Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:14 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:37 am
njbill wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 8:54 am
a fan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:18 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:08 pm Hamas and the Israeli government don't want peace -- it is bad for the two existing power blocks.
That's exactly it.

i will say this....the 15 minutes of fame for this issue has expired. Anyone notice that there are ZERO headlines about Gaza now?

Now we're back to same ol', same ol'.
That’s right. Gaza has now been supplanted by the big story of the day: Republicans wearing bandages on their ears at the convention. :roll:
Trump was wearing one big bandage for what was a flesh wound. The objective was quite clear, make his wound look more serious than it was.
... not much more than a shaving cut.

When I was in my twenties I was home alone and cutting my hair - trimming it. Accidentally cut my ear lobe, never seen so much blood. No pain. Didn't need stiches or anything, just stuck the two pieces together, held them in place with my fingers, they adhered to each other in ten minutes. It healed in a few days.

Of course Trump and his cult are making more of the wound then is warranted. He was lucky, not warrior or god like. :roll:
Your ear lobe has no cartilage, now you all are plastic surgeons, among everything else. :lol:

For instance....my father recently had to have part of his ear removed (helix and some of the antihelix) from skin cancer, had to wear a large bandage for quite some time.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:08 pm Hamas and the Israeli government don't want peace -- it is bad for the two existing power blocks.
That's exactly it.

i will say this....the 15 minutes of fame for this issue has expired. Anyone notice that there are ZERO headlines about Gaza now?

That’s right. Gaza has now been supplanted by the big story of the day: Republicans wearing bandages on their ears at the convention. :roll:
Trump was wearing one big bandage for what was a flesh wound. The objective was quite clear, make his wound look more serious than it was.

When I was in my twenties I was home alone and cutting my hair - trimming it. Accidentally cut my ear lobe, never seen so much blood. No pain. Didn't need stiches or anything, just stuck the two pieces together, held them in place with my fingers, they adhered to each other in ten minutes. It healed in a few days.

Of course Trump and his cult are making more of the wound then is warranted. He was lucky, not warrior or god like. :roll:
My good friend and neighbor says it looks like an ear diaper.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:04 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:36 am
That's exactly it.

Well the students haven't gone back to college yet. I'm sure they'll pick up right where they left off.
.... the kids are still in the streets, all over the western world. Just not getting the coverage by the press. Stories now on the back page and single column, small print. There is not as much interest by the readers.
It makes for better tv ratings when the protesters are at Yale.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

My college had a small-ish ski hill. When I was a freshman, they had set the hill up for an intramural downhill race. I didn’t enter the competition, but thought I would try out the downhill course. Big mistake. The course was on a narrow trail I shouldn’t have been on due to my limited intermediate skiing skills. Lost control and headed into the trees.

Back then I had no appreciation for how potentially serious the situation was. As I was about to hit a tree, instinct took over and I pivoted my head at the last second. Wasn’t able to turn my body which hit the tree. I got the wind knocked out of me like I never had before or since. The side of my head grazed the tree and my ear took the brunt of it. Tore the crap out of my ear.

I got patched up at the school Infirmary (which fortuitously for me was located at the bottom of the ski hill) and sent on my way. Forget if I got stitches or not. Forget how much the ear bled.

The only good thing that came out of it was one of the cutest girls in my dorm actually talked to me and wanted to know what happened. It was the one and only time she spoke to me that year.

Anyway, I still have a scar on my ear, but the injury was not very serious all things considered.

At some point after I graduated, the school closed the ski hill. Not due to me, but probably because of other idiots like me.

I’ve had a lot of skin cancer surgeries, but none to my ear. Yet. Know lots of people who have, however. All seem to be more serious than Trump’s injury.

Trump was lucky. I was lucky. Maybe I am the chosen one also.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:32 pm My college had a small-ish ski hill. When I was a freshman, they had set the hill up for an intramural downhill race. I didn’t enter the competition, but thought I would try out the downhill course. Big mistake. The course was on a narrow trail I shouldn’t have been on due to my limited intermediate skiing skills. Lost control and headed into the trees.

Back then I had no appreciation for how potentially serious the situation was. As I was about to hit a tree, instinct took over and I pivoted my head at the last second. Wasn’t able to turn my body which hit the tree. I got the wind knocked out of me like I never had before or since. The side of my head grazed the tree and my ear took the brunt of it. Tore the crap out of my ear.

I got patched up at the school Infirmary (which fortuitously for me was located at the bottom of the ski hill) and sent on my way. Forget if I got stitches or not. Forget how much the ear bled.

The only good thing that came out of it was one of the cutest girls in my dorm actually talked to me and wanted to know what happened. It was the one and only time she spoke to me that year.

Anyway, I still have a scar on my ear, but the injury was not very serious all things considered.

At some point after I graduated, the school closed the ski hill. Not due to me, but probably because of other idiots like me.

I’ve had a lot of skin cancer surgeries, but none to my ear. Yet. Know lots of people who have, however. All seem to be more serious than Trump’s injury.

You're the Chosen One.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:32 pm My college had a small-ish ski hill. When I was a freshman, they had set the hill up for an intramural downhill race. I didn’t enter the competition, but thought I would try out the downhill course. Big mistake. The course was on a narrow trail I shouldn’t have been on due to my limited intermediate skiing skills. Lost control and headed into the trees.

Did an angel guide you around the tree or into the tree? If it was the latter you should have had a chat with that angel.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

My curiosity about trying the downhill course and overconfidence in my abilities “guided” me towards that tree. My survival instinct allowed me to largely avoid it. No angels involved.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 2:49 pm My curiosity about trying the downhill course and overconfidence in my abilities “guided” me towards that tree. My survival instinct allowed me to largely avoid it. No angels involved.
.....G*d entered the picture when he sent the cute girl to see you. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

I guess it was the devil, then, who prevented her from ever talking to me again. :)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:31 am
That's exactly it.

Your ear lobe has no cartilage, now you all are plastic surgeons, among everything else. :lol:

For instance....my father recently had to have part of his ear removed (helix and some of the antihelix) from skin cancer, had to wear a large bandage for quite some time.
... compared to Trump I am a god like warrior. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 11:31 am
That's exactly it.

... compared to Trump I am a god like warrior. :lol:
....I do not doubt that one bit, appreciate the humor. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“In summary it said that years of Israel’s own officially and self-described ambitions to build and settle in the occupied territories amounted to an intent to effectively annex territory against international law; that those policies were designed to benefit settlers and Israel, not the Palestinians living under military administration.”

https://www.theguardian.com/law/article ... erritories
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
OCanada

Re: Israel and the West Bank Settlements Issue

Post by OCanada »

About time. +1
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Michelle Goldberg in the Times, on the company you keep:

"The Anti-Semite Coming to the Trump Find Raiser:

The far-right media star Candace Owens thinks that Adolf Hitler is misunderstood.

“They’ve turned him almost into Lord Voldemort,” she said on her YouTube show this month. “We actually know nothing about the person other than that we must fear him.”

Owens argues that it was the Germans who were actually victims of ethnic cleansing in World War II, and that we should be skeptical of the “bizarre propaganda” about the sadistic experiments of Josef Mengele.

This kind of thing is pretty much par for the course for Owens, who parted ways with the conservative Daily Wire in March over her increasingly overt antisemitism.

So it’s striking to learn, via Jewish Insider, that Owens is listed as a featured guest at a fund-raising event for Donald Trump’s campaign on Friday in Nashville — a city, it’s worth noting, that has recently been invaded by gangs of neo-Nazis and white supremacists. Donald Trump Jr. is headlining and tickets start at $3,000.

Trump, of course, is no stranger to virulent Jew-haters; in 2022 he dined with the Hitler-loving rapper Ye (formerly Kanye West) and the white nationalist Nick Fuentes, both allies of Owens. It’s still surprising that Trump and his camp feel emboldened enough to openly associate with a Holocaust denier in the middle of a presidential campaign. Maybe they thought we’d all be so busy worrying about Joe Biden that we wouldn’t notice."
njbill

Post by njbill »

And of course, his own vice presidential nominee calls him America’s Hitler. Oh, and he also calls him a sexual predator. I’m sure there’s more from JD that will come out about DJ presently.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:28 pm Owens argues that it was the Germans who were actually victims of ethnic cleansing in World War II, and that we should be skeptical of the “bizarre propaganda” about the sadistic experiments of Josef Mengele.

This kind of thing is pretty much par for the course for Owens, who parted ways with the conservative Daily Wire in March over her increasingly overt antisemitism.
Owens is proof that life exists on planets other than earth. Because that's where she is. :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:41 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:28 pm Owens argues that it was the Germans who were actually victims of ethnic cleansing in World War II, and that we should be skeptical of the “bizarre propaganda” about the sadistic experiments of Josef Mengele.

Owens is proof that life exists on planets other than earth. Because that's where she is. :lol:
It is a remarkable thing that anyone "supporting Israel" would really prefer Trump, who traffics in his own racism, entertains and cultivates overtly anti-semitic people, and busily cultivates his Saudi and Emirates friends for cash.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:59 pm And of course, his own vice presidential nominee calls him America’s Hitler.
You do realize that was not a public statement. Vance said that in a private text to his law school roommate during the 2016 campaign.
The roommate leaked it & went on to be a (D) GA state senator. Vance admitted he was wrong. Something you're unable to do regarding Biden's "condition".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:32 am
njbill wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:59 pm And of course, his own vice presidential nominee calls him America’s Hitler.
You do realize that was not a public statement. Vance said that in a private text to his law school roommate during the 2016 campaign.
The roommate leaked it & went on to be a (D) GA state senator. Vance admitted he was wrong. Something you're unable to do regarding Biden's "condition".
Something you may do?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”