Transfer Portal 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxrat1976

Re: Transfer Portal 2024

Post by laxrat1976 »

NULax2 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 2:16 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:04 am
laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:09 pm We were at Northwestern’s camp today with my daughter and Jaylen Rosga was working there. Makes it seem she is going there but haven’t seen anything.
I heard she visited NW and Ohio State.
well, if it was between OSU and NU, I think we know who wins that battle. :D
Know I how I know you haven’t visited Ohio state vs Northwestern.

OSU support and facilities are on a level well past most professional sports teams. They should never be dismissed
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

Any news on if BC has picked anybody up?
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

laxrat1976 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:08 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:09 pm We were at Northwestern’s camp today with my daughter and Jaylen Rosga was working there. Makes it seem she is going there but haven’t seen anything.

OSU support and facilities are on a level well past most professional sports teams. They should never be dismissed
That must be why a ton of coaches turned down Ohio State, even when some were offered double their salary.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Its not about facilities. I've heard the new lacrosse facilities are nice.

IMO, I think its more about the OSU Admin's expectations. Outside of football & BB, what sport is the school know for?
I was surprised when they gave Amy Bokker the hook after 4 yrs. and with all due respect, I'm not sure Amanda Moore moves the needle.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

She has updated he IG account to say Northwestern lacrosse
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

NULax2 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:56 am

IMO, I think its more about the OSU Admin's expectations. Outside of football & BB, what sport is the school know for?
I was surprised when they gave Amy Bokker the hook after 4 yrs. and with all due respect, I'm not sure Amanda Moore moves the needle.
I agree. I'd argue the 3 best facilities in women's lax (In order) are Pitt, OSU and Navy. Don't think we will see any of those teams competing for titles any time soon.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:08 pm
NULax2 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:56 am

I agree. I'd argue the 3 best facilities in women's lax (In order) are Pitt, OSU and Navy. Don't think we will see any of those teams competing for titles any time soon.
Pitt and OSU the best 3 facilities in women's lax? hard disagree. If that was the case, Pitt and OSU would be able to recruit much better than they do currently. They are okay, but there are much better facilities out there. UNC is tops right now. NW is up there as well (the field not so much but locker rooms and other facilities are A+ with killer views) I do agree about navy. All the service academies have top facilities. Clemson and USF will be up there once theirs are completed
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

laxfan2889 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:24 am Any news on if BC has picked anybody up?
Anybody heard anything?
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Pitt’s field is beautiful but it isn’t on campus - gotta think that takes them out of top 3
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

BigRedChant wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:05 pm Pitt’s field is beautiful but it isn’t on campus - gotta think that takes them out of top 3
Same is true for Navy. It is also primarily a football stadium rather than a lacrosse stadium, where it is hard to create much energy in such a cavernous space.
WLaxdad

Post by WLaxdad »

Can Opener wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:58 pm
BigRedChant wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:05 pm Pitt’s field is beautiful but it isn’t on campus - gotta think that takes them out of top 3
Same is true for Navy. It is also primarily a football stadium rather than a lacrosse stadium, where it is hard to create much energy in such a cavernous space.
I figured Navy would use the fields right on the water, looks like a bunch of fields there that would have an amazing view. I don't think they would need a large seating capacity for WLax (hopefully that's wrong & they do).
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

WLaxdad wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 2:16 pm
I figured Navy would use the fields right on the water, looks like a bunch of fields there that would have an amazing view. I don't think they would need a large seating capacity for WLax (hopefully that's wrong & they do).
I guess in the end it really doesn’t matter where and how Navy’s facilities are. I would think the kids going to Army and Navy aren’t really going there for the facilities. I would think it’s just an added bonus for them. Now other places yes. I had a friend whose daughter walked into Coastal Carolina and said our high school locker room is better.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Deacon022 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 3:46 pm
I guess in the end it really doesn’t matter where and how Navy’s facilities are. I would think the kids going to Army and Navy aren’t really going there for the facilities. I would think it’s just an added bonus for them. Now other places yes. I had a friend whose daughter walked into Coastal Carolina and said our high school locker room is better.
The US military is the best in the world - why would we expect mid facilities for their leaders in training? And you sacrifice so much to be there - I 100% think the facilities would matter to the athletes - because facilities is in some way a measure of how much the school respects your team.

The Coastal locker room is fine and decently spacious - but their stadium is pretty cool with the teal turf and palm trees - and the weight room is what you would expect from a pretty high level football team - in other words awesome. They also just installed a new video screen in the stadium and the full size indoor practice field will be finished within a year.

In our experience - the bigger the football program- it usually helps what the lax team also uses.
Deacon022

Post by Deacon022 »

BigRedChant wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm
The US military is the best in the world - why would we expect mid facilities for their leaders in training? And you sacrifice so much to be there - I 100% think the facilities would matter to the athletes - because facilities is in some way a measure of how much the school respects your team.

The Coastal locker room is fine and decently spacious - but their stadium is pretty cool with the teal turf and palm trees - and the weight room is what you would expect from a pretty high level football team - in other words awesome. They also just installed a new video screen in the stadium and the full size indoor practice field will be finished within a year.

In our experience - the bigger the football program- it usually helps what the lax team also uses.
Think you misunderstood my it doesn’t matter. If a kid is going to Army, I don’t think the lax facilities are the reason why she’s going, but if a kid is choosing between Maryland and BC, it may.
And my son goes to coastal. The football stadium is great. The girls lax locker room isn’t. Especially when you compare it to schools that have a decent football program, which Coastal has had the last three of the last four years.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

Deacon022 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:26 pm
BigRedChant wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm

Think you misunderstood my it doesn’t matter. If a kid is going to Army, I don’t think the lax facilities are the reason why she’s going, but if a kid is choosing between Maryland and BC, it may.
And my son goes to coastal. The football stadium is great. The girls lax locker room isn’t. Especially when you compare it to schools that have a decent football program, which Coastal has had the last three of the last four years.
Rome was not built in a day. NU's Indoor facility. The football is middling on a good year. It helps to be a wealthy school with rich benefactors.

https://nusports.com/facilities/ryan-fieldhouse/18

I'm excited to see the temporary football stadium by the lake when its completed in a month. The lacrosse team will also use it next season.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Womens soccer plays right on the water (one of my kids got to be a ball girl during a game years ago). Awesome spot to enjoy a game. Really surprised lacrosse chooses to play in the stadium (which is also a great spot, but obviously the crowd looks small in a stadium that size).
laxmenow

Post by laxmenow »

Latest updates to the overall list of transfers to D1 schools, up to 125 in total. Please add updates in bold as you have them:

New School Name (Former School, Position YR)
Albany Kimaura Schindler (Xavier D SO)
Boston Univ Zoe Inglis (Merrimack G SO)

Bryant Isabelle Planchet (Virginia Tech M JR)
Butler Paris Alexander (Cincinnati A,M SR)
Butler Kate Mullee (Wofford M SO)
Butler Emma Palmer (George Mason A SO)
Butler Riley Ryan (Manhattan M JR)
Butler Kate Stigsell (Old Dominion A JR)
Canisius Alexandra Czapukaitis (Mercer D GR)
Central Conn Skye Gaudio (Monroe CC A SO)
Cincinnati Sophia Passa (Longwood A JR)

Clemson Bridget Babcock (Cornell M GR)
Clemson Lexi Edmonds (Penn A GR)
Clemson Maggie Jordan (Richmond M SR)
Clemson Lindsey Marshall (Towson A GR)
Clemson Bryce Pfundstein (Ohio State D GR)
Coastal Carolina Grace Lord (Lasalle D JR)
Connecticut Tori Cini (Holy Cross G GR)
Connecticut Meghan Lane (Hamilton D GR)
Cornell Kathleen Michaud (California A SO)
Denver Maddie Montgomery (William Smith M GR)
East Carolina Emma Magazu (UNH D SR)
E Michigan Payton Bloedow (Stony Brook M SR)
Fairfield Katherine Zanelli (Ohio State A JR)
Florida Jordan Basso (Gettysburg M GR)
Florida Cali Bishop (Louisville M JR)
Florida Jennifer Markey (Syracuse M GR)
Furman Taylor Bank (George Wash. A SO)
Furman Madigan Brewer (UMBC G JR)
Furman Skylar Hilmar (E Michigan M JR)
Furman Alessandra Moore (E Michigan M SO)
Furman Rachel Ward (American M SO)
Georgetown Hanna Bishop (Wash & Lee A GR)
Georgetown Rosie McCarthy (Dartmouth M GR)

High Point Jaidyn Donley (Stony Brook M JR)
High Point Bella Germani (Stony Brook M JR)
High Point Ella McKay (Elon A SO)
High Point Kate Prentice (Xavier M SO)
High Point Eva Thorn (Stony Brook M SO)
High Point Haley Urban (South Florida A SO)
Hofstra Avery Lanzarotta (Stetson G SO)
Holy Cross Ava Moran (South Florida M SO)
Johns Hopkins Lacey Downey (Boston College M SO)
Lasalle Emi Waldron (Sacred Heart A JR)
Lindenwood Lucia Selander (Butler A JR)
Lindenwood Aislinn Sweeney (Albany G GR)
Loyola Ava Kane (Rutgers A JR)
Manhattan Julia Harvey (Merrimack D JR)
Manhattan Maya Metz (Robert Morris A JR)
Marquette Devon Ortman (Colorado College D GR)
Maryland Caroline Ross (Butler D JR)
Maryland Caroline Smith (Butler G GR)

Massachusetts Lauren Carey (Old Dominion D GR)
Massachusetts Dylan Lyons (New Hampshire A SO)
Massachusetts Claire Smith (Stonehill G GR)
Mercer Sofia D'Angelo (Loyola A JR)
Mount St Marys Ella Curci (Winthrop D JR)
Mount St Marys Jamie Fedorjaka (Bucknell D GR)
Mount St Marys Maddie Malfa (Winthrop A SO)
North Carolina Sarah Gresham (Virginia Tech M JR)
North Carolina Nicole Humphrey (USC M GR)
North Carolina Olivia Vergano (Virginia Tech A SR)
Northwestern Niki Miles (Penn A GR)
Northwestern Jordan Miles (High Point A SR)
Northwestern Jaylen Rosga (Maryland M JR)
Ohio State Isabelle Osborn (South Florida A SO)
Ohio State Jocelyn Torres (Virginia Tech G JR)
Old Dominion Kayleigh Flanegan (Stetson M JR)
Old Dominion Alexandria Kulinski (Jacksonville M SR)
Old Dominion Lydia Laney (Xavier M SO)
Old Dominion Olivia Scott (George Mason D SR)
Old Dominion Hannah Shaddock (Mass Lowell G JR)
Orgeon Bri Carrasquillo (Yale M GR)
Penn State Lily Strohecker (Navy D SO)
Pittsburgh Aidan Carr (Colorado A SO)
Quinnipiac Ava Clemson (Butler M SO)
Rhode Island Makayla Au (Xavier D SO)
Rhode Island Caitlin Dellacave (Stony Brook A GR)
Rhode Island Katie Karoly (Wingate D JR)
Rhode Island Samantha MacDonald (High Point M GR)
Rhode Island Casey Phelps (Hofstra G JR)
Rhode Island Mia Sheldon (Coastal Carolina D GR)
Richmond CC Jacobs (Oregon M SO)
Richmond Victoria Rankin (San Diego St M JR)
Robert Morris Summer Boone (Presbyterian M SO)
Rutgers Lexie Coldiron (Lafayette G GR)
Sacred Heart Sydney Saba (Xavier D JR)
St Josephs Kate Kaptrosky (Butler M JR)
San Diego St Talie Richardson (Central Conn M SR)
San Diego St Matty Spaeth (Boston U A SR)
San Diego St Carly Sullivan (Pitzer N GR)
Siena Samantha Spieler (Merrimack M SR)
South Florida Caroline Gallagher (Cabrini D GR)
South Florida Sydney McClure (Coastal Carolina M GR)
South Florida Mikaela Ness (Missouri West St M SR)
South Florida Paige Pagano (Jacksonville G GR)
Stonehill Julia Kogan (Xavier M JR)
Stony Brook Ava Mark (LIU D SO)
Stony Brook Braden Siverson (Bucknell M SO)
Syracuse Ava Peers (Louisville D SO)
UC Davis Gabby Torres (Colorado College M JR)
UNC Charlotte Keira Armitage (Xavier D JR)
UNC Charlotte Morgan Badger (Longwood D SO)
UNC Charlotte Gianna Cutaia (Penn State D GR)
UNC Charlotte Kylie Gioia (Cincinnati A SR)
UNC Charlotte Sammie Giroux (Pitt M GR)
UNC Charlotte Katie Kornacki (Stetson M SR)
UNC Charlotte Katherine Ling (Niagara G JR)
UNC Charlotte Hailey O'Donoghue (Fla So. D JR)
UNC Charlotte Ally Prasinos (Louisville M JR)
UNC Charlotte Claire Schotta (Virginia Tech A GR)
USC Reese Robinson (Rutgers M SO)
USC Casey Roberts (Ohio State M JR)
Vanderbilt Caelan Jones (Oregon G SO)
Vanderbilt Alexandra Moss (Hofstra D JR)
Vanderbilt Jackie Norsworthy (Florida M SR)
Vanderbilt Kiki Norton (Denver D FR)
Vermont Carley Vernon (Coastal Carolina G JR)
Virginia Lara Kology (Florida D JR)
Virginia Tech Jody Chu (Canisius G JR)
Virginia Tech Caroline Doffermyre (Mercer D JR)
Virginia Tech Kate Elam (George Mason A GR)
Virginia Tech Evan Johnston (Syracuse D GR)
Virginia Tech Aaliyah Jones (Stony Brook G GR)
Virginia Tech Emma Rowland (Old Dominion M JR)
forthelaxofit

Post by forthelaxofit »

Great work putting this together.

Any idea what happened to a few of the other top names not in your list but mentioned by Inside Lacrosse in June? I think someone in here mentioned that Cuocco is staying at Drexal? Couple other ones mentioned were Isa Torres (Virginia Tech) and McKenna Harden (UNC). Are they also staying at their schools?

I knew names/players better when my daughter was in college so I don't recognize a ton of them. I thought it was interesting High Point picking up 3 Stony Brook players. Top teams usually have a lot of talent on the bench so it could be interesting to see how this works out for High Point this year.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Torres will be an interesting one as I am not sure going back to Va Tech is an option. Cuocco is staying at Drexel at least for now. Northwestern did not have her degree as an option. Maybe she graduates at Christmas and goes. Who knows.
Wlax31

Post by Wlax31 »

Did all VT portal players find a new home?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”