Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Navy 2019

Post by youthathletics »

Mission accomplished!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:28 am Mission accomplished!
Source?
Who is it?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Is this like a Bush Iraq Mission Accomplished? Or do you actually have intel that Navy has landed their man?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

AreaLax wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:43 am
youthathletics wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:28 am Mission accomplished!
Source?
Who is it?
Sorry, this was a reply to Wombat. No direct news to report.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:59 am Watch out. Pew! Pew!

Laser beams approaching.
Yikes! :shock: WomCAT in position... :D
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Impressive...selflessness is SOP for Coach Timchal - so is her leadership presence in victory or defeat...
https://navysports.com/news/2019/5/2/re ... ?path=wlax
"I am so proud of the Navy women's lacrosse program," head coach Cindy Timchal said after the game. "Army is a tough team to play in the first game of the Patriot League Tournament. It was a great game. It was tough early on. I am proud of our players for playing through some challenging situations and coming through in the end."
https://navysports.com/news/2019/5/4/wo ... ?path=wlax
"It is not what we expected," head coach Cindy Timchal said after the game. "We came out strong, but credit to Loyola. They executed very well, especially No. 9 (Hannah) Powers. They had solid goaltending and defense. We had our opportunities. We tried to make a run in the second half, but they played precision lacrosse today to earn the championship and the victory today. We love Navy women's lacrosse. The team fought all the way to the end. It didn't go quite the way we expected, but hopefully we get an opportunity to play in the NCAAs."
https://navysports.com/news/2019/5/10/w ... ?path=wlax
"I want to give out a shout out to my coaches Gabby Capuzzi, Aly Messinger, and Kelly Devlin," head coach Cindy Timchal said after the game. "They put together a wonderful game plan. Obviously, it goes without saying that the players were certainly bought into what we needed to do in this first round NCAA game. It is a blessing for us. We did not win a conference title, but we were recognized and valued by the NCAA. We wanted to come out and prove that we deserved to be here. With that, I am pleased with the execution. It wasn't perfect, but with that we wanted to work hard no matter what. I am proud of the coaching staff and the team. Our goal is to stay together as long as we can as a team for 2019."
https://navysports.com/news/2019/5/12/w ... ?path=wlax
"Virginia got the best of us today," head coach Cindy Timchal said. "Our team hung strong the whole way. We had some momentum opportunities for us. We generated some good shots. We played and lost to a very good team. Navy women's lacrosse is exceptional, winning on Friday and coming out today and fighting the whole way. I am proud of the team. Proud of the seniors. Proud of the returning players who will be hungry for 2020. Tough loss for today down here in Charlottesville, but I couldn't ask for a better team than Navy women's lacrosse."
...just a small sample. Hopefully, the next MLax HC will be as genuinely selfless with natural leadership presence as Coach Timchal provides to WLax.
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

And the beat goes on.........
old salt

Post by old salt »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:38 am I am sure Wellner is an awesome dude. And his resume seems great. But I cannot possibly understand why you would move on from Sowell...to hire his top assistant. Unless you feel like Sowell individually was the problem and everything else about your program is in a solid state.
If you didn’t like the way Rick did things, then why hire his right hand man? Will be really be that different?
-- Wellner coaches the parts of the program which have been a consistent strength -- team defense & faceoffs.
-- He's been the lead recruiter. Should minimize potential defections.
-- Known quantity in how he interacts with the current players & the rest of USNA.
-- newly arrived recruits won't have to worry about being cut at the start of fallball.
-- low risk if an interim or short term contract. He's earned a shot. (imho)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:06 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:38 am I am sure Wellner is an awesome dude. And his resume seems great. But I cannot possibly understand why you would move on from Sowell...to hire his top assistant. Unless you feel like Sowell individually was the problem and everything else about your program is in a solid state.
If you didn’t like the way Rick did things, then why hire his right hand man? Will be really be that different?
-- Wellner coaches the parts of the program which have been a consistent strength -- team defense & faceoffs.
-- He's been the lead recruiter. Should minimize potential defections.
-- Known quantity in how he interacts with the current players & the rest of USNA.
-- newly arrived recruits won't have to worry about being cut at the start of fallball.
-- low risk if an interim or short term contract. He's earned a shot. (imho)
Agreed. And HC brought in a D-Coordinator this past year in Coach Lynch via NAPS who kids really liked playing for. As some have said "he's da' man".
~Livy

HealthyDebate

Post by HealthyDebate »

Rumor on LI is Wellner interviewed elsewhere and could be on the move if offered.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

HealthyDebate wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:29 pm Rumor on LI is Wellner interviewed elsewhere and could be on the move if offered.
Wow! Would be a classic pattern if, just like Tillman, he starts his head coaching career at Harvard.
Bravo 3

Post by Bravo 3 »

Please stop, Sowells prints are all over the “associate head coach” . Hes been in the decision making rooms for 8 years , He was never going to be the head coach. Good luck to coach but 3 of the 5 tewarton finalists had their best games against Wellners defense .
A top d1 HEAD coach is coming
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Bravo 3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 pm Please stop, Sowells prints are all over the “associate head coach” . Hes been in the decision making rooms for 8 years , He was never going to be the head coach. Good luck to coach but 3 of the 5 tewarton finalists had their best games against Wellners defense .
A DI head coach could well be coming. But I am not counting on it being Tillman or Toomey. It could be a top coach. But I doubt he will be from a top program. However, I could be wrong. There are some positive things to sell when it comes to Navy for either.
Last edited by gymman1031 on Thu May 30, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HealthyDebate

Post by HealthyDebate »

Bravo 3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:40 pm Please stop, Sowells prints are all over the “associate head coach” . Hes been in the decision making rooms for 8 years , He was never going to be the head coach. Good luck to coach but 3 of the 5 tewarton finalists had their best games against Wellners defense .
Tell us more. Sounds like you are close to the decision makers and the team.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It is Tewaaraton.
You mean 1 of the 5? :D
Last I checked....
Spencer had 7 points vs Navy, 7 vs Army, 5 vs G'Town, 7 vs JHU, and 11 vs the #1 ranked team PSU going into the finals.
Bernhardt had 4 vs Navy, 5 vs the #1 ranked team PSU going into the finals.
Sowers did have 9 vs Navy, but also had 8 vs Cornell. And Wellner openly owned that loss in the paper.
~Livy

Tecumseh

Post by Tecumseh »

HealthyDebate wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:29 pm Rumor on LI is Wellner interviewed elsewhere and could be on the move if offered.
Concur , Hope he gets the job in Cambridge or Fairfield . He is a good man who deserves a HC job .

Tillman and Toomey turned down 500K plus NAAA housing . They have both seen the duplicitous Cabal in Ricketts corrupt actions and are in a great place in their current institutions .

When does CHT “retire” ?? MLAX is dead FB is dead .. how the mighty have fallen with CHT driving the bus into the ditch.

Will the new SUPE really send CHT packing ?

FORE

“T”
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:46 pm
Wow! Would be a classic pattern if, just like Tillman, he starts his head coaching career at Harvard.
c'mon y'all. now harvard's going to hire a coordinator from. a program who's had the record navy's had?
should we all be taking crazy pills?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:22 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:46 pm
c'mon y'all. now harvard's going to hire a coordinator from. a program who's had the record navy's had?
should we all be taking crazy pills?
You are probably right. I was just saying that it would be a pattern if the unlikely happened.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tecumseh wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:19 pm
Concur , Hope he gets the job in Cambridge or Fairfield . He is a good man who deserves a HC job .

Tillman and Toomey turned down 500K plus NAAA housing . They have both seen the duplicitous Cabal in Ricketts corrupt actions and are in a great place in their current institutions .

When does CHT “retire” ?? MLAX is dead FB is dead .. how the mighty have fallen with CHT driving the bus into the ditch.

Will the new SUPE really send CHT packing ?

FORE

“T”
JHC T...you doing okay? :lol: Full of doom and gloom.
~Livy

Bravo 3

Post by Bravo 3 »

Yes youth, thank you for the spelling correction. And you were right by a goal on bernheart, I forgot , it was Dubick who Navy turned into Steele stanwick
The finalists were picked before the playoffs so I didn’t include his playoff loss, but Spencer did have 7 points and he didn’t play some of the fourth because of the score unlike the other games you mentioned

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”