~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: ~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by old salt »

Biden's speech was very unsettling. Can he last another 6 mos ? Russia & China are watching.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:58 am
Well Bill Clinton and trump have something in common, neither one was ever convicted of their alleged crimes in a court of law.
I guess you forgot Trump did go to trial? In a court of law, not public opinion.

Jury finds Trump liable for sexual abuse, awards accuser $5M

Clinton isn't running. And he wasn't a convicted felon or all the other stuff Trump has done. Apples to Oranges, but if it makes you sleep better at night, keep telling yourself they're the exact same.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:P
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:58 am
Well Bill Clinton and trump have something in common, neither one was ever convicted of their alleged crimes in a court of law.
I guess you forgot Trump did go to trial? In a court of law, not public opinion.

Jury finds Trump liable for sexual abuse, awards accuser $5M

Clinton isn't running. And he wasn't a convicted felon or all the other stuff Trump has done. Apples to Oranges, but if it makes you sleep better at night, keep telling yourself they're the exact same.
That was in a civil court was it not? The burden of proof is not the same as in a criminal court. Had he been convicted in a criminal court he would have earned the title of convicted felon a long time ago. Just because Clinton is not running that doesn't give him a pass on his deviant and disgusting sexual attacks on women who made credible accusations against him. Does it make you sleep better at night for willingly giving Bill Clinton a pass? It isn't apples to oranges it is as apples to apples comparison as it gets. A sexual assault on any woman by any man only defines the perpetrator as the lowest and most vile type of person in existence.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Incorrect. Trump lost in court a judgment to pay about $80 million to E Jean Carrol. The judge had a comment or two on what it meant
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:08 am Biden's speech was very unsettling. Can he last another 6 mos ? Russia & China are watching.
First one to say something, bravo, OS. I looked up the video Ggait referenced

This tells me yet again that the move to get rid of Biden had NOTHING to do with old age or incoherence. It's about the stupid election.

Or are we supposed to believe that Americans are so stupid that they said "hey, this guy isn't all there, and shouldn't run President again".....

.....instead of "hey, this guy isn't all there and has the nuclear codes RIGHT NOW, and should step down, and put the VP in charge".

Anyone here want to explain why they haven't been calling to remove Biden RIGHT NOW? He's only "sorta senile"...and will expire in exactly six months? :roll:

If we're gonna remove him, remove him now. Then there's no question who's the freaking Dem nominee, and our troops don't have to worry if their CiC has all his marbles.

Then when Trump wins, we can get on to removing him before it's too late.
njbill

Post by njbill »

It was a civil case, and the burden of proof was lower than beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal case, but I’ll bet you dollars to Boston cream doughnuts that that jury would have convicted him of a criminal charge if it had been put to them.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 am Incorrect. Trump lost in court a judgment to pay about $80 million to E Jean Carrol. The judge had a comment or two on what it meant
I know that. I read the judges comments and they were harsh as was the CIVIL PENALTY. It was not a criminal conviction in a criminal court. Had he been convicted of the actual crime of sexual assault he would have been a true blue convicted felon. FTR the way I feel about sexual predators I wish he had been convicted in a criminal court. trump would have been a very popular guy in prison. He would have made a lot of new friends.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:06 pm It was a civil case, and the burden of proof was lower than beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal case, but I’ll bet you dollars to Boston cream doughnuts that that jury would have convicted him of a criminal charge if it had been put to them.
I bet the jury members wish they could have had five minutes alone with him in a room with a baseball bat.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:05 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:08 am Biden's speech was very unsettling. Can he last another 6 mos ? Russia & China are watching.

This tells me yet again that the move to get rid of Biden had NOTHING to do with old age or incoherence. It's about the stupid election.

Or are we supposed to believe that Americans are so stupid that they said "hey, this guy isn't all there, and shouldn't run President again".....

.....instead of "hey, this guy isn't all there and has the nuclear codes RIGHT NOW, and should step down, and put the VP in charge".

Anyone here want to explain why they haven't been calling to remove Biden RIGHT NOW? He's only "sorta senile"...and will expire in exactly six months? :roll:

If we're gonna remove him, remove him now. Then there's no question who's the freaking Dem nominee, and our troops don't have to worry if their CiC has all his marbles.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Harris as CinC, but I think she'd probably err on the side of caution, especially as a stand in, which is ok by me. I fear that over the long term, she'd further weaken our military to the point where we could not respond effectively & maintain deterrence.

I don't think Trump is eager to use the military (to take US casualties), but I think he'd keep us strong & maintain an effective deterrent.
I don't have that confidence in Harris. I'd be extremely happy with Kelly as CinC.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:35 pm

I don't have a lot of confidence in Harris as CinC, but I think she'd probably err on the side of caution, especially as a stand in, which is ok by me. I fear that over the long term, she'd further weaken our military to the point where we could not respond effectively & maintain deterrence.
Nah. She'll trade military spending for domestic. Same as ever was.
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:35 pm I don't think Trump is eager to use the military (to take US casualties), but I think he'd keep us strong & maintain an effective deterrent.
I don't have that confidence in Harris. I'd be extremely happy with Kelly as CinC.
He's not eager to use it, as we saw in his first time. As you know, I was 100% wrong about Trump on that count. I thought he'd use our military like a toy. He didn't. To his credit.

Is Harris a NeoCon? I don't know. But I have confidence that Harris is all there, mentally. I don't have that confidence in Biden, and I think it's absurd that our parties and media understand he's not fit to be POTUS in Jan of 2025...yet somehow think he's perfectly fine here in July of 2024.

Good luck explaining that idea to someone from another coutnry.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:35 pm

I don't think Trump is eager to use the military (to take US casualties), but I think he'd keep us strong & maintain an effective deterrent.
If Kamala becomes our next CiC she will have to be aware that her chops will tested very quickly by bad actors from a few rather powerful nations that don't and never will respect a female president. I keep bringing this up because it is relevant to her qualifications. She was handed the job of handling the disaster at the southern border and finding a doable solution that all sides could agree on. I do know that after a period of time the matter went dormant and her mission was kicked to the curb by her own boss. I don't say this to demean her in anyway. I say this because once it is game on in September she will be hammered mercilessly on this matter by team trump. She will have to explain to the American people what went wrong and why. The way it looks from my perspective is she failed at whatever it was her objective was. Nobody in the Biden administration ever explained to my understanding what went wrong.
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:04 pmIf Kamala becomes our next CiC she will have to be aware that her chops will tested very quickly by bad actors from a few rather powerful nations that don't and never will respect a female president. I keep bringing this up because it is relevant to her qualifications. She was handed the job of handling the disaster at the southern border and finding a doable solution that all sides could agree on. I do know that after a period of time the matter went dormant and her mission was kicked to the curb by her own boss. I don't say this to demean her in anyway. I say this because once it is game on in September she will be hammered mercilessly on this matter by team trump. She will have to explain to the American people what went wrong and why. The way it looks from my perspective is she failed at whatever it was her objective was. Nobody in the Biden administration ever explained to my understanding what went wrong.
With as much respect as i can muster...your "perspective" is warped.

She has most certainly NOT "failed at whatever it was her objective was" [sic]

As you know, "fixing" the southern border means different things to different people. Trump thinks one thing, which is TOTALLY out of proportion and unreasonable. You KNOW he does nothing but lie about it, right? The border issue is in crisis to be sure, but trying to measure HER competency against that one issue is a total fool's errand. How many times did Trump scream "MURDER!" "Hundreds of THOUSANDS of Americans murdered by insane, illegal aliens!!" during that debate?? That's a clue, Cradle, one of his most frequent lies.

You know that a VERY conservative Senator from deep red Oklahoma put together a comprehensive immigration bill that made NUMEROUS concessions to "the left" along the way, right? Do YOU know Harris' contribution to THAT effort? Do you know who ACTUALLY kicked that effort to the curb?

Your shallow understanding of the border wedge issue belies the fact that you have totally adopted the MAGA framing of the border issue. NO ONE, including the Orange Moron, has "solved" this issue...as we have discussed at great length on these boards...neither side (though yes, mostly the right, wants to keep it out there as a wedge issue) has fixed it.

Trying to fix a meme to Ms. Harris on this score is shallow and not likely to work with anyone paying close attention who is NOT a devoted MAGA cultist. You've hung out around here long enough to know that trying to paint Harris as not ready for office, on THIS score, is flat out wrong. Stop trying to make the MAGA case for them, Cradle. Please.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:04 pmIf Kamala becomes our next CiC she will have to be aware that her chops will tested very quickly by bad actors from a few rather powerful nations that don't and never will respect a female president. I keep bringing this up because it is relevant to her qualifications. She was handed the job of handling the disaster at the southern border and finding a doable solution that all sides could agree on. I do know that after a period of time the matter went dormant and her mission was kicked to the curb by her own boss. I don't say this to demean her in anyway. I say this because once it is game on in September she will be hammered mercilessly on this matter by team trump. She will have to explain to the American people what went wrong and why. The way it looks from my perspective is she failed at whatever it was her objective was. Nobody in the Biden administration ever explained to my understanding what went wrong.
With as much respect as i can muster...your "perspective" is warped.

She has most certainly NOT "failed at whatever it was her objective was" [sic]

As you know, "fixing" the southern border means different things to different people. Trump thinks one thing, which is TOTALLY out of proportion and unreasonable. You KNOW he does nothing but lie about it, right? The border issue is in crisis to be sure, but trying to measure HER competency against that one issue is a total fool's errand. How many times did Trump scream "MURDER!" "Hundreds of THOUSANDS of Americans murdered by insane, illegal aliens!!" during that debate?? That's a clue, Cradle, one of his most frequent lies.

You know that a VERY conservative Senator from deep red Oklahoma put together a comprehensive immigration bill that made NUMEROUS concessions to "the left" along the way, right? Do YOU know Harris' contribution to THAT effort? Do you know who ACTUALLY kicked that effort to the curb?

Your shallow understanding of the border wedge issue belies the fact that you have totally adopted the MAGA framing of the border issue. NO ONE, including the Orange Moron, has "solved" this issue...as we have discussed at great length on these boards...neither side (though yes, mostly the right, wants to keep it out there as a wedge issue) has fixed it.

Trying to fix a meme to Ms. Harris on this score is shallow and not likely to work with anyone paying close attention who is NOT a devoted MAGA cultist. You've hung out around here long enough to know that trying to paint Harris as not ready for office, on THIS score, is flat out wrong. Stop trying to make the MAGA case for them, Cradle. Please.

My bad Dis. She succeeded brilliantly regarding when it came to addressing the calamity and chaos at the southern border. She did such a magnificent job that the Biden administration kept it top secret. No need to get at about it. Please don't get spittle all over your computer screen. I'm not the one you need to get angry at. Those Republican trump people are probably now coming up with their game plan. What im expressing to you is my opinion and informing you about something you already know. Kamala Harris will be asked in front of the American people about what she did or did not accomplish as Joe Bidens Czarina to deal with the South border. The Republicans are going to be hammering home the issue. They see it as a real weakness that Harris has that they can advantage of. Either she will or will not have a logical explanation for the American people that they can understand. BTW, the garden is doing good. I never did get around to planting that crabapple tree in your honor.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:21 amJust because Clinton is not running that doesn't give him a pass on his deviant and disgusting sexual attacks on women who made credible accusations against him. Does it make you sleep better at night for willingly giving Bill Clinton a pass? It isn't apples to oranges it is as apples to apples comparison as it gets. A sexual assault on any woman by any man only defines the perpetrator as the lowest and most vile type of person in existence.
I'll wait here for you to find a quote saying I gave Clinton a pass. :lol:

Every time a slimy republican is outed doing something bad, you come with the same, tired, lame joke: "sounds like a democrat, guffaw!" Ignoring that it's a republican actually doing it. For years, if not decades.

If you're so up in arms about sexual assault and the perpetrator being the most vile type of person in existence, then you're for removing Kavanaugh and Thomas from the bench, right? Or are you "giving them a pass"?

So we have Clinton, who you keep bringing up for no good reason. Who isn't running, and hasn't been president in 20+ years. Who had one sexual harassment (not assault) allegation voters were ever aware of and only for the second election, then some more harrassment/assault allegations came out during his second term after the election. If he was guilty of assault or rape, then sure, lock him up. Oh yeah, and guess what? I never voted for the man. :lol:

Then you have Trump. A jury in a court of law found he assaulted Carroll. The judge said he is a rapist. A guy with DOZENS more assault allegations, including multiple underage incidents and allegations. So that alone is a 10x worse contrast. Then you have him committing fraud on charities, and ordered by courts of law to pay millions. Then you have the felony convictions. You know, from a court of law. And the list goes on and on breaking the law, thousands of lawsuits and settlements, willfully keeping top secret docs when asked to return them, trying to overthrow the election, etc.

And yet with all this knowledge out in the open prior to this election? Voters are still cheering him on and want them as their leader. So no, not an apples to apples comparison at all regarding candidate Trump vs. then candidate Clinton. It's like saying a scratch to an ear and having someone's head blown off is an apples to apples comparison because there was bleeding.

Find me a Dem presidential candidate that's done everything Trump has, and you can say Trump "sounds like a democrat".
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:12 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 am Incorrect. Trump lost in court a judgment to pay about $80 million to E Jean Carrol. The judge had a comment or two on what it meant
I know that. I read the judges comments and they were harsh as was the CIVIL PENALTY. It was not a criminal conviction in a criminal court. Had he been convicted of the actual crime of sexual assault he would have been a true blue convicted felon. FTR the way I feel about sexual predators I wish he had been convicted in a criminal court. trump would have been a very popular guy in prison. He would have made a lot of new friends.
Bad news for you numbnuts. None of what hou said means he didn’t do it. A more modern OJ. Hos first wife also, in her court filing, alleged rape and abuse. The man is scum
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 4:10 pm
Bad news for you numbnuts. None of what hou said means he didn’t do it. A more modern OJ. Hos first wife also, in her court filing, alleged rape and abuse. The man is scum
Who?? trump or Clinton 😜
FTR the old nutsack isn't so much numb as they are itchy at times. That Gold Bond powder is a godsend.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Biden is still mumbling about his cancer moonshot while his FTC Chairperson slowed the introduction & production of a revolutionary early cancer detection test.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zengernews ... -re-merge/
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

C&S, masquerading as Nancy Mace. Nice!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:59 am Biden is still mumbling about his cancer moonshot while his FTC Chairperson slowed the introduction & production of a revolutionary early cancer detection test.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zengernews ... -re-merge/
Fussy old sailor tries to stay relevant in a world quickly slipping away from him. More at 11:00.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:24 am
C&S, masquerading as Nancy Mace. Nice!
I didn't even sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I think less Nancy and more Judge Judy. :D I really like Judge J. She is never overly harsh on people from the bench. ;)
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”