Olympics 2024

General Chatter
njbill

Olympics 2024

Post by njbill »

Thought there should be a new thread for this year‘s Olympics.

Watched the women’s game last night. I guess not a hugely surprising result. The All-Star team beat the Olympic team in 2021 as well they said.

Not a huge difference in the talent level. The one woman on the WNBA team got really hot and couldn’t miss. That seemed to be a key difference.

Clark is one heckuva distributor, but at least last night her shooting left a lot to be desired. Don’t know that I would want somebody on the Olympic team throwing up 35 footers.

The men’s result is really perplexing. They better get their act together, and pronto.
DMac

Re: Olympics 2024

Post by DMac »

Was a good game, women's hoops is doing it up right these days.
Clark is an outstanding distributor, she's got a little Bird in her,
plays similarly. Let her throw up those 35 footers, that's why you
know who she is (NCAA all-time leading scorer) and why the WNBA
and women's hoops in general has profited so much from her. Lot
of her shots last night rattled out, she wasn't far off the mark with
them...keep shootin' Caitlin, you've proven you can put them in pretty
regularly from there.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Michelle's back!!!
Australian hurdler Michelle Jenneke will be rocking a new title with pride at the 2024 Olympics in Paris.

Taking to Instagram on Tuesday, Jenneke – who became a viral sensation years ago with her pre-race “jiggling” routine — revealed she has been named one of the four captains of the Australian Athletics Team for the summer games.

“Honored to be selected as a team captain for our Aussie Olympic Athletics Team along side these legends! Let’s Go!!!” the 31-year-old exclaimed in the caption.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx0bi1CjGBY
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Mike Tricio is the B-E-S-T, BEST!, Payton Manning & Kelly Clarkson, not so much!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The Cuban men beach volleyball players just owned the American men. The American men use to dominate the game.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Chloe Dygert is my new hero. She wiped out 3 times during the time trial on a rain soaked course. They interviewed he on TV and through the tears she is hoping her bum leg will be ready in a couple of days to participate in the real deal road race. She is already a gold medal winner in my eyes. 8-)
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:53 am Chloe Dygert is my new hero. She wiped out 3 times during the time trial on a rain soaked course. They interviewed he on TV and through the tears she is hoping her bum leg will be ready in a couple of days to participate in the real deal road race. She is already a gold medal winner in my eyes. 8-)
Just saw that as well....did not see the wipeouts
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:53 am Chloe Dygert is my new hero. She wiped out 3 times during the time trial on a rain soaked course. They interviewed he on TV and through the tears she is hoping her bum leg will be ready in a couple of days to participate in the real deal road race. She is already a gold medal winner in my eyes. 8-)
Just saw that as well....did not see the wipeouts
They were ugly. She wasn't hurt but after the 3rd one she changed bikes. The young lady was heartbroken but still determined to ride.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

In my book, a real WINNER!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Controversy on opening ceremony?

https://x.com/marionawfal/status/181720 ... a82I2GssRg

Also so push back on mockery of last supper. And another image of some guys balls hanging out of his shorts.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:17 pm Controversy on opening ceremony?

https://x.com/marionawfal/status/181720 ... a82I2GssRg

Also so push back on mockery of last supper. And another image of some guys balls hanging out of his shorts.
Well they did manage to raise the Olympic Flag upside down. :oops:

Celine Dion was spectacular (and she is also French Canadian) and the hot air balloon Olympic Flame was pretty neat.

Like around here - somebody is always unhappy with something. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

Where was Jean-Claude Killy? Would’ve thought he would’ve been, if not, the ultimate torch lighter, at least one of the final torch bearers.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

njbill wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:33 pm Where was Jean-Claude Killy? Would’ve thought he would’ve been, if not, the ultimate torch lighter, at least one of the final torch bearers.
He is in his mid 80s....and is also a supporter of Vladimir Putin who is currently on the outs with the IOC. Killy was in deep with Sochi Olympics where the Rooskies built cheating into infrastructure to facilitate illegal doping of their athletes. Russia and Belarus are excluded from the IOC currently for this blatant cheating in addition to military aggression in Ukraine.
Last edited by Kismet on Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Looked them up. 80. I suspect the Putin connection was the dealbreaker.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The action has been fabulous - can't get my eyes off the TV screen and I'm suffering from eye strain. And to think, this is only opening day!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The mens Water polo team had their fannies handed to them by the Italian team. I thought water polo was a sport we excelled in? The womens team played outstanding yesterday.
The French lady conquered the rest of the field in the mountain bike race. She won by well over 3 minutes and she is hell on wheels while riding a mountain bike. That was one brutal course to ride.
Bob Ross:
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:25 am The mens Water polo team had their fannies handed to them by the Italian team. I thought water polo was a sport we excelled in? The womens team played outstanding yesterday.
The French lady conquered the rest of the field in the mountain bike race. She won by well over 3 minutes and she is hell on wheels while riding a mountain bike. That was one brutal course to ride.
Women's Water Polo yes. For some reason, US Men's team is not as dominant.

Joe
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:11 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:25 am The mens Water polo team had their fannies handed to them by the Italian team. I thought water polo was a sport we excelled in? The womens team played outstanding yesterday.
Women's Water Polo yes. For some reason, US Men's team is not as dominant.

Joe
They sure looked like they didn't belong in the water with the Italian team. They were totally outclassed in ever way.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I just read that Lacrosse will be a part of the 2028 Olympics. I don't see any other country being in the same league as Canada and the USA.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:32 am I just read that Lacrosse will be a part of the 2028 Olympics. I don't see any other country being in the same league as Canada and the USA.
With the sixes rules package don't sleep on the Iroquois. Earthshaking if they win a gold medal.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”