check my laptop in our office tomorrow. I just googled did terrorists launch rockets at US bases in Iraq. What came up was 2 rockets launched on Thursday and one rocket launched at a different base on Friday with no casualties.
Bob Ross:
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

IMHO nobody voted for Biden in 2020. Oh, maybe a few dozen friends and family members voted FOR Biden, but all the Biden voters I know would have voted for whomsoever was running against Trump.
At this point, the 81 million, 283 thousand Biden voters who are still eligible to vote and a big chunk of the 8 million new gen Z voters added since 2020 are Harris voters come hell or high water.
Trump has only gotten worse (Jan 6th, anyone? Stolen Classified docs? Inane speeches?) since his Presidency. The internet is larded with former Trump supporters who have declared that they’re not in the MAGA tent anymore, and the MAGA tent just seems to keep getting smaller and more insular.
My conspiratorial thought? When Trump loses, he is going to contend that it was rigged (again....of course) and declare that any prosecutions of his evil deeds are purely political and raise money from the same base until it dwindles away or he dies. The guy is going to try to stay relevant until the end, and most importantly, keep raising money. His lifestyle and legal bill ain't cheap.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:29 am
OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:12 am So far they are racist and often violent dog whistles snd the GOO cannot figure it out. Her past is far far better than the career criminals. People are not going to care about your retread from decades ago crap which had no traction then. It is a racist candidate. After the 2016 election studies looked into the vote and found whiteness and mosts under lay things like lack of education, lack of travel and suspicion of the “other”.

Trump asked at his rally the other day. “Do you want a black president or a white president?
I'm not expressing my opinion about anything concerning the upcoming election. I am pointing out what I think the strategy of team trump will be. That is probably not that different from the strategy team Harris will employ. That strategy is to eviscerate your opponent and rip him or her shreds in the arena of public opinion. That is pretty damn ugly at face value but IMO that is how the next few months will play out.
Wake up and smell the roses https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1iO7ou
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:12 am So far they are racist and often violent dog whistles snd the GOO cannot figure it out. Her past is far far better than the career criminals. People are not going to care about your retread from decades ago crap which had no traction then. It is a racist candidate. After the 2016 election studies looked into the vote and found whiteness and mosts under lay things like lack of education, lack of travel and suspicion of the “other”.

Trump asked at his rally the other day. “Do you want a black president or a white president?
I'm not expressing my opinion about anything concerning the upcoming election. I am pointing out what I think the strategy of team trump will be. That is probably not that different from the strategy team Harris will employ. That strategy is to eviscerate your opponent and rip him or her shreds in the arena of public opinion. That is pretty damn ugly at face value but IMO that is how the next few months will play out.
Trump has made a career out of those kinds of attacks. By the way truth is descriptive and lies are self descriptive.

I wonder why Vance is no better at defending his wife from racist attacks than Cruz was at defending his wife
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:07 am

Wake up and smell the roses https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1iO7ou
I'm wide awake and I am smelling the roses I sent my wife on Friday. Steps # 1 and 2 ...check. What's next?
Interesting in your link, trump was speaking to the Black Conservative Federation. I'll take a wild guess and say there is some context being left out. The BCF was applauding when they should have been booing. Irregardless I would expect this clip to be a part of the Harris campaign. I would also expect the trump campaign to use the members of the BCF that were in attendance to try and define what the context was. How it plays out is anyone's guess.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

And in the spirit of " let's get money out of politics " the Harris campaign raised 200 million smack a roos in one week. 👍 I wonder if Musk will match that with one check to trump? 🤔
Bob Ross:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:00 pm And in the spirit of " let's get money out of politics " the Harris campaign raised 200 million smack a roos in one week. 👍 I wonder if Musk will match that with one check to trump? 🤔
The important thing is that the $200 million was donated largely by grassroots supporters and the money goes directly to the Harris campaign and DNC, not Super PACs. That means lower rates for ads (campaigns versus Super PACs) and the donors can donate again.

In contrast, Trump is far more dependent on big money donors.

Should note that Harris’s Super PAC also brought in more than $150 million.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Would big donors include Big Oil that Trump was offering to do their bidding in return for services to be rendered.

CS is about 5 STDs away from normal.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 11:15 am Would big donors include Big Oil that Trump was offering to do their bidding in return for services to be rendered.

CS is about 5 STDs away from normal.
You'd think given he describes Rochester like Kneehigh Park he'd be all set;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAjMXH5JQiY
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am

Trump has made a career out of those kinds of attacks. By the way truth is descriptive and lies are self descriptive.

I wonder why Vance is no better at defending his wife from racist attacks than Cruz was at defending his wife
‘Cause Vance and Cruz are both twats?🤔
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:40 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am

‘Cause Vance and Cruz are both twats?🤔
I was going to say they are both less cool than an enema.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
old salt

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am I wonder why Vance is no better at defending his wife from racist attacks than Cruz was at defending his wife
Who's attacking Vance's wife ? Usha was a star of the RNC.
She was a SC law clerk for Justices Roberts & Kavanaugh.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsNationNow/ ... 356377086/
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:00 pm
OCanada wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am I wonder why Vance is no better at defending his wife from racist attacks than Cruz was at defending his wife

So...was she a "DEI hire" by the Chief and Kavanaugh? Because her credentials for so important a job seem a lot like Lina Khan's. You seem inconsistent sometimes. Weird.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:05 pm

So...was she a "DEI hire" by the Chief and Kavanaugh? Because her credentials for so important a job seem a lot like Lina Khan's. You seem inconsistent sometimes. Weird.
She is not white. So guess where the comments were coming from. Truthfully it was Trump who was insulting Cruz’s wife and father. This time Trump was not involved. You support Trump’s positions.

Purity uber alles
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... a-attacks/ Racism is strong on the right. Violence and misogany too.

Where does hiring incompetent relatives in key positions rank on the smell test? Trump is afraid of somen in power particularly black women. It will give joy to watch the DEI candidate skin Trump in a debate if he ever shows. He has a history of promising to testify and then not posting

It is interesting how OS claims not to know anything about things like this. Limited exposure to the world that is not an alternative fact?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:34 am IMHO nobody voted for Biden in 2020. Oh, maybe a few dozen friends and family members voted FOR Biden, but all the Biden voters I know would have voted for whomsoever was running against Trump.
At this point, the 81 million, 283 thousand Biden voters who are still eligible to vote and a big chunk of the 8 million new gen Z voters added since 2020 are Harris voters come hell or high water.
Trump has only gotten worse (Jan 6th, anyone? Stolen Classified docs? Inane speeches?) since his Presidency. The internet is larded with former Trump supporters who have declared that they’re not in the MAGA tent anymore, and the MAGA tent just seems to keep getting smaller and more insular.
My conspiratorial thought? When Trump loses, he is going to contend that it was rigged (again....of course) and declare that any prosecutions of his evil deeds are purely political and raise money from the same base until it dwindles away or he dies. The guy is going to try to stay relevant until the end, and most importantly, keep raising money. His lifestyle and legal bill ain't cheap.
... likely to be a winning bet!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

They are doing DEI with Vance’s wife…..Old Salt says JD doesn’t know what he is talking about. Wife playing the victim.

https://www.thecut.com/article/jd-vance ... tacks.html
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Old Salt seems unaware of attacks on Vance’s DEI wife, meanwhile halfway around the world:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/wor ... 089701.cms
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”