PLL 2024

PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE
DeepPocket

Re: PLL 2024

Post by DeepPocket »

lorin wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 6:02 pm
stupefied wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:07 pm Turned off by some personnel decisions that reek

No longer watching live, replay will do
I here ya I use to catch every game, now can’t wait for fall ball, gray not playing was it for me and Pll
I haven’t been so quick to turn my back on the league, but I’m at a point in life where I simply cannot watch 6+ hours of lacrosse on a weekend. I find that I can watch more when there are evening games, or Friday games, but still not every last minute.

I follow the entire league’s players and news, but make extra effort to tune into to Waterdogs games, as a fan of theirs, when possible. This is how I am with other sports, I watch my team, and follow league wide news and players, and with the “home team” concept, I have to think this is the end goal of the league.

Personnel adjustments that I disagree with, or seem counterintuitive to me, simply create dialogue on the league.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
lorin

Post by lorin »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:02 am
stupefied wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:07 pm Turned off by some personnel decisions that reek

I here ya I use to catch every game, now can’t wait for fall ball, gray not playing was it for me and Pll
I haven’t been so quick to turn my back on the league, but I’m at a point in life where I simply cannot watch 6+ hours of lacrosse on a weekend. I find that I can watch more when there are evening games, or Friday games, but still not every last minute.

I follow the entire league’s players and news, but make extra effort to tune into to Waterdogs games, as a fan of theirs, when possible. This is how I am with other sports, I watch my team, and follow league wide news and players, and with the “home team” concept, I have to think this is the end goal of the league.

Personnel adjustments that I disagree with, or seem counterintuitive to me, simply create dialogue on the league.
Yes I do love the Friday night games, also being an Army fan I watched more Chaos and chrome games when Surdick and Nichtern where playing So understand it’s good to have one team to Route for
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Agree 100%. I love the discussions around personnel and team strategy. I follow the news and watch when I can. But life commitments have made it difficult to watch all the games in the summer. It's a lot of time to dedicate on the weekends, especially across two days.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

There could be any number of reasons why a guy is not playing, like work, wedding/family commitment. It's still not a full-time jpb.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Chris Gray, who I loved watching in college, is in the second half of his second game this weekend and has done basically nothing (same with Garnsey). Maybe it's the coach St. Laurent, I dunno, but something off there.

Paul hasn't been afraid to change coaches so maybe St Laurent's last year.

MTA: maybe John Paul Grants fault the Redwoods, Gray and Garnsey suck on O. A great player obviously, but would not be the first great player to not be so great as a coach. See: Wayne Gretzky.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Unknown Participant wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:23 pm

Chris Gray, who I loved watching in college, is in the second half of his second game this weekend and has done basically nothing (same with Garnsey). Maybe it's the coach St. Laurent, I dunno, but something off there.

Paul hasn't been afraid to change coaches so maybe St Laurent's last year.

MTA: maybe John Paul Grants fault the Redwoods, Gray and Garnsey suck on O. A great player obviously, but would not be the first great player to not be so great as a coach. See: Wayne Gretzky.
You can see gray is playing not to make mistakes, so someone needs to have more confidence in him and let his game open up, also how is it the ref is talking to Tierney about a penalty that would favor his sons team?
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

Will be at the games this weekend - excited to see (almost) all the teams live. Disappointed that Degnon isn't dressing for the Woods, would be nice to see a Homewood homecoming for him. Have to imagine he has other commitments because there really is no excuse to have Tierney dressing over him.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Lax Mouse wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:48 pm Will be at the games this weekend - excited to see (almost) all the teams live. Disappointed that Degnon isn't dressing for the Woods, would be nice to see a Homewood homecoming for him. Have to imagine he has other commitments because there really is no excuse to have Tierney dressing over him.
Tierney is the all time leading score at Hofstra, played for USA team. Come on man 👨
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

lorin wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:49 am
Lax Mouse wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 7:48 pm Will be at the games this weekend - excited to see (almost) all the teams live. Disappointed that Degnon isn't dressing for the Woods, would be nice to see a Homewood homecoming for him. Have to imagine he has other commitments because there really is no excuse to have Tierney dressing over him.
Tierney is the all time leading score at Hofstra, played for USA team. Come on man 👨
Yes - Tierney has had a great college career and has experience on the national team. But he's played in 16 PLL games over the last four seasons and has 9 points, 8 of which came in 2021 and 2022. Lots of great college players don't pan out in the PLL. He's clearly got the talent, and could explode at any time, but he hasn't yet. I just feel like Degnon gives the offense a better chance to score with what we've seen this season.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Lax Mouse wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:03 pm
Yes - Tierney has had a great college career and has experience on the national team. But he's played in 16 PLL games over the last four seasons and has 9 points, 8 of which came in 2021 and 2022. Lots of great college players don't pan out in the PLL. He's clearly got the talent, and could explode at any time, but he hasn't yet. I just feel like Degnon gives the offense a better chance to score with what we've seen this season.
I agree , mind was sarcasm
Lax Mouse

Post by Lax Mouse »

lorin wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:04 pm
My bad at not catching it :)

Between the heat and the blowouts, pretty brutal day to be at the games. Waterdogs showed some life in the second half but this has been a year to forget for Coach Tierney. Woods played one of the worst games I think I've ever watched from a professional club.

Hoping for some more exciting games tomorrow!
lorin

Post by lorin »

Lax Mouse wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 6:26 pm
lorin wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 5:04 pm
My bad at not catching it :)

Between the heat and the blowouts, pretty brutal day to be at the games. Waterdogs showed some life in the second half but this has been a year to forget for Coach Tierney. Woods played one of the worst games I think I've ever watched from a professional club.

Hoping for some more exciting games tomorrow!
Hopefully tomorrow better games, Redwoods are hard to watch when your X guy has more goals then assist that’s not a winning recipe , totally wasting gray talents he’s afraid to shoot.

FYI had the over in Denver games not happy
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

The celebrity ref has twice missed obvious actions that merited expulsion in the last few weeks. Ticking off both fans and players. Shouldn't have to be corrected after the fact by league.
lorin

Post by lorin »

stupefied wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:38 pm The celebrity ref has twice missed obvious actions that merited expulsion in the last few weeks. Ticking off both fans and players. Shouldn't have to be corrected after the fact by league.
Wow great move suspending one of the best defensive players in the league, I think I would have put him out first game of next year. People want to see him on the field against Cannons,
YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

Wow great move suspending one of the best defensive players in the league,
From the "experts", it sounds like the suspension was a good call...waiting 2 weeks to come up with the punishment on the other hand, was not a great move.

I'm interested to see how the Whipsnakes do today. They have not played in 3 weeks and probably haven't practiced all that much. Will that have an effect?

If I am making the schedule I would have had the quarterfinals last week, the Semifinals on Friday night and the Championship today.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

No in game live stats for a playoff game??/ Pretty lame PLL... Even low level D3 have in game live stats.

Return to “PROFESSIONAL LACROSSE”